Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (963555 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by amyzon: 12:51am On Jan 18, 2018
Jummy2010:
Hello house! Pls I need help,my broilers n cockrels which are 11weeks old has fowl pox I Av used gumbocine+sulpa based drug for them but there's no improvement and it has generated to watery eyes in six birds. Pls I need recommendations on what drugs to use in eradicating it. Am a newbie in this business

Try doxytylosin
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by JewelRegi(f): 12:58am On Jan 18, 2018
Turks:
Start with 50 Broilers.

can i give u a call? I really need this
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 3:31am On Jan 18, 2018
Of course. Please do.
JewelRegi:

can i give u a call? I really need this

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Jummy2010: 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2018
amyzon:

Try doxytylosin
Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by amyzon: 11:51pm On Jan 18, 2018
Jummy2010:

Thanks

U re welcome,
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by blessingfarm: 3:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
Turks:
They’re at their peak and this is every farmer’s dream. Their uniformity is almost 100%. Your birds are doing great and for this, you ought to be glad. There’s nothing to worry about other than keeping up whatever management practice yours is. All the best!
When layers are at their peak when laying, how long does it last before the laying drops again?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 3:36pm On Jan 21, 2018
I can't really say as It depends on a lot of factors. If treated well, birds can be at 75-90% for a long time. Again, 'IF' treated well and if environmental factors permit it. But as long as you're doing over 70% production, you're making profit. Thank You.
blessingfarm:

When layers are at their peak when laying, how long does it last before the laying drops again?

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AvailableCofOLa(m): 5:46am On Jan 22, 2018
Can I call you?
Or you can communucate with me via WhatsApp.
See my signature
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mailemmanite: 9:22am On Jan 22, 2018
Hi Guys

Good to be here. I hope we're all progressing in our various businesses.
My company is setting us a broiler processing plant in Port Harcourt ready to process between 500 – 1000 birds per hour which will Cater for the South East and South South Region of the country. We are inviting broiler farmers in the region to join our network of out-growers or contract farmer to supply our plant with 8wks old broilers or birds at live weight of between 1.8-2.5 kg.

The Farmers should have the capacity of breading 5000+ birds. This present farmers the opportunity to sell out their birds as at when due and not have to spend their profit feeding their stock after attaining maturity.

Please contact me if you’re interested or know any body or farmers that are interested. In contacting me, please state your farm address and location, Farm Capacity and your contact information- email and phone preferred.

email – mailemmanite@ymail.com

Regards
Emmanuel
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mailemmanite: 4:41pm On Jan 22, 2018
Hi Guys

Good to be here. McPremiere Food is setting up a broiler processing plant in Port Harcourt ready to process between 500 – 1000 birds per hour which will Cater for the South East and South South Region of the country. We are inviting broiler farmers in the region to join our network of out-growers or contract farmer to supply our plant with 8wks old broilers or birds at live weight of between 1.8-2.5 kg.

The Farmers should have the capacity of breading 5000+ birds. This present farmers the opportunity to sell out their birds as at when due and not have to spend their profit feeding their stock after attaining maturity.

Please contact me if you’re interested or know any body or farmers that are interested. In contacting me, please state your farm address and location, Farm Capacity and your contact information- email and phone preferred.

Please note, Terms and Conditions Apply.

Regards

Emmanuel
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Willie2015: 5:41pm On Jan 23, 2018
mailemmanite:
Hi Guys

Good to be here. I hope we're all progressing in our various businesses.
My company is setting us a broiler processing plant in Port Harcourt ready to process between 500 – 1000 birds per hour which will Cater for the South East and South South Region of the country. We are inviting broiler farmers in the region to join our network of out-growers or contract farmer to supply our plant with 8wks old broilers or birds at live weight of between 1.8-2.5 kg.

Regards
Emmanuel

Welldone and Tks for the bold step.

I think you will get more farmers if you can reduce your min requirement to stock of 500 or 1000 birds. Stocking 5000 birds is not a child play, feeding cost only will take like 3.5m and above for 6wks to 8wks cycle.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sammorad(m): 11:18pm On Jan 23, 2018
Willie2015:

Welldone and Tks for the bold step.

I think you will get more farmers if you can reduce your min requirement to stock of 500 or 1000 birds. Stocking 5000 birds is not a child play, feeding cost only will take like 3.5m and above for 6wks to 8wks cycle.

Very Very true talk
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by amyzon: 9:43pm On Jan 26, 2018
Pls great farmers, how do I increase the egg size
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sammorad(m): 1:20am On Jan 27, 2018
amyzon:
Pls great farmers, how do I increase the egg size

My brother, the best way to improve your egg size and quality is to improve on the health and total well being of the birds, likewise give them appropriate feed ration for the day.

I know there are feed additives that promise improve egg quality, but in this business I don't believe in short cuts.

Administer your Lasota vaccine timely,

Deworm regularly,

Don't 4get your amprolium especially in deep litter system,

Use egg boast (multivitamin) regularly but not every time.

Dont 4 get your antibiotics when necessary ( reduce the use of antibiotics to d barest minimum, in fact if your liter management and bio-security is good, both amprolium and antibiotics should not be more than once in 2 months, ie 3-5 days within 2 months),

Ensure they have enough water (water is key in egg formation),

Do not joke with your feeding ration and time( keep to time, do not starve dem),

There are a lot of feed additives, I use and sell Biozyme[i][/i], but the overall health of the birds is much more important.

Finally, I must emphasis that proper vaccination during the growing period (@pullet stage) is key to help keep the birds healthy during their layering stage.

All the best,

5 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jfkenny(m): 3:02am On Jan 27, 2018
sammorad:

My brother, the best way to improve your egg size and quality is to improve on the health and total well being of the birds, likewise give them appropriate feed ration for the day.

I know there are feed additives that promise improve egg quality, but in this business I don't believe in short cuts.

Deworm regularly,

Dont 4 get your antibiotics when necessary ( reduce the use of antibiotics to d barest minimum, in fact if your liter management and bio-security is good, both amprolium and antibiotics should not be more than once in 2 months, ie 3-5 days within 2 months),

Do not joke with your feeding ration and time( keep to time, do not starve dem),

There are a lot of feed additives, I use and sell Biozyme[i][/i], but the overall health of the birds is much more important.

Finally, I must emphasis that proper vaccination during the growing period (@pullet stage) is key to help keep the birds healthy during their layering stage.

All the best,

Please how Many kg should 100 laying birds be eating in a day
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sammorad(m): 3:23am On Jan 27, 2018
jfkenny:

For older birds 200 to 250 birds consume a bag of 25kg daily but from my personal experience, birds just coming to lay consume very less than that, as they grow older they increase dre consumption.

Mind you excess feeding has its own implications, excess feeding does not guaranty big eggs.

All the best
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 7:36am On Jan 27, 2018
12.5kg or a bit more. But the former is ideal.
jfkenny:

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by survivalagro: 11:06am On Jan 27, 2018
CONTACT US FOR THE BEST AND AFFORDABLE POULTRY CAGES.

Getting battery cages that will give you the best output from your birds as a poultry farmer is what should be a priority. Cages that will make them feel comfortable, feed conveniently.
As a company,we are always prepared to give you value for your money.
Our cages are as follow:
128birds capacity layer cage (4tiers) @ #85,000/units
96birds capacity layer cage (3tiers) @ #65,000/units
64birds capacity layer cage (2tiers) @ #45,000/ unit

Note:
Our cages is durable for 7-10years .
Free installation on any of the package.
Full accessories.
We deliver nationwide.
All accessories inclusive.

Contact us@
Iyana Bare, opposite Jossy Adeolu , filling station. Old Lagos Road , Ibadan.

Tel:07062252747

Whatsapp: +2347062252747

Email:survivalagroservice@gmail.com

Pages:www.facebook.com/survivalpoultry

Instagram : @survivalpoultryfarm

https://www.nairaland.com/4298295/best-affordable-battery-cage-poultry

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by amyzon: 2:28pm On Jan 27, 2018
sammorad:

Deworm regularly,

All the best,

Thanks dear, but I heard adding oil to the feed will increase egg size. How true could it be
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sammorad(m): 3:14pm On Jan 27, 2018
amyzon:

Thanks dear, but I heard adding oil to the feed will increase egg size. How true could it be

Honestly, I have not tried that before ooo, and I wont advice what I have not tried not proven to work.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by amyzon: 7:15pm On Jan 27, 2018
sammorad:

Honestly, I have not tried that before ooo, and I wont advice what I have not tried not proven to work.

Thank alot
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by osagiepetre2b(m): 11:38pm On Jan 27, 2018
Please house between chikun and top feed which is better overall for laying birds
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 9:58am On Jan 28, 2018
I’ll go for Chikun.
osagiepetre2b:
Please house between chikun and top feed which is better overall for laying birds
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by osagiepetre2b(m): 11:59am On Jan 28, 2018
Turks:
I’ll go for Chikun.
thanks boss
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sammorad(m): 4:13pm On Jan 28, 2018
osagiepetre2b:

Just seeing your quote, I will also go for chikun, but when it comes to selecting feed for laying birds, I must say that the issue of availability of feed must be given good consideration.

You must check the market in your area and know how readily available you can always lay your hands on that particular feed, except where you have enough cash and can always do direct orders from the company.

All the best,
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by funnynation(m): 12:54am On Jan 29, 2018
Good morning house. Please I want to start a small scale poultry farm. I want to start with broiler. 150 birds to start. I want to use our one or two rooms of uncompleted building. Please somebody should guide me on how to go about it like;

1. Items I will buy, sew dust, latern, stove,
2. The feed name
3. Vaccine name and when to administer it
4. How to feed them
5. Day old or two weeks old which one that is better
6. Is like we have two types of broiler

Please somebody should give me a guide. I need it.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eldest(m): 5:28am On Jan 29, 2018
EJIMS FARMS in Owerri

We are into Piggery, Birds, Fishery, Snail and vegetables

A farm with already built structures and facilities for Piggery, fish, and birds is available for rent/lease in Owerri.
If you're interested in raising birds, fish and growing vegetables or snail farming you can contact us.

We need only serious and passionate farmers.
We also have pigs available for sale, we need butchers around Owerri.

IT students who wants to gain firsthand knowledge on Piggery farming are also welcomed to our farm.

Contact us on: Ejimworld@yahoo.com or 08063535050
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 10:01am On Jan 29, 2018
1) instead of lantern and stove, use coal pot. You also need a hygrometer to monitor the temperature and relative humidity in the brooder

2) Go for Chikun or Hybrid SuperStarter. This is dependent on availability.

3) Lasota & Gumboro
4) Feed then adlib I.e 24/7 with adequate lighting regimen
5) Day Old
6) There are basically 5 breeds: Ross, Abor Acre, Abor Acre Plus, Cobb and the Hubbard.
funnynation:
Good morning house. Please I want to start a small scale poultry farm. I want to start with broiler. 150 birds to start. I want to use our one or two rooms of uncompleted building. Please somebody should guide me on how to go about it like;

2. The feed name
4. How to feed them

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by funnynation(m): 10:59am On Jan 29, 2018
Turks:
1) instead of lantern and stove, use coal pot. You also need a hygrometer to monitor the temperature and relative humidity in the brooder

2) Go for Chikun or Hybrid SuperStarter. This is dependent on availability.

3) Lasota & Gumboro
4) Feed then adlib I.e 24/7 with adequate lighting regimen
5) Day Old
6) There are 4 breeds: Ross, Abor Acre, Abore Acre Plus, Cobb and the Hubbard.

Please I fit get your number?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 1:31pm On Jan 29, 2018
funnynation:

Please I fit get your number?

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by osagiepetre2b(m): 8:10pm On Jan 29, 2018
sammorad:

Just seeing your quote, I will also go for chikun, but when it comes to selecting feed for laying birds, I must say that the issue of availability of feed must be given good consideration.

You must check the market in your area and know how readily available you can always lay your hands on that particular feed, except where you have enough cash and can always do direct orders from the company.

All the best,

thanks a lot. Would take that also
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sammorad(m): 9:19pm On Jan 29, 2018
funnynation:

2. The feed name
4. How to feed them

I think it is good we see the state of the uncompleted building u intend to to use so that we can advise, I advice u go for day old broilers and for feeding rate, for a start I advice just ensure there is always feed in there tray and also they have water constantly, there bye u can see for your self the no of bags u need.

For vaccination, kindly check my post on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3723391/broiler-farm-100-agrited-broilers/28

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.