Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,451 members, 7,850,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:21 AM

African Migrants Abandon The American Dream - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / African Migrants Abandon The American Dream (14665 Views)

The Pathetic Condition Of Nigerian & Black African Migrants Stranded In Morocco / Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. / Winning The US Lottery & Losing Faith In American Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by thameamead(f): 11:11am On Apr 09, 2011

Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by kushe: 11:41am On Apr 09, 2011
@hardbody

una never see anything,boys are waking up seriously in jand and are heading back home to take the reins of future opportunities. i am currently a member of an african think tank seeking investment opportunities in africa and some of my guys are from sierra leone,equitorial guinea,angola and zambia.we just met a namibian chick and the common denominator id that we are all professionals in the financial services sector with our eyes on the future of africa.

and besides if we dont come back,who is going to live in all those empty properties in 1004,oniru and lekki phase 1.secondly,london is not particularly a good place to raise kids above 8 yrs of age.''esu fe gba ijoba ni ilu yii'' like one of my aunties says.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by allanohize(m): 12:11pm On Apr 09, 2011
@kushe

Abeg, Kushe, I am also a member of one such group and we seem to share the same objectives. Give me a holla on teslinbrazil@gmail.com and we can see if we can work together. wink
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 12:13pm On Apr 09, 2011
@bidemi12, preciate the enlightenment bruv.

@ kabukabu50, quit being a loquacious and belligerent fellow  grin
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 12:20pm On Apr 09, 2011
MAURI:

@Buzugee

Buz men,

I was just wondering, if the same thing happen to you in Naija, wld you have reacted in the same manner?
I wld have called them to order, your reaction was conform their expectations. They want to make you feel inferior and you gave in by walking away, and not letting them know you do not fit their stereotype of black people. Stand up for your self and demand to be served like any other customer, that has come there with his dough.
I work in an environment where majority of the people I interact with are Europeans (Oyinbos), lol. The nature of my work entails working in projects, I have observed, that when some people walk into meeting rooms with me for the first time without knowing me, they get sort of taken aback, 'cos they are not familiar with meeting coloured people in such settings. (It's a natural animalistic reflex). (It's like bumping into an Oyinbo in the middle of the night walking the streets of Ajegunle). Then they get curious, and go like,  "where in the US are you from?" (Oyinbo indirect tactics of asking where you are from),  And I am like,  Nope, I am Nigerian. The moral of my story is, whether they like it or not, they are forced to adjust their position about people from specific race. But we need to stand up and demand our place in the face of adversaries.
bruv, the 2000s is the civilized era. in the nineties germany was known for having truckloads of skinheads that go around lynching and beating up people of color. you think only me ( the only black person in the whole of dusseldorf at that point in time. i didnt see one single black person ) will risk my life in a country full of skinheads just to prove a point so that the skinheads can tie my neck in a noose and hang me from a german oak tree ? grin you dey crase lol

my situation and the one you described about you in an office are two different things.
1, you are in a cultured environment. me i am in the middle of frustrated working class minimum wage angy germans
2, you are in a place where there are many black people (usa ). me, i was probably the only black face in a city full of like 1 million people.

now personally i wouldnt have had any reason to go to dusseldorf (never even heard of the place) but in my travels through germany, i lost my passport, and the only british consular in germany was in dusseldorf. hence why i went there in the first place. to replace my passport. not to try and be a martyr grin
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by lovejo(m): 12:22pm On Apr 09, 2011
@ Kushe.

What is your area of specialization in financial sector, i'm doing some course to get qualify soon, and i have been thinking of moving to UK for training.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 12:37pm On Apr 09, 2011
kushe:

@y'all

as I get older,i ponder on the inequalities in life and sometimes i feel we all comment based on perception and hear say.I hav lived in the UK for most of my adult life and my conclusion is eldorado got no location.I am extremely comfortable but I hav relatives,friends,church folk that i can hardly say the same about and sometimes i ask myself serious questions.

Was I born in the UK?I was born in lagos,went to an FGC,started uni in naija but stopped after a few months and went to college for A levels in London after which i got into uni in jand and i hav been there ever since.but i look back at several ppl i hav known in the past 16 years of living here and my conclusion,life is a journey and like rungs of a ladder we are all placed at different points in our journey,some have it tough,others quite easy,but the way u think ultimately determines who u are and what spot u will occupy on the ladder.

i cant relate to a lot of the hardship i read here cos till i wrote my last paper in uni,funds were only a phone call away,and i wasnt spoilt,but my parents were and are quite comfortable,but after uni,gbam,they boned me.Thank goodness i had the mindset of ascending the ladder and quick,cos i didnt complain but dove headlong into the system to see what it could do for me.I havent regretted being here one day.

But i will share a few tales with u guys,had a close naija friend we was in college doing a levels together,born and bred in london and sent to naija in secondary school for being too stubborn.after a levels he was like,f, k this sh, t.and he started working full time and partying hard.somewhere along the line,life crept up on him and he started a family,and they live in a council estate around dulwich,and during a recent visit after xmas,he admitted he messed up when it counted the most and blamed his current life on the choices he made back then.

how can u ascend the ladder in a foreign country without special skills or an entrepreneurial acumen that stands out?i know british ppl that are the scum of the earth,white oyinbo sad excuse for 'matter',spend their entire life at the pub and waiting for grants kind of ppl,how much more,an african immigrant,usually illegit,or those on a wild goose chase here thinking once i am past the gates of heathrow,faajii ti bere niyen.

i hav a lot of naija friends in london who hav done very well for themselves,some moved to other countries,some lost their jobs during the meltdown,some are just starting all over  again,but unfortunately,i know more that it is difficult to have a conversation with cos they just dont get it and now we are all in our mid thirties.life is what u make of it folks cos i was in naija till wensday and truthfully i would rather be there than here.

things are happening in naija,although a bit tight now,but with the impending explosion of the middle class in a few years,guys,i cant shout like they say in naija.i work in strategy consulting,and deducting the political uncertainties,nigeria is a strong contender for the first few slots to join the BRIC nations,with a recent report claiming this could happen as early as 2016 because of the growing population.

Ghana's shine is very temporary,naija is the place to be cos i am privy to a document that nigeria has the highest potential of producing new billionaires in the world by 2025 and we will have the highest number of billionaires in sub saharan africa by 2015.

do u know how much MTN has earned since 2001? meanwhile 285 million dollars was how much they paid for the license.a paltry sum compared to their annual profit and that is inspite of the lack of energy and corruption.

Let me be nice and leak some stuff here ,but it is only for the discerning.IDIOTS are barred plssssssssssssss.
nice write-up. so you are saying you will rather be in nigeria than london ? are you back in london now ?
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by marcus1234: 12:45pm On Apr 09, 2011
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by kushe: 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2011
@buzugee

i like london and the developed world for the development and the constant light.sometimes i like the weather,most times i hate it.but before i moved to london,i spent most of my summer holidays in london throughout my secondary school days and what fascinated me most about london was the underground trains.

i wasnt allowed to go out in nigeria,but as a very young teenager,my folks allowed me go out on my own in london cos they knew i wouldnever get lost.the trains hav never stopped fascinating me up till today and every time i come back home the first thing that hits me is the infrastructural deficit in naija and the opportunities that abound.

settling in naija is a personal dream that is premised on dreams of development and a national divorce from mediocrity.nigerians are generally mediocre and accept mediocrity.whatttttt ! i hav met a lot of bb carrying,facebook chatting young nigerians,but generally,they still dont get it.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by kushe: 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2011
u guys should all look for the PBS documentary on new york city on you tube and then juxtapose it with naija or lagos.save this comment yall cos naija is going somewhere and the day i appear on forbes list,i will tell u all if nairaland still exists then that kushe said so.

dangote and adenuga should move cos kushe is coming and its an open invitation to everyone.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Blazay(m): 1:16pm On Apr 09, 2011
Thank "My" God ooooooh!
I am no longer an immigrant!
Ha-LAY-lo-JAH!!! cool

Maaaan!!!! I love America the beautiful!
No country like America in this "In God We Trust" loving country! kiss

Thank God for Americans.

Still leaving my American dream.  kiss
America will forever be my home sweet home.
Never going back to that Nigger-ria of a place!
What on earth for? undecided

For brain death?
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 1:19pm On Apr 09, 2011
kushe:

@buzugee

i like london and the developed world for the development and the constant light.sometimes i like the weather,most times i hate it.but before i moved to london,i spent most of my summer holidays in london throughout my secondary school days and what fascinated me most about london was the underground trains.

i wasnt allowed to go out in nigeria,but as a very young teenager,my folks allowed me go out on my own in london cos they knew i wouldnever get lost.the trains hav never stopped fascinating me up till today and every time i come back home the first thing that hits me is the infrastructural deficit in naija and the opportunities that abound.

settling in naija is a personal dream that is premised on dreams of development and a national divorce from mediocrity.nigerians are generally mediocre and accept mediocrity.whatttttt ! i hav met a lot of bb carrying,facebook chatting young nigerians,but generally,they still dont get it.
you do know that if your dream of settling in nigeria is premised on the bolded part, then you might be in london till you are 80 right ? i totally understand where you are coming from though. living in britain while 'effective' is 'contained' . living in naija while 'ineffective' is 'unconstrained'. the sky is the limit.
i guess as human beings and personalities it is a question of what is more important to you. 'effective constrained living' or 'ineffective unconstrained living'
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 1:29pm On Apr 09, 2011
Blazay:

Maaaan!!!! I love America the beautiful!
No country like America in this "In God We Trust" loving country! kiss

Thank God for Americans.

Still leaving my American dream.  kiss
America will forever be my home sweet home.
Never going back to that Nigger-ria of a place!
What on earth for? undecided

For brain death?
america is over. grin that hellhole has had its better days beyond it
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Blazay(m): 1:47pm On Apr 09, 2011
buzugee:

america is over.  grin that hellhole has had its better days beyond it

I love my American "hellhole"!
That "blue" passport is POWER! cool
Dun be jelos abeg!

Off to my "all American" Marriot-continentalhttp://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-631304.0.html#msg8005668 breakfast jare from my penthouse room.

Poor immigrants! grin

See your "Nigger-ria" on CNN with the strooooong wor-wor, harrrrrrdened criminal faces pretending to coduct elections this weekend!

What sorry, ugly, blaaaaaaack arzzzzzezzzz!!!! shocked

See Jonathan be like old monkey for TV. Chai!!!! cry
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 1:51pm On Apr 09, 2011
Blazay:

That "blue" passport it POWER! cool
Dun be jelos abeg!

Off to my "all American" Marriot-continental breakfast jare from my penthouse room.

Poor immigrants! grin
try enter iraq with ya blue pali. dem go use you do suya grin. me i will enter iraq and they will give me heros welcome grin
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 09, 2011
I think it's hilarious that people are celebrating or hoping fo America's downfall not knowing how much it is GOING to affect them. Unless a country has already sought all aid from China or self reliance, trust me when an Empire falls so does her territories and as long as money is owed TO America, a country will suffer. Right now in my poor Jamaica, rich of natural resources, because we owe so much to America we export our fresh fruit, sugar and bauxite /aluminum not to mention our nurses (lol) while we import their junk (process foods and wastes). The Jamaican dollar has always been of lesser value to America and with the current economy and our dependent status it's practically no good. It's so bad that farmers in Jamaica are now suffering because not only are their foods being exported but really when it comes to internal purchasing do you think the ppl who are already suffering as it is and being taxed like crazy TO pay on the national debt, are willing to pay for farm raised chicken, goat, pig, and cow meat or cheap American imported parts? exactly.

So don't jump for joy because by the time you land you will find everything you've worked for gone. That is how America does her thing "better them than us, if we fall they ALL fall." I guess people really think that the Roman Empire was just a history class subject and not an example. Hmmm.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 2:03pm On Apr 09, 2011
Blazay:

That "blue" passport is POWER! cool
Dun be jelos abeg!

Off to my "all American" Marriot-continentalhttp://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-631304.0.html#msg8005668 breakfast jare from my penthouse room.

Poor immigrants! grin

See your "Nigger-ria" on CNN with the strooooong wor-wor, harrrrrrdened criminal faces pretending to coduct elections this weekend!

ladies and gentlemen. one of the symptoms of living in america as exhibited by blazay is that they make you hate your black skin. they make you think that you are an ape. you start to see other black people through the racists eye and then you become more critical of black people that are not aesthetically pleasing. you see them like black monkeys. this is what america does to you. we have another victim in 'blazay'. that hellhole america teaches you to hate anything black (subliminal brainwashing). that hellhole is unfit for a decent mind to exist in.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 09, 2011
Blazay:

oooh LOL dayum! grin grin
having a bad day bro? undecided
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 2:06pm On Apr 09, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

I think it's hilarious that people are celebrating or hoping fo America's downfall not knowing how much it is GOING to affect them. Unless a country has already sought all aid from China or self reliance, trust me when an Empire falls so does her territories and as long as money is owed TO America, a country will suffer. Right now in my poor Jamaica, rich of natural resources, because we owe so much to America we export our fresh fruit, sugar and bauxite /aluminum not to mention our nurses (lol) while we import their junk (process foods and wastes). The Jamaican dollar has always been of lesser value to America and with the current economy and our dependent status it's practically no good. It's so bad that farmers in Jamaica are now suffering because not only are their foods being exported but really when it comes to internal purchasing do you think the ppl who are already suffering as it is and being taxed like crazy TO pay on the national debt, are willing to pay for farm raised chicken, goat, pig, and cow meat or cheap American imported parts? exactly.

So don't jump for joy because by the time you land you will find everything you've worked for gone. That is how America does her thing "better them than us, if we fall they ALL fall." I guess people really think that the Roman Empire was just a history class subject and not an example. Hmmm.

the world is not linked to americas prosperity. the world is linked to yahwehs (olodumare) (the merciful) prosperity and largess.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 09, 2011
Buguzee and that I can respect because I am a firm believer in the Creator who calls the shots, however he/she gave humanbeings their own mind. We have replaced the Creator with vanity and this is the end result. There is a lesson in all of this for us to learn again from the Roman Empire, to Egypt, to the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade, to Apartheid, to the war in the Middle East to extortion on down to drug abuse and child obesity; vanity is the sole denominator in all things that are wrong. We are being tested time and time again and we all FAIL TOGETHER so we will pay the price TOGETHER! Bottom line. undecided The tides have certainly changed and being American I am glad because it is time my ppl learn we are NOT superior or above the unexpected however I know the damage that will be done on a global scale in the process of us being taught this lesson and it's saddening.

To show how much we've already failed, we have an economy that literally shut down our gov.t as of yesterday noon, and we are in Libya's business and trying to instigate. *sighs*
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 2:52pm On Apr 09, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

Buguzee and that I can respect because I am a firm believer in the Creator who calls the shots, however he/she gave humanbeings their own mind. We have replaced the Creator with vanity and this is the end result. There is a lesson in all of this for us to learn again from the Roman Empire, to Egypt, to the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade, to Apartheid, to the war in the Middle East to extortion on down to drug abuse and child obesity; vanity is the sole denominator in all things that are wrong. We are being tested time and time again and we all FAIL TOGETHER so we will pay the price TOGETHER! Bottom line.  undecided The tides have certainly changed and being American I am glad because it is time my ppl learn we are NOT superior or above the unexpected however I know the damage that will be done on a global scale in the process of us being taught this lesson and it's saddening.

To show how much we've already failed, we have an economy that literally shut down our gov.t as of yesterday noon, and we are in Libya's business and trying to instigate. *sighs*

trust me i know all about america. i have lived there for 8 years and i myself could see the decay happening from within. the dumbing down of america. the pathetic plight of their secondary school system. all the unnecessary violence (or maybe this was just specific to my state), the huge unemployment, the bumrushing of every state in the union by illegals from south of the border (most parts of america look like mexico now. folks hanging by the side of the road selling watermelons and oranges in their white singlets and flipflops grin its like being on ikorodu road. you know somehow i think the world can navigate successfully away from america without missing a beat. america was once a powerhouse because this was the manufacturing hub of the world. well now they dont manufacture anymore. china manufactures for everyone now. the american unions have priced themselves out of the global workforce.
and in terms of consumption, a huge middle class is developing in china, india, africa etc so that the world does not need america to buy its goods anymore. my point being, nothing will be felt around the world if america dropped off the surface of the earth. the world will continue without missing a beat  cheesy
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by OCCULTIST(m): 3:06pm On Apr 09, 2011
Life and development started in Afrika and will come back to afrika,but this time we are going to be the slave masters of the western world,they will serve us like our forefathers serve them,Afrika people cool down no shaking nothing dey happen things go better very very soon okkkkkkkkkkkkkkk for our GOD and mother Africa are not asleep
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2011
OCCULTIST:

Life and development started in Afrika and will come back to afrika,but this time we are going to be the slave masters of the western world,they will serve us like our forefathers serve them,Afrika people cool down no shaking nothing dey happen things go better very very soon okkkkkkkkkkkkkkk for our GOD and mother Africa are not asleep
love this post. i put my seal on it grin
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by lagcity(m): 3:55pm On Apr 09, 2011
MAURI:

@Buzugee

(It's like bumping into an Oyinbo in the middle of the night walking the streets of Ajegunle). Then they get curious, and go like, "where in the US are you from?" (Oyinbo indirect tactics of asking where you are from), And I am like, Nope, I am Nigerian. The moral of my story is, whether they like it or not, they are forced to adjust their position about people from specific race. But we need to stand up and demand our place in the face of adversaries.

that would really freak me out.

kushe:

@y'all

things are happening in naija,although a bit tight now,but with the impending explosion of the middle class in a few years,guys,i cant shout like they say in naija.i work in strategy consulting,and deducting the political uncertainties,nigeria is a strong contender for the first few slots to join the BRIC nations,with a recent report claiming this could happen as early as 2016 because of the growing population.

Ghana's shine is very temporary,naija is the place to be cos i am privy to a document that nigeria has the highest potential of producing new billionaires in the world by 2025 and we will have the highest number of billionaires in sub saharan africa by 2015.

tell them bro. a lot of ppl are very short-sighted about Nigeria. if you have capital and some good business sense, Nigeria is one of the best places to make money. but a lot of ppl are not shining their eyes. only those who have tapped into the Nigerian market know this and they dont want everybody to know that secret. as for billionaires, Nigeria will have the highest in AFRICA (not sub saharan). when things really get going for naija, a lot of ppl will regret not investing in that country (like ppl who refused to buy land in lekki in the early 90s). Nigerians need to start investing heavily in science and tech. that's where the money and power is. I want to see Nigeria become the largest exporter of technology in Africa, not the largest exporter of crude oil or cassava.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Munchener: 4:19pm On Apr 09, 2011
@buzugee

You are a big liar, so you were the ONLY black man in Düsseldorf? In a city where over 33% of the residents are immigrants?Do you know that the biggest African resturant in europe is based in Dusseldorf? and the residents of Düsseldorf as of today is 586.217. In the nineties, it was less than 300,000 not 1 million. you don´t have to tell dangerous lies here buzugee. So you saw a trailer load of skinheads going about attacking black people in Germany? In the secured country in the world? with the most effective Police force in the world. you are a very big fool. I see that you hate Germany because you couldn´t make it here with your criminal mentality and lies. How on earth can someone compare Germany to the UK? Technology,tolerance, safety, GDP, I think you´ve never been to Germany and you´re too less informed, as for Belgium, Brussels is the capital of europe, and it´s the most tolerant city in europe, full of immigrants from all over the world-go and see for yourself. LIAR grin
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 09, 2011
@buguzee we will see. wink
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Outstrip(f): 5:10pm On Apr 09, 2011
Okay I have never been to Germany but I remember about 8-10 years ago that my husbands team were walking on some design plan for a company based in Germany. They had used an image with a black man (there were other people also on the image) as part of the design. My husband got a call from the client (probably a project manger or something) who asked if he could work the black man out of the image as people might find it offensive. My husband was shocked of course because you do not hear people in the US be that openly racist. The bottom line was they had to remove the black guy from the body of the image to keep a high paying client happy. Of course this might also have been a random thing. I am not sure.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by lagcity(m): 5:50pm On Apr 09, 2011
buzugee:

trust me i know all about america. i have lived there for 8 years and i myself could see the decay happening from within. the dumbing down of america. the pathetic plight of their secondary school system. all the unnecessary violence (or maybe this was just specific to my state), the huge unemployment, the bumrushing of every state in the union by illegals from south of the border (most parts of america look like mexico now. folks hanging by the side of the road selling watermelons and oranges in their white singlets and flipflops grin its like being on ikorodu road. you know somehow i think the world can navigate successfully away from america without missing a beat. america was once a powerhouse because this was the manufacturing hub of the world. well now they dont manufacture anymore. china manufactures for everyone now. the american unions have priced themselves out of the global workforce.
and in terms of consumption, a huge middle class is developing in china, india, africa etc so that the world does not need america to buy its goods anymore. my point being, nothing will be felt around the world if america dropped off the surface of the earth. the world will continue without missing a beat  cheesy

hyperbole!! grin
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by lagcity(m): 6:22pm On Apr 09, 2011
hardbody:

@kushe

Shebi i have warned people not to even conjecture a desire to come back here , read my earlier post (i dont know hw u guys copy and post earlier comments) however i have DEMANDED that ALL the guys that jumped ship and abandoned 9ja should stick it out through d meltdown. Please dont come and punctuate our slow but steady movement out of the woods in our beloved 9ja. We are prepared 2 salvage ours, stay out there and salvage your common wealth with dem oyinbos, una hia me sooo?

And u, why are u spreading this bait out for the gluttonous? Let us settle in first b4 they come home with their ivy league trained consciousness to overtake us here again in what we have steadily built. Na my own be that. I don talk finish. Am off to Ghana immediately after today's elections.

why r u so paranoid abt folks coming back to their country. r u scared the ivy leaguers will eat your lunch right under your nose? there's nothing like jumping ship here, partner; Nigerians who ventured abroad are assets to Naija not liabilities. we will be back (not only to spend our dollars but to change the rotten system in our country) and you all better get used to it.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Munchener: 6:35pm On Apr 09, 2011
@Outstrip

I believe you, it´s such a pity and of course like every country in the world,and infact Germany has a ugly history of it. there is racism everywhere and racist individuals. But have you considered that it didn´t have anything to do with the German government or an average German on the street? you too know that racism begins and ends in America & former American leaders + present ones have been openly racist not to talk of Directors of some German based company. Do you believe me that I am black, Nigerian, and fight racism in this country? I´m infact actively in a political party. I have done better in this country seeing less of the racism, I discovered how tolerant & good Germans are when I decided to see things in a more neutral way instead of judging from their history or what people say they are. Believe me Outstrip, I´m saying this to you with all my heart as a sister, I swear, I have been happier and more successful in this country than ANYWHERE in the world. Please don´t join the people who condemm this country from outside, you and your husband should get to know this country and the people.

There are racists everywhere but one thing I can asure you is that this is a humble, neutral country and you could face worse racism in any country. Germany has the problem we have as well which is bad media image from their fellow english speaking westerners UK, US Australia etc, they´re envious of this country because of their economic strength & the Germans themselves know that this game has been played well. They know that English speaking africans have this impression about them, judging them from the UK media. Here, camerounians, senegalese, and other francophone countries do better than many Nigerians because they´re more positive about the country and they integrate well-study/settle. But Nigerians rely on what UK & US media report so they don´t even see the oportunities right in front of them when they migrate here. I left this country too! and after 6 years of roaming about, I saw that Germany was not that terrible afterall. Many of our people are too lazy to learn the language, go to school, and settle down like they would do in the UK or US. So, they start complaining that Germany is bad without integration and education. The issue is more with the language than racism. That is the bitter truth sister.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Outstrip(f): 6:48pm On Apr 09, 2011
I know things are never going to be perfect and I am one that is big on adapting. Adapt so you can flourish. You cannot hold on to old things if you want new results. I uderstand totally were you are coming from. I just happened to remember discussing that with my husband. I do know a few German women here in the states that are married to black military men so I am sure not every single person there is racist. I was just making a point that maybe buzegee had a bad experience that has made him bitter about life in Germany.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by cap28: 7:24pm On Apr 09, 2011
Münchener:

@Outstrip

I believe you, it´s such a pity and of course like every country in the world,and infact Germany has a ugly history of it. there is racism everywhere and racist individuals. But have you considered that it didn´t have anything to do with the German government or an average German on the street? you too know that racism begins and ends in America & former American leaders + present ones have been openly racist not to talk of Directors of some German based company. Do you believe me that I am black, Nigerian, and fight racism in this country? I´m infact actively in a political party. I have done better in this country seeing less of the racism, I discovered how tolerant & good Germans are when I decided to see things in a more neutral way instead of judging from their history or what people say they are. Believe me Outstrip, I´m saying this to you with all my heart as a sister, I swear, I have been happier and more successful in this country than ANYWHERE in the world. Please don´t join the people who condemm this country from outside, you and your husband should get to know this country and the people.

There are racists everywhere but one thing I can asure you is that this is a humble, neutral country and you could face worse racism in any country. Germany has the problem we have as well which is bad media image from their fellow english speaking westerners UK, US Australia etc, they´re envious of this country because of their economic strength & the Germans themselves know that this game has been played well. They know that English speaking africans have this impression about them, judging them from the UK media. Here, camerounians, senegalese, and other francophone countries do better than many Nigerians because they´re more positive about the country and they integrate well-study/settle. But Nigerians rely on what UK & US media report so they don´t even see the oportunities right in front of them when they migrate here. I left this country too! and after 6 years of roaming about, I saw that Germany was not that terrible afterall. Many of our people are too lazy to learn the language, go to school, and settle down like they would do in the UK or US. So, they start complaining that Germany is bad without integration and education. The issue is more with the language than racism. That is the bitter truth sister.

is it me or do you sound as if you are in denial about germany's heinous past and present treatment of african people?

do you know who the first victims of the german genocide programmes were? Africans, the germans killed over 120,000 africans from the herero and nama ethnic groups in namibia in 1904 because these tribesmen refused to give up their land, they dont like you - they are just keeping up a very thin veneer of tolerance, but when the chips are down you will soon find out who they really are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herero_and_Namaqua_Genocide

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Five Ways To Avoid Being Robbed In Lagos This Xmas / One Confirmed Dead In Edo Road Crash, Hoodlums Set Five Trucks Ablaze / British Embassy: Account Information Survey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.