Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? (844 Views)

Misrule Worse Than Boko Haram-PDP / Keyamo Replies Ben Murray-Bruce: We Cant Forget PDP 16 Year Misrule In 5 Months / Fashola Meets His Former School Teacher After 38 Years (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by brotherly: 9:20am On Apr 06, 2011
I constantly hear of 12 years misrule of PDP as the reason why GEJ should not be favourably considered.

In our 50yrs of indepedence Northerners have ruled for 38 years. Buhari who is the main opposition candidate has been there for 20 months without anything to show. A vote for Buhari extends the number of years we have had northerners ruling. The truth is if zoning is not an issue, then Buhari does not stand any chance. The average mallam politician sees himself as a mallam before he considers his party. This explains why some key PDP northerners are ready to throw their weight behind Buhari.

My question is in the very sorry story of nigeria, who gets more blame? The 12 years of PDP, or the 38 years of northerners?
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by vigasimple(m): 10:11am On Apr 06, 2011
Nigerian politics for the uninitiated is about NORTHERN 'CABAL/CALIPHATE' and 'BORN TO RULE' . the campaign against GEJ is not about his competence or even the PDP incompetence as well but about 'We want our power we loaned to the south back'

Mko Abiola won an election, they murdered him because he is a southerner, since he was a muslim they cannot use that against him. They only 'loaned' the power to the south via OBJ to appease the Yoruba's after the murder of Abiola knowing well that the SW may move for seccession which actualises Biafra and Nigeria coming to an end.

The Northern cabal are after the 52% federal budget and nothing more, not even the welfare of their own people.

More unfortunately, the southern political mugus think the North by whatever candidates will be sincere once they becomes President, NO, history has shown they are only loyal to the caliphate and the emirs, and cabal via the Islamic pretense.

GEJ anyday over 12 years of PDP rule, but certainly over 38 years of North deliberate 'rulership'
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by Justcash(m): 10:15am On Apr 06, 2011
vigasimple:

Nigerian politics for the uninitiated is about NORTHERN 'CABAL/CALIPHATE'  and 'BORN TO RULE' . the campaign against GEJ is not about his competence or even the PDP incompetence as well but about 'We want our power we loaned to the south back'

Mko Abiola won an election, they murdered him because he is a southerner, since he was a muslim they cannot use that against him. They only 'loaned' the power to the south via OBJ to appease the Yoruba's after the murder of Abiola knowing well that the SW may move for seccession which actualises Biafra and Nigeria coming to an end.

The  Northern cabal are after the 52% federal budget and nothing more, not even the welfare of their own people.

More unfortunately, the southern political mugus think the North by whatever candidates will be sincere once they becomes President, NO, history has shown they are only loyal to the caliphate and the emirs, and cabal via the Islamic pretense.

GEJ anyday over 12 years  of PDP rule, but certainly over 38 years of North deliberate 'rulership'

I agree.
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 06, 2011
38 years of northern rulership of course
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by cjfavour(m): 10:31am On Apr 06, 2011
@vigasimple,the campaign against GEJ is about competent. He does nt have what it takes ti rule 9ja.He wines and dines with d corrupt.His wife is taintd,he's nt fight corruption rather he's celebrating it;Bode george.he shld go.
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by Justcash(m): 10:51am On Apr 06, 2011
cjfavour:

@vigasimple,the campaign against GEJ is about competent. He does nt have what it takes ti rule 9ja.He wines and dines with d corrupt.His wife is taintd,he's nt fight corruption rather he's celebrating it;Bode george.he shld go.

Mhen, "Engrish" a di kwa egwu!
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by ayusman16(m): 11:00am On Apr 06, 2011
na only us northerner get Nigeria? Abeg make other people try their luck, I support GEJ jor.
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by onemopol: 11:49am On Apr 06, 2011
I just laugh when I see northerners back Buhari with all their life, while a lot os southerners are treding the same path that makes some people feel they are more nigerian than others.

Pitch GEJ against any northerner today and the anti-south sentiments will cause northerners to back there broda . Check out the kind of headlines you see from "daily trust" and "leadership" newspapers and you will see what i mean.

i will never vote for any of the nrothern candidates ahead of GOODLUCK, becuase for once we need to tell some Ciromas in this country that the DAN FODIO script they have been playing has elapsed.

Dont get me wrong I am not against good governance, and the truth is GOODLUCK in his ten months has performed above average. Buhari was military head for almost 2 years and there is nothing I mean nothing we can point to aside his WAI campaign and locking mostly southern politicians.

i will say NO this time to another vieled ABOKI domination. If we all belong here, then we should all be qualified to lead, irrespective of tribe.
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 06, 2011
It is neither 38 years of Northern misRule nor 12 years of PDP misRule:
It is 50 years of falsehood and pretence.

Nigeria was never and is not and will never be one country. But for now that we are ONE, my vote goes to GEJ.
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by OmoTier1(m): 12:40pm On Apr 06, 2011
PDP 12YEARS HAS MISMANAGED OVER 30TRILLION NAIRA (AND STILL COUNTING). HOWEVER, I THINK WE SOUTHERNERS KEEP ALLOWING OUR SELF TO BE DECEIVED BY THIS 38YEARS OF NOTHERN RULERSHIP WHEN INFACT WE HAD AS MUCH OPPORTUNITY IN GOVERMENT AS DID THE NOTHERNERS BUT OUR INDIVIDUAL SELFISH (AS OPPOSED TO THE NORTH'S COLLECTIVE SELFISH) MENT WE ENDED UP ON THE LOOSING SIDE.

GO BACK IN HISTORY AND YOU WILL FIND THAT IN EVERY MILITARY RULERSHIP, THERE WERE EFFECTIVE SOUTHERNERS IN THE CORE DECISION MAKING BODY OF THAT GOVERNMENT (E.G. WHO WAS THE VP TO IBB, ABACHA?)BUT THEY NEVER HAD THE COLLECTIVE INTEREST OF THE SOUTH AT HEART BUT ONLY ENDED UP ENRICHING THEIR OWN POCKETS! SAME IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW IN THIS SO CALLED DEMOCRACY. GO AND CHECK FOR YOURSELF, THE NORTH HAS HAD MORE DEVELOPMENTAL PROJECTS SINCE 1999 WHEN COMPARED TO THE SOUTH EVEN WITHOUT THEM BEING IN THE PRESIDENCY! TELLS YOU MORE ABOUT WE SOUTHERNERS THAN WHAT SOME SOUTHERN ETHNIC BIGOTS MAKE BELIEVE.
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by AljUche: 12:58pm On Apr 06, 2011
op

you are the daft.est person i have seen on nairaland lately,

HOW HAS NORTHERNERS RULED FOR 38 YRS

IS IT THROUGH MILITARY COUPS OR DEMOCRACY

ARE WE IN MILITARY REGIME NOW OR DEMOCRACY

you this mumu
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 06, 2011
It's not about region.

Good man can come from any region.

Sanusi Lamido is a good, patriotic man from the north, so is Buhari.

After all, Atiku, IBB did not command this followership, and they are also northerners.
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by texazzpete(m): 1:07pm On Apr 06, 2011
I really do not give a hoot who rules Nigeria as long as he makes Nigeria a wealthy, prosperous and developed powerhouse. If it's a Northerner, Southerner or even a dog or goat, I don't care.
I want a better Nigeria for my children, not a silly statistical analysis of which tribe is ruling at which particular time.
All the people screeching about the North should remember we came out of an Obasajo presidency (8 years) just 4 years ago. In case you have forgotten, he's a Southern Christian.

Almost 2/3 of the Senate and House of Reps are from the North. All the people making  noise about diminishing the North's grip on power are seriously deluded.
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by brotherly: 1:14pm On Apr 06, 2011
jarus:

It's not about region.

Good man can come from any region.

Sanusi Lamido is a good, patriotic man from the north, so is Buhari.

After all, Atiku, IBB did not command this followership, and they are also northerners.

Is it the buhari that could not even state his plans for the nation other than probe , probe, that we are talking about?

Is it the same Buhari that you people dumped to vote for OBJ in 2003 we are talking about?

I can bet you that ATIKU would have gathered enough crowd in the north if he were the frontline northern opposition candidate.

The problem with Nigeria is hypocrisy. The same people that gave OBJ 95% of SW votes against the same Buhari, are the ones talking trash against Jonathan , Because OBJ is part of his back room team.
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by BetaThings: 2:38pm On Apr 06, 2011
brotherly:

Is it the buhari that could not even state his  plans for the nation other than probe , probe, that we are talking about?

Is it the same Buhari that you people dumped to vote for OBJ in 2003 we are talking about?

I can bet you that ATIKU would have gathered enough crowd in the north if he were the frontline northern opposition candidate.

The problem with Nigeria is hypocrisy. The same people that gave OBJ 95% of SW votes against the same Buhari, are the ones talking trash against Jonathan , Because OBJ is part of his back room team.
Your post is evidence of the hypocrisy.
So Yorubas now represent 95% of SW?
Obasanjo himself said the Yorubas did not vote for him in 2003. Try another trick
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/s-west-people-didnt-vote-for-me-in-1999-2003-obasanjo/
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by brotherly: 2:47pm On Apr 06, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

please, please. So can you tell me why AD fielded no presidential candidate in 2003?

Can you tell me why people like LAM and segun osoba keep saying OBJ betrayed them(SW govs) in 2003?

The figures i released are from INEC. so tell me how OBJ got 95% on the average in SW , except lagos ?
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by denko(m): 3:04pm On Apr 06, 2011
Buhari can never ever win, if he does by using his almajeri to intimidate voters, then he will only rule nothern nigeria because the south south are not second class citizens
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by dellnet: 3:21pm On Apr 06, 2011
Mko Abiola won an election, they murdered him because he is a southerner, since he was a muslim they cannot use that against him.
Who is they? get your facts right.
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by dellnet: 3:22pm On Apr 06, 2011
Justcash:

I agree.
OBJ made his way. You don't know his powers.
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by dellnet: 3:28pm On Apr 06, 2011
The money made in 12years rule of PDP is more than the whole northern rule. Development achieved by northern rulers is more than what pdp did. You do the math.
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by dellnet: 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2011
Dont get me wrong I am not against good governance, and the truth is GOODLUCK in his ten months has performed above average

Step out to the world and get a glimpse of what is going. You guys want to make a point but your biased and blind judgment wont let you. Get a grip.
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by 1025: 4:01pm On Apr 06, 2011
i must first of all say that i am from imo state.
after independence, who brought in coup to nigeria? the northerners? answer is no.
now we want to make nigeria good and the northerners agreed on a southern president which made obj run against olu felae. the aftermath of that was obj a southerner ruling for 8 yrs under pdp. because of what the southerners agreed to be pdp zoning system, obasanjo(a southerner) single handedly gave the power to a northerner(yar adua) to allow them run for 8 yrs before shifting to another zone.
with this arrangement, pdp convienced(confused) us that power will now rotate equally to all zones.
today, who is bringing in disorder into the system? the southerners is the answer. might the northerners get power again tomorrow and say no to zoning, we the southerners will gather here once more to open up threads that will take us no where.
outside ignorance, who says military is a type of govt? why are we not even interested in a man who ruled nigeria under democracy for 8 uninterupted and useless yrs. why are not interested in these same old criminals in charge every season. pdp has been made a one party system where Chief Raymond dokpesi has to be a member or face bomb charges.
we have to look at what will make this country move forward instead of worship these old fools whose children are above 50 and are still babies.
look at us, the type of men we have as our heroes. obasanjo, tony annenih, mrs etteh, bode george, alams, ibori, akala, gbenga daniels, late adedibu, cecilia ibru and other useless old men we call southern leaders. are we not ashamed of ourselves as a ppl. since 1999 that we have been in charge, can someone tell me what has changed about our southern states talkless of nigeria. is it not a southerner that pocketed N300b mearnt to repair his own roads till today and our ppl are dying on daily basis on this same roads.
if u ask me, the major problem of nigeria are the southerners.
i can testify to the heat of 1984 and 85 when buhari came up with war against indescipline, bribery and corruption. nigerians felt this man as for the first time in my whole life, i saw leadership by example. buhari and idiagbon will be shown on national tvs working on a clean up day. it is such a govt that nigerians are so much afraid of. we want useless hypocrites rulers.
obasanjo promised us electricity six months in office. tell me, even if u cld not live up to that promise, what about 8 yrs? such man who failed us is still , the bot chairman of the ruling party of this country. selecting, choosing, anointing, appointing, importing and imposing rulers on us on daily basis.
whooever wish us to continue in this useless and wicked governance, will die a useless death.
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by dellnet: 4:06pm On Apr 06, 2011
@1025 reading through your post I want you to understand something PDP constitution is not Nigeria's constitution if PDP says they will rotate every 8 years or so that is their problem not Nigeria's. Infact the practice of zoning is not define in democracy.
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by Justcash(m): 4:15pm On Apr 06, 2011
1025:

i must first of all say that i am from imo state.
after independence, who brought in coup to nigeria? the northerners? answer is no.
now we want to make nigeria good and the northerners agreed on a southern president which made obj run against olu felae. the aftermath of that was obj a southerner ruling for 8 yrs under pdp. because of what the southerners agreed to be pdp zoning system, obasanjo(a southerner) single handedly gave the power to a northerner(yar adua) to allow them run for 8 yrs before shifting to another zone.
with this arrangement, pdp convienced(confused) us that power will now rotate equally to all zones.
today, who is bringing in disorder into the system? the southerners is the answer. might the northerners get power again tomorrow and say no to zoning, we the southerners will gather here once more to open up threads that will take us no where.
outside ignorance, who says military is a type of govt? why are we not even interested in a man who ruled nigeria under democracy for 8 uninterupted and useless yrs. why are not interested in these same old criminals in charge every season. pdp has been made a one party system where Chief Raymond dokpesi has to be a member or face bomb charges.
we have to look at what will make this country move forward instead of worship these old fools whose children are above 50 and are still babies.
look at us, the type of men we have as our heroes. obasanjo, tony annenih, mrs etteh, bode george, alams, ibori, akala, gbenga daniels, late adedibu, cecilia ibru and other useless old men we call southern leaders. are we not ashamed of ourselves as a ppl. since 1999 that we have been in charge, can someone tell me what has changed about our southern states talkless of nigeria. is it not a southerner that pocketed N300b mearnt to repair his own roads till today and our ppl are dying on daily basis on this same roads.
if u ask me, the major problem of nigeria are the southerners.
i can testify to the heat of 1984 and 85 when buhari came up with war against indescipline, bribery and corruption. nigerians felt this man as for the first time in my whole life, i saw leadership by example. buhari and idiagbon will be shown on national tvs working on a clean up day. it is such a govt that nigerians are so much afraid of. we want useless hypocrites rulers.
obasanjo promised us electricity six months in office. tell me, even if u cld not live up to that promise, what about 8 yrs? such man who failed us is still , the bot chairman of the ruling party of this country. selecting, choosing, anointing, appointing, importing and imposing rulers on us on daily basis.
whooever wish us to continue in this useless and wicked governance, will die a useless death.

Obasanjo's rule sparked a rehabilitation of the Telecom, Aviation and Banking sectors. He cleared Nigeria's debts, cut the exchange rate of the Naira to almost 100 Naira to 1 dollar, and gave fair opportunity to every ethnic group during his tenure. He raised a respectable NAFDAC and EFCC. The Job created during his time was phenomenal. He also handed over to a Northerner as planned. He achieved more than all the northerners that ruled Nigeria ever achieved. Don't call his rule useless.
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by dellnet: 4:23pm On Apr 06, 2011
Obasanjo's rule sparked a rehabilitation of the Telecom, Aviation and Banking sectors.
1. How many Nigerians can afford to make calls or recharge their phones? how is the service during peak hours?

2. How many Nigerians can afford to fly, I have flown in a 3rd world country 1000km for less than 30 dollars equivalent of a flight from far northern towns to lagos, why can't it be so in Nigeria? oh lord where is our good ol Nigerian Airways?

3. How many Nigerians can save, what is your credit limit in your account? how many Nigerian can get loan from bank? In most countries with good banking system you could get a credit limit of $1000 just by being a citizen 18+.
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by dellnet: 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2011
100 Naira to 1 dollar
In what year was 100N to a dollar? and for how long? aint you ashame of saying this?
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by dellnet: 4:28pm On Apr 06, 2011
NAFDAC and EFCC
And what corruption and standards have been achieved whenever you come across them they ask "anything for us"
Re: Which Is Worse: 12 Years Of Pdp Misrule Or 38 Years Of Northerners Ruling? by jaybee(f): 5:47pm On Apr 06, 2011
@ OP

your title for this post shows your low level of thinking.

how did the northerners rule?

do we have northerners as a political party? or a ruluing entity?

when Gowon, Murtala, Obasanjo, Shagari, Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalam & co. were heads of state or president, were they under any northern manifesto or constitution?

do you mean people from other sections of the country folded their arms, opened their eyes, and left the government and country to those you called northerners?

please wake up from your slumber!

we are talking of a bunch of looters A.K.A PDP who are bound together by greed and desire to control the national cake. they are registered, and have identity. they use all methods to coner power to themelves, they dont recognize geographical dichotomies. they may have different geographical affiliations, different ideologes, different religions, but certainly, united by one interest - THE NATIONAL CAKE - Tha nations Resources.

wehn OBJ was in power, between 1999 and 2007, did you say it is the west that was in power?

no it was PDP.

so your insinuation of the northerners rulling the country is totally flawed and completely mischievious.

with this explanation, you should be ashamed of yourself now that your folly is revealed.

(1) (Reply)

Congrats Nigerians! We Are Holding Peaceful, Free And Fair Elections! / Imo Guber : Last Chance For Apga As Rochas Begs Court / Beaf - You Need To Read This - Please Desist From Propaganda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.