Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,547 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (964031 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Keziehenry(m): 2:31pm On Dec 27, 2014
doctormalik:
Hello house, anybody that needs CHI specific day old chicks should contact me. We can get it for you within 48hrs of booking instead of the normal long time waiting. My contact is 08038619766.
how much dos a day old cost
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 27, 2014
Keziehenry:

how much dos a day old cost
pullet or broiler
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Keziehenry(m): 6:31am On Dec 28, 2014
doctormalik:
pullet or broiler
broiler
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm(m): 12:21pm On Dec 28, 2014
Matured Broilers for sale. Abuja or Nassarawa resident. Broilers with average weight of 2.6kg well fed and fully breasted. contact 08035038061.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by alexander007(m): 3:27pm On Dec 28, 2014
how to carry of broilar for just 7 weeks old of sold. [if any answer write
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 28, 2014
Keziehenry:

broiler

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eaglevirus: 1:25am On Dec 30, 2014
knowledge4:
Do poultry farming especially layers chicken farming and you will not regret it...Guaranteed!
Do not listen to those who tell you that it is an impossible business or a gamble.It is monumental ignorance to say so.That story belongs to the past.These days, many are doing it better informed and are getting better results without stress.
You will do well in it if you know the variables that make it work and put the right structures in place.
Layers Chicken farming for egg production is one of the most viable small scale businesses in Nigeria and the easiest to set up
The market for eggs is guaranteed in Nigeria. It is a large and inexhaustible market.
The demand for eggs is above the supply.The poultry business is a growing market far from saturation
For valuable free details about the potentialities in chicken farming in Nigeria and how to set up and operate profitably,visit the 1st signature below
With N1million, you can start with 500 layers.Half million naira for the fixtures and half million naira for the operating/running cost. One person can handle a 500 layers chicken farm if he is hard working.
A healthy layers chicken will lay eggs daily for more than a year and you will sell the layer chicken at the end of egg production for N1000.00

You can also do broiler chicken farming for meat production
They can be sold at 7 weeks old @ N900.00 minimum
U may rear up to 12-14 weeks and sell during Christmas for N3000.00
If you know the right feeding techniques for broilers, you are sure to make 75% to 100% profits
Rearing them for Christmas, start from mid September to 1st week October and by mid December, they are matured for sale
]

Please what is the right feeding technique for broilers.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by REUBEN010(m): 3:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
Hello house, pls I need fertile hatchable eggs for broilers and pullets. Am in Uyo and will appreciate any references if u hav any.

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Trueigbo: 8:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
I want to bring DOC by jan and I want to raise them using supreme feed cos top feed is expensive.

Has anybody used supreme feed before? How is d feed
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Trueigbo: 6:53pm On Dec 31, 2014
Trueigbo:
I want to bring DOC by jan and I want to raise them using supreme feed cos top feed is expensive.

Has anybody used supreme feed before? How is d feed
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fogechi: 10:27pm On Jan 01, 2015
Is it good to use broiler starter instead layers mash to raise DOC pullets
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by babamaniac: 12:26am On Jan 02, 2015
I have an half plot of land which I intend to use for a poultry. I want to know if its enough to house 1000birds of layers?I also want to know the likely cost of project.Note I want to start with birds that are due for laying eggs.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 02, 2015
babamaniac:
I have an half plot of land which I intend to use for a poultry. I want to know if its enough to house 1000birds of layers?I also want to know the likely cost of project.Note I want to start with birds that are due for laying eggs.

Half plot will be enough if you are sure that buildings are not so close to the land so as to allow for proper cross ventilation for the birds. You can also contact me for your point of lay birds when you are ready.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 02, 2015
fogechi:

Well, it's better to use chick mash for your pullets though I know some farmers who use broiler starter.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fishleg123: 8:46am On Jan 02, 2015
happy new year to all farmers in the house. I have 200 pullets and they 3months old. they eat 12.5kg of grower's mesh daily. I just want to be sure whether they are eating enough or not.
Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 3:29pm On Jan 02, 2015
fishleg123. 3 months could be anything between 12 and 14 weeks. At 12 weeks, 300 birds should be consuming 15.6kg of feeds daily, 16.2kg/daily at 13 weeks and 16.8kg at 14 weeks. Success

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 3:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
fogechi. Irrespective of type of birds, you are to start with broiler starter. As pointed out by someone above, you may or may not switch to Chicks mash after 2 weeks on Starter. Success

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Bishiie(m): 4:53pm On Jan 02, 2015
Are you thinking of a profitable business to do in 2015?
Are you within Ikeja, Berger, Redeem, Shagamu, Abeokuta or Ibadan axis?
Can you engage in inter state business?
With our poultry capacity..... LOSAYI FARM will meet your need in terms of
-Egg of any quantity
-Cockerel

For more information and booking please contact
BB Pin: 33161CD3

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fogechi: 9:04pm On Jan 02, 2015
Eggcelent:
fogechi. Irrespective of type of birds, you are to start with broiler starter. As pointed out by someone above, you may or may not switch to Chicks mash after 2 weeks on Starter. Success

thanks eggcelent. please are u saying I can start with broiler starter and change after 2 weeks or 4 weeks to chick mash
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 02, 2015
Hello all. This is a great thread.

I have passion for this. In 2013 April to be precise I bought about 5 of them and rear them in my balcony. U can imagine. My parent reared it too. Like 2 to 5. We don't vaccinate them and we just give them our regular food rice and the likes.

Am looking for a plot or half plot to buy for this purpose and grow from there.

Have the following questions:

Am married and my husband easily put me off my desires, told him of this since but he just said no way. The one I did in my balcony he naged and naged but in the end he ate the larger portion of the meat and even gave out one to his people. I believe I can prove him right that I can do it. Can I go ahead and find half a plot and start with like 200 PCs? As I am tired of working need a business.

How many chicks can I conveniently rear on half plot of land?

Is ikorodu too far for a married woman living in Lagos mainland?

I have an offer for a land after Ibadan , have families that can manager and look after the farm manager butchunby said no way, cos I won't be able to manage it myself, does this make sense?

Finally question, my hubby made enquiries and he was told I better go to depo and get eggs and sell instead of having a poultry, is this OK as well?

Tired of going to the office and I don't want to end this 2015 same was other years had ended.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sleekman(m): 7:59am On Jan 03, 2015
utchlady:

But you once said you got your on formula which is virus shield and you gave it to your birds (in water) and they didn't die., haba
so what if he has developed a vaccine he's still trying 2 perfect? Isn't it his prerogative 2 sell/distribute freely/withhold his choice? Please this is not a thread 4 attacks. We've discussed a lot of stuff on this thread so feel free 2 read through and research what works 4u and stop being an attack lazy dog. You no even beg am sef na attack u begin dey attack am. E be like say u no see christmas chicken chop. @fnk abeg send am belated xmas broiler. smiley

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 8:09am On Jan 03, 2015
fogechi. Yes. That's my point.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 03, 2015
@kemi, b4 d experts come in to advise you, first thing is to get the consent of your husband. i have seen thos kind of thing scatter marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 7:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
olubankemi:

I have passion for this. In 2013 April to be precise I bought about 5 of them and rear them in my balcony. U can imagine. My parent reared it too. Like 2 to 5. We don't vaccinate them and we just give them our regular food rice and the likes.

Am married and my husband easily put me off my desires, told him of this since but he just said no way. The one I did in my balcony he naged and naged but in the end he ate the larger portion of the meat and even gave out one to his people. I believe I can prove him right that I can do it. Can I go ahead and find half a plot and start with like 200 PCs? As I am tired of working need a business.

I have an offer for a land after Ibadan , have families that can manager and look after the farm manager butchunby said no way, cos I won't be able to manage it myself, does this make sense?

Finally question, my hubby made enquiries and he was told I better go to depo and get eggs and sell instead of having a poultry, is this OK as well?

Tired of going to the office and I don't want to end this 2015 same was other years had ended.
@olubankemi, it is true that the poultry business is a very good and profitable one, but you need to have the full support of your husband to be able to progress. The reason some people might not tell you is that the business is not that easy, you are not going to start today and start making money, so, if you quit your job, know that you are going to relay on your husband's income for some time before the poultry can pick up. So, let it be a joint agreement because you are going to need him.
I have said this in some of my post here, that poultry farming can be very challenging in the beginning if that is your only source of income., thus,mid you quit your job and your husband's income is going to be the only income in the family, you are going to need to work with him. And also the truth is that if you are going to make a real business out of this, it is going to cost you money.

So, my advise, keep logging him, go into the egg distribution as he suggested and that will also bring you closer to the industry, don't just buy from egg depots but go to farms and buy from there, you can bet it cheaper but most importantly, you get to interact with farmer, learn about the business, know more about the challenges and the opportunities. This will help you know well what you are going into, and also I will advise that on one of your trips to buy egg at the farm, invit your husband to go with you, this way he too will see with you've seen, and who knows, he might change his mind and give you the support that you need.

I know a couple that did what you are trying to do, the wife quit her job from the bank and started a farm, months later the husband joined her, their farm grow big, they sustained their family from the income from the farm, trained their children through university and send them overseas. So, it is doable but you need the agreement and support for each other.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 7:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
sleekman:
so what if he has developed a vaccine he's still trying 2 perfect? Isn't it his prerogative 2 sell/distribute freely/withhold his choice? Please this is not a thread 4 attacks. We've discussed a lot of stuff on this thread so feel free 2 read through and research what works 4u and stop being an attack lazy dog. You no even beg am sef na attack u begin dey attack am. E be like say u no see christmas chicken chop. @fnk abeg send am belated xmas broiler. smiley

@sleekman, how was your holidays, hope all is well with everyone here. Thank you for coming to my aid, we can all learn from each other here, I think I have given General premises of my stuff here, some might have been able to pick on it but others might be wanting me to just spell it out. I am sure there are people here that have better stuff than I do. They might not just be talking but they are good. One cool thing about this our thread, is that we are not all conglomerates, most of us are mom and pop, there are so much info in this thread that you can get to any hieght in this poultry business. So, I think we should take what we have been given, add our own innovation to it and run with it.

I have learned a lot this past year, and hope to do better this new year. Am I making money yet? For how much I have invested into my poultry, and still investing, Noooooooooo!!! Very far from it.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2015
Fnk, longest tym. How is broiler biz going? Am thinking of adding broilers to my farm but I need to get the market first.
fnk:

@sleekman, how was your holidays, hope all is well with everyone here. Thank you for coming to my aid, we can all learn from each other here, I think I have given General premises of my stuff here, some might have been able to pick on it but others might be wanting me to just spell it out. I am sure there are people here that have better stuff than I do. They might not just be talking but they are good. One cool thing about this our thread, is that we are not all conglomerates, most of us are mom and pop, there are so much info in this thread that you can get to any hieght in this poultry business. So, I think we should take what we have been given, add our own innovation to it and run with it.
I have learned a lot this past year, and hope to do better this new year. Am I making money yet? For how much I have invested into my poultry, and still investing, Noooooooooo!!! Very far from it.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
@Fnk, thank you very much. You are so detailed in your advise and the time you set aside to write this is appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 2:56pm On Jan 04, 2015
fogechi:
If u use layers mash for chicks, the high calcium content will cause kidney failure and they'll die. Use broiler starter.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sleekman(m): 10:19pm On Jan 04, 2015
fnk:

@fnk thank God 4 his bountiful mercies and d opportunity 2c another new year. Had a quiet halls with lots of reflection. Are u in d country? Yeah we all have learned 4rm eachother this past year save 4d data loss we experienced in d 1st or 2nd quarter. I believe nairaland has afforded people d opportunity 2 learn, explore, invent and innovate better. For those of you who didn't get 2 read lost data then perhaps u'll want 2 explore morianga seeds, dry pawpaw seeds, garlic, oregano, guava leaves(fresh shoots), mint and basil. That's what I can remember. I think there may be others. @jamp, @fnk et al u can help me out here. Focus of this thread is trying 2 explore organic remedies for disease prevention in poultry. There are various journals online u can explore 2 improve d health of ur poultry. Thank you.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sleekman(m): 10:48pm On Jan 04, 2015
olubankemi:

My advice is this
1. Draw up a biz plan complete with a business model.
2. Make sure ur model is based on backward integration.
3. Execute ur plan and cross check as u execute.

NB. Backward integration is when u start by distributing eggs thereby establishing a market and then u slowly work backwards 2 establish d poultry biz proper. U can as well forward integrate by converting d eggs 2 powder for bakers etc.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Hadehxenmadyl: 11:20pm On Jan 04, 2015
Are you looking forward to starting a new business on Poultry Farming ? And worried on how to carry it out , well your days of worries are gone . If you need the latest factor of production which is Information on any agriculture issues , You can contact our league of Expert towards assisting directly at our IM ibrahimdeji@gmail.com . And we are gladly and ready towards assisting you .
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dozieihems: 11:58pm On Jan 04, 2015
I need advice on the way forward i purchace two plots of land can it be able to contain 5000 layers?that is my projection of layer for the two plots of land,i want to start small and grow pls can someone help me with good poultry plan am jst starting new and i was told that good poultry plan contribute to 40% of survive of the birds house pls assit me on how to establish the poultry farm

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.