Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,069 members, 7,863,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:02 AM

Imo North Senatorial Seat: Supreme Court Dashes Ararume’s Hopes, upholds Ibezim - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo North Senatorial Seat: Supreme Court Dashes Ararume’s Hopes, upholds Ibezim (22047 Views)

Supreme Court Declares Frank Ibezim, Imo North Senator-Elect / Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 / Hope Uzodinma's Supreme Court Victory Reunites Okorocha, Ararume & Uche Nwosu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo North Senatorial Seat: Supreme Court Dashes Ararume’s Hopes, upholds Ibezim by garfield1: 9:57pm On Feb 05, 2021
fergie001:

Why is it rubbish!?
You don't have your original documents, affidavits that you submitted aren't stamped or signed and you call it rubbish?

That means I can go to the internet, print anything and give you as Certificate.

Ibezim Chukwuma Frank and Ibezim Chukwuma Francis....

EXHIBITS IN COURT
“He presented a statutory declaration of age deposed to by one Emmanuel Ibezim, who happens to be his elder brother. The statutory age declaration was not signed by the declarant, which rendered the document invalid.

“He submitted another affidavit stating the loss of his academic qualification certificates which was not signed by the deponent, this also rendered the document invalid.

“The said unsigned affidavit did not have a police extract in support, to show that he reported to the law enforcement authority”.

“Mr. Frank Ibezim submitted the photocopies of his academic certificates which he said were missing namely, WAEC certificate, university degree and NYSC certificate, purportedly certified as true copies of the originals and we made the following observations.

More Here

You are muddling up the issues na and misrepresenting facts.what you posted is what the apc panel used to disqualify him which is different from what inyang ekwo said....

What inyang ekwo used to disq him according to my earlier assertion is that the waec certificates were uncertified and his name arrangement.the judge focused more on the name arrangement which is actually a non issue.as you know,false declaration of age cannot affect him if it is not fundamental in nature.

Finally,the person that took him to court did not take part in the apc primaries and therefore had no locus standi
Re: Imo North Senatorial Seat: Supreme Court Dashes Ararume’s Hopes, upholds Ibezim by fergie001: 10:18pm On Feb 05, 2021
garfield1:
You are muddling up the issues na and misrepresenting facts.what you posted is what the apc panel used to disqualify him which is different from what inyang ekwo said....

What inyang ekwo used to disq him according to my earlier assertion is that the waec certificates were uncertified and his name arrangement.the judge focused more on the name arrangement which is actually a non issue.as you know,false declaration of age cannot affect him if it is not fundamental in nature.
What I stated there were exhibits the Court based its findings on.

I don't know how "fundamental" you need it to be.

This case you dey look like this....wetin e go bring out fit shock you.

Senators don't have the kind of influence that Presidents and Governors have...Note that!

I know what I am saying....It will be good for him to start making contacts through his Governor.

Finally,the person that took him to court did not take part in the apc primaries and therefore had no locus standi
Locus standi will depend on what he is standing on:
Section 87(9)a of the Electoral Act place it solely on one who contests in the Primaries, but Section 31(5) of the Electoral Act place it on "anyone" who believe any candidate has submitted a false statement.

It was on that premise that Chief John Alaga, who didn't participate in the Cross River North PDP Primaries challenged his "supposed" winner, Jarigbe.

It was under Section 31(5-6) that Douye Diri challenged Degi and the APC in Bayelsa.

It was still under section 31(5) that Edobor Williams and the APC challenged Obaseki.
Re: Imo North Senatorial Seat: Supreme Court Dashes Ararume’s Hopes, upholds Ibezim by odiks: 10:43pm On Feb 05, 2021
fergie001:

My brother.....SE is not like the SW.

It is easy to get people to follow you here in the SW, their political differences is just on the surface. They are very liberal.

The SE don't play loyalty-politics.....everybody na Oga.
Show me one SE leader, that controls a Governor here....you saw Obi/Obiano, OUK/TA, Anyim/Umahi, Nnamani/Chime, etc.

That doesn't take away how well he has played his politics over the years but over here it isn't just political sagacity, it is the nature of the followers.

Of Course, INEC will give him the Certificate.

I don't know of the Okewulonu case but that certificate matter isn't one to throw away.

I am yet to get the full rundown but Inyang Ekwo started this whole Degi thing....he did this same Nwosu thing. The problem isn't in the Appeal but at the SC.

Appeal court judgement on the certificate issue is by 12 noon tomorrow in Abuja.
Re: Imo North Senatorial Seat: Supreme Court Dashes Ararume’s Hopes, upholds Ibezim by Okoroawusa: 10:47pm On Feb 05, 2021
How come some people call Uzodinma a "Supreme court governor" but not the Bayelsa governor or the Zamfara governor?
That's to let you know where the name is coming from. People of selective madness.
Re: Imo North Senatorial Seat: Supreme Court Dashes Ararume’s Hopes, upholds Ibezim by Munzy14(m): 11:04pm On Feb 05, 2021
fergie001:
Not surprising to anyone......

kahal29 ejimatic dansuqi garfield1

Now to the certificate issue...
What is holding dansuqi from following the way of sarrki na.?..

Well, governor udom Emmanuel will use him to guard the onion growing project in akwa ibom, so he can help to secure it against herdsmen.

1 Like

Re: Imo North Senatorial Seat: Supreme Court Dashes Ararume’s Hopes, upholds Ibezim by Munzy14(m): 11:05pm On Feb 05, 2021
Okoroawusa:
How come some people call Uzodinma a "Supreme court governor" but not the Bayelsa governor or the Zamfara governor?
That's to let you know where the name is coming from. People of selective madness.
Okoroawusa Rochas...

Re: Imo North Senatorial Seat: Supreme Court Dashes Ararume’s Hopes, upholds Ibezim by garfield1: 11:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
fergie001:

What I stated there were exhibits the Court based its findings on.

I don't know how "fundamental" you need it to be.

This case you dey look like this....wetin e go bring out fit shock you.

Senators don't have the kind of influence that Presidents and Governors have...Note that!

I know what I am saying....It will be good for him to start making contacts through his Governor.

Locus standi will depend on what he is standing on:
Section 87(9)a of the Electoral Act place it solely on one who contests in the Primaries, but Section 31(5) of the Electoral Act place it on "anyone" who believe any candidate has submitted a false statement.

It was on that premise that Chief John Alaga, who didn't participate in the Cross River North PDP Primaries challenged his "supposed" winner, Jarigbe.

It was under Section 31(5-6) that Douye Diri challenged Degi and the APC in Bayelsa.

It was still under section 31(5) that Edobor Williams and the APC challenged Obaseki.

It cannot be the exhibits because the final link took me to what the apc screening committee presented word for word....what I posted is directly from the judge so let's work with mine...

He claimed to have lost the originals and he brought photocopies.I have not seen proofs that the photocopies are false.the judge major problem is the arrangement of name which is a none issue since ibezim is constant
Re: Imo North Senatorial Seat: Supreme Court Dashes Ararume’s Hopes, upholds Ibezim by fergie001: 11:14pm On Feb 05, 2021
garfield1:

It cannot be the exhibits because the final link took me to what the apc screening committee presented word for word....what I posted is directly from the judge so let's work with mine...

He claimed to have lost the originals and he brought photocopies.I have not seen proofs that the photocopies are false.the judge major problem is the arrangement of name which is a none issue since ibezim is constant
No Problem......na SC I dey wait sef, not appeal.

Odiks said Appeal will rule tomorrow.
Re: Imo North Senatorial Seat: Supreme Court Dashes Ararume’s Hopes, upholds Ibezim by garfield1: 11:34pm On Feb 05, 2021
fergie001:

No Problem......na SC I dey wait sef, not appeal.

Odiks said Appeal will rule tomorrow.

Which odiks? Let us wait and see their reasons but know that his case is not as bad as degi own
Re: Imo North Senatorial Seat: Supreme Court Dashes Ararume’s Hopes, upholds Ibezim by fergie001: 11:40pm On Feb 05, 2021
garfield1:

Which odiks? Let us wait and see their reasons but know that his case is not as bad as degi own
Stick with a name....it isn't so difficult.
Re: Imo North Senatorial Seat: Supreme Court Dashes Ararume’s Hopes, upholds Ibezim by garfield1: 11:41pm On Feb 05, 2021
odiks:

Appeal court judgement on the certificate issue is by 12 noon tomorrow in Abuja.

What about ebebi vs richman case and odey vs jarigbe
Re: Imo North Senatorial Seat: Supreme Court Dashes Ararume’s Hopes, upholds Ibezim by garfield1: 11:42pm On Feb 05, 2021
fergie001:

Stick with a name....it isn't so difficult.

Frank,Francis.livi,livinus.
Re: Imo North Senatorial Seat: Supreme Court Dashes Ararume’s Hopes, upholds Ibezim by fergie001: 11:44pm On Feb 05, 2021
garfield1:

Frank,Francis.livi,livinus.
Francis isn't a lawyer.

The Appeal Court stuck with Livy because he is a registered member with the Legal Privileges Committee. It also happened with Aondakaa.
Re: Imo North Senatorial Seat: Supreme Court Dashes Ararume’s Hopes, upholds Ibezim by garfield1: 11:50pm On Feb 05, 2021
fergie001:

Francis isn't a lawyer.

The Appeal Court stuck with Livy because he is a registered member with the Legal Privileges Committee. It also happened with Aondakaa.

And buhari? It is now a precedent sir
Re: Imo North Senatorial Seat: Supreme Court Dashes Ararume’s Hopes, upholds Ibezim by fergie001: 11:53pm On Feb 05, 2021
garfield1:

And buhari? It is now a precedent Sir
Alright.
Re: Imo North Senatorial Seat: Supreme Court Dashes Ararume’s Hopes, upholds Ibezim by garfield1: 12:11am On Feb 06, 2021
fergie001:

Alright.

True but theres a limit to that protection.if abused fundamentally like in bayelsa and imo and zamfara and almost in 2008 against yaradua,they won't hesitate.they only help governors when the matter is trivial.if you are forging,let your surname remain constant.if it is about age,let it be that you will still fall within the constitutionally stipulated age if there was no forgery like in wike and ayade case....
Re: Imo North Senatorial Seat: Supreme Court Dashes Ararume’s Hopes, upholds Ibezim by fergie001: 12:17am On Feb 06, 2021
garfield1:

True but theres a limit to that protection.if abused fundamentally like in bayelsa and imo and zamfara and almost in 2008 against yaradua,they won't hesitate.they only help governors when the matter is trivial.if you are forging,let your surname remain constant.if it is about age,let it be that you will still fall within the constitutionally stipulated age if there was no forgery like in wike and ayade case...
In Nigeria's system, it is the more you look, the less you see.

On a very good day....Bayelsa is APC and Imo is PDP.....but those ones are for the archives now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Igboho Is Not Our Freedom Fighter" - Southern Youths Reject Igboho / Wike Thinks About Me All The Time Even In His Toilet - Amaechi / Hussaini Mairiga Blasts Buhari Over Dasuki, Says Cabal Ruling Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.