Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,132 members, 7,863,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:23 AM

Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys (27968 Views)

President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs / Photo Of Buratai Holding A Huge Python After His Visit To His Snake Farm / Atiku Abubakar In Senate Over Modibbo Adama University Of Technology Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by samonak(m): 4:26pm On Feb 07, 2021
Left for the "rubber stamp" Senate President - Ahmad Lawan, he'll give them instant approval without delay. Let's see if the PDP senators would not capitulate ( especially when brown envelopes have been passed round) #Yeyedesmell.
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by chukwuibuipob: 4:28pm On Feb 07, 2021
Useless showdown.Nah biz as usual
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 07, 2021
I just love Bashiru's response. We have better things to bicker about abeg if they get nominated then any member against it can make their position known. Shikena not all this wailing.
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by Dollanaira: 4:30pm On Feb 07, 2021
Oh
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by Jaqenhghar: 4:30pm On Feb 07, 2021
There will be bo showdown. The yes men will simply approve
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by olisefom: 4:31pm On Feb 07, 2021
No showdown anywhere. Everything goes.
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by Willzkid(m): 4:32pm On Feb 07, 2021
Pelagia2:
Please can someone help me with link to study with scholarship in the USA.
What did you study?
Some schools can give you an assistantship if you have a high GRE score and a good CGPA.
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by gulfer: 4:33pm On Feb 07, 2021
Only in Nigeria do you get F9 parallel in an assignment and you're given a juicy position as reward angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by OJURONGBE1(m): 4:33pm On Feb 07, 2021
Proflere:
And why is ICC wasting time in arresting the criminals too? Is it until oga Buhari cover them up with his wings?

ICC is toothless!
What is Nicholas Maduro of Venezuela & Uganda president Museveni still doing gallivanting around ?

1 Like

Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by excel101(m): 4:36pm On Feb 07, 2021
To them he deserved the appointment for a job welldone
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by Omoslim26: 4:36pm On Feb 07, 2021
People wey get high records for underperformance you no even let them rest for 1month you carry appointments give them

watin we go come call that one now

Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 07, 2021
aguiyi2:
Money will simply change hands.
Blood money
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by gurunlocker: 4:38pm On Feb 07, 2021
Does it even make sense to make these guys ambassador? Is it to give them immunity or what?
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by onuman: 4:39pm On Feb 07, 2021
etokhana:
• Presidency slams PDP over ex-service chiefs, says party doing Boko Haram's work

https://thenationonlineng.net/showdown-looms-in-senate-over-appointment-of-buratai-others-as-envoys/

PMB blind supporters control the NASS.

What showdown do you expect? Money buys a lot in the Senate.

All of una watched as PMB and BAT sidelined Saraki and Ekweremadu who checkmated PMB last Senate.

PMB can do and undo in Nigeria - the International Community sees what he does as a normal democratic process.

PMB believes that he is the Othman Danfodio of the 21st Century for his Arewa.

Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 07, 2021
Na their own wahala be dat. If they like they shutdown d whole Aso rock e no concern me
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by 9japride(m): 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2021
robosky02:
Why not allow them go back to their village were they have technically defeated book haram and stay their for a while
[color=#006600][/color]

grin tongue you are not a nice person grin. So you don't won't them to enjoy the spoils of war?
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by SonofLothbrok: 4:43pm On Feb 07, 2021
You will never know the ambition of these hopeless idiots. Don't expect any meaningful action from them.
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by robosky02(m): 4:44pm On Feb 07, 2021
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

grin tongue you are not a nice person grin. So you don't won't them to enjoy the spoils of war?

They have defeated boko haram technically so what is there to be afraid of?

1 Like

Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 07, 2021
etokhana:
• Presidency slams PDP over ex-service chiefs, says party doing Boko Haram's work

https://thenationonlineng.net/showdown-looms-in-senate-over-appointment-of-buratai-others-as-envoys/

When the useless service chiefs were summoned by the senate they refused to go

The senators should summon them now, since they have become private citizens seeking favour from the senate as it were. Let's see.if they would show up tongue
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by Eriokanmi: 4:46pm On Feb 07, 2021
It would put a dent on their already dented image, should the image-dented and rubber stamp senate approve their appointment. We're watching in 8D
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by 9japride(m): 4:46pm On Feb 07, 2021
robosky02:

They have defeated boko haram technically so what is there to be afraid of?
[color=#006600][/color]

The matter weak me. Its better they go to their various communities and enjoy life there, while the ones from southern parts of Nigeria should go into farming. They shouldn't run away grin
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by 9japride(m): 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2021
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by freemanq(m): 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2021
I think something is not right
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by Harrynight(m): 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2021
cry

Asslicking senate that will never have reason to disqualify any appointment by the presidency
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by Harrynight(m): 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2021
cry

Asslicking senate that will never have reason to disqualify any appointment by the presidency
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by mkoabiola: 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2021
Lawan is a stooge..

He will jus look away and confirm them.

He is d worst senate president since 1999
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by ListoFabrics: 4:51pm On Feb 07, 2021
Summary please let me have time to arrange for Valentine's discount sales of 3% off on every product bought
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by younglleo: 4:51pm On Feb 07, 2021
Pls nairalanders, am considering taking extreme measure bout some guys who scammed me off my last card, am totally broke nd needed dat money for emergency in the sense that tomoro my job hunt continues, the scammed me and believed the have gotten away with this. The truth is, with the way life has been treating me lately, am considering killing them as the only option, (not with my hands tho,but traditionally) this is really pissing me off, i jst met them on Nairaland!
They shud give me my money, cus ive got nothing to lose here, b4 Tomoro people will start talking one thing or the other, i need that money today.
Am not a killer, but i will go to the extreme, u can't rob a broke man off his last card, u don't knw what it feels like! cry cry cry
am honest nd serious here
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by Bimpe29: 4:54pm On Feb 07, 2021
Showdown for where nah? That shall not happen in a rubber stamp assembly. They (9th Assembly Members) do the biddings of the executive.
Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by oluwasegun007(m): 4:55pm On Feb 07, 2021
Sack them for non performing

Then reward them for the non performance...

What a kontry.

Na who we offend undecided

1 Like

Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by chrisxxx(m): 4:56pm On Feb 07, 2021
Nigerian journalists with long-drawn passages. You can hardly finish their write up except you are a career reader or a passage that is part of a recruitment exercise.

1 Like

Re: Showdown Looms In Senate Over Appointment Of Buratai, Others As Envoys by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:58pm On Feb 07, 2021
limeta:

On the call by Senate that the nominees be sacked for non-performance while they were Service Chiefs, Basiru said: “We said they should be sacked as Service Chiefs. We did not say that they are not qualified for other purposes.

There you go
Your representative
Your senate
Your country

I tell you o!

People that failed woefully at the job they trained for with decades of experience are expected to do better in the area where they know nothing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Husband Must Complete His Two Terms – Mrs. Jonathan / 21 Aspirants Jostle For Kogi Governorship APC Ticket [see Full List Inside] / Sagay To Senate: You Are The Real Enemy Of Democracy, Not IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.