Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,048 members, 7,849,237 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:57 PM

Critics Dispute Buratai’s Self-proclaimed Achievements - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Critics Dispute Buratai’s Self-proclaimed Achievements (142 Views)

I Want To Rule In A Solomonic Way. Judge Gilbert Proclaimed On BAT Certificate. / "Wahala" As Self-proclaimed Biafran General Declares The Sovereignty Of Biafra / The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Critics Dispute Buratai’s Self-proclaimed Achievements by Shehuyinka: 11:35am On Feb 09, 2021
CRITICS have disputed Tukur Buratai’s self-professed achievements, saying that heightened insecurity in the northern part of Nigeria and human rights abuses under his watch could not have been regarded as accomplishments.

Last week, President Muhammadu Buhari forwarded the name of Buratai, immediate past chief of army staff, together with others, for confirmation as non-career ambassadors.

The presidency had described their appointments as reward for hard work.

While speaking with reporters in Abuja over the weekend at a gala party organised in his favour by members of the 29th Regular Course Association of the Nigerian Defence Academy, Buratai, whose years of service were dotted with increased insecurity in the North-West, described his retirement as an honourable thing.

“It’s an honourable retirement and also an honourable appointment. I’m not a politician, so I have no word for the opposition. I have done well,” said Buratai, while reacting to the People’s Democratic Party (PDP)’s criticism of his appointment.

He said there was a ‘compendium’ of his achievements documented at the Nigerian Defence Headquarters to speak for his stewardship.

“I am happy that in July last year, my officers at the Army headquarters compiled a compendium of my achievements.

“In fact, I can’t even remember all the projects that we have executed. Is it in terms of infrastructure? Is it in terms of capacity building? Is it in terms of training?

“Since I was appointed, there was never a dull moment in terms of training. Remember the various exercises. These are training exercises from ‘Python Dance,’ ‘Crocodile Smile’ and even the latest one ‘Exercise Sahel Sanity.’

“Is it in the area of medical? In terms of education of our children and wards, the Nigerian Army University are all great achievements.” He said that books could be written about his achievements.

Critics Disagree

In its report last December, the Amnesty International (AI) had accused and indicted Buratai-led army of committing war crimes against older people in his war against Boko Haram in the North-East.

The 67-page report tilted, ‘My heart is in pain’: Older People’s Experience of Conflict, Displacement, and Detention in Northeast Nigeria, showed how older people were starved or slaughtered in their homes or left to languish and die in squalid, unlawful military detentions.

READ MORE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/critics-dispute-buratais-self-proclaimed-achievements/

Re: Critics Dispute Buratai’s Self-proclaimed Achievements by Fahdiga(m): 11:41am On Feb 09, 2021
Coward Buratai is the worst chief of army staff in history of mankind

(1) (Reply)

Governor Kayode Fayemi And Wife, Bisi Revalidate Their APC Membership / The Federal Government Has Disclosed Plans To Replace BVN With NIN. / Gov Zulum's Convoy Not Involved In Accident, Says Isa Gusua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.