Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (966938 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 1:07pm On Oct 14, 2014
praise4real:
@fnk.... Have been a guest but jst register today. Have read the tread from page 1 to 73. You mention something which I believe will help me also, that Ȋ̝̊̅§ the virushield, pls and pls I will be glad if Ɣou can email it to me also, (praise_real@yahoo.com) thnx and hope to read from u.

The V-mix is my own secret ooo, cannot share it now. But if you will put your mind to what you want to do, think outside the box, you will invent something that will help in your farm.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 1:17pm On Oct 14, 2014
obnelly:

Jamp, good to see you. We are all keeping well.

I still here ooo, just trying to get things going, has not been easy. especially my workers stealing over 230 bags of feed from the farm and over 200 grown 2kg and above birds. It is crazy.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nwogbe: 1:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
fnk:

I still here ooo, just trying to get things going, has not been easy. especially my workers stealing over 230 bags of feed from the farm and over 200 grown 2kg and above birds. It is crazy.
Its really crazy broda!!!!! Hope they have been penalized accordingly. Biz no easy oo
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 14, 2014
fnk:

The V-mix is my own secret ooo, cannot share it now. But if you will put your mind to what you want to do, think outside the box, you will invent something that will help in your farm.

Sir, this v-mix, what positive impact does it has on your birds?

Have you raised birds with and without the v-mix? What difference did you notice?

Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 6:22pm On Oct 14, 2014
fnk:

nice to hear from you. i miss ur posts. my broda i can imagine what you went through. please put measures to mitigate such and how to recover from such things.

fnk:

you have a point here. there is always a secret to every success
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 8:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
jp130:
we r in trouble in uyo o. no feed for birds. nduk uke mbok?

That is the reason why we need not depend too much on this so called white people.we need to embrace mechanisation and use science ,technology and engineering to develop our agric sector most especially cropping.we need to stop importations of some agric produce.This we encourage and improve local productions of soya , maize,ground but etc.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 9:10pm On Oct 14, 2014
fnk:

Haaaa! oga jamp that is cruel! they wan put you out of bizness? yoga always motivate your staff through giving of incentives sha.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by huru: 2:33am On Oct 15, 2014
samshoz:
Haaaa! oga jamp that is cruel! they wan put you out of bizness? yoga always motivate your staff through giving of incentives sha.

You mean a business owner should give incentives after salary to stop his/her staff from stealing?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 7:10am On Oct 15, 2014
samshoz:

bros not meee, its oga fnk. what he faced is not different from what we see in coporate enviroments. in oil companies,banks,breweries etc people steal even with the high salary and other incentives
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omoluabi1960: 2:59pm On Oct 15, 2014
Hello house members..please come to my aid..av been following this thread for a long time trying to learn from peoples experiences..I ventured into the poultry business with 300 broilers doc..the first three days no mortality but since the fourth day till now the 6th day..av lost 4birds due to unforseen circumstances and 2 birds due to the fact that I stepped on them with the drinkers..
How do I manage this fatality..today alone I lost 3..
They are already on 2nd day treatment for coccidiosis and also they already took stresroak liquid from day one and also used three days to take oral administration of intergen-200 for control of gastrointestinal and respiratory infections..
Please help
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AreaFada2: 3:42pm On Oct 15, 2014
fnk:

Na wa o, sorry for the rogue staff. I was discussing animal farming in absentia with a friend last time n he joked that some workers might abscond with the animals one day PLUS the shed/pen if at all possible! grin

I was just a joke. To imagine that you're even there on ground.

So it really happens. Pele.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 4:31pm On Oct 15, 2014
fnk:

What penalty do u give for such?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 4:36pm On Oct 15, 2014
samshoz:
The right thing is to use that money and install motion-activated cameras at strategic places. That way, you can monitor how much feed they actually give per day, how many shud be left etc.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 4:38pm On Oct 15, 2014
omoluabi1960:
Hello house members..please come to my aid..av been following this thread for a long time trying to learn from peoples experiences..I ventured into the poultry business with 300 broilers doc..the first three days no mortality but since the fourth day till now the 6th day..av lost 4birds due to unforseen circumstances and 2 birds due to the fact that I stepped on them with the drinkers..
How do I manage this fatality..today alone I lost 3..
They are already on 2nd day treatment for coccidiosis and also they already took stresroak liquid from day one and also used three days to take oral administration of intergen-200 for control of gastrointestinal and respiratory infections..
Please help
Na waa oo, you did not even list any symptoms.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omoluabi1960: 6:51pm On Oct 15, 2014
@farmtech..bro am a novice ooo...all I notice is that some sleep while other chicks are eating..and when I wake them up. They tend to still be active and jump around ..though I stopped heating where I kept them cos I felt the heat was too much..
Please what symptoms am I to look out for?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 7:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
FarmTech:

The right thing is to use that money and install motion-activated cameras at strategic places. That way, you can monitor how much feed they actually give per day, how many shud be left etc.
Cctv?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
samshoz:
Cctv?
sure, cctv will reduce if not eradicate stealing.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 6:05am On Oct 16, 2014
huru:

You mean a business owner should give incentives after salary to stop his/her staff from stealing?
Not often, once a while. It motivates and the rational ones may become loyal i think. I think cctv may help more though.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 7:25am On Oct 16, 2014
samshoz:
Cctv?
That would be ok if he can afford the cost, but their are independent cameras that you can always playback to see all that happened - the number of bags removed, the number of bags fed etc.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 7:26am On Oct 16, 2014
omoluabi1960:
@farmtech..bro am a novice ooo...all I notice is that some sleep while other chicks are eating..and when I wake them up. They tend to still be active and jump around ..though I stopped heating where I kept them cos I felt the heat was too much..
Please what symptoms am I to look out for?
How old are they? Have u treated for coccidiosis?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by djkevinho(m): 7:33am On Oct 16, 2014
I NEED URGENT HELP ON BROILER HATCHING!
Good morning all. I built chicken eggs
incubator and I have tested and hatched my
first batch of eggs successfully from local hens
eggs (9 out of 10 eggs). Please I want to know;
how do I get broiler eggs coz I intend going
into hatchery. I'm in Port Harcourt and no
farms around has fertile eggs to sell for me, so
how do I go about it. Thanks!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sleekman(m): 8:34am On Oct 16, 2014
fnk:

@fnk what u should do is 2 make a complaint @ d nearest police station. Get d services of a good lawyer who has got good backhand tactics. Push for d case 2 head 2 court. Push 4 a speedy trial. Once convicted. Paste their photographs on d wall for future employees.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Tmex(m): 9:17am On Oct 16, 2014
djkevinho:
To get a fertile egg is not always as easy as u may be thinking,except you don't mind a less performing chicks. you may need a brief knowledge of genetics to understand what inbreeding is all about
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by laposta: 9:25am On Oct 16, 2014
djkevinho:

You may need to raise your own breeders...Male and female broilers who will mate and give you fertile eggs. It's not an ABC thing, you must be ready to perfect the act...
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omoluabi1960: 9:54am On Oct 16, 2014
FarmTech:

How old are they? Have u treated for coccidiosis?

Yes they are on treatment for coccidiosis now..today makes it the 3rd day since they started the treatment..the chicks are 8days old now.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Titiladeolu(m): 6:28pm On Oct 16, 2014
For those that need training in Ibadan,I will like to inform you that I will be available in Ibadan and we are going to raise christmas birds together.Send a mail of signification of interest to drtitilade.olu@gmail.com and I will send a form to you.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 11:24pm On Oct 16, 2014
omoluabi1960:

Yes they are on treatment for coccidiosis now..today makes it the 3rd day since they started the treatment..the chicks are 8days old now.
What is the color of their droppings?
If you can do a lab test, that would be great.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Moti080: 9:05am On Oct 17, 2014
Hello house. plss I need advice on what to do. I hv layers and they started laying around June. Now I notice small size eggs like lizard's egg. Pls what do I gv them.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nwogbe: 10:04am On Oct 17, 2014
Hello huz, for the past 5days now, I have lost 3birds due to pecking. My birds are too wild eventhough they were depeeked. The 3 birds I lost were pecked in d anus apparently when they were laying or after they had laid. Wot do I do 2 stop or atleast minimize this 2 d barest minimum.
NB: this is a new trend as they hv been laying for 4mnths now witout this issue. They are issa brown front farm support.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nwogbe: 10:17am On Oct 17, 2014
Moti080:
Hello house. plss I need advice on what to do. I hv layers and they started laying around June. Now I notice small size eggs like lizard's egg. Pls what do I gv them.
It is normal as long as it is not always. Maybe once in two wks or are u experiencing it daily!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Moti080: 2:09pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nwogbe:

It is normal as long as it is not always. Maybe once in two wks or are u experiencing it daily!

Thanks. Its once in a while. Saw 2 like 2 wks ago and another one yesterday. Was thinking I shld gv them lasota..

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.