Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (967051 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by olujuwonj(m): 7:49am On Nov 14, 2019
Do you need a geologist to carry out a hydro-geophysical survey for your borehole, solar borehole installation, geological survery or stratigraphic mapping... We are just a call away, we work nationwide.

Tel: 08055855962

https:///2348089626981
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ejeberphyl: 12:53pm On Nov 23, 2019
yemmit90:

Can you please share the term and condition of doing business with your company.

Waiting patiently for your reply sir.

Normally, we pay in three days but the first delivery will be pay-on-delivery and the needed broiler should be dressed.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by johndal: 11:04pm On Nov 25, 2019
Pls,in what quantity and price..

I have in my farm and we want to sell

Farm location is Abeokuta

NextDayPP:
14 to 20 weeks old NOILER needed.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by johndal: 11:10pm On Nov 25, 2019
Pls,what quantity and in what kg size do you buy

How often do you buy?

We are willing to supply you.

ejeberphyl:
Dressed broiler supplier needed for soft chicken supply in Alausa at good price. 08145253810. ejebernco@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samuel25(m): 7:18pm On Nov 29, 2019
To all the boss in the house, how can I cure my bird of CRD, It is really slow down their growth. I have use tylodox and many other CRD antibiotics, but no cure. they are snoring like human being . pls help out.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by manya(m): 6:07pm On Dec 01, 2019
I am looking for fairly used battery cages around Kano, Jos or Kaduna.
Should be in good condition.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Tommynaku: 10:59pm On Dec 18, 2019
Lexel321:
I have up to 50 bags of broiler shit well bagged and stored for sale in Rukpokwu area of Port Harcourt.

Call 08062404007 if interested.
Good day to you. Am based in PH and want to go into poultry farming. I need where I can receive training.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Sejeje: 1:44pm On Dec 29, 2019
MATURED TURKEY ARE FOR SALE @ IBADAN/ ILORIN EXPRESS WAY BEHIND BOVAS FILLING STATION MONIYA EXPRESS IBADAN

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by oladforever: 1:48pm On Jan 17, 2020
HAVE YOUR BUSINESS PROPOSAL/FEASIBILITY REPORT DELIVER TO YOU WITHIN 48 HOURS WITH FREE CASH FLOW PROJECTION AND FUNDING TIPS AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE.
Do you want to expand your business, be more competitive in your industry or achieve certain goals?
If you answered “YES” to any of the above, you need a business plan! Whether you've just started out or been running for years, business planning can be the key to your success.
Developing and articulating a good business plan/proposal makes your business ideal to have a focus, direction, defines your objectives and maps out strategies to achieve your goals. It helps you know upfront about you capability of running such business, highlighting all the requirements and projected profit/income streams at a glance. A business plan is a living guide that every business should develop as the business grows and changes. Successful businesses review and update their business plan when circumstances change. A business plan thus assist in seeking finance for your business either through banks or investors, showing them why they should invest in your business.
Why don’t you contact us today at DOLAPATH GLOBAL SERVICES for you detailed BUSINESS PLAN or BUSINESS REVIEW.

We will help you develop/review your business plan that will help you comfortably start your business idea and/ or expand your existing business while exceeding your expectations.
We’ve had previous success stories in the following business areas such as:

Cassava tuber farming and production
Cassava Starch and Flour production
Plastic production
Soap production
Palm Oil and Palm Kernel production
Tissue paper production and packaging
Jumbo reels production
Dry cleaning services
Pharmaceutical drug production
Table water production
Bread and pastries production
Printing / Advertising services
Juice production
Snail Farming
Cat-Fish production. e.t.c.
Why don’t you reach us today and your business will be on the path to success.

Principal Consultant: Olusegun Oladeyi
You can reach us via:
Email: dolapathglobal@gmail.com
Call/Watsapp: 08067627940.

Thank you.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abolajidammy: 7:38am On Jan 24, 2020
I sell animal care feeds for poultry in large quantity in Akute /ogunstate, any one that knows Akute knows its in the boundaries of lagos and ogunstate, you can call me if you need, we deliver 40bags and above at your doorstep..... 08066594912

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kuelly(f): 10:43am On Jan 24, 2020
Hello. Please any poultry farmer in Lagos here preferably around Okota and Festac.
Please I need sample of poultry feeds for a project. If you know any farm where I can get please let me know. Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Annabechick(f): 6:13am On Feb 20, 2020
Edo state broiler farmers pls join this WhatsApp group.
Add me on :08079767281
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by crossblane1(m): 9:55pm On Feb 20, 2020
Annabechick:
Edo state broiler farmers pls join this WhatsApp group.
Add me on :08079767281
add me 08075175351
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by konews: 3:29pm On Feb 28, 2020
Poultry Farming in Nigeria is one of the most lucrative agriculture businesses. The economy of Nigeria is mostly dependent on farming or agriculture sector. Thousand of tons of poultry products are consumed everyday yet, the demand remains unsatisfied. Poultry farming in Nigeria can play a important role in the total national income of the
country and fulfill the annual nutrition demands
https://businessplanhub.com.ng/how-to-start-poultry-farming-in-nigeria-feasibility-study/
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by segun1976: 8:23pm On Mar 15, 2020
konews:
Poultry Farming in Nigeria is one of the most lucrative agriculture businesses. The economy of Nigeria is mostly dependent on farming or agriculture sector. Thousand of tons of poultry products are consumed everyday yet, the demand remains unsatisfied. Poultry farming in Nigeria can play a important role in the total national income of the
country and fulfill the annual nutrition demands
https://businessplanhub.com.ng/how-to-start-poultry-farming-in-nigeria-feasibility-study/

Good day great People. Pls i have chicken legs, head, neck, heart, etc in large quantity. If you have a market or link to someone who needs let me know. Whatsapp 07086455800
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by theworldbest(f): 7:41pm On Mar 26, 2020
Please anyone selling point of lay birds in ibafo should indicate
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sammorad(m): 12:24pm On Mar 28, 2020
theworldbest:
Please anyone selling point of lay birds in ibafo should indicate

You can check on Afrimash, they have you covered and will deliver anywhere and you can be assured of quality

see their website here: https://www.afrimash.com/aff/186/?campaign=Sammorad
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by KingAzubuike(f): 8:30pm On Apr 11, 2020
valarinz:

My dear, you're terribly underfeeding your birds, at 10 weeks of age 200 broilers should consume at least 282 kg of feed. Improve their feeding and also add vitalyte or any other multivitamin to their water, you may never make up for lost time but you'll surely stop their decline and thereby reduce your loss.
In case of next time please refer to this webpage -http://www.homesteadorganics.ca/meat-chickens.aspx- for a table on the expected feed consumption per bird and the expected weight per week.

Thanks
Good evening, how many 25kg bags ought to be used every week for 90 birds.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Bestnigeriabusi(m): 6:04am On Apr 27, 2020
Poultry Farming Business Plan In Nigeria PDF 2020

Poultry Farming Business Plan In Nigeria PDF

Poultry Farming Business Plan In Nigeria Latest Edition Feasibility Study And Manual:

Having gone to various seminars myself, either as a trainee or a trainer, poultry farming has always been something everyone wants to go into. From my wealth of experience in business establishment, there are few business I can advise people to go into and one of them is poultry farming. I sure no why you are here to either have an idea of what it takes to set up a poultry farm or you want to have the poultry farming business plan in Nigeria feasibility study. Either one, you are on the right track. Just seat, read on and get all you can.Not until recently, people weren’t into this type of business. Poultry Farming Business Plan In Nigeria

Read also >>> Tomatoes Farming in Nigeria Business Plan 2020 PDF

Infact the surge came after the global burst of massive population, the need for white meat as an advise against the more popular red meat and recently when the Nigerian government banned the importation of livestock especial birds. But most importantly, the global need for food consumption has now made so many people start to realize the potential of providing the most important basic need of man.
There was some time ago when this sector suffered a very huge blow and that was when the most dreaded bird influenza called bird flu attacked chickens globally. Despite that, we have seen the business sector rise above it’s previous resistance.

When we talk about business that are very viable and profitable, then think about poultry farming. I have often advised that everyone including retirees to themselves into because at the long run, it’s a business that will blow them and free them financially. I have written some of the reasons why i consider poultry farming a profitable business for everyone. Take note of them
These factors are numerous but I will be listing just a few:

Read also >>> How I Can Start A Building Materials Business Plan In Nigeria

Food: First and foremost this is food. When you go to restaurant, you will see what am talking about. They are the most expensive on the shelves.

Also, are you aware that there is a decline in the consumption of red meat? Because doctors have advised that we comsume more of white meat (chicken and Turkey) over red meat (beef).
With the size of Nigeria in terms of her population (over 200 million people), then you should understand that demands is all about. The more the people, the greater the demand. We may as a country have gone through some economic situations yet it hasn’t reduced the demand for chicken at all. The ban of chicken importation from neighboring countries have increased the demand for locally produced chicken. So it’s a business that does not only sale in Christmas or New year or Esther or Salah periods alone but at all time. Don’t also forget the place of egg production too. This alone have turned middle men to wealthy men.
Now let’s get to work. But before then, I need make clear some things. Whatever am gonna be sharing with you here is not enough for you not to have your own feasibility study and also a poultry farm business plan. We have a well packaged and up to date poultry business plan that you can use to obtain loan,LOANS, GRANTS, PROPOSAL FOR COMPETITIONS ETC.

To order for our well packaged POULTRY FARMING BUSINESS PLAN, pay N9,000 to GTBank (Guaranty Trust Bank)
Account Name – Ogumka Innocent
Account No – 0153723721..

Currently we are offering a discount for the month but by end of the month, it’s a noooooooooo discount.

After paying for your Package Poultry Business Plan in Nigeria Feasibility/Business PDF, send your email and payment details to 09066078526.

Wherever you find yourself be it in America, Canada, UK, Nigeria, Ghana etc, you can use this business plan. So I will be discussing in this business plan a step by guide on how you can start up your own profitable poultry farming business in Nigeria.

Starting a Poultry Farming Business – Sample Business Plan Template

1. Select your Poultry Niche

If you ever had any idea of poultry farm business, you will understand that this business is very broad. It has many sub sectors which many people have decided to make a living from. You don’t have to be in all at the same time but there is still no problem doing all too. Let me list them out. So many a time we only think of Turkey and chicken rearing as the only thing involved in poultry farming. That’s a major set back for many. It goes beyound that my friends. Let me list some of the very niches or sub sectors in the poultry farming business:

Egg production (Layers breeding)
Meat production (Broilers breeding)
Chicken breeding (Hatchery)
Poultry feed production
Poultry equipment manufacturing
Egg and meat processing, packaging and marketing
Poultry marketing and consultancy

With this in mind, what do you do? Make a choice on the area you want to go into. Like I said, if you have the capacity, then go for all. But, my advise is that you don’t just rush into doing all first. Go through the Poultry farming business plan you purchase, and see which one you can comfortably venture but if you have the the technical know-how nothing stops you from doing all the businesses under poultry farming which also is in the PDF feasibility study guide. But before you venture into any at all, you must first and foremost understand what works in your locality. Where do you get your raw materials from? How close are you to the market? What’s in high demand in your area. When all these are settled adequately well, then go ahead and draw your plan and start.

2. What type of bird will you be focusing on?

Don’t just start by rearing any kind of bird. Research on the type you want to rear as a business. We have several types of birds and thre is a market for them all. Below are the list of various types of birds that we have in the Poultry farming business in Nigeria:

Domestic fowl or Chicken (Broilers and layers)
Turkey
Guinea fowl
Pigeon
Duck
Goose
Peacock
Quail

Many Poultry farmers usually rear both the layers and the broilers at the same time. Yeah it’s quite good except you don’t have the capacity and capability to do so. The layers are primarily reared for the sole purpose of rearing eggs alone and there is nothing more they do. After they have reached their maximum level of productivity, they are sold and eaten. This means that if egg production is your area of specialty, then rearing layers will be utmost good for you.
For those whose aim is business psychology go for meat production, then the broiler will be your very good business. Engaging in meat production is have lots of ROI because these broilers tend to grow faster based on their feeds and again they weigh more than every other breeds. Our main focus will be in layers for egg production and broilers for meat production. Because these are the two main areas you can invest in and expect a very high return on investment (ROI)

Read also >>> Petrol Filling Station Business Plan in Nigeria (March 2020) PDF

3. Start-up Capital Investment

You really want to do this, then be financially prepared. You want to have the full details of the financial and market analysis to start up a Poultry farming business in Nigeria,
To order for our well packaged POULTRY FARMING BUSINESS PLAN, pay N9,000 to GTBank (Guaranty Trust Bank)

Currently we are offering a discount for the month but by end of the month, it’s a noooooooooo discount.

After paying for your Package Poultry Business Plan in Nigeria Feasibility/Business PDF, send your email and payment details to 09066078526.

Truth must be told before you jump into the business of poultry Farming. The business as it is capital intensive. But this depends largely on the scale, location of the business you want to go into and also the type of technology to be use.
For a small poultry farm, you will be looking at investing about 180,00 thousand naira. This is the type you grow behind your house but trust me, for meat production, you will be glad you did. Then for medium size Poultry farm, you least you will need about 900 thousand naira. Then for a very big and large scale, 3 million naira will be what you need as capital. Now for a better and full detailed financial analysis, please place your order for our well documented poultry Farming business plan in Nigeria.

4. Poultry Location

This is very key to making it big in this business. Mow what do I mean? Don’t open your Poultry farm in a very remote place where it will be so difficult to transport produce (eggs) or chickens to consumers. This will be a very stress, waste of resources and delay in supplies. It is always advised that you start your poultry farm in a place with high population density. But if you have a means of mobility to your farm.produce or chickens, then it’s cool so long it’s not eating deep into your profit margin. Of course you no how offensive the odour are so you don’t want to put your poultry farm in a residential area.

5. Housing your birds
Birds are very delicate and when care isn’t taken, you stand the chance of losing them to disease or to bad weather conditions. According to experts, the success of your poultry farm business is hugely affected by the housing system. Poultry housing determines about 40 percent of the entire success of your poultry farm business. So don’t joke at all with your housing system for your poultry farm. Get the advise of an expert whose job is poultry housing. We have different types of poultry housing system that are commonly used and they are as follows:

Extensive system: Range and fold unit
Semi Intensive system: Standard semi intensive unit and straw yard
Intensive system: i. Deep litter, ii. Wire and slated floor, iii. Straw yard, iv. Battery cage

6. Poultry equipment and appliances

Having the right equipments for your poultry farm is key in this business. These equipments and facilities will help and aid in managing your poultry farm. And these equipments are as follows:

Feeders
Drinkers
Waste disposal system
Lightening and heat
Egg crates and storage
Space for keeping feeds and eggs etc. Ensure you construct a house for your birds.

7. Feeding your birds-: infact if you you will succeed in this business, you must know he right feed to use. Most of your expenses will go into this because these birds eat round the clock. So don’t just go into the business without first figuring out the feeding aspect first. And this is the very reason I encourage you to get our well documented poultry Farming business plan in Nigeria and you will see the financial analysis simplified for you.
When it comes to feeding, there are basically two months ways feeding in poultry farming is done and they are:

Either you are Producing your feeds by yourself or

You are Buying already-made poultry feeds which is quite expensive.

If you seek for my sincere advise, i would asked that you produce your own poultry feeds. With this, you can save a whole lot of money in feeding cost especially if you are into a large scale poultry Farming business.

8. Poultry Farm staffing and manpower

We have established the fact that establishing or starting up a Poultry farming business is capital intensive based on the size either small, medium or large scale. But when we talk about the man power, it not labour intensive so long the use of equipment and technology are used properly well. There is something we can’t neglect and that’s the size of the Poultry farm. If we are talking about a large scale poultry farm, then the use of adequate staff must be applied. But for the small and medium ones not much is needed. For the medium ans large scale, there are some departments or personnel that you must hire. They are the admin officer, manager, security. These are the people who will be in charge of the day to day operation of the farm especially the former two (admin officer abd Manager). You don’t have to start employing different persons for different position that will cost lots if money. Your admin officer can also be your accountant etc. So long they understand their different roles.

9. Accounting-:
There are some vital aspects of your poultry business that cannot be taken for granted at all and I have seen many poultry farmers do this often times and this is so fatal to their poultry Farming. Just as you run every other enterprise or business, same way you should run the poultry farm. Now the need for admin cannot be over emphasized because you need to keep track, productivity and the performance of your business activities of your poultry farm daily and this requires the use of an admin officer. So please don’t feel nonchalant about it all.

10. Health-: Like i have said before, birds are very delicate especially the broiler breed so adequate care must be taken else you will face a great fall. With this in mind, these birds needs regular and proper check ups. They must be given the right vaccines and medication. This will prevent diseases and infection attacking them. It will also aid growth among the birds. When you order for our well documented poultry Farming business plan in Nigeria, you will get the full details.

11. Marketing-:
This is essentially very important because without a proper marketing strategy, you will end up not making as much sales as you would. You have to employ the right marketing skills, right marketing methodology etc. And this is the very reason we recommend our well documented poultry Farming business plan in Nigeria and all these methods of finding your customers, reaching out to them and marketing your products to the final consumers will be discussed and analysis.

12. Projected return on investment

According to research by experts, the incubation period of the domestic fowl is between 21 and 22 days. This means that you can start making sales of your birds as early as 8 – 12 weeks. But for a full mature bird, it will reach between 20 – 24 weeks.

Sourcing Your Day Old Chick/Layers
Birds that arw hatched withing or between 24 hours are called day chicks. Now, you have to locate a farm house where hatching is carried out. Not everyone does this job since it requires some form if technicality and hatching equipment. So you make an order for the type of bird that you want. Either you are placing an order for day old chicken, broiler, layers etc. Let me quickly drop something here. When you are sourcing for layers, most assuredly, you will see only two types of colored layers here in Nigeria which are the black and brown layers. Don’t border looking for another colour. The reason we have these two colours of layers alone in this part of the world is because of the weather conditions here. The tropical climate we have here makes them easy to train here and they can also easily adapt to life here. But in all they are top notch and top quality layers. They have been said to be amongst the top three most productive layers on Earth amongst hundreds of them.

Source >>> best business plan in nigeria
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by teymmie: 1:24pm On May 05, 2020
Fresh eggs for sale
We supply the best egg quality
We deliver to your front door when you order

Please contact 07062953407 for more info
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obstead200(m): 2:34pm On May 05, 2020
This thread has outlived it's usefulness. I think it should be closed.

I just visited again after over 6 months. All recent post are full of useless adverts. Business plans, poultry training, egg purchase and all other nonsense.

Am out
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:10pm On May 06, 2020
lanaVello1:
There is electricity (although disconnected at the moment) and a plumbing machine run on site.
It's a fenced and gated property at Ayobo.

Location: Ayobo, Lagos.(7 minutes drive from Anchor University)
Rent: 200k per annum.

Rent is negotiable depending on the nature /size of your farm operationas well as the duration of the lease.

Contact: lanavello@gmail.com for more enquiries or quote me.

Which area of Ayobo is this, please?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by utchlady: 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2020
Pls I urgently need a poultry pen for lease in Lagos.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Chetasfarm(f): 1:15pm On Jun 01, 2020
Very well... I am interested in starting one too but am still finding my way around it.
Congrats and success my dear
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Kharatech: 1:50pm On Jun 02, 2020
hello farmers...You don’t need to look too far to find a very affordable and high quality poultry battery cage(old and new) call or Whatsapp kharatech on 08063016420
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fchizeey: 9:36am On Jun 16, 2020
IDEAL LIVESTOCK FEED

All feed raw materials and ingredients are available at affordable prices. Raw materials ranging from maize, soyabean meal, wheat offal/bran, PKC, GNC, limestone, bonemeal, salt, premix, lysine, DCP, methionine, toxin binder, sesame, biscuit, indomie, sheabutter, blood meal, fishmeal, and many more is abundant in our warehouse.

Kindly visit soonest.

Thanks!

0703 051 1955
Odusote Jesuferanmi John
Manager, Ideal Livestock Feed

Km 6, Express Junction, Sagamu-Benin Expressway, Sagamu, Ogun State, Nigeria.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 5:20pm On Jun 16, 2020
Does anyone have an idea on best price for slaughtered duck meat per kg?thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by CornerChen: 7:17am On Jun 17, 2020
Broiler floor equipment with water drinking and feeding line, including climate control and heater.
Capacity from 10,000 birds to 40,000 birds in one house.

If you would like to start with broiler farm, please send me message for best price.
WhatsApp: +8615838398703
Email: vin.chensn@gmail.com

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Toysakins: 8:01am On Jun 17, 2020
Please I want to poultry birds for egg should I get noiler or layers also where can I purchase in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.