Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (965446 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by passionatefarmer: 10:41pm On Oct 08, 2014
davinci7:

Do you mean tips for watering system(pipes) for battery cages or automatic bell drinkers for deep litters? lemme have your email, I can help with either of the two?
You can help with both and i will make my choice. the email address is peoplesmayor75@yahoo.com. Thanks a million.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AAAJI: 5:07am On Oct 09, 2014
pet01:
Pls why is animalcare feed price always rising. From N2050 to N2100 as at 1 month ago and now N2140, what is going on?

Cost of feed has risen generally.I bought Vita feed concentrate last week for 3100, the price is now 3200. Scarcity and high cost of Soya is attibuted to all dis increase. Cost of Maize and wheat Offal is also on the high side.

How are you guys coping with d currect market situation?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Titiladeolu(m): 7:27am On Oct 09, 2014
For those that need reliable Day Old Chicks,My client breeders farm produces nothing less than 100,000 commercial broilers weekly.The farm is located in Remo and we hatch our DOC in Ibadan.

We will not only sell DOC for you but monitor your birds as well.

For more on this and bookings; mail drtitilade.olu@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by pet01(m): 9:03am On Oct 09, 2014
AAAJI:

Cost of feed has risen generally.I bought Vita feed concentrate last week for 3100, the price is now 3200. Scarcity and high cost of Soya is attibuted to all dis increase. Cost of Maize and wheat Offal is also on the high side.

How are you guys coping with d currect market situation?

I really wonder about these increases, besides the market demand for big eggs only make things worse. Nevertheless we'll continue to forge ahead.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Titiladeolu(m): 10:13am On Oct 09, 2014
shefgodson:
pls can u gv me. d A -Z for raisin broilers at my backyard for jst for staters. as in feedin and medication...tnx.

Contact me bro....
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AAAJI: 2:58pm On Oct 09, 2014
Hello house...pls the amount of fat in d bird in d picture too much? If yes, how can it be reduced?

1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samuel25(m): 3:54pm On Oct 09, 2014
Pls i need advice from experience layer farmers. I am a consistent broiler and cockrel farmer, i just bought a canton of black layers to experiment not knowing that EDS Vacine is that costly and available in thousand dose, pls what is your advice? is it advisable to skip it?.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davinci7: 4:39pm On Oct 09, 2014
AAAJI:
Hello house...pls the amount of fat in d bird in d picture too much? If yes, how can it be reduced?
How old is the bird and if it has laying at what age did it start laying?
Are you sure you didnt start feeding it on layers mash too early?
Was there blood stains on the eggs it laid (if you took time to monitor and was able to pin point the eggs it laid)?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 8:34pm On Oct 09, 2014
mercylicious:
This thread is d bomb.
See sisterhood n brotherhood. Highly informative
I maybe needing ur assistance when i start in a year or two years time.

@my bros farmtech, i sight u. U are really loaded.
When you start holla us. God's speed.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 8:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
samuel25:
Pls i need advice from experience layer farmers. I am a consistent broiler and cockrel farmer, i just bought a canton of black layers to experiment not knowing that EDS Vacine is that costly and available in thousand dose, pls what is your advice? is it advisable to skip it?.
For your own good, don't skip a single vaccination. They may come back to HAUNT you in the future.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AAAJI: 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2014
davinci7:

How old is the bird and if it has laying at what age did it start laying?
Are you sure you didnt start feeding it on layers mash too early?
Was there blood stains on the eggs it laid (if you took time to monitor and was able to pin point the eggs it laid)?

D bird is 47weeks old, started laying on d 18th week. Its likely there was blood stain on the egg although d other birds were peaking it so not sure if d blood below it was frm d peaking or egg laying. By the way, I operate the deep liter system.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 8:47pm On Oct 09, 2014
samshoz:
Oga mi, i remain loyal. I have rested my poultry passion 97%. My problems are inability to afford vet for my pullet(25pcs, but all sold now), purchase cage, inadequate funds and lack of ready customer base etc. As a part time backyard farmer, i cant go to the market. But am currently raising small amount of cockerel and recently ventured into micro-rabbitry. I have been following quietly, even d Qsat cable brouhaha lol.
Please open a new thread about your rabbitry. I've been looking that way for a long time. Do you use wire mesh for their flooring?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 3:38am On Oct 10, 2014
FarmTech:

Please open a new thread about your rabbitry. I've been looking that way for a long time. Do you use wire mesh for their flooring?
I use wire mesh sir.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 8:09am On Oct 10, 2014
pet01:

I really wonder about these increases, besides the market demand for big eggs only make things worse. Nevertheless we'll continue to forge ahead.

the demand for big eggs is high. i dont know how jos farmers are doing it. they arer flooding abuja with big and cheap eggs. we will keep forging ahead till we get there
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 10, 2014
Effect of Dietary Garlic (Allium sativum) Supplementation as Feed Additive on Broiler Performance and Blood Profile

Abstract

This study was undertaken to investigate the effects of incorporating garlic (Allium sativum) powder, as a growth promoter in broiler feed on growth performance, carcass characteristics and blood profile.

Sixty three day-old commercial broiler chicks (Cobb) were reared in an open sided poultry house and divided into three groups of 21 birds each.

The groups were assigned to three diets containing (0, 3 and 5%) garlic powder. Feed and water were offered ad libitum till the termination of the trial after 42 days.

Growth performance parameters and blood parameters were measured. Diet with 3% level of garlic significantly (P <0.05 increased feed intake (3051.6 g), body weight gain (1688.7 g), body weight (1733.8 g) and achieved the best efficiency of feed utilization (1.81 kg feed for one kg meat).

Dressing percentage showed no significant difference (P>0.05) between the various treatments. The highest breast weight was attained by feeding 3% of garlic (250g) and the lowest weight was attained when feeding 5% level (155g).

No significant difference (P>0.05) in both bursa and thymus weights between the different treatments. Spleen weight decreased significantly (P<0.05) by feeding diets containing 3% (1.01g) and 5% (1.23g) garlic powder compared to 0% level (1.67g).

The different levels of garlic has no significant effect (P>0.05) on total red blood cells, packed cells volume, total white blood cells and the differential count of white blood cells including neutrophile, eosinophile, monocytes and lymphocytes.

It is concluded that the incorporation of garlic as feed additive at 3% level significantly enhanced growth and performance of broiler chicks without any side effects as detected by blood profile.

SOURCE

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by walex084(m): 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2014
samuel25:
yes you can but it means you will have to administer komorov vaccine twice.that's what I always do for the past 3years based on a veterinary Dr advive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nwogbe: 1:42pm On Oct 10, 2014
Pls anybody in da huz that can give me the current prize of farm support day old chicks? I need it ASAP. Thnks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samuel25(m): 1:48pm On Oct 10, 2014
walex084:

yes you can but it means you will have to administer komorov vaccine twice.that's what I always do for the past 3years based on a veterinary Dr advive
God will bless you more, if you know how happy and relieve i am with this answer, only God can reward you for that, thanks so much.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samuel25(m): 1:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
Nwogbe:
Pls anybody in da huz that can give me the current prize of farm support day old chicks? I need it ASAP. Thnks
As at yesterday thursday 170 for broiler directly from them and 180-200 from their agent/distributor.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nwogbe: 11:38am On Oct 11, 2014
samuel25:

As at yesterday thursday 170 for broiler directly from them and 180-200 from their agent/distributor.
Thnks but I was actually asking about DOC layers.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samuel25(m): 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
Nwogbe:

Thnks but I was actually asking about DOC layers.
DOC black Layer is 140 last 2 weeks in farm support and 100 in zartech last thursday. You can call any of these numbers for any info from farm support 02200594
08055897963 it is customer care number but they hardly pick call.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 11, 2014
Pls, do you know any farm in ibadan or southwest nigeria where I can get well trained about poultry, I want to start poultry but I want to have enough knowledge before I start.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jp130(m): 4:08pm On Oct 11, 2014
we r in trouble in uyo o. no feed for birds. nduk uke mbok?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Perpetual459: 5:02pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hi, Pls where do I get 4week old broiler@ikorodu,I wld ve gone for DOC bt I ve no experience in broiler chicks as per d brooding process.
Secondly is it advisable to buy 5month old cockrel@#1000 to be sold in xmas period?which of these feed(broiler finisher,grower mash) do u think will make them grow faster?pls I need ur advice ASAP
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nwogbe: 9:49am On Oct 13, 2014
samuel25:

DOC black Layer is 140 last 2 weeks in farm support and 100 in zartech last thursday. You can call any of these numbers for any info from farm support 02200594
08055897963 it is customer care number but they hardly pick call.
Tnx bro
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ijeoma2728(f): 10:49am On Oct 13, 2014
what a lovely nd educative thread! may God bless the works of our hands. Just got a piece of land nd want to go into poultry biz .
need someone to put me thru,tho still doing my research. I'm based in Benin.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 12:38pm On Oct 13, 2014
samshoz:
I use wire mesh sir.
That's the best.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 1:29pm On Oct 13, 2014
[quote author=FarmTech post=27105
That's the best.[/quote] I have planted some moringa based on your findings, that it has protein and can be fed to rabbits. I also planted some sweet potatoes for same purpose based on my findings. Experimenting what I learnt online. I apologize to my ogas in poultry for deviating the thread slightly. I bought very small quantity of broiler and white cocks yesterday though.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 1:43pm On Oct 13, 2014
Perpetual459:
Hi, Pls where do I get 4week old broiler@ikorodu,I wld ve gone for DOC bt I ve no experience in broiler chicks as per d brooding process.
Secondly is it advisable to buy 5month old cockrel@#1000 to be sold in xmas period?which of these feed(broiler finisher,grower mash) do u think will make them grow faster?pls I need ur advice ASAP
But 5months cockerel is already grown(if well fed with grower mash at the time). Broiler starter from day old to 7-8 wks and finisher until market time. Our ogas may give additional info.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2014
agonbello:
Effect of Dietary Garlic (Allium sativum) Supplementation as Feed Additive on Broiler Performance and Blood Profile

Abstract

This study was undertaken to investigate the effects of incorporating garlic (Allium sativum) powder, as a growth promoter in broiler feed on growth performance, carcass characteristics and blood profile.

Sixty three day-old commercial broiler chicks (Cobb) were reared in an open sided poultry house and divided into three groups of 21 birds each.

The groups were assigned to three diets containing (0, 3 and 5%) garlic powder. Feed and water were offered ad libitum till the termination of the trial after 42 days.

Growth performance parameters and blood parameters were measured. Diet with 3% level of garlic significantly (P <0.05 increased feed intake (3051.6 g), body weight gain (1688.7 g), body weight (1733.8 g) and achieved the best efficiency of feed utilization (1.81 kg feed for one kg meat).

Dressing percentage showed no significant difference (P>0.05) between the various treatments. The highest breast weight was attained by feeding 3% of garlic (250g) and the lowest weight was attained when feeding 5% level (155g).

No significant difference (P>0.05) in both bursa and thymus weights between the different treatments. Spleen weight decreased significantly (P<0.05) by feeding diets containing 3% (1.01g) and 5% (1.23g) garlic powder compared to 0% level (1.67g).

The different levels of garlic has no significant effect (P>0.05) on total red blood cells, packed cells volume, total white blood cells and the differential count of white blood cells including neutrophile, eosinophile, monocytes and lymphocytes.

It is concluded that the incorporation of garlic as feed additive at 3% level significantly enhanced growth and performance of broiler chicks without any side effects as detected by blood profile.

SOURCE
Excelsior(one of my learned mentors on nairaland) said something similar on his thread.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 14, 2014
How long do I hve to feed starter feed to my broilers, someone advised I feed them starter for 6 weeks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Titiladeolu(m): 8:11am On Oct 14, 2014
chilet4cici:
How long do I hve to feed starter feed to my broilers, someone advised I feed them starter for 6 weeks

I don't advise starter for 6weeks,if you feed starter for 6weeks then when will you start finisher and when will you sell the birds? The best option is to feed them starter for 3weeks and finisher for the remaining weeks..

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.