Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. (2600 Views)

Analyse This Bible Passage And Tell Me If You Believe this really Happened / What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? / Which Bible Story Or Bible Passage Do You Find Bizarre Or Hard To Believe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by bobestman(m): 4:05pm On Feb 08, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

I have already explained in other responses that we who are Gentile believers are only Israelites in a spiritual sense. We are not Israelites in a legal sense, therefore many things that apply to natural descendants of Israel do not apply to us. For example, the Temple worship, circumcision, Sabbaths, etc do not apply to Gentile believers. They only apply to natural Jews.

However, all things that apply to Israel in a spiritual sense, for example, Salvation, Tribulation, divine discipline, special protection and provision, etc, apply to Gentile believers too.

You want to be one with a people and you don't want to follow their ways. You want to go to Rome and don't want to do as they do there....you left your land for another people's land and don't want to follow their traditions...where is that done bikonu? Una eyes go clear soon
Your name sounds like Igbo and you are calling yourself a gentile not knowing that Igbos are one of the head tribes of IsiOraEle. What traditions do Isreal keep that your ancestors didn't? Your his-stories are what they gave you as that of Isreal. Una Ignorance don reach a high crescendo...May Chiukwu Okike open una eyes
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by bixton(m): 4:16pm On Feb 08, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The woman represents all the 144,000 born again Christians to become corulers with Jesus Christ in heaven. The crown you see on her head represents the twelve Apostles of Jesus who were the first and foundation stones of God's earthly organization {Revelations 21:14} after Jesus' assenssion to heaven God poured out his Holy Spirit and began selecting those that will become born again corulers with his son in heaven. None of all God's servants before then had the privilege of learning from Jesus how to be a partaker in that government {Matthew 20:20-28} so Jesus declared that all those born of women till John the Baptist can't partake in his heavenly government {Matthew 11:11-12} they're going to inherit what God has promised in the beginning everlasting life on earth! Matthew 5:5; Psalms 37:29; Isaiah 65:21-23

Her child will cause a big issue but i'll say it anyway for the benefit of all those who truly want to know.
The child was born in the year 1914 when Jesus was crowned to begin ruling in heaven, in that year he drove Satan and his demons out of heaven and all these powerful spirits headed to the earth. You will notice that ever since the earth has been existing the greatest achievement in technology began right from that time, those demons possessed so many people and imparted the knowledge to invent many wonderful things speedily, they also possessed religious leaders of all kinds to perform great miraculous works {Matthew 24:4-6} they also possessed politicians and that's where our problem skyrocketed because these are rebellious angels whoever they possess will never be humbled or agree to humble themselves so most politicians wants to pitch their tent as powerful rulers and this led to the first WORLD WAR {Matthew 24:7-8} but since true followers of Christ must not take side in the political affairs of the world {John 17:16, 18:36} politicians in one place after another will start to persecute true Christians globally that was the year Jesus took away all the born again Christians who were sleeping in death {Revelations 12:14 compare to 1Thessalonians 4:16} this is what most Churchgoers are still expecting as RAPTURE but it has happened in the year 1914, the rest of the Born again Christians have been taken to heaven immediately they breath their last here on earth but Satan kept instigating the world against them! Revelations 12:17

So the child born to the woman is God's earthly part of his Organization known today as JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Organization!

May you have PEACE! smiley

1914.....what an interesting explanation..........
What you have just explained that in 1914 your father and founder of Jehovah's Witness was birthed.............

Continue to read your watch tower and self styled translated Bible...............
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Ihedinobi3: 6:57pm On Feb 08, 2021
bobestman:

You want to be one with a people and you don't want to follow their ways. You want to go to Rome and don't want to do as they do there....you left your land for another people's land and don't want to follow their traditions...where is that done bikonu? Una eyes go clear soon
Your name sounds like Igbo and you are calling yourself a gentile not knowing that Igbos are one of the head tribes of IsiOraEle. What traditions do Isreal keep that your ancestors didn't? Your his-stories are what they gave you as that of Isreal. Una Ignorance don reach a high crescendo...May Chiukwu Okike open una eyes

I prefer my ignorance to yours, sir. I would rather have the truth of the Bible than your teachings.

As for not wanting the ways of the Jews, it isn't about what I want. It is about what the Bible teaches. If the Bible says that Gentiles should not try to become Jews just because they have heard and believed the Gospel, then that is what I believe. I'm afraid I can't make it my problem that you disagree.
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by bobestman(m): 9:42pm On Feb 08, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

I prefer my ignorance to yours, sir. I would rather have the truth of the Bible than your teachings.

As for not wanting the ways of the Jews, it isn't about what I want. It is about what the Bible teaches. If the Bible says that Gentiles should not try to become Jews just because they have heard and believed the Gospel, then that is what I believe. I'm afraid I can't make it my problem that you disagree.

Would have loved to open your eyes a little on Hebrew/Eeebo/Igbo/Ibo/Igbo 101 lecture to show you that you are the Ancient people Isaiah 44:7 ;47:6 but seems your mind is already made up. Your language is the etymology of all languages on earth and the language of true scripture.

Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Kobojunkie: 12:03am On May 08, 2023
Ihedinobi3:
Very pleased to help, friend.Life in this world is for testing the human heart. We are here to make an eternal choice: will we believe in and submit to God or will we persist in rebellion against Him?So, all of our circumstances are structured by the Lord to give us an opportunity to answer that question. Sometimes, the Lord will delay answering a prayer so that we will be able to show either our confidence in Him or our enthusiasm and zeal one way or the other. As I pointed out earlier, if you want something bad enough, you keep demanding it until you get it or else you settle for something. With prayer, we only get what is in God's Will for us to have and we only get it when He wants us to have it.

3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.
James 4:3 (NKJV)

14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
1 John 5:14 (NKJV)

18 Therefore the LORD will wait, that He may be gracious to you;
And therefore He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you.
For the LORD is a God of justice;
Blessed are all those who wait for Him.
Isaiah 30:18 (NKJV)
Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of pleas. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who are loved by Him. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

You need to understand the meaning of the word "amiss" in order to realize what James was instead trying to tell you in that verse that you pulled from his epistle. If you consult Webster's dictionary, you will find that the word means to be in an imperfect state, a state that is not in the right order aka unrighteous.
Amiss

1. : not being in accordance with the right order. : faulty, imperfect.
What James was saying in that verse is that the reason you do not receive from God is that you are asking in an unrighteous state—a state that is not in accordance with God's mandate of righteousness. So, clearly, you cannot benefit anything from remaining in an unrighteous state as far as God is concerned. That is what God said, and James reiterated it in that verse there. undecided
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Kobojunkie: 11:23pm On May 08, 2023
Donspicey:
Who is the Woman??
Who is the Child?
And what later happened to the Child?
1. The woman is Israel, you know this by the two wings which she fled to the wilderness with — Nation of Israel and Nation of Judah. The child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron, and was caught up unto God, and to his throne, is none other than Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by ichuka(m): 12:06am On May 09, 2023
The Woman is the church and the man child is the overcomes
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Kobojunkie: 12:08am On May 09, 2023
ichuka:
The Woman is the church and the man child is the overcomes
What church? Why would the church give birth to a child? undecided
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by ichuka(m): 10:50pm On May 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What church? Why would the church give birth to a child? undecided
Sorry dude, since you aren't a Christian u can't comprehend it simple.
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Kobojunkie: 10:54pm On May 09, 2023
ichuka:
■ Sorry dude, since you aren't a Christian u can't comprehend it simple.
Jesus Christ said those who are given to understanding the secrets of the Kingdom are those who use the understanding they have ---- those who use the understanding they have are given more understanding by the Father while those who do not use the understanding they have been given will have even the little they has taken from them. I guess you don't believe that at all since you think understanding belongs instead to those who are of your religion. undecided
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by ichuka(m): 2:49pm On May 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ said those who are given to understanding the secrets of the Kingdom are those who use the understanding they have ---- those who use the understanding they have are given more understanding by the Father while those who do not use the understanding they have been given will have even the little they has taken from them. I guess you don't believe that at all since you think understanding belongs instead to those who are of your religion. undecided
Guy wetin you dey write self?
If you are not born again The bible is a close book to you
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Kobojunkie: 2:58pm On May 10, 2023
q
ichuka:

Guy wetin you dey write self?
If you are not born again The bible is a close book to you
Where in scripture is this claim of yours from? undecided

Where is it written that one must first be born-again before one can comprehend anything written in Scripture? undecided
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by ichuka(m): 10:28am On May 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
q Where in scripture is this claim of yours from? undecided

Where is it written that one must first be born-again before one can comprehend anything written in Scripture? undecided
Dude rest
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Kobojunkie: 10:34am On May 11, 2023
ichuka:

Dude rest
Where in scripture are these claims of yours found? undecided

Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On May 13, 2023
Donspicey:
■ pls wat are the Difference btw The Israelites,Gentiles and Jews?
And where do we(Nigerian)Christians belong to?

Jew is a term used to reference the subset of Israel born of either of the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, or some of the Levi clans.
■ Another term of equal importance is the term Samaritan. Samaritans were descendants of the tribes of Manasseh and Ephraim, sons of Joseph, hence Israelites as well.
■ The others, also Israelites — those from the other 6 tribes of Israel —, had, at the time of Jesus Christ, been cursed and scattered by God to the four winds meaning they were living and breeding among the Gentiles hence they were, and still are considered Gentiles by their Jewish brethren.
■ Now then we come to those who were referred to by Jesus Christ in His gospel as dogs. The dogs are non-Israelites meaning they are not descendants of Jacob, and according to Jesus Christ, God's Law, they were excluded from God's plan and agreement.

So, for example, during the sermon on the mount when Jesus Christ warned His followers not to give that which is holy to the dogs in Matthew 7 vs 6, Jesus Christ in fact meant that they were not to offer salvation by the Gospel to the non-Israelites.(Pigs in that same verse were used in reference to the thieves who come to steal, kill and destroy God's sheep and flock — the false teachers and false prophets who acquire in order to build their kingdoms here on earth.) In Matthew 15 vs 24, Jesus Christ reaffirmed His teaching to His followers which is that the New agreement was made by God only with those who are lost of Israel, a fact that affirms the Word of God as given through His Law of Moses and the prophets. Of the sheep who go on to believe, and enter into His Kingdom, Jesus Christ classified some as goats and others as sheep in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46goats are enemies of God while sheep are friends of God - John 15 vs 14. undecided
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Sand2022: 10:00pm On May 13, 2023
Ihedinobi3:

I don't know any part of the Bible that teaches anything about a rapture. Of course, the Latin translation of 1 Thessalonians 4:17 uses the word from which "rapture" is derived to translate the Greek for "caught up," but that does not really mean that there will be any stealing away of human beings from the earth by the Lord. It only means that at the Resurrection, all the saints will assemble in the air with the Lord before He begins His vengeance on the armies destroying Israel at the time of His Return.

Everything I have ever read in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation speaks to the fact that the Lord Jesus will return at the end of the seven-year Tribulation (the second 3.5-year half of which is called the Great Tribulation) to resurrect the Church. That is what I believe and teach.

It is at that Return and after He has resurrected all believers, that is, given them new glorious and eternal material bodies to live in with Him forever that He will enter into battle against the Antichrist and all the armies of the earth that will be at Jerusalem at that time (Matthew 24:29-31; Zechariah 13:7-14:21, cf. Ezekiel 5:1-4).

Eschatology is a very large subject. In fact, it uses and requires a solid understanding of all the teachings of the Bible, so getting into it can be pretty challenging for both of us, not to mention the various erroneous and emotionally charged interpretations abroad that would probably continue to require address just to get them out of the way.

Suffice to say that the war between Satan and God that led to the destruction of the first perfect universe and the creation and fall of man will finally enter its last legs in the Tribulation. Since being a believer makes any human being a member of God's Army on earth, it is really ridiculous to think that we will not be here to fight at that time. We will be. After the intense seven-year battle that will result in the apostasy of a full third of the Church and the martyrdom of another third, the Lord Jesus will return to resurrect all those who believed from Adam and Eve until the last one to believe just before His Return. Then He will destroy the Antichrist, his armies, and all those who took the mark of the Beast.

There will be very few human beings left alive (compared to the billions living now) after the war of Armageddon (an inspired puzzle that refers to Jerusalem).

The Lord Jesus will then renew the earth. For example, the Dead Sea will be made fresh again. The mountain on which Jerusalem stands will be elevated to be the highest mountain on earth. Deserts will become lush forests. Animals will cease to be wild and dangerous. Even natural carnivores like lions will feed on plants. The very seasons will change, reverting to the time before the Flood when there was no cold winter or hot summer. There will be no more weapons and standing armies on earth. Nations and languages will continue to exist, of course, but now they will operate in a more harmonious and more peaceful manner. All disputes between nations will be settled by the Lord Jesus Himself.

It will be the most prosperous, most beautiful time that humans have ever had on earth, not counting the Garden of Eden before Adam and Eve sinned. The spiritual kingdom ruling over the world at that time will be the Kingdom of Heaven headed by Jesus Christ and administered in varying degrees and various capacities by the resurrected saints of the ages before that time. That is, after the Church has been resurrected and, as one of the seven Thunder Judgments (Revelation 10:3-4; not the right medium here to explicate these judgments) to be administered, they have been evaluated according to their works of faith, each one will be given their position in Jesus's worldwide government in the Millennium with some earning a much higher rank than others.

It is the saints then who will rule over the earth with the Lord Jesus, not Satan and his demons anymore.

There will still be unbelievers in those thousand years, and some of them will break the law, but the punishment for disobedience will be so severe (death, in fact) that very few indeed will dare to test the Lord Jesus like that. If a nation refuses to send delegates to the annual assemblies at Jerusalem, for example, they will suffer droughts until they repent (Zechariah 14:16-19). Suffice to say that it will be as perfect a world as it can get with human beings who still have a sinful nature living in it. There will be very few deaths too (Isaiah 65:20). Many of those who start the Millennium will actually live through it, just as it once was before the Flood, only better.

At the end of this time, Satan will be released from the Abyss to test humanity again. In short order, he will foment a rebellion against the perfect government of Jesus Christ. That will result in the destruction of this universe. Then there will be a final Judgment of Millennial believers and then of all unbelievers from Cain until the last unbeliever to die.

After that Judgment, the Lord Jesus will create a new Universe to which the Father will return to live with all believers and elect angels forever. All unbelievers along with Satan and his fellow rebel angels, on the other hand, will be thrown into the Lake of Fire to suffer there eternally.

In short, yes, it is after the Great Tribulation that the Lord Jesus will return to rule over the whole world. But, no, there is no such thing as a rapture.

Spot on.
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On May 13, 2023
Sand2022:
Everything I have ever read in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation speaks to the fact that the Lord Jesus will return at the end of the seven-year Tribulation (the second 3.5-year half of which is called the Great Tribulation) to resurrect the Church. That is what I believe and teach. It is at that Return and after He has resurrected all believers, that is, given them new glorious and eternal material bodies to live in with Him forever that He will enter into battle against the Antichrist and all the armies of the earth that will be at Jerusalem at that time (Matthew 24:29-31; Zechariah 13:7-14:21, cf. Ezekiel 5:1-4). Eschatology is a very large subject. In fact, it uses and requires a solid understanding of all the teachings of the Bible, so getting into it can be pretty challenging for both of us, not to mention the various erroneous and emotionally charged interpretations abroad that would probably continue to require address just to get them out of the way.
But what he said from the beginning is wrong so how can he be spot on? For one Jesus Christ never said He would return after some supposed seven years of tribulation. undecided
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. by Sand2022: 10:58pm On May 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
But what he said from the beginning is wrong so how can he be spot on? For one Jesus Christ never said He would return after some supposed seven years of tribulation. undecided

I don't agree with that part. But some scholars hold to that opinion. I haven't research it myself. Thanks for pointing it out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ThIS IS GOD'S PLAN FOR THOSE WHO GENUINELY LOOK UP TO HIM TO SAFE THEM / Redeem - Covenant Partners / If You Are Sick Or Poor. The Lord Did That To You Because Of Your Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.