Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (965155 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by grownaira: 11:59pm On May 15, 2015
Juliana7:
@grownaira, since omejie birds are down,(as a learner1 i thought antibiotic is administered first before d anti cocci. And pls sir what is d work of d SULFUR? Thanks

You are right ma. However, Omejie 's birds are at a critical state. Waiting to give antibiotic before administering drug for the treatment of coccidia might not be a good idea.

That's why I also recommended any drug that contains sulpha. Sulpha meds are antibiotics and also doubles as anti-coccidia.

Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by olusolatriumph: 12:24am On May 16, 2015
@fnk I'm interested in the doc sir. Pls sir, send to my mail box olusolatriumphantpfli31@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 5:27am On May 16, 2015
Great weekend to u all and be Blessed @ Eggxel, Welcome to our world. Great farmers: Great Nation
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eggxel: 6:16am On May 16, 2015
@davidzfarm, thank u sir.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by valarinz: 6:56am On May 16, 2015
omejeo:
pls oga grownaira my 4wks broiler their stool is blood what wil do to them thanks. they dont eat and they are week

clear case of coccidiosis here, treat with pantacox or amprolium or any other good anti-coccidiostat you can find in your area. also include vitamins and Dont forget to change their litter

NB: major likely cause is wet litter, avoid that and make sure your birds are well fed because poorly fed birds are more susceptible. thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omejeo: 12:02pm On May 16, 2015
thanks oga grow naira and other oga in the house i hav started giving them pantacox and change their litters lost 20 hope others can make it
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by grownaira: 1:25pm On May 16, 2015
omejeo:
thanks oga grow naira and other oga in the house i hav started giving them pantacox and change their litters lost 20 hope others can make it

You are welcome boss. Wishing you best of luck with ur birds.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 3:55pm On May 16, 2015
valarinz:

clear case of coccidiosis here, treat with pantacox or amprolium or any other good anti-coccidiostat you can find in your area. also include vitamins and Dont forget to change their litter

NB: major likely cause is wet litter, avoid that and make sure your birds are well fed because poorly fed birds are more susceptible. thanks
Whenever u're using amprolium, don't give vitamins, esp vit B, else drug won't work.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 4:08pm On May 16, 2015
davidzfarm18:
PRAISE GOD.
SAW THE 1ST EGG TODAY @ 17WEEKS 5 DAYS.

Congrat man.That is goodnews
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 4:13pm On May 16, 2015
eggxel:
Good afternoon house (my elders). I stumbled upon this awesome, educative thread a couple weeks back and I have really been inspired by the great nigerian minds here........the likes of jamp, obnelly, oga fnk, davidzfarm, omotiti, Rzq4, steel5800, Farmtech, laposte, AkayTopsy, kelvin96, valarinz, and all........u guys are really changing lives positively; how u have impacted knowledge and provided mentorship to many like me via this thread, is laudable, and highly commendable; such selfless service to humanity.
Having read every single page on the thread upto the 127th, I deemed it necessary to post for the first time and say a big thank you guys. Two weeks ago I knew absolutely nothing about running a poultry farm (even though iv always incubated plans of setting up one). Iv learnt quite alot but I also know the experience on the farm is a different kettle of fish smiley.
I intend setting up in a couple of weeks; I would be finalizing agreements on the land im purchasing for the farm. Its 5 plots (each plot is 100 by 100). As a newbie, I intend to start small with 500 birds at point of lay and grow from there hopefully. I will kip d house updated with my progress viz-a-viz building d coop, acquiring battery cages et al.
More grease to your elbows guys.......more like more eggs to your crates. Cheers.

Welcome to our world . I wish you all the best .

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 4:18pm On May 16, 2015
omejeo:
pls oga grownaira my 4wks broiler their stool is blood what wil do to them thanks. they dont eat and they are week

Get Embazin forte for three days then, give ordinary water for two days and then embazin forte for another three days......Or get Kepcox for two days.
And ensure you adhere to the advise given by farmtech...... ALWAYS KEEP YOUR LITTERS DRY.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 4:21pm On May 16, 2015
omejeo:

SINCE YOU HAVE STARTED WITH PANTACOX, PLACE THEM ON IT FOR LIKE 5-7 DAYS. NO VITAMIN DURING THOSE PERIOD PLEASE.
THEY WILL BOUNCE BACK FULLY.....GOODLUCK

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eggxel: 10:26pm On May 16, 2015
Thanx alot kelvin96
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by vsonic77: 9:57am On May 17, 2015
hello guys, i need to know the price of the various size of eggs
like small
medium
big
and extra large and also not forgetting pullet. thanks awaiting urgent reply as my bird just started laying eggs and these market women are just calling all kind of price i have never heard of before
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adetoyesem: 11:26am On May 17, 2015
morning lovely people in the house.

If you need five month old turkey don't feel hesitate to call, text, whatsapp "MAROOF " on this number

((08053505077))

thanks.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by EZEUDENE(m): 12:49pm On May 17, 2015
please farmers how do I stop k-leg in turkey
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 5:03pm On May 17, 2015
vsonic77. Price differs based on location. For example, farmers in Ibadan get everything - from drugs to feeds - at a cheaper & can afford to sell at a lower price to what their counterparts in Abuja, for instance, will sell. So, to start with, where are you located? And how much are farmers in the same location selling their eggs?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 17, 2015
EZEUDENE:
please farmers how do I stop k-leg in turkey

I couldn't help but laugh. So turkey dey get kleg? It shld be a calcium deficiency in d feed.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 11:23pm On May 17, 2015
mercylicious:

I couldn't help but laugh. So turkey dey get kleg? It shld be a calcium deficiency in d feed.
Pls we need ur attention here: https://www.nairaland.com/1821516/anambra-farmers-lets-meet-here/12#33777730.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by keemzy1(m): 9:33am On May 18, 2015
@fnk and others, kindly send me materials/ddocument that will help be a successful farmer, both for layers and broilers business. My mail is skymoh40@yahoo.com
Cheers
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 2:17pm On May 18, 2015
Great Farmers.
pls is anybody in the house milling for laying birds and getting good production.
Urgent response pls.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AkayTopsy: 2:48pm On May 18, 2015
davidzfarm18:
Great Farmers.
pls is anybody in the house milling for laying birds and getting good production.
Urgent response pls.

Well I do. using Koudjis Layers Concentrate (KLC5). Production wise, my 34wks old birds r currently @ 80-3% production level. what else would you like to know? I thought u Mill as well, any problem?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 4:40pm On May 18, 2015
AkayTopsy:

Well I do. using Koudjis Layers Concentrate (KLC5). Production wise, my 34wks old birds r currently @ 80-3% production level. what else would you like to know? I thought u Mill as well, any problem?
Thanks for ur prompt reply.
Using the Koudjis Concentrate. How much does it cost to produce a bag.
Meanwhile. I need response from pole who buys ingredients to mill.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 5:00pm On May 18, 2015
AkayTopsy:
@agroconsult, farmtech don't be suprised o! I did as u said, took samples of the birds to my Vet, but she also experessed her disappointment that there's no Lab in abj that one can run any serious test. So if we have any intrested VET\INVESTOR they abuja market is an opportunity to tap into.

I think I'll try IMMUCOX on my next batch of birds I belive coccx is a disease that needs to be given as much attention as ND and IB.

My Birds:NO mucus, but they sneeze and as well open ther mouth for breath. Based on the situation report I gave my vEt, she confirmed that Respiratory Disease is pervasive in Zartech birds (it's an hatchery thing) that needs to have been addressed since the birds were day old. Well she recommended another antibiotic. And the birds are now on it.

Thank you all for your concern and advice.
AkayTopsy: I'm having similar issue with my birds (Respiratory) No Lab in abuja. I have tried Conflox, tylodox, Anitilan, Eucament Plus,Ciprovet. Pls what drug solved the problem for you.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 5:05pm On May 18, 2015
davidzfarm18:

AkayTopsy: I'm having similar issue with my birds (Respiratory) No Lab in abuja. I have tried Conflox, tylodox, Anitilan, Eucament Plus,Ciprovet. Pls what drug solved the problem for you.

bro are your birds from zartech too.

i will call you later.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 6:50pm On May 18, 2015
jamp:

bro are your birds from zartech too.

i will call you later.
Nope
the 1st batch: DBESTLINE
2nd : Marks farm.

just can't keep this respiratory issue out of my farm. Reasons I stopped Broilers and after series of disinfection. started layers. yet the problem persist.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by grownaira: 8:34pm On May 18, 2015
davidzfarm18:

Nope
the 1st batch: DBESTLINE
2nd : Marks farm.

just can't keep this respiratory issue out of my farm. Reasons I stopped Broilers and after series of disinfection. started layers. yet the problem persist.

Do you mill your feeds?

If yes, add "E.S.T MIX WSP" to the feeds and see what happens in less than 2weeks.

Alternatively sir, you can try the following steps:

1. Replace dia litr and manage it well

2. Inject the birds with LA (this will increase and boost dia immune system)

3. Treat the crd using the drug mentioned above.

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 8:23am On May 19, 2015
@Grownaira: Thanks a million.
By LA. I believe you mean Laxota.
E S T contains sulphur and pple say it's not good for laying birds.
Opinion welcomed pls
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 8:50am On May 19, 2015
davidzfarm18:
@Grownaira: Thanks a million.
By LA. I believe you mean Laxota.
E S T contains sulphur and pple say it's not good for laying birds.
Opinion welcomed pls

dont use any drug that has sulphur. its like removing the birds womb(lol).

You can send/take some birds to jos for testing.i heard there are some labs there.

i called but you did not pick
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 9:16am On May 19, 2015
davidzfarm18. By L.A., grownairan means Oxytetracycline L.A. It is in a 100ml bottle. jamp et al. I'm also sceptical about any medication containing sulphur
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tabontabon: 10:54am On May 19, 2015
David,try florfenicol based drugs. Also,ensure you treat them regularly for crd. Once you notice 1 or 2birds showing symptoms,treat the whole flock.
davidzfarm18:

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 11:25am On May 19, 2015
Eniyan Laso mi.
A big thank you @ Jamp, Eggcellent, Tabontabon, Grownaira, AkayTopsy and all the wonderful pal who has made this thread the most informative & Educative thread on Nairaland.
Be Blessed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.