Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,603 members, 7,851,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:42 PM

Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War (45167 Views)

Okorocha's Ogun Chieftaincy Title Withdrawn By Eselu, Akintunde Akinyemi / Oba Akintunde Akinyemi Supports Igbo Presidency, Rejects Tinubu’s ‘Ambition’ / Criminal Herdsmen: Ooni Sends Warning To Sunday Ighoho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by elgramz: 1:42pm On Feb 06, 2021
demolinka:
I no believe all dis one jare. Most likely made up by some mischief makers armed with data. How a whole monarch go tell Ọọni say "let me bust your brain"? If I hear!

The Ọọni did right by going to consult with Buhari on the raging issue of herdsmen's menace. He couldn't have singlehandedly asked yoruba to take up arms against fulani herdsmen, and their families by extension. Hate their activities as I do, this is the only home some of them know and will ever know. Even Alaafin won't make that call of his subjects. No be 17th century we dey na.

Hopefully we'll resolve the issue soon and herdsmen will stop open grazing and embrace the government's NLTP... otherwise we'll resort to self-help.
So Tinubu's newspaper "The Nation" is now a bunch of mischief makers armed with data?
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Jaqenhghar: 1:47pm On Feb 06, 2021
Thats why I say monarchs have outlived their usefulness. Imagine an Ooni direct descendant of Oduduwa himself is now a slave to one old man suffering from dementia grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Lagoon0: 1:51pm On Feb 06, 2021
lagonovo:
The Ooni should have had better sense of history. Why go to such a meeting all alone? Covid ko... Buhari received at least 3 different delegations that same day on other issues. The recent Oonis have always been government apologists, truth be told. One was even an active politician under Awolowo while the immediate past one spearheaded the betrayal of June 12 by selling out in Abuja and was openly disgraced at Unilag in 1994.

The ones that always switch to the side of the people regardless of what they might lose are the Awujale of Ijebu and the Alaafin of Oyo. They easily oppose the government of the day openly. Most of the others just keep quiet to avoid trouble for self-preservation.

Anyone twisting history by telling you otherwise is just a shameless liar protecting an agenda. Know the background as you fight the enemies so you don't get disappointed and discouraged.
You must be a true son of the soil, and they will never invite someone like awujale or alaafin of Oyo but instead call on oni and oba of Lagos those that stand with government.

7 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by themanderon: 1:59pm On Feb 06, 2021
What style is he talking about? Cowering to the overlords is now a style? Your people are dying and you are still styling? Its OK.

4 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Dreyton36: 2:08pm On Feb 06, 2021
Make all of una get out undecided

Lights up my kpoli in peace

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 06, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
Yorubas are hardly united. That's the issue.

If not that you an IPOBian tribalist, with no sense, you would realize that Yoruba do this always and get results because of it.

Do you see Northern leaders challenging each other vehemently for the good of their people?

Do your own Igbo leaders ever do this? Instead they are always tacitly silent when Igbos are being butchered as we saw with Obigbo/Oyigbo lately.

When you point one finger at Yorubas the rest point back at the rest of Nigeria because Yorubas always do things exemplarily.

This is not a lack of unity. It is a call to compel everyone in authority to do their duty. Something I rarely see other Nigerians doing.

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Minjim: 2:13pm On Feb 06, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

How can you unite to fight against the insecurity you brought upon yourself ?

Abi you no support buhari fulani government again?

Please, take a seat

So because I voted Buhari in 2015 I shouldn't complain about his negativities?

If PDP did not fail would Buhari be an option?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by speakitnigeria: 2:21pm On Feb 06, 2021
dre11:
• Royal fathers row over Ooni’s visit to Aso Rock

• Oba Akinyemi: You’re too cold to our plight

• Ooni: My style is different

https://thenationonlineng.net/herdsmen-attacks-ooni-ogun-monarch-in-verbal-war/

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by johnmartus(m): 2:22pm On Feb 06, 2021
Ooni should stop ridiculing that seat...That seat is bigger and stronger that Aso rock seat.May God punish fulanis herdsmen they will never know peace.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by demolinka(m): 2:24pm On Feb 06, 2021
elgramz:

So Tinubu's newspaper "The Nation" is now a bunch of mischief makers armed with data?

Are they infallible because Tinubu owns them?
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by johnmartus(m): 2:28pm On Feb 06, 2021
Nawah for you oo kpoli. Inside this heat.
Dreyton36:
Make all of una get out undecided

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by vincentjk(m): 2:30pm On Feb 06, 2021
Amotolongbo:
The bolded part is where I have a great problem with our people

Let us pick up the arms and go physical with our enemy. Let us take the battle to them.

We keep on relenting on the spirit of the land. The same spirit of the land that could not defeat Sunday Igboho and Modakeke in the crises between Ife and Modakeke in 1997-1999. Yet we are relying on the spirit. This spirit Ooni is talking about has been kidnapped and we need fighting for ourselves if we want a lasting peace in our land.

Only a coward waits for his spirit to fight.

The truth is really bitter.

Sister tell your people abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by demolinka(m): 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2021
Lagoon0:

Ogbeni there are many ways to resolve this without going to aso rock. Deploy Yoruba delegate to warn all seriki in every state.

Call the Yoruba governor forum to look into the matter. But this one came back from close door meeting at aso rock and started criticizing Sunday igboho. Thats cowardice

You overestimate the 'power' of Ọọni over States that have elected governors. Ọọni no bẹ COAS Abi IGP.

Again this isn't 17th century. Ọọni no go call or summon any Yoruba governors forum. He would only probably act in an advisory capacity to the governors.

Na so una go dey believe sensational news wey una see. Where and when did Ọọni criticize Sunday Igboho? He even praised Sunday for being a mouthpiece for the downtrodden, is that cowardice?

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by olajizz01(m): 2:51pm On Feb 06, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

You've not seen anything yet, wait for more shocker from The fulani herdsmen . cheesy
O boy, why are you so obsessed about SW region, your governors were busy compensating Fulani terrorists in every operations in your region, why can't you this coward faced your coward governors encouraging destroyers of lives and properties in your region, or is your brain dead.
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by petitejolie(f): 2:53pm On Feb 06, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
Yorubas are hardly united. That's the issue.
the whole of d south o. Igbos are worse wen it comes to unity of purpose.
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Dreyton36: 2:54pm On Feb 06, 2021
johnmartus:
Nawah for you oo kpoli. Inside this heat.

God no go let me kpoli for Nigeria ijn amen
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by sapientia(m): 2:54pm On Feb 06, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Are you from Anambra? Why are you calling a royal stool "loyal stool" ? shocked the tongue so reflected in your post grin

I concur though. Buhari gives no hoots

Thanks for the correction grin

Hahahaha

I can write perfectly at all times..

But you see that tongue, can disgrace person eeh
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by petitejolie(f): 2:55pm On Feb 06, 2021
Na wa oooo....so dey had heavy plan for Sunday igboho. And could not plan heavy plan against bandits and terrorists. We really entered one chance . e go soon red for naija
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Princewell2012(m): 2:59pm On Feb 06, 2021
dre11:
• Royal fathers row over Ooni’s visit to Aso Rock

• Oba Akinyemi: You’re too cold to our plight

• Ooni: My style is different

https://thenationonlineng.net/herdsmen-attacks-ooni-ogun-monarch-in-verbal-war/

Hmm chai hope Ooni did not prostrate to Buhari when he gets there.? Nothing is impossible this days

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Princewell2012(m): 3:05pm On Feb 06, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

At the bolded

Stop talking nonsense please.

That was how you people pushed Sanusi lamido Sanisu until he got disgraced by Governor Ganduje.

But in the olden days this people are more powerful than the president, but because they have sold out their rights for a plat of potage . Phatetic. Don't be surprised that Ooni might even be prostrating to greet Buhari
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Oracleforce: 3:06pm On Feb 06, 2021
seunmsg:
Enough of the attack and blackmail on the person of the Ooni of Ife. Kabiyesi did nothing wrong in all of these. He met with the president in the interest of the region and noting else. We should unite to fight the insecurity in our region and stop this unnecessary media attack on each other.

He met with the president and we haven't seen any benefits of his visit to Abuja...I can smell. rats in his visit to Abuja....and there are ways of dethroning any kings if they will not do the biding of the people.....
Yoruba people are angry that the most respected office of the traditional ruler of Yoruba is being treated as a common civil servant in grade level 10 before the federal government....what a shame...!

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by PrinceOfLagos: 3:07pm On Feb 06, 2021
Princewell2012:

But in the olden days this people are more powerful than the president, but because they have sold out their rights for a plat of potage . Phatetic. Don't be surprised that Ooni might even be prostrating to greet Buhari
I like and respect Ooni of Ife and I pray God almighty give him The wisdom to lead his people right .
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Johnrio22(m): 3:10pm On Feb 06, 2021
Kriss216:

Going to meet the president is enough reason to dethrone him.

His people are being slaughtered, it's expected the president come to yorubaland and sympathize with them not the other way round.

you said it all
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by johnmartus(m): 3:12pm On Feb 06, 2021
Ah congratulations bro.
Dreyton36:

God no go let me kpoli for Nigeria ijn amen
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Johnrio22(m): 3:14pm On Feb 06, 2021
seunmsg:

He went to Aso rock to deliver a very strong message from the region to the president. Stop talking about what you know nothing about.

Bro, sincerely if he value his position, it should have been the other way round.
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by laiperi: 3:14pm On Feb 06, 2021
Mark my words and those still lamenting the loss of selfish and blind power under Jonathan that never benefited the real victims in Niger Delta but only benefited your leaders in Jonathan's cabinet.

You will cry blood the way you were before and after civil war until Yoruba brought you out of jungle by advancing your leaders in the West from Azikiwe down.

After the war, at the expense of Yoruba, Obasanjo boldly brought you out of the dog house into powerful positions.

Your glee at any misstep of Yoruba will devastate you. Pity yourselves as losers from day one, not Yoruba that crowned Jonathan.

Yoruba are vibrant and always tolerate and can deal with opposition within. You cannot.

Yes, Buhari is winning right now with divide and rule tactics that killed Hausa culture and made him with the one drop blood of Fulani, the Fulani Champion.

Yoruba have a history against Fulani in Oshogbo and against Igbo in Ore. Never never underestimate Yoruba resolve. The call on the spirits or on Oranmiyan is what War Generals use to motivate their soldiers.

Go and read Churchill's Once More Unto The Beach Once More!

Ndi Ara

PrinceOfLagos:

How can you unite to fight against the insecurity you brought upon yourself ?

Abi you no support buhari fulani government again?

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by Eriokanmi: 3:16pm On Feb 06, 2021
sapientia:

Thanks for the correction grin

Hahahaha

I can write perfectly at all times..

But you see that tongue, can disgrace person eeh
grin
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by lexy2014: 3:24pm On Feb 06, 2021
seunmsg:

He went to Aso rock to deliver a very strong message from the region to the president. Stop talking about what you know nothing about.

What was d strong message?
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by lexy2014: 3:26pm On Feb 06, 2021
Minjim:

Please, take a seat

So because I voted Buhari in 2015 I should complain about his negativities?

If PDP did not fail would Buhari be an option?

Since PDP failed and buhari became an option, hows it going with buhari as d option?

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by lexy2014: 3:27pm On Feb 06, 2021
citygarden:
I blame the Oni for this issue, at least when going for such meeting. Which not only concern your state. You go with one or two of the affected communities king as withness because they are in position to narrate the story of the event. Now we is Oni withness when discussing this issue with the president? The only withness Oni have is the ancestors, and not everybody will believe Oni didn’t go there for personal gain. Even his statement he released after the meeting have justified others to unleash him.

Very correct
Re: Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War by salford1: 3:31pm On Feb 06, 2021
APC government would not invite Alaafin. They know what they are doing grin

Alaafin would give it to them hot. He gave it to the military gov hot let alone a civilian gov. Alaafin is more experienced and not an APC appointed Oba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ortom: I Have Document, Fulani Want To Takeover Nigeria / Muhammadu Buhari Vs E. A Adeboye: A Nigerian Compares Their Age / Governor Obiano Visits Bridge Head Onitsha. Expresses Dissatisfaction (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.