Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (967057 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by aking4ever: 1:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
Thank you all for your kind words, i appreciate , he will start up first week of March, will notify you all , and i will appreciate your support and advise .
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 5:22pm On Jan 14, 2015
AkayTopsy:
Pls still on 3in1 vaccine, can I administer the vaccine on 11weeks old pullet?

NO
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by LaBibiano: 2:04pm On Jan 15, 2015
This is a great thread which I have been reading since last year. Thanks guys for the invaluable info. I intend going into poultry farming this year, I would be doing so in Imo state, pls where is the nearest place to get my DOC, feeds, cages and other farm needs in Imo state. God bless you all. Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 9:24am On Jan 16, 2015
LaBibiano:
This is a great thread which I have been reading since last year. Thanks guys for the invaluable info. I intend going into poultry farming this year, I would be doing so in Imo state, pls where is the nearest place to get my DOC, feeds, cages and other farm needs in Imo state. God bless you all. Thanks.

For your DOC and poultry equipment such as layers cage,drinkers- manual and automatic,feeding trough.we also reduce your farm odour from 100% to 5% using simple and eco friendly technologies.we are experts in agricultural waste handling and utilization.if you are interested in any of our services feel free to contact us on this e-mail.
obnelly2009@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by excess4luv: 11:28pm On Jan 16, 2015
Please i stay in Aba, Abia state, where can i get good good breeds of POL and what is d cost of each, also i need turkey price and treatment
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nwogbe: 1:59pm On Jan 17, 2015
I noticed yesterday that my laying birds of about a yr old wasn't able 2 finish their feed, infact the ate only half of their normal ration. This morning things are still same(low consumption) and hv dropped in production as well. They look quite healthy and are active but I noticed few green droppings in their Penn this morg. What might be wrong with them?
Pls let the gurus in d huz help out here.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 5:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
excess4luv:
Please i stay in Aba, Abia state, where can i get good good breeds of POL and what is d cost of each, also i need turkey price and treatment
POL try animal care @ ogere.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 6:52pm On Jan 17, 2015
Nwogbe:
I noticed yesterday that my laying birds of about a yr old wasn't able 2 finish their feed, infact the ate only half of their normal ration. This morning things are still same(low consumption) and hv dropped in production as well. They look quite healthy and are active but I noticed few green droppings in their Penn this morg. What might be wrong with them?
Pls let the gurus in d huz help out here.
Act fast, u shud hav acted earlier. Give them an antibiotic immediately.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by excess4luv: 8:17pm On Jan 17, 2015
obnelly:

POL try animal care @ ogere.
, bro please i didn't understand u
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by toskilo: 10:02pm On Jan 17, 2015
Please help. We gave fowl pox vaccine to our birds. This is just their second month into lay and fowl pox has affected the eyes of some of them. Gurus in the house, please advice us of the way out. Thank you.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 12:53am On Jan 18, 2015
toskilo:
Please help. We gave fowl pox vaccine to our birds. This is just their second month into lay and fowl pox has affected the eyes of some of them. Gurus in the house, please advice us of the way out. Thank you.
Revaccinate.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kengeorge: 1:34am On Jan 18, 2015
fnk:

Where are you flying from, I will back in the country ny this weekend.

FNK

Happy new year

This is Ken, can't reach you, of course I know why,
Please can you get some nipple drinkers down for me?, I will reimburse you when you return, say 100 dollars worth.

Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nwogbe: 4:57am On Jan 18, 2015
[quote author=FarmTech post=29881847]
Act fast, u shud hav acted earlier. Give them an antibiotic immediately.[/quote
tnx
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by toskilo: 7:00am On Jan 18, 2015
Which antibiotics would clear the fowl pox. Thank you in anticipation.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by condi1704(m): 10:57am On Jan 18, 2015
eaglevirus:
We had to queue for 2hours repeatedly to buy 2bags of feed for a farm that needed 12bags a day at the minimum. and the price of feed went up by 1000naira. It was so bad that our fat birds could now wiggle out of their cages because of weight loss. Some folks could not afford to buy feed at the current rate and had to sell of their layers for meet as they where not even laying again to assist in feeding.
In all I felt happy being associated in the whole mess as I made new farmer friends at the queue for feed. I have a good job already, I bring the cash my brother runs the farm and I assists when I am around.
We are now making arrangement to start feed distribution so we can have a say in the matter when the axe drops hard again like it did last year. This is our first time in poultry biz, we are hope full cos we wanna make a difference.
I got my resolve to start the farm after reading this thread over and over again, thanks guys.
my brother. in situation like this u need to network. there are some states where feed were not scarce like Oyo state especially in Ibadan. u just have to make contact and get your feed transported maximum of 24 hrs. then save itself of loss. pls join WWW. agricnetwork.com. at leat u get the experience now. keep moving.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by endy247(f): 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2015
@farmtech pls which feed do u use for ur birds, i've abt a thousand birds @ 5weeks and i'm currently using vital feed starter bt i don't want to continue wit it, i heard top feeds is better. Pls ur advice is needed.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 3:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
toskilo:
Which antibiotics would clear the fowl pox. Thank you in anticipation.
Dont waste time, revaccinate immediately. After vaccination you can use neoceryl plus. Check out this link: http://www.researchgate.net/publication/235793441_The_effects_of_vaccination_antibiotic_and_vitamin_therapy_on_some_clinical_parameters_associated_with_natural_outbreak_of_fowlpox_in_chickens
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 3:44pm On Jan 18, 2015
endy247:
@farmtech pls which feed do u use for ur birds, i've abt a thousand birds @ 5weeks and i'm currently using vital feed starter bt i don't want to continue wit it, i heard top feeds is better. Pls ur advice is needed.
I use mostly vital feed but people say top is better. But the problem is that top is scarce sometimes in my area, so I've not used it. It is more costly too.
Do you still sell eggs @newparts?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by utchlady: 9:29pm On Jan 18, 2015
Good evening all, I just started construction of my poultry farm also I am having difficulty

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by utchlady: 9:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
Good evening all, I just started construction of my poultry farm also I am having difficulty GETTING POINT OF LAY. Please can someone assist urgently. Thank you.

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 18, 2015
utchlady:
Good evening all, I just started construction of my poultry farm also I am having difficulty GETTING POINT OF LAY. Please can someone assist urgently. Thank you.
location?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by utchlady: 9:38pm On Jan 18, 2015
My poultry is in Lagos, or do you advise I start with DOC, how can I get doc or pol especially.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 18, 2015
utchlady:
My poultry is in Lagos, or do you advise I start with DOC, how can I get doc or pol especially.
its beta to start with POL cos it is less risky and less stressful, but make sure u get dem frm a reliable farm. I suggest HOPE farm in IB.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 18, 2015
utchlady:
Good evening all, I just started construction of my poultry farm also I am having difficulty

i tot we were advised on this forum not to use fence as part of poultry house as it wil prevent cross ventillation? also i think ur blocks are already higher than where it should be.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 1:25am On Jan 19, 2015
kengeorge:

FNK

Happy new year

This is Ken, can't reach you, of course I know why,
Please can you get some nipple drinkers down for me?, I will reimburse you when you return, say 100 dollars worth.

Thanks

Sorry my brother, I came back Saturday evening, just saw this message now, too late.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 7:33am On Jan 19, 2015
endy247:

like farmtech said, topfeed is good. that is what am using but the cost is high. for layers we buy N2,400(plus transportation) but you can get other feed below N2,300. am considering changing to other products(supreme, hybird, livestock) or i will mill my own feed.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 7:40am On Jan 19, 2015
utchlady:

you are doing well. please reduce the height of the block. you need to increase the air movement in your pen since the fence is already part of the pen.

also if you are going for a long term business, i will advice you to start with DOC. but if you need qucik cash and you have the money go for POL but ENSURE i say ENSURE you buy from a reputable farm.

success
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by utchlady: 9:55am On Jan 19, 2015
mercylicious:

i tot we were advised on this forum not to use fence as part of poultry house as it wil prevent cross ventillation? also i think ur blocks are already higher than where it should be.

I actually memtioned my worries about the blocks being high but the floor will be filled which will now bring it up. Because of parking space we had to join it to the fence and also the wind there is usually high.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by utchlady: 9:56am On Jan 19, 2015
justified19:
location?

Lagos Ayobo to be precise.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by utchlady: 9:57am On Jan 19, 2015
justified19:
its beta to start with POL cos it is less risky and less stressful, but make sure u get dem frm a reliable farm. I suggest HOPE farm in IB.

Please do you have their contacts so i can do some findings via phone before i visit?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by utchlady: 9:58am On Jan 19, 2015
jamp:

you are doing well. please reduce the height of the block. you need to increase the air movement in your pen since the fence is already part of the pen.

also if you are going for a long term business, i will advice you to start with DOC. but if you need qucik cash and you have the money go for POL but ENSURE i say ENSURE you buy from a reputable farm.

success

Thanks a lot and any advise on where i can source for either of the two?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 10:44am On Jan 19, 2015
toskilo:

LoL nothing to stress yourself about mortality is low .Give them good antibiotics it will dry off and clean your surroundings get rid of stagnant water.
Good luck and happy farming.

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.