Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

How Do I Make It Work? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Make It Work? (834 Views)

Nigerians And African Americans Dating-- Can It Work? / Reasons Why Ladies Make It Difficult To Get Under Their Pants In Relationships / Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Make It Work? by freecocoa(f): 6:32pm On Apr 06, 2011
I decided to give someone a chance after being alone for 2 years plus,the thing is i'm not in love with him {i think i will be with time}but he makes me laugh and he tries to make me happy at all times and i think am being myself,if i had my chance i"ll be with only one person in this world but since that can't be am moving on cos i wanna get married someday, i'm scared cos i don't want to be in a relationship out of pity,i know you'll say why did i go into it?he is the only one i like out of all others who have been trying,he said to me yesterday"baby you don;t love me right?God knows i love you with all that i am,how else will i prove this to you?"i couldn't say
anything and he left almost crying.please i need tips on how to make this work out cos i don't know what he'll do next.
P.S the relationship is almost 3 months old.
Re: How Do I Make It Work? by Odunnu: 6:34pm On Apr 06, 2011
Errmm Ms,when did you stop pushing that wall? (no offience)
Re: How Do I Make It Work? by freecocoa(f): 6:38pm On Apr 06, 2011
okay odunnu you didn't tell me you are the new mrs cork in town.well noted.
Re: How Do I Make It Work? by 25omega(m): 6:42pm On Apr 06, 2011
well you shouldn't love a person you just started a relationship with anyway. Just tell him that saying "i love you" is harder for you because your heart has to be sure that is exactly what you are feeling. Let him know that you care deeply for him and he just has to be patient with your heart to catch up to where his heart already is.
Re: How Do I Make It Work? by kokoye(m): 6:45pm On Apr 06, 2011
Follow your heart.

Life and love are full of ups and downs but dont start a relationship expecting it to fail.
Re: How Do I Make It Work? by desholah(m): 6:49pm On Apr 06, 2011
OP ''freecassava''

The only thing i have to tell yah . . .Is to open your heart widely and accept him the guy into your world,I know you have been trying to do so but that's the only key to where you want to be.

When alone, always try and recall his kindness,carring,supporting and other good stuffs about him . .It helps . wink
Re: How Do I Make It Work? by freecocoa(f): 6:53pm On Apr 06, 2011
desholah:

OP ''freecassava''

The only thing i have to tell yah . . .Is to open your heart widely and accept him the guy into your world,I know you have been trying to do so but that's the only key to where you want to be.

When alone, always try and recall his kindness,carring,supporting and other good stuffs about him . .It helps . wink
Come oh,are you D-senseless my pal?cos if you are then your sense don increase small but if you are not, thanks for the advice am sure it will help.
Re: How Do I Make It Work? by desholah(m): 6:54pm On Apr 06, 2011
I don't know the D-sensless oooo  . . .  . . undecided
Is he here too?
Hope i can be your pal too wink
Re: How Do I Make It Work? by francisj(m): 6:55pm On Apr 06, 2011
freecocoa:

I decided to give someone a chance after being alone for 2 years plus,the thing is i'm not in love with him {i think i will be with time}but he makes me laugh and he tries to make me happy at all times and i think am being myself,if i had my chance i"ll be with only one person in this world but since that can't be am moving on cos i wanna get married someday, i'm scared cos i don't want to be in a relationship out of pity,i know you'll say why did i go into it?he is the only one i like out of all others who have been trying,he said to me yesterday"baby you don;t love me right?God knows i love you with all that i am,how else will i prove this to you?"i couldn't say
anything and he left almost crying
.please i need tips on how to make this work out cos i don't know what he'll do next.
P.S the relationship is almost 3 months old.
have you given him puna-ny yet ?
perhaps u should  try given him that and see if your feeling toward him will changed
some pple start developing feelings from there
Re: How Do I Make It Work? by freecocoa(f): 7:02pm On Apr 06, 2011
no punany yet and he's not even trying to get it plus i have to be in love to consider that.
Re: How Do I Make It Work? by LordReed(m): 7:07pm On Apr 06, 2011
Opening our defences for love to gain access can be difficult especially when theres pain n heartbreak from a previous relationship.

But girl if you ever want to be happy its what you must do. Not just because the other makes you happy but cos you must free your heart of the shackles of pain and the past.

Embrace something new, its the only way forward.
Re: How Do I Make It Work? by freecocoa(f): 7:10pm On Apr 06, 2011
desholah:

I don't know the D-sensless oooo  . . .  . . undecided
Is he here too?
Hope i can be your pal too wink
you sure you ain't him? am seriously suspecting you o cos he alone has the license to call me freecassava,anyway if i can condone him then you wouldn't be a problem.
Re: How Do I Make It Work? by desholah(m): 7:18pm On Apr 06, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin . . .Fell off the Balcony ROTFLAMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin

Welldone Freecassava grin grin grin grin grin grin **Runs outa the thread before she gets to me** grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Make It Work? by francisj(m): 7:23pm On Apr 06, 2011
Lord_Reed:

Opening our defences for love to gain access can be difficult especially when theres pain n heartbreak from a previous relationship.

But girl if you ever want to be happy its what you must do. Not just because the other makes you happy but cos you must free your heart of the shackles of pain and the past.

Embrace something new, its the only way forward.

correct talk smiley smiley
you gat to try dat and i can bet ya if your feeling towords him doesnt change then it will never change agian.
then u could directly tell him you dont LOVE him cos u have no feelings 4 him,
nothing wrong with dat
Re: How Do I Make It Work? by LordReed(m): 7:27pm On Apr 06, 2011
@francisj
Thanks for the balance wink
Re: How Do I Make It Work? by freecocoa(f): 7:41pm On Apr 06, 2011
desholah:

grin grin grin grin grin . . .Fell off the Balcony ROTFLAMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin

Welldone Freecassava grin grin grin grin grin grin **Runs outa the thread before she gets to me** grin grin grin grin

Come back here you know you can't fool me,i missed you o,what happened to the orther handle,lady lice ban you?
Re: How Do I Make It Work? by Thirst4Lif: 8:26pm On Apr 06, 2011
Let him know that you care deeply for him and he just has to be patient with your heart to catch up to where his heart already is.

Excellent advice.
Re: How Do I Make It Work? by livedit(f): 8:48pm On Apr 06, 2011
I'm assuming you've only "dated" this person for 3 months. And he is already claiming to be in love with you already? First things first, this relationship is still considered "new" so right now, you two really don't know each other like that to be labeling so soon. Heartbreak is never easy for anyone. But as someone earlier pointed out, but it's all apart of life and growing up. Only way to avoid it almost completely is to not be in a relationship at all. And from reading your post, it don't sound like you want to stay single for the rest of your life.

I say just go with the flow. I don't think you have NOTHING to feel bad about because you didn't "lie" and tell this guy in return that you loved him too. I have to give you your props for keeping it real. You can just let him know that you care for him and enjoy the time you and him spend together but you want to take things slow to get to know each other better. If he "loves" you like he says he does, then I think he would understand and respect you for keeping it real with him and wanting to take your time to get to know him first before jumping head first into something that could be disastrous down the road. If he gets mad, upset and/or leaves, then you better off without him.

Finding a lifelong mate takes time and patience. It takes knowing who God is, who then in return will show you who you are so that you will be able to be that lifelong supportive and loving help mate you want to be. Don't let society, family, friends or whomever rush you into something as important as your LIFE to get married and settle down with anybody. You just pray and seek God and ask him to help you. If you know things just aren't quite right within you that you want right, just ask him to show you and to help you with that. All God want is the best for you and that is what you should want for yourself. God is a gentleman, and you want a man of God that will echo that wonderful trait.

I know time is ticking regardless and you don't want life to past you by, but choosing just anyone isn't the way nor the answer. Stay true to yourself and to other people and before you know it, Mr. Right will be right there in front of you. Don't lose faith.
Re: How Do I Make It Work? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 06, 2011
In plain english:" babe I think you are a great guy, I care for you and enjoy being with you but my heart isn't there "yet". I wish I could tell you that with time it would be different but, the sad fact is that, I AM NOT SURE ABOUT IT EVER BEING THERE.

I have to be honest with you instead of promising you something that may never come between us. I can't force chemistry and, even if I knew what it was exactly that you could do, I wouldn't tell you because you wouldn't be yourself any longer.

I am sorry if my words may hurt your feelings and you decide to not waste your time any longer with me, at least you would do it for the right reason."
Re: How Do I Make It Work? by TruMantra(m): 8:54pm On Apr 06, 2011
Cocoa, dial my number, I can give you some "free" consultation abiut this delicate matter! wink

(1) (Reply)

Who Is A Player? / Do Your Best For Her For Love / Rich Men In America. .kobe Byant The New Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.