Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,499 members, 7,840,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

African Migrants Abandon The American Dream - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / African Migrants Abandon The American Dream (14638 Views)

The Pathetic Condition Of Nigerian & Black African Migrants Stranded In Morocco / Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. / Winning The US Lottery & Losing Faith In American Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by hardbody: 3:26pm On Apr 08, 2011
@snowdrops

Ghana is generally better than 9ja, i must confess. Steady light and water supply, the streets are safer (i stay at Osu) although in the night i always getthe impression i might be attacked (it exists in my head obviously because the streets are generally quiet and i love walking around at night, even back here in Lagos). The streets are evenly tarred and you dont bump into garbage (unlike Lagos, Aba, etc). What interests me most is that they generally give you the impression that they are honest (not to say you wount find a few that may be bad oo) but them girls too fat.

Ehmmm, what else ooo ok, i remember, they are scared that Ibo boys (and i am one by the way) are swarming them and it is just but a while Nigerians will take over their economy so they are coming up with laws and 'attitudes' that will discourage any such influx. and yes generally, the average Ghanian is very friendly but could also be stubborn. My impression though
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by kabukabu50(m): 3:35pm On Apr 08, 2011
buzugee:

but you dont hate the fact that the germans hate you that much too  grin grin grin grin grin so long as you dey see euro chop you go conveniently tuck ya pride  and patriotism inside ya pocket. or maybe you will rather be hated by a white man than a black man ? racial pride issues ? self esteem issues ? i just dey yank ya chain bruv grin

I call bullcrap on everything you say,on any given post that has comparisons of living in Nigeria to any "foreign" country,you're there.Uk,US,Australia,Germany,China,Japan,France,Italy,Russia,Mexico,Spain, and the one common catchphrase that you always utter is "Its worse than Naija" in all respects.You fail to understand that we are all individuals that have different preferences and choices,its ok if you don't like living abroad,but as you know some choose to,and some don't.If you weren't able to apply yourself successfully in your "journeys" thats fine,for those who have,I do believe and stand by the fact that they choose to stay.

You conveniently seem to forget how extremely tribalistic Nigerians are,and I'm not even reffering to the major conflicts between Hausas,Fulanis,Yourbas and Igbos,the hate even permeates down to sub groups and even people from towns just a stones throw apart .
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by kabukabu50(m): 3:40pm On Apr 08, 2011
The fundamental problems in Nigeria will not change in our generation,no amount of "pride" or "pariotism" WILL change that.The Old guard still has a firm grip on how business gets done in Nigeria,in every aspect of Nigerian soceity.Living on the brink of social chaos in not considered as fun or drama,if I want to live on the edge,I'll flip on an Action flick.I'm pretty sure the hundreds of folks slain in Jos,Kano and other areas lately would have glady loved to have the choice to live somewhere else.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 3:41pm On Apr 08, 2011
kabukabu50:

I call bullcrap on everything you say,on any given post that has comparisons of living in Nigeria to any "foreign" country,you're there.Uk,US,Australia,Germany,China,Japan,France,Italy,Russia,Mexico,Spain, and the one common catchphrase that you always utter is "Its worse than Naija" in all respects.You fail to understand that we are all individuals that have different preferences and choices,its ok if you don't like living abroad,but as you know some choose to,and some don't.If you weren't able to apply yourself successfully in your "journeys" thats fine,for those who have,I do believe and stand by the fact that they choose to stay.

You conveniently seem to forget how extremely tribalistic Nigerians are,and I'm not even reffering to the major conflicts between Hausas,Fulanis,Yourbas and Igbos,the hate even permeates down to sub groups and even people from towns just a stones throw apart .
ogunfe dey talk, kpomo come put mouth say him get idea  angry
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by kabukabu50(m): 3:45pm On Apr 08, 2011
buzugee:

ogunfe dey talk, kpomo come put mouth say him get idea angry

Precisely what I thought you would say grin grin grin.Now who would want to have some ethnic snob like you as a "fellow compatriot"
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by kabukabu50(m): 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2011
buzugee:

ogunfe dey talk, kpomo come put mouth say him get idea angry

If anyone does completely buy into your "facts" your resolve is to diminish them or dehumanize them, You did not have to be a white man to do that,did you?

You are part of the problem,you have bought into your own idea of what is "acceptable norm" that you cant ration or entertain fresh ideas.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Bavarian: 3:50pm On Apr 08, 2011
@buzegee

smiley No yawa at all, actually there´s racism everywhere and with my own experiance, blacks that hate us treat us worse than white people. Honestly, I don´t have issues here at all  & Germans are law-abiding, quite & very shy people & sometimes people mistake their reservness & shyness to racism. You see, they´re naturally not very outgoing people & not as friendly as the British but they´re honest, humble, less racist, neutral and very straight forward so you see it if they don´t like you. UNLESS! you go to premitive cities in the east or some parts of east berlin.

Munich is really ok and you can do your thing here, it´s a big time tourist & international city (although very expensive)  because you have the high density of high income earners living in this city but you can feel at home a lot here with immigrants from all over the world. For example, I run a Shipping agency, Export & Auto Dealing company here & I´ve got very very bad experience with Ghanaians more that other Africans grin I deal with Germans, British, French, East europeans, Asians, Latin & North americans, Carribeans, etc and the worst experience with clients have come from Ghanaians, infact I´ve had better relationships with Francophone African bros than Ghanaians.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 3:56pm On Apr 08, 2011
kabukabu50:

Precisely what I thought you would say grin grin grin.Now who would want to have some ethnic snob like you as a "fellow compatriot"
grin i am far from an ethnic snob my fellow compadre. i do not espouse the virtues of one location over the other. all i am saying is that as nubians, we are tropical people, we have a spiritual linkage to afriKA. thats all am saying. you cant fully live until you bring your soul home. stop EXISTING in atlanta you sumbitch grin grin
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by cap28: 3:57pm On Apr 08, 2011
Ive always wondered how black people who live outside the UK in europe cope, im not saying the UK is great, the racism here is not open its more institutionalised thereby giving the impression that its a fair country but in places like france, italy and germany its more in your face,as for the former eastern bloc - i hear its a no go area for blacks unless you dont mind being called racist names to your face.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 3:59pm On Apr 08, 2011
kabukabu50:

If anyone does completely buy into your "facts" your resolve is to diminish them or dehumanize them, You did not have to be a white man to do that,did you?

You are part of the problem,you have bought into your own idea of what is "acceptable norm" that you cant ration or entertain[b] fresh i[/b]deas.
what needs to be refreshed here is the point you are tryna make cuz you completely lost me. pass me a walking stick brother. am i my brothers keeper ?
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 4:03pm On Apr 08, 2011
Bavarian:

@buzegee

smiley No yawa at all, actually there´s racism everywhere and with my own experiance, blacks that hate us treat us worse than white people. Honestly, I don´t have issues here at all  & Germans are law-abiding, quite & very shy people & sometimes people mistake their reservness & shyness to racism. You see, they´re naturally not very outgoing people & not as friendly as the British but they´re honest, humble, less racist, neutral and very straight forward so you see it if they don´t like you. UNLESS! you go to premitive cities in the east or some parts of east berlin.

Munich is really ok and you can do your thing here, it´s a big time tourist & international city (although very expensive)  because you have the high density of high income earners living in this city but you can feel at home a lot here with immigrants from all over the world. For example, I run a Shipping agency, Export & Auto Dealing company here & I´ve got very very bad experience with Ghanaians more that other Africans grin I deal with Germans, British, French, East europeans, Asians, Latin & North americans, Carribeans, etc and the worst experience with clients have come from Ghanaians, infact I´ve had better relationships with Francophone African bros than Ghanaians.
am with you bavarian. munich sounds like one helluva place. do what you do chief. make that paper. sounds like you are in cosmopolitan heaven. i might check it out sometime. ill come do 2 weeks out there.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 4:08pm On Apr 08, 2011
cap28:

Ive always wondered how black people who live outside the UK in europe cope, im not saying the UK is great, the racism here is not open its more institutionalised thereby giving the impression that its a fair country but in places like france, italy and germany its more in your face,as for the former eastern bloc - i hear its a no go area for blacks unless you dont mind being called racist names to your face.

yeah i had a rude awakening in dusseldorf germany. i went to a restaurant and they wouldnt serve me. of course this was the nineties. i had to slink out of that restaurant in shame after sitting for 30 minutes after everyone around me got served including all those who came after me. then it sunk in, dude they dont serve black people in germany  shocked so i skedaddled and never came back.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Outstrip(f): 4:25pm On Apr 08, 2011
People need to start living within their means. Start with not making only 60,000 a year but yet live in a huge house that you do not even bother to clean or drive the biggest SUV you can find. There is nothing wrong with living in a $100,000.00 home but have $100,000.00 in the bank. Anyway I know most Nigerians in diaspora will not listen to this so who cares
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by cap28: 4:28pm On Apr 08, 2011
buzugee:

yeah i had a rude awakening in dusseldorf germany. i went to a restaurant and they wouldnt serve me. of course this was the nineties. i had to slink out of that restaurant in shame after sitting for 30 minutes after everyone around me got served including all those who came after me. then it sunk it, dude they dont serve black people in germany shocked so i skedaddled and never came back.

wow, sorry to hear that bruv, this is why i have only been to one place in europe - malta, because i feel if i have to spend my hard earned money its not going to go to a bunch of ungrateful racist crackas.  I hear it is not uncommon for such things to happen in those nasty eastern bloc european countries too where a lot of africans are beaten up and racialy abused,but i suspected  that germany would be like too this as i have relatives who lived there briefly and were unable to get decent jobs while there.  Also blacks in italy and france are treated like crap and are only able to get low paid crap jobs.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by dayokanu(m): 4:37pm On Apr 08, 2011
Interesting
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 4:54pm On Apr 08, 2011
cap28:

wow, sorry to hear that bruv, this is why i have only been to one place in europe - malta, because i feel if i have to spend my hard earned money its not going to go to a bunch of ungrateful racist crackas.  I hear it is not uncommon for such things to happen in those nasty eastern bloc european countries too where a lot of africans are beaten up and racialy abused,but i suspected  that germany would be like too this as i have relatives who lived there briefly and were unable to get decent jobs while there.  Also blacks in italy and france are treated like crap and are only able to get low paid crap jobs.

it is what it is bruv. i am totally over that episode. hopefully the place is a changed place now but i do not intend to find out. grin
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by OmichaelO: 5:05pm On Apr 08, 2011
Nice topic, i like it!!!
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by nethacker(m): 5:23pm On Apr 08, 2011
Only liberians n kenyans can run back home anyway.wat is it that they hv in their country sef? grin grin
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Tilapiah(m): 5:31pm On Apr 08, 2011
I don't blame people running back to Africa. However, except you want to go into politics, I don't think it's a wise thing to go back to nigeria at the moment. I would wait till after the elections were done and dusted. Nigeria is a crazy place to live during General Elections.

In 1993 , a lot of people ran back abroad because of June 12 saga. i hope we don't experience such again this time.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 6:05pm On Apr 08, 2011
O.michael.O:

Nice topic, i like it!!!
my fellow area boy grin grin
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by tlops(m): 6:29pm On Apr 08, 2011
9jas no de give up, no leaving till the oyinbos begin to leave.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by kabukabu50(m): 6:31pm On Apr 08, 2011
buzugee:

grin i am far from an ethnic snob my fellow compadre. i do not espouse the virtues of one location over the other. all i am saying is that as nubians, we are tropical people, we have a spiritual linkage to afriKA. thats all am saying. you cant fully live until you bring your soul home. stop EXISTING in atlanta you sumbitch grin grin

Sumbitch wink winkNice, Is that what you just learned in Agege grin
Too cute.
Probably picked up the term while pushing some foreign dignitaries car through the flood waters of your Lagosian slum.

Anyway,you can take your "nubian" soul and shove it up your piehole.Compadre grin
And while you are at it,wash it all down with some satchet of ignorance, aka Agege Water.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Thirst4Lif: 6:34pm On Apr 08, 2011
If you can provide a service people can pay for, you won't regret living in Europe or North America. Having a job-a-job mentality for too long does not make you financially independent . Work for some time ( 1-6 years ) and set up a business. You won't regret it.

Excellent advice!
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Thirst4Lif: 6:39pm On Apr 08, 2011
and how much fun you can have with a lot of tall beautiful blonde girls & party life

They see you as a novelty. Like an exotic pet.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 6:42pm On Apr 08, 2011
kabukabu50:

Sumbitch wink winkNice, Is that what you just learned in Agege grin
Too cute.
Probably picked up the term while pushing some foreign dignitaries car through the flood waters of your Lagosian slum.

Anyway,you can take your "nubian" soul and shove it up your piehole.Compadre grin
And while you are at it,wash it all down with some satchet of ignorance, aka Agege Water.
how about i take my nubian soul and shove it up your batty you downlown ATL brother grin why you aint tell us exactly why you chose ATL ? more conducive to your downlow brother existence ? grin grin and quit wearing them pink shirts too
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 6:44pm On Apr 08, 2011
Thirst4Lif:

They see you as a novelty. Like an exotic pet.
thats not entirely accurate. it is a preference for a lot of white ladies. the black skin is like bronze. a 'wanted'commodity by all the damsels in the land.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 6:47pm On Apr 08, 2011
as yall know i am a hacker. just got a picture of kabukabu50 from his hard drive.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this nicca is ATL downlow fasho
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by omanzo02: 7:31pm On Apr 08, 2011
Redman44:

If you can provide a service people can pay for, you won't regret living in Europe or North America. Having a job-a-job mentality for too long does not make you financially independent sad sad sad.  Work for some time ( 1-6 years ) and set up a business. You won't regret it. Cheers.

Dude,

That philosophy is so true, Been living in Europe for some years and I have'nt experience any form racism or racial comment and gesture toward me. The fact is, Western europe communities is a place of idea and standard, If u can demostrate that u are someone with productive ideas and standard, u will get the respect u deserve from the people around u. In social interaction, a good logical control of what u are talking will get u far, change perceptions and attract people to want to listen to u and even want to even make friends with u. What amaze me sometimes is that, I have more extreem rights european friends than liberals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Experience On A Trip To Ghana!.... / Nigeria Is Sixth Most Dangerous Place To Live / Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.