Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,249 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (963472 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by laposta: 11:25am On Apr 26, 2018
Hello farmers,

I have 5 units of locally fabricated and 2 units of imported cages (all fairly used) for sale at give away prices.

Local Cages (5 units) - 25k per unit
Imported Cages (2 units) - 50k per unit

Cages need a bit of work with watering system but I've got nipple drinkers for giveaway!

Whatsapp/Call - Femi, 08037276012

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sammorad(m): 3:32am On Apr 27, 2018
oluwasammy:
Please expert in the house, I will lyk to ask .
Is it advisable to borrow money to start a small scale poultry farm.

For me, I say 'DONT', the key word i see in this question is -- borrow money to start a small scale poultry farm.

You must learn first, you can start with as low as 10 pieces of broilers, Knowledge and skill is the key factor in this biz.

If you really have to do this business for long and not a short time thing, you must learn and grow gradually,

Building your market base is another important success factor thing that takes time and patience.

After you know what to do, how to sell and where to sell, after you have gained a good control of your market and environment then I think you can borrow.

Always remember that a borrower is a slave to the lender.

5 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by oluwasammy(m): 10:04pm On Apr 28, 2018
Tanks bro
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mamatwiny(f): 4:27pm On May 03, 2018
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by haarfeez: 8:39pm On May 04, 2018
5 or 6 weeks old broilers needed in ibadan, Oluyole to be precise. call 08134125884
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ultrazone(m): 10:51pm On May 05, 2018
nbno

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by icekwuin(f): 11:25pm On May 06, 2018
Hello, please I need advice. I want to start a poultry farm with 500 birds in Port Harcourt.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by TONY56: 3:46pm On May 11, 2018
Can anyone on this tread link me with where I can get Animal care products around Ikorodu axis or around Gberigbe in Ikorodu.

My farm is in Gberigbe-Ikorodu.

Thanks in anticipation of your assistance
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Wayne4uall(m): 11:05pm On May 12, 2018
jites:

@ password77, you have mail -i have sent you all the report you need to start up.

, I will love to go into poultry farming after my nysc, I have been reading this blog from the first page, to tell you the truth, I have gain somethings from this blog, I will love to start by August this year by the grace of Almighty God with 70 boilers,
I'll will be grateful if i can get feasibilty reports and any documents on poultry farming so i can read up and add to the little knowledge i've already and the type of birds to buy, the type of food and Vaccine name and when to administer it and the total cost for 70 birds from day old to 10weeks
Thanks in advance
... , basking4me and other my email obarombi@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by crro: 8:31pm On May 13, 2018
Hello all, pls I'm looking for fertilized Turkey eggs .

Quantity - 300.
Breed - Preferably "Foreign" Turkey but "Local" is fine.
Location -.Port Harcourt , Rivers State

Contacted on : 09075936267, 08181143612, 07019136097

All lines available on whats-app
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Enjaylic: 2:28pm On May 15, 2018
kelvin96:

how about lasota vaccine...how many times ve u given dem? Meanwhile please place dem on embazin forte for 3 days then ordinary water for two days and embazin forte for another 3 days. And dey are suppose to be taking 7kg daily till d end of 4weeks while dey should take 8.6kg daily at 5weeks den 11kg daily at 6weeks. Good luck and pls let me know about lasota u ve given dem
pls I need ur contact,I need advice on poultry
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dhyaniel(m): 5:19pm On May 15, 2018
pls advise me, am planning on starting a poultry farm after NYSC by next month but I need more information on how to go about it am planning on starting with 50 broilers and 50 layers pls advice
my mail is : akinrinolagbolahan66@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 15, 2018
dhyaniel:
pls advise me, am planning on starting a poultry farm after NYSC by next month but I need more information on how to go about it am planning on starting with 50 broilers and 50 layers pls advice
my mail is : akinrinolagbolahan66@gmail.com
I advice you shun layers for now.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by survivalagro: 4:11pm On May 16, 2018
icekwuin:
Hello, please I need advice. I want to start a poultry farm with 500 birds in Port Harcourt.

For everything you need as regards poultry, kindly contact us through the following channels.

Contact@

Iyana Bare, opposite Jossy Adeolu , filling station. Old Lagos Road , Ibadan.

Office Line: 07054283960.

Whatsapp: +2347062252747

Email:survivalagroservice@gmail.com

Pages:www.facebook.com/survivalpoultry

Instagram : @survivalpoultryfarm

We hope to hear from you soon.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 16, 2018
icekwuin:

Do you have the space and needed equipment like feeders, trays, etc?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by icekwuin(f): 10:50pm On May 16, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Do you have the space and needed equipment like feeders, trays, etc?
No
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Tunjoel(m): 8:40am On May 27, 2018
Good morning house, I noticed this morning that some of my birds are sleeping. what drug can I give them
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by KULENPA: 2:09pm On May 28, 2018
Hi, please expert in the house; am a new commer. I have 51 cockrel chicks from AMO hatchery which is just 15 days old. They are all doing great with the biggest weighing .80g, but i noticed one of them sounding like coughing and snooring. Please what can i do, though i have isolated it not to spread it to the others. Will be glad for your advice.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Lennylinconlee(m): 2:12pm On May 30, 2018
pls i need any material for poultry business. i am a starter...i have intention of starting with 100 boiler. pls send useful information to me... lennylinconlee@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Cassie74: 6:29pm On May 30, 2018
Pls can someone tell me the best feed around, Rico, chikum, hybrid feed or any other not on the list above for broilers. Cheers
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by GidiPrince: 10:35pm On May 30, 2018
TONY56:
Can anyone on this tread link me with where I can get Animal care products around Ikorodu axis or around Gberigbe in Ikorodu.

My farm is in Gberigbe-Ikorodu.

Thanks in anticipation of your assistance

You can get at Solcorp Farms at Itamaga Junction. They sell concentrate, finished feeds and drugs from animal care.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 01, 2018
Guru's in the house, I need help on turkey feed formulation for starter, grower and finisher.
You counsel will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by phemolala07(m): 7:38am On Jun 02, 2018
Hello house!!!!

Pls I want to start poultry farm very soon with 50boiler...i seriously need ur advice...tanks

Email-jaiyeola_oluwafemi@yahoo.com.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Elvischris(m): 5:29pm On Jun 08, 2018
Please some one should help me my birds are 6weeks when the were 2 weeks I gave them yeast mixed with feed it caused them red coccidioss I treated with dramacine and sulfacox later run the coccidioss came back and their poo became real pure yellow it kills them in a day I have bought tiviral, and embarzin forte disultruim antibiotics I give them every two days yet the are dying especially any day I change my litter because I change once in 5 to 6 days any day I change my litter one must develop symptoms of yellow poo please please
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Babacele: 1:18pm On Jun 09, 2018
Elvischris:
Please some one should help me my birds are 6weeks when the were 2 weeks I gave them yeast mixed with feed it caused them red coccidioss I treated with dramacine and sulfacox later run the coccidioss came back and their poo became real pure yellow it kills them in a day I have bought tiviral, and embarzin forte disultruim antibiotics I give them every two days yet the are dying especially any day I change my litter because I change once in 5 to 6 days any day I change my litter one must develop symptoms of yellow poo please please
seems you are stressing them when you change litters. What bedding material do you use? Do you give them anti stress like vitamins ,and what type of bird- layer or broilers?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Jinoprinx: 2:32pm On Jun 09, 2018
Urgent Help Needed!!!
I opted to try Poultry farming after going through the huge wealth of info on this thread.
I started with 50 broilers ( to gather experience as advised) 19 days ago, they've been doing real good until 3days ago, I observed that they can't stand and most of them are just rolling over on their back because of the paralysis of their legs, it also makes them not to eat properly. I've already recorded 4deaths.
I have earlier given then lasota and gomboro vaccine before all these problems started.
Please someone help a rookie out.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Cuteamigo1(m): 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2018
Elvischris:
if you ask me the best drug for treating coccidiosis is either keprox or Diclosol. works great for me all the time. i give 10ml to 20 liters for 48 hours straight then i repeat after five days.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Cuteamigo1(m): 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
Jinoprinx:
Urgent Help Needed!!!
I opted to try Poultry farming after going through the huge wealth of info on this thread.
I started with 50 broilers ( to gather experience as advised) 19 days ago, they've been doing real good until 3days ago, I observed that they can't stand and most of them are just rolling over on their back because of the paralysis of their legs, it also makes them not to eat properly. I've already recorded 4deaths.
I have earlier given then lasota and gomboro vaccine before all these problems started.
Please someone help a rookie out.
Thanks in anticipation.
this sounds alot like Newcastle disease or heat stroke. let the experst come and tell you the antibiotics to administer to them. quick question, how many times did you vacinate them with gomboro and lasota?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jay7(m): 5:28am On Jun 11, 2018
KULENPA:
Hi, please expert in the house; am a new commer. I have 51 cockrel chicks from AMO hatchery which is just 15 days old. They are all doing great with the biggest weighing .80g, but i noticed one of them sounding like coughing and snooring. Please what can i do, though i have isolated it not to spread it to the others. Will be glad for your advice.

I hope my replying is not coming late, with what you explain its probably CRD, work to a good Vet shop around you and ask them the best drug to use, I hope it helps

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.