Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,713 members, 7,851,440 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:21 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (969824 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adebaxton(m): 9:25am On Dec 21, 2012
Ultimable@yahoo.com

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by BasseyJ(m): 10:13am On Dec 21, 2012
sp2002: for poultry establishment/ consultation, you can contact us via:
SP2002 POULTRY & LAND CONSULTANCY
TJ.SP2002@GMAIL.COM
WWW.SP2002.GNBO.COM.NG

we are farmers operating in lagos and also extend our service to any part of the nation. you can also get more info on the necesary things needed to venture into poultry.
dude put up whatever info you have here, we have great and competent farmers helping people out on this thread, try and do the same. Also, i'll love to have any report on poultry farming, wanna set up a farm, already thought of pig farming, but i'm thinking poultry is also good. Thanks, here's my mail...johnebassey@gmail.com. Would also love reports on pig farming if anyone has any. Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omotititi: 12:11pm On Dec 21, 2012
@jites,thank you for your selflessness.May God bless you and your farm abundantly.pls cn u pls snd me a copy of dat report.cos I wnt to set up my poultry nxt. Year jan.aomoti@yahoo.com

Thank you and let us all continue to to dig deeper into the poultry industry as success is sure for all of us by God's grace....amen
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jites(m): 4:14pm On Dec 21, 2012
omotititi: @jites,thank you for your selflessness.May God bless you and your farm abundantly.pls cn u pls snd me a copy of dat report.cos I wnt to set up my poultry nxt. Year jan.aomoti@yahoo.com

Thank you and let us all continue to to dig deeper into the poultry industry as success is sure for all of us by God's grace....amen
Please like i said in one of my earlier post, lets not make this thread about send me the report, send me the report send me the report, this thread needs to have good solid contributions, even it you tried the business and fail still let us know so we can all learn from it
@Omotiti
@Jovita85
@Latestsunny
Sorry i have not been able to reply since i have been busy working, i hope to have some break by either saturday or Sunday and i should be able to send the report then. Omotiti i have read through some of your post and i know that you seem very interested in the agricultural sector, weldone to you and i know you are currently working somewhere else at the moment but when you do start your poultry business try and commit some good quality time to it with little delegation ok. I used yo live in Benin city myself, Ekewan road to be precise close to Uniben. Good luck all and have a merry Xmas and a happy new year. God bless nigeria
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Password77(m): 4:50pm On Dec 21, 2012
jites:
@ password77, you have mail -i have sent you all the report you need to start up.
thanks man, i'll check my mail box..
jites:
I used yo live in Benin city myself, Ekewan road to be precise close to Uniben.
what a small world, i grew up in Benin city too.
P.s- I'll try and update everyone on this blog when it starts.
Thanks once more.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 4:55pm On Dec 21, 2012
It will be fun if we can include piggery,goatry and cattle production in our blog,we need to cover most part of agric including croppings as well.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by latestsunny(m): 6:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
obnelly: It will be fun if we can include piggery,goatry and cattle production in our blog,we need to cover most part of agric including croppings as well.

I dnt buy dat idea my friend cos 1 nid to concentrate on poultry witout distraction.if we shud start combining odas lik goat n piggery,I tink It ll b too broad to cover considering d cost and risk implication

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adebaxton(m): 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2012
c
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by steel5800(m): 3:10pm On Dec 22, 2012
Welcome back basking4me and I say welldone to jites, obnelly and every oda person on this thread. I haven't posted here for about 2wks or thereabout but I'm happy to say that my birds are doing just fine as they are steadily increasing. I recorded 64% production yesterday, which is a great improvement form 17% just about 2weeks ago.

I don't really support mixing of feed urself because most of the raw materials u get are adultrated hence u get low quality feed and u all know the implications of that. What we do is to get concentrates and mix with maize and dusa(don't know the english name for that). This way u reduce raw materials needed to mix thereby reducing the risk of getting low quality feed. We were using topfeed concentrates but with its recent scarcity, we switched to soviet and vital concentrates (soviet for my farm and vital for d family farm).

Wish all intending farmer all the best.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by steel5800(m): 3:17pm On Dec 22, 2012
I forgot to mention that a bag of layers mash amounts to anywhere from 1660 to 1750 naira with the above strategy but there's something else...we get 48bags for every ton mixed instead of the normal 40bags. So even if ure getting 70% production, u still get a decent profit margin at d end of the month. My mum does all the logistics cos I don't have much time as I work in a bank....thinking of resigning soon to face farming squarely.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jites(m): 6:19pm On Dec 22, 2012
omotititi: @jites,thank you for your selflessness.May God bless you and your farm abundantly.pls cn u pls snd me a copy of dat report.cos I wnt to set up my poultry nxt. Year jan.aomoti@yahoo.com

I sent the report but it came back as failure, this is the message i got, check the email address to make sure it right. the message i got is

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<jan.aomoti@yahoo.com>:
Remote host said: 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (jan.aomoti@yahoo.com) [0] - mta1362.mail.mud.yahoo.com [BODY]
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jites(m): 6:19pm On Dec 22, 2012
jites:

I sent the report but it came back as failure, this is the message i got, check the email address to make sure it right. the message i got is

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<jan.aomoti@yahoo.com>:
Remote host said: 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (jan.aomoti@yahoo.com) [0] - mta1362.mail.mud.yahoo.com [BODY]
Oh sorry i got it now the jan is the month next year and not included in the address lol, i will resend it
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by latestsunny(m): 6:34pm On Dec 22, 2012
@jites, I got d report now,tanx a lot.we shall all meet at d top
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by basking4me: 1:26pm On Dec 23, 2012
Hello steel5800, thanks for your comments, its realli an eye opener this feedmilling issue.

I will like to discuss more with you on the feeding of layer birds.

Regards.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by diamonds112(f): 2:36pm On Dec 23, 2012
Hi guys,really impressed and wish i culd be part of it.its always been my dream,live in kd too and wuld like to start my backyard poultry farming too.wish u success and pray that u reap the frut of ur labour.my sis kindly assist ur sis as i dont know how and where to start from,my email is zeeexotic112@yahoo.com.thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by diamonds112(f): 5:30pm On Dec 23, 2012
Sorry hindsight,just a sugestion.is the building nt supose to be 2 so dat dere can be a place where they can be kept whn cleaning dere house?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by MarcoP: 6:25pm On Dec 24, 2012
@Jites.
Kindly oblige me this report to help me at aosuma@yahoo.com.
I've just ordered 200 day old chick (layers) and 10 broilers to start a mini poultry inside my compound. I need all the advise I can get. I plan to expand as soon as am able to raise enough capital to acquire a plot of land around Ijoko, Ogun state where I reside.
A vet doctor I contacted within my environs has offered to help with the brooding for about 8 weeks to take the stress off me. He will use his broder at a cost yet to be discussed. Anybody with idea how much food and medication these 210 birds are likely to consume in 8 weeks?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by miqos02(m): 9:37pm On Dec 24, 2012
Marco-P :
@Jites.
I've just ordered 200 day old chick (layers) and 10 broilers to start a mini poultry inside my compound. I need all the advise I can get. I plan to expand as soon as am able to raise enough capital to acquire a plot of land around Ijoko, Ogun state where I reside.
A vet doctor I contacted within my environs has offered to help with the brooding for about 8 weeks to take the stress off me. He will use his broder at a cost yet to be discussed. Anybody with idea how much food and medication these 210 birds are likely to consume in 8 weeks?
i wish u succes,but as a starter u should have ordered for point on lay. that will relieve from lot of stress

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by MarcoP: 10:08pm On Dec 24, 2012
@ miquos02
Thanks for your concern. I thought along that line but had to go for the day old chicks as my Vet offered to do the brooding for a few weeks before transfering them to me. One need to learn and acquire real time experience. I've got time on my hand, will give this new hobby my full attention.
I'm still waiting for the report. Anyone with it should forward to aosuma@yahoo.com.
How many birds can a plot of land conveniently accommodate. Anyonw with cost implication to set this up, excluding cost of land. Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by markie79: 10:17pm On Dec 24, 2012
pls can u tell me where i can get Dusa in lagos my email is macmiracle@rocketmail.com or post it on i will be expectin ur reply
@
STEEL5800
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by markie79: 10:19pm On Dec 24, 2012
pls can u tell me where i can get Dusa in lagos my email is macmiracle@rocketmail.com or post it on i will be expectin ur reply
@
STEEL5800
steel5800: I forgot to mention that a bag of layers mash amounts to anywhere from 1660 to 1750 naira with the above strategy but there's something else...we get 48bags for every ton mixed instead of the normal 40bags. So even if ure getting 70% production, u still get a decent profit margin at d end of the month. My mum does all the logistics cos I don't have much time as I work in a bank....thinking of resigning soon to face farming squarely.
@
STEEL5800
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by steel5800(m): 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2012
basking4me: Hello steel5800, thanks for your comments, its realli an eye opener this feedmilling issue.

I will like to discuss more with you on the feeding of layer birds.

Regards.

U can ask what ever question you want to ask n I promise to get back to u on it

markie79: pls can u tell me where i can get Dusa in lagos my email is macmiracle@rocketmail.com or post it on i will be expectin ur reply
@
STEEL5800
Well I don't where u can get it in lagos. I don't even know where to get it in kano here cos its not d normal Dusa u see around. My mum orders for it from someone in niger state and the man sends them down here cos its quite cheap there. She usually orders for like 80 to 100bags. We use some and sell the rest to avoid keeping them for too long. I'll try n find out exactly what's in the Dusa so maybe u could look for a place u can get it close to u.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by latestsunny(m): 6:50am On Dec 25, 2012
Marco-P :
@Jites.

Nice to hear dat,I wish u best of luck.I stay within ur syde,hop u wouldn't mind if I come check on ur farm for purpose of experience sanusisundaya@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by markie79: 10:44am On Dec 25, 2012
steel5800:

U can ask what ever question you want to ask n I promise to get back to u on it

Well I don't where u can get it in lagos. I don't even know where to get it in kano here cos its not d normal Dusa u see around. My mum orders for it from someone in niger state and the man sends them down here cos its quite cheap there. She usually orders for like 80 to 100bags. We use some and sell the rest to avoid keeping them for too long. I'll try n find out exactly what's in the Dusa so maybe u could look for a place u can get it close to u.

thank s for the reply
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 5:21pm On Dec 26, 2012
Raising chciken by yourseld is the best,buying point of layer will make you to be half baked farmer.your best bet is to learn how its being done.goodluck.

Allowing people to visit your fRm isnt good enough if your bio security is not good you stand the chance of lossing your chickens to diseases.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by miqos02(m): 8:26pm On Dec 26, 2012
obnelly: Raising chciken by yourseld is the best,buying point of layer will make you to be half baked farmer.your best bet is to learn how its being done.goodluck.

Allowing people to visit your fRm isnt good enough if your bio security is not good you stand the chance of lossing your chickens to diseases.
ok boss
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by wolllexxx: 2:31pm On Dec 29, 2012
Hello,

Can anyone here help with what additive one can include in poultry feed to reduce the smell of the waste.

Good house keeping helps but is just not enough.

Please help.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by DigitalIdeas: 4:07pm On Dec 29, 2012
Poultry Business is very profitable with the right Information.
I'm glad this Thread is Orienting people in this Regard.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Jidemaks(m): 9:25pm On Dec 29, 2012
Try applying Larvacide. The application dosage is as on the packaging bag. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Jidemaks(m): 9:27pm On Dec 29, 2012
Digital Ideas: Poultry Business is very profitable with the right Information.
I'm glad this Thread is Orienting people in this Regard.

Try applying Larvacide.The application is as on the packaging bag.

Wishing you all the best.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Vera2cc: 10:55pm On Dec 29, 2012
I just want to say thanks to you all for keeping this thread going. I have leant a lot and I am still learning. I hope to start my poultry on a small scale in 2013.
@ jites, please could you send me your reports? Thanks and Godbless.
nkemobike@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by wolllexxx: 11:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
@jidemaks,

Thanks a bunch. I'm most grateful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.