Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,037 members, 7,828,633 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies (51329 Views)

How To Buy Bitcoin & Other Cryptocurrencies With Luno: The Complete Guide / Godwin Emefiele: 13 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About CBN Governor / Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Agbebakun22: 4:19pm On Feb 06, 2021
Nwatachoba1:
Well well well

What do we have here??

Open account for Ghana, transfer BTC there, transfer from ghana to ur Nigerian account

Now no one knows wassup

How do I do this boss and besides dem go required for some documents nah
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Dharniel600(m): 4:20pm On Feb 06, 2021
Instead of Govt to be banning sport betting like Bet9ja and others, they are banning Cryptocurrency that's making lots of youth smiling to the bank. This govt na just bad belle govt

2 Likes

Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Btruth: 4:21pm On Feb 06, 2021
datola:

4 . Cryptocurrency has been banned in Nigeria, China, Bolivia, Nepal , Bangladesh, Ecuador, Morocco and Iran.

The bolded speaks volume.

especially China.
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by philipobiz: 4:24pm On Feb 06, 2021
beardedboy:

Imagine this!
Meaning that the guys behind btc are mining people's wealth steady.

Personally, I think Nigeria has done well to ban btc. A country battling with cybercrime and embezzlement should stay far away from a cryptic system that makes it difficult to track the owners of wealth.

These jargons are the main reason why I dislike the stuff.

Many people doing bitcoin trading sef don't know how it works. They only follow the crowd.

What a lame excuse. More crime embezzlement have been done through fiat currency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Bamz(m): 4:25pm On Feb 06, 2021
lazinny:
You loose access to your Crypto when you loose the private key not address. #correction

Lol the article was written by a pleb and most if the commenters here are noobs.

3 Likes

Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by southpole: 4:45pm On Feb 06, 2021
beardedboy:

Imagine this!
Meaning that the guys behind btc are mining people's wealth steady.

Personally, I think Nigeria has done well to ban btc. A country battling with cybercrime and embezzlement should stay far away from a cryptic system that makes it difficult to track the owners of wealth.

These jargons are the main reason why I dislike the stuff.

Many people doing bitcoin trading sef don't know how it works. They only follow the crowd.
Learn how to read and understand the news, Nigeria did not ban bitcoin it only banned banks from carrying out transactions that has to do with bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. No one can ban cryptocurrencies, there are 1000 and 1 other ways to transact with cryptocurrencies without using banks and by the way Defi ( Decentralized finance) is already putting banks out of business., countries that knows this fact regulate the sector not out rightly banning banks from crypto transactions. You will be surprised if you know the millions of dollar worth of bitcoins that changed hands today in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Chirowman(m): 4:48pm On Feb 06, 2021
Wahala ooo
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by ReeLoaDead(m): 5:02pm On Feb 06, 2021
OneKinGuy:
Noticed how poor countries are the once banning Bitcoin?
China is not poor oh cheesy
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Tcwork: 5:08pm On Feb 06, 2021
Officialhorlah:

https://punchng.com/five-things-you-didnt-know-about-bitcoin-other-cryptocurrencies/
The Chinese government is the first to create a national crptocurrency
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Johnnyessence(m): 5:08pm On Feb 06, 2021
SavageMaster:
Instead of trading bitcoin, why not buy and hold it for some years.
you are talking about stocking here. It's good and better to store bitcoins and ethereum too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by fuckaholic25(f): 5:10pm On Feb 06, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Can i buy with 50cent?

[img]https://media./images/b6a3e85e0e421c36e124fbbc5f1dde6c/tenor.gif[/img]
u know how much 50 cent be for naira?

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by insabarnur(m): 5:13pm On Feb 06, 2021
There's a program that came in through the back door and traded billions of naira and started making people millionaires, unfortunately, the back didn't made their usual commission in such cash volume and nigeriane were advise to hold their money in crypto to avoid fiat currency taxes, your Oga bank learned of it and step up immediately coz if not before end of this 21, banks would not longer have funds to run it administration.

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by femijay8271(m): 5:18pm On Feb 06, 2021
kellybently:

They won't function again with Nigeria bank acc. But u can still fund your account using other E-currencies as mode of payment

hello bro, pls how can I withdraw my money in my luno wallet?
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 06, 2021
Koulture:

Y'all shouting open accounts for ghana,you think it's easy to open a ghanaian bank account? Go and check out the requirements.

Well well well

What do I have here??

Bro,it's not hard if you are withdrawing large sums...

Now the only much difficult thing there is resident permit..

If you have someone in Ghana, it's easy..the person helps out with the opening, u get the details, do the transfer and all,give the person who opened the account some cash.... I get person for turkey,Italy etc,which I can easily transfer to them and they in turn send my cash...simple,or u can use BTC to purchase things outside nigeria and it would get to you.... think ahead
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Emmani360(m): 5:21pm On Feb 06, 2021
4 . Cryptocurrency has been banned in Nigeria, China, Bolivia, Nepal , Bangladesh, Ecuador, Morocco and Iran.

In July 2019, Iran became one of the first countries to recognize and license cryptocurrency mining as a legitimate industry. All cryptocurrency miners had to register with authorities by August 2020

Iran needs cryptocurrency to evade US sanctions. The last time there was a major news on cryptocurrency out of iran was last month and the news was that the presence of numerous unregistered cryptocurrency mining centers was putting a lot of strain on the country's electricity grid and causing frequent blackout in Tehran and the surrounding cities so the government was forced to shut down a lot of those crypto mining centers, 1,620 mining centers.
Whatever ban iran put on cryptocurrency in 2018 was quickly eroded away by necessity
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by sade38436: 5:22pm On Feb 06, 2021
Instead of Govt to be banning sport betting like Bet9ja and others, they are banning Cryptocurrency that's making lots of youth smiling to the bank. This govt na just bad belle govt
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by calcal: 5:22pm On Feb 06, 2021
datola:

The bolded speaks volume.

The above are not stable countries or oppressing their own people so they believe with crypto money their country will fail or dissolve.

A lot of Nigerians are dealing with crypto outside Nigeria, we have developers, investors, and funders in crypto, some of them are here in NL also. financially they may be able to overthrow the government if necessary logistic in place.
The money made from crypto is just like free money, buy it, keep it for a long time, at some you don't need to work again in your life. just don't forget to come to NL

2 Likes

Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Dorlarphor10: 5:24pm On Feb 06, 2021
SavageMaster:
Instead of trading bitcoin, why not buy and hold it for some years.

Well that's good

But not everyone that have that tendency to wait for long. They have to survive first

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by eagleonearth(m): 5:25pm On Feb 06, 2021
kellybently:

Luno response to wallet toup
choi red card. Na to carry my BTC go binance be that
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by jedisco(m): 5:25pm On Feb 06, 2021
Springboot:

Yes because it will have more negative effect on their economy than the large ones, meanwhile bitcoin is illegal in the UK so stop the ignorance.

Which UK are you talking of?

There's a clear government guidance on crypt0 tax in the uk available on the government's website. The government will not be asking you to pay tax on something illegal.

Some licensed UK banks allow customers to buy crypt0 assets on their app. E.g Revolut...

So I ask again, which UK are you talking about?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by jedisco(m): 5:27pm On Feb 06, 2021
mrfreestuff:

And prior to the CBN circular,Nigeria was No. 2 in the world in P2P Bitcoin volume . By that time, the economic sabotage of Nigeria by the sheer volume in this crypto has forced us to devalue our local currency naira twice in 1 year as they mopped up naira to buy USD and then exported them out of the country to a foreign country. Our inflation had increased astronomically too especially on imported goods and services because importers pay more to get USD as they got crowded out by crypto merchants.

Other import dependent countries should learn from our bad and horrible experience with these crypto instruments. They should regulate it and insist that only USD inflows must be used for trading them so they will not kill their local economy and currency.

You have no idea what p2p means...
90% of money traded on p2p is still local.
I'd even say that more money has come into Nigeria via crypt0 than has left
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 06, 2021
Racoon:
The irresponsible and suppressive government block forex and now block cryptocurrency.In so much that there are a security concerns as regards illicit cash inflow that need to be regulated, there is already a generalised state of insecurity nationwide & globally.

Block forex?
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by jedisco(m): 5:30pm On Feb 06, 2021
For those mentioning China, hope you know that 70% of bitc0in is mined in China
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by kellybently(m): 5:34pm On Feb 06, 2021
femijay8271:

hello bro, pls how can I withdraw my money in my luno wallet?

The only option you have is to sell it to somebody and collect your cash by hand.
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by harmony75: 5:34pm On Feb 06, 2021
thus government keeps frustrating Nigerians naw just look at why when you can't create anything positive in this administration!?!
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Tonybraton(m): 5:39pm On Feb 06, 2021
I can't find it how to stop losing bet..you can whatapp me 07038342987..much appreciate
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by Dorlarphor10: 5:43pm On Feb 06, 2021
Do you know with the new CBN policy, you will not be able to deposit Naira to exchange for crypto again but the good news is that we have PayPal. You can now receive and send money through your PayPal account. DM me and let me guide you on how to achieve that. This is legit, no need of VPN, no fear of blockage of account.
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by femijay8271(m): 5:52pm On Feb 06, 2021
kellybently:

The only option you have is to sell it to somebody and collect your cash by hand.

ha! u mean I can't withdraw to my local account after withdrawing it to my luno wallet?
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by kellybently(m): 5:54pm On Feb 06, 2021
femijay8271:

ha! u mean I can't withdraw to my local account after withdrawing it to my luno wallet?

Not possible
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies by femijay8271(m): 5:56pm On Feb 06, 2021
kellybently:

Not possible
which kind wahala be dis enh?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Business Name Registration In Nigeria / Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) / Aurthur Eze Dances To His Favourite Song At His Mansion. Photos/vide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.