Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,171 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (963587 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adetoyesem: 6:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
Need mature torkey both male & female are available for sale.
I am located in ilorin Amoyo town
You can call me by name Maroof
Then u can call, text or whatsapp on did numba 08053505077 or 08020981276
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 6:57pm On Jul 01, 2015
davidzfarm18:

Glad to see that the birds are doing just fine. you need to apply caution increasing the egg size. However. you may consider photo stimulating them for the egg no increase.whatever vitamins u are using for now.don't use more than 80% of the recommended dosages to avoid prolapse.
How often should multivit be given to chickens
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 7:20pm On Jul 01, 2015
FarmTech:

How often should multivit be given to chickens
I give multi vitamins 3-4 days every other week to complement for missing nutrients in the feed because I self mill. I give vitamins for 2days after any medication and b4 and after vaccination.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 7:59pm On Jul 01, 2015
davidzfarm18:

I give multi vitamins 3-4 days every other week to complement for missing nutrients in the feed because I self mill. I give vitamins for 2days after any medication and b4 and after vaccination.
For me, I always combine it with any medication. Do you think your method can fully complement nutrient deficit in the feed? What is you peak percentage like?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 10:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
FarmTech:

For me, I always combine it with any medication. Do you think your method can fully complement nutrient deficit in the feed? What is you peak percentage like?
Boss my current birds @ 24th week are doing just above 50%.
I have had this misconceptions about mixing vitamins with medication until recently that I tried Neoceryl Plus. To think that I have recommended the drugs to so many pple but I refuse to use it becos of the vitamins contents.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by segun1976: 5:33am On Jul 02, 2015
afosoft:

@segun1976, we started selling pullet size 350, 400, 450 depending on the size now we are selling 500, and 650. size determine the price.
For us the first set of eggs were sold @ N400 (about 3 wks ago) and now we @ N470. Not sorting to sizes yet since. Lot of the birds are srill joining the game daily
Our location is Ikorodu-Lagos.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 8:31am On Jul 02, 2015
segun1976:

For us the first set of eggs were sold @ N400 (about 3 wks ago) and now we @ N470. Not sorting to sizes yet since. Lot of the birds are srill joining the game daily
Our location is Ikorodu-Lagos.

Don't allow the retailers exploit you. move round the farms in ur area and see how they are selling.
Ur birds are coming to lay at a time when the demands for eggs are high coupled with the fasting.
I started selling at N550. Just ensure you have more buyers than what you currently produce.
with ur No of birds you may want to employ a marketer whose salary will not be more than 10-- 15k.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 4:48pm On Jul 02, 2015
Theonlyson:
helo house, pls help, my boilers are not growing, they are 3 weeks now

What is their weight? my birds from Obasanjo's Ota farm using Top feed weighed about 700g in 3 weeks. So weigh your birds to be specific.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by pathology(m): 4:52pm On Jul 02, 2015
evening house, can i use guinea corn to replace maize in broiler s feed
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adebamtech(m): 5:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
pls help. my pullets at 21wks start laying, but it's now 22wks plus and it's only two pullets that are laying. i have 90 of them, i missed ND+IB vaccination, but all other things was done accordingly. i gave the lasota as well at the 22wks as well.Their size are ok to my experience. Could the ommision of ND+IB vacination caused delay in laying or caused not laying at all? if yes or no, what can i do to resolve the laying issue?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adebamtech(m): 5:12pm On Jul 02, 2015
PLs, does anyone have proper vacination / meddication for turkey from day old till laying time and subsequent routines. i will be glad if it could be uploaded here or a link to get it is given. thanks in advance
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 7:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
adebamtech:
pls help. my pullets at 21wks start laying, but it's now 22wks plus and it's only two pullets that are laying. i have 90 of them, i missed ND+IB vaccination, but all other things was done accordingly. i gave the lasota as well at the 22wks as well.Their size are ok to my experience. Could the ommision of ND+IB vacination caused delay in laying or caused not laying at all? if yes or no, what can i do to resolve the laying issue?

For now. the commission of the vaccine is not
responsible for ur experience but lack of uniformity in growth. However. you need to give the birds 3in 1 ASAP. alternatively, you may look for IB vaccine to give them since you have administered lasota.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 7:21pm On Jul 02, 2015
adebamtech:

For now. the omission of the vaccine is not
responsible for ur experience but lack of uniformity in growth. However. you need to give the birds 3in 1 ASAP. alternatively, you may look for IB vaccine to give them since you have administered lasota
Wish you well
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by pathology(m): 6:37am On Jul 03, 2015
fnk:

What is their weight? my birds from Obasanjo's Ota farm using Top feed weighed about 700g in 3 weeks. So weigh your birds to be specific.

do u use concentrate or mash
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adebamtech(m): 4:53pm On Jul 03, 2015
davidzfarm18:

For now. the omission of the vaccine is not
responsible for ur experience but lack of uniformity in growth. However. you need to give the birds 3in 1 ASAP. alternatively, you may look for IB vaccine to give them since you have administered lasota
Wish you well

i will do as directed and feed you back asap. i'm grateful
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omotititi: 5:10pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hello House.....my new batch of birds dropped their first egg today at age 20weeks. Help me thank God cos I need the golden eggs badly.Am grateful to God alone.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 6:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
adebamtech. Feed your birds well. The only problem you have is lack of uniformity in growth. Your birds will lay when they attain the right weight.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 6:23pm On Jul 03, 2015
omotititi:
Hello House.....my new batch of birds dropped their first egg today at age 20weeks. Help me thank God cos I need the golden eggs badly.Am grateful to God alone.

congrats chairman. may God speed up their performance
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by segun1976: 9:11pm On Jul 03, 2015
omotititi:
Congrats o! We thank God on your behalf. Hope demand& price for pullet eggs are good at your location
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 9:39pm On Jul 03, 2015
segun1976:

Congrats o! We thank God on your behalf. Hope demand& price for pullet eggs are good at your location

Bros its like u are having challenges selling ur pullet eggs. Maybe you need to start sorting the eggs. I think that will help u
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eggxel: 9:44pm On Jul 03, 2015
omotititi:
Congrats omotiti
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 11:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
omotititi:

Congrats
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 3:06am On Jul 04, 2015
omotititi:
Finally, congrat.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adebamtech(m): 5:19pm On Jul 04, 2015
Eggcelent:
adebamtech. Feed your birds well. The only problem you have is lack of uniformity in growth. Your birds will lay when they attain the right weight.

thanks. but should i change from grower feeds to layers by now? 2 birds laying out of 90.
Regards
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 6:13am On Jul 05, 2015
adebamtech. Definitely, no. Keep giving them growers mash till you have at least 9 eggs a day. Switching too soon to feeding layers will be counterproductive in the long run as the birds may develop excessive fat & suffer prolapse, even though they commence laying relatively earlier.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tunezvic(m): 8:22am On Jul 05, 2015
Help! My layers of 20 weeks old are dying after debeaking them.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by enilowo(m): 8:58am On Jul 05, 2015
Please advise me. My birds are 10wks old and I have given all vaccinations required to be given by now. Please I need step by step guidance going forward. Pleas at what week are dey expected to start laying and when am I supposed to change to layers Mash.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 9:07am On Jul 05, 2015
tunezvic:
Help! My layers of 20 weeks old are dying after debeaking them.

You Left the debeaking too late.
Meanwhile you may need to sort out the weak ones and separate them. Also look for good anti-stress like stredsroak ,livestovite or molasses.
Combine with vitamins and give them
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tunezvic(m): 9:50am On Jul 05, 2015
davidzfarm18:

You Left the debeaking too late.
Meanwhile you may need to sort out the weak ones and separate them. Also look for good anti-stress like stredsroak ,livestovite or molasses.
Combine with vitamins and give them
thanks a lot. I will do that tomorrow.. Am already giving them vitamin(vitalyte).
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 11:33am On Jul 05, 2015
tunezvic. Please, don't try debeaking birds just coming into lay ever again. They are going through unusual stress trying to produce eggs for the first time; debeaking them would have exponentially increased the stress leading to their death. Besides, debeaking temporarily affects feeds intake, which is another stress on its own. As advised by davidzfarm18, give them stress-combating supplement & ensure they feed well. Success
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 11:37am On Jul 05, 2015
enilowo. Were you not given rearing & vaccination schedule where you got your pullets? Is this the first time you would be raising pullets? What vaccines have you administered & when? M/w., given the age of your pullets, you could not have completed the vaccinations required.

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.