Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,348 members, 7,839,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

African Migrants Abandon The American Dream - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / African Migrants Abandon The American Dream (14635 Views)

The Pathetic Condition Of Nigerian & Black African Migrants Stranded In Morocco / Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. / Winning The US Lottery & Losing Faith In American Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 7:41pm On Apr 09, 2011
Münchener:

@buzugee

You are a big liar, so you were the ONLY black man in Düsseldorf? In a city where over 33% of the residents are immigrants?Do you know that the biggest African resturant in europe is based in Dusseldorf? and the residents of Düsseldorf as of today is 586.217. In the nineties, it was less than 300,000 not 1 million.  you don´t have to tell dangerous lies here buzugee. So you saw a trailer load of skinheads going about attacking black people in Germany? In the secured country in the world? with the most effective Police force in the world. you are a very big fool. I see that you hate Germany because you couldn´t make it here with your criminal mentality and lies. How on earth can someone compare Germany to the UK?  Technology,tolerance, safety, GDP, I think you´ve never been to Germany and you´re too less informed,  as for Belgium, Brussels is the capital of europe, and it´s the most tolerant city in europe, full of immigrants from all over the world-go and see for yourself. LIAR grin
bruv, ok lets get a few things straight
1, i did not come to germany to try to 'make it'. i have spent my life travelling because i write ( or did back then) about travels.
2, i may not have been the only blackman in dusseldorf but for the time i spent there i never saw 1 single black man. this was early nineties.
3, ok maybe i was a little off on the population but thats just a lil error on my path
4, believe it or not germany was skinhead capital of europe in the early nineties. ask people who have been there that long, they will tell you. you gotta remember that this was pre-hiphop era (ok not exactly prehiphop but germany only jumped on the hip-hop bandwagon as a nation in the mid nineties) so the black man was seen as the enemy. all the love black people recieve in germany today ? credit it to african american rap stars and basketball stars. they put the black man in a new light. they made the white germans see us as wonderful people. prior to rap, black dudes used to get their butts whooped on the streets of germany. from the way you speak i doubt you have ever even stepped foot in germany and if you have you probably are fresh of the boat or post-2000
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by redsun(m): 9:18pm On Apr 09, 2011
What goes up must come down.The developed world have reached their peak and this is the time for the sleeping world like africa to wake up and claim the inevitable glory of development,with added advantage of learning from the mistakes and excesses the preceeding civilization

It is not going to get better in the west given the forces they are up against.Against natural equilibrium that is sweeping across the world,balancing the social.economic,technological and mental inequalities.

The west will only have to learn to adjust and live within the barest means possible for survival.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by kabukabu50(m): 12:08am On Apr 10, 2011
buzugee:

bruv, ok lets get a few things straight
1, i did not come to germany to try to 'make it'. i have spent my life travelling because i write ( or did back then) about travels.
2, i may not have been the only blackman in dusseldorf but for the time i spent there i never saw 1 single black man. this was early nineties.
3, ok maybe i was a little off on the population but thats just a lil error on my path
4, believe it or not germany was skinhead capital of europe in the early nineties. ask people who have been there that long, they will tell you. you gotta remember that this was pre-hiphop era (ok not exactly prehiphop but germany only jumped on the hip-hop bandwagon as a nation in the mid nineties) so the black man was seen as the enemy. all the love black people recieve in germany today ? credit it to african american rap stars and basketball stars. they put the black man in a new light. they made the white germans see us as wonderful people. prior to rap, black dudes used to get their butts whooped on the streets of germany. from the way you speak i doubt you have ever even stepped foot in germany and if you have you probably are fresh of the boat or post-2000

Rubbish,I dont believe a word of that,I bet this agbero has never stepped foot in Germany, like I said earlier he may have been abroad somewhere and was swiftly deported, Abeg watch this guy before He goes Abdul-Mutallab on us.

Mumu dey chop sand inside dustbin say "I dey flenjo" grin grin grin
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 2:18am On Apr 10, 2011
kabukabu50:

Rubbish,I dont believe a word of that,I bet this agbero has never stepped foot in Germany, like I said earlier he may have been abroad somewhere and was swiftly deported, Abeg watch this guy before He goes Abdul-Mutallab on us.

Mumu dey chop sand inside dustbin say "I dey flenjo" grin grin grin
grin grin you got jokes.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Munchener: 3:09am On Apr 10, 2011
@cap28

History of Germany´s genocide in Namibia? and Colonization and Hitler? is that where you want to be looking into in 2011? things that happened over 130 years ago? I´m not denying anything but tell me, the British, Americans Spaniards, Australians didn´t massacre native americans and black people for over 400 years smiley that´s what I´m saying. I see that you´re in the UK, why don´t you ask the british if they didn´t kill us for centuries and ask them if they really like you. I think you don´t get me, an average German will show you if he doesn´t like you but the British won´t, they´ll kill you grin so, choose one. Do you think I´m lieing that I know the UK more than many of you? Ok, you´ll be surprised if you see evidences that I could be more british than you. let me give you a tip, I´m a mix of black and white wink I´m very proud of my father & I´m proud to be a Nigerian so conclude the rest yourself.

@buzugee

No you´re wrong, the US blacks created more problems for us here than helping us. You know why? the US Army were present in Germany already in 1945 so it won´t be new in the 90s. And Germans have loved foreign music including jazz since the 1810s and infact gave more chances & oportunities to British africans, Dutch africans & Afro americans to play in Berlin in 1820s. A black German musician married a white German woman in 1818 in Berlin (before Hitler). Do you know that Afro americans (akata) detest us more than come skinheads? I have 3 uncles that came here through the US Army in the 80s that are still here today (married Germans) the Afro americans hate us & they tell the Germans they are better than us- even on domestic issues with German babes smiley. But because Germans are very neutral & open people, impressions change when they meet you as an individual. If you know Germany well as you claim, you would know what I´m saying is true.

So, loving foreign music either it´s hip hop or the beatles are generally a German thing that´s why they have the best clubs in the world. Even the beatles gained more ground here in Germany than in the UK in the beginning of their career (check the biography of the beatles)They love irish,australian,salsa,african,american and even asian music here but of course it´s a western country so it´s normal that the young people would love hip hop just like in the UK or US, although techno & house are really strong as well. I´ve traveled all over the world and I can tell you that there´s no white country without skinheads. There are skinheads in Poland, Russia and Isreal, these are very Jewish countries where Hitler tormented during the Nazi regime so you can see that racism is EVERYWHERE and it´s even better in Germany. I am sure you know there are skinheads in the UK & and the BNP even being elected to the parliament recently, & of course the US too with the KKK & other "white supremacy gangs" very strong in there. So, don´t let "dem say dem say" and some cases that can happen anywhere give you the wrong info about this neutral, humble, beautiful, safe and high-tech & economically powerful business friendly country.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Thirst4Lif: 7:05am On Apr 10, 2011
Do you know that Afro americans (akata) detest us more than come skinheads? the Afro americans hate us & they tell the Germans they are better than us-

That may be true.

But because Germans are very neutral & open people

Really, when did this happen?
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by AjanleKoko: 7:25am On Apr 10, 2011
Münchener:

@buzugee

No you´re wrong, the US blacks created more problems for us here than helping us. You know why? the US Army were present in Germany already in 1945 so it won´t be new in the 90s. And Germans have loved foreign music including jazz since the 1810s and infact gave more chances & oportunities to British africans, Dutch africans & Afro americans to play in Berlin in 1820s. A black German musician married a white German woman in 1818 in Berlin (before Hitler). Do you know that Afro americans (akata) detest us more than come skinheads? I have 3 uncles that came here through the US Army in the 80s that are still here today (married Germans) the Afro americans hate us & they tell the Germans they are better than us- even on domestic issues with German babes smiley. But because Germans are very neutral & open people, impressions change when they meet you as an individual. If you know Germany well as you claim, you would know what I´m saying is true.

I tend to agree with this. I've had some professional experience with a German consulting firm, a subsidiary of a major telco. I don't have much experience of Germany aside very brief visits to Berlin, Munich, and Frankfurt. But I found Germany and Germans to be a lot more cosmopolitan, advanced,  and liberal than the UK and Brits. In fact, I observed the Germans don't consider the UK as a contender. They seem to prefer the US - many of the Germans i worked with did their postgraduate studies in the US. Even their major tech schools are associated with top American tech schools.

Someone was asking me recently which European language would be good to learn as a second language. Without thinking about it, I said 'German - because they have the largest economy in Europe.'.

As per the akatas, I'd say they regard African blacks more like competitors than anything else. Sambo and Mlambo factor grin
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 11:43am On Apr 10, 2011
Münchener:

@cap28

History of Germany´s genocide in Namibia? and Colonization and Hitler? is that where you want to be looking into in 2011? things that happened over 130 years ago? I´m not denying anything but tell me, the British, Americans Spaniards, Australians didn´t massacre native americans and black people for over 400 years smiley that´s what I´m saying. I see that you´re in the UK, why don´t you ask the british if they didn´t kill us for centuries and ask them if they really like you. I think you don´t get me, an average German will show you if he doesn´t like you but the British won´t, they´ll kill you grin so, choose one. Do you think I´m lieing that I know the UK more than many of you? Ok, you´ll be surprised if you see evidences that I could be more british than you. let me give you a tip, I´m a mix of black and white wink I´m very proud of my father & I´m proud to be a Nigerian so conclude the rest yourself.

@buzugee

So, loving foreign music either it´s hip hop or the beatles are generally a German thing that´s why they have the best clubs in the world. Even the beatles gained more ground here in Germany than in the UK in the beginning of their career (check the biography of the beatles)They love irish,australian,salsa,african,american and even asian music here but of course it´s a western country so it´s normal that the young people would love hip hop just like in the UK or US, although techno & house are really strong as well. I´ve traveled all over the world and I can tell you that there´s no white country without skinheads. There are skinheads in Poland, Russia and Isreal, these are very Jewish countries where Hitler tormented during the Nazi regime so you can see that racism is EVERYWHERE and it´s even better in Germany. I am sure you know there are skinheads in the UK & and the BNP even being elected to the parliament recently, & of course the US too with the KKK & other "white supremacy gangs" very strong in there. So, don´t let "dem say dem say" and some cases that can happen anywhere give you the wrong info about this neutral, humble, beautiful, safe and high-tech & economically powerful business friendly country.
leave that crack pipe alone

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,501654,00.html

http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,411820,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1159888.stm

http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2007/08/22/4376184-mob-attack-in-germany-sparks-outrage

http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/index.php/t67180.html

http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/index.php/t98320.html

http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/index.php/t76784.html

http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/index.php/t14733.html

http://www.greenleft.org.au/node/6524

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Germany

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1571608/German-police-routinely-ignore-racist-attacks.html

http://www.mut-gegen-rechte-gewalt.de/eng/news/news-in-english/muegeln/

MAKE UNA DEY GERMANY DEY COMFORTABLE THINK SAY NA NICE NON-RACIST TOWN. YOU HEAR grin GET VERY COMFORTABLE. or if you are smart, walk around with a hidden knife. all those attacks will never happen in britain lailai. in fact in britain it is the reverse. its asians and blacks that beat up on white people sef lol
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 11:47am On Apr 10, 2011
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 11:48am On Apr 10, 2011
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 11:51am On Apr 10, 2011
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 11:51am On Apr 10, 2011
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by kabukabu50(m): 11:53am On Apr 10, 2011
buzugee:

14000 racist attacks occured in 2009 in germany shocked

http://www.turkishweekly.net/news/66180/14-000-racist-attacks-occurred-in-a-year-in-germany.html

The only reason why this bushman dey halla racism,the heavy jack boot wey dem put for buguzee  face during deportation.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 11:54am On Apr 10, 2011
even in berlin

no-go areas in berlin if you are a man of color http://www.backpageberlin.com/archives/25-update-on-No-Go-Areas,-prevent-racist-attacks.html
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 11:55am On Apr 10, 2011
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 11:56am On Apr 10, 2011
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 11:57am On Apr 10, 2011
http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,2763646,00.html

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-146240929/racist-attacks-have-germany.html

OK I AM DONE. I THINK YALL GET THE POINT. GERMANY IS A VERY RACIST PLACE AND STILL IS, SO ALL YOU PEOPLE LAUDING GERMANY, YOU BETTER DONT GET TOO COMFORTABLE. WALK AROUND WITH A KNIFE
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 11:59am On Apr 10, 2011
kabukabu50:

The only reason why this bushman dey halla racism,the heavy jack boot wey dem put for buguzee  face during deportation.
Hehehehe grin grin grin sup ma nicca ? i am undeportable. i was born in england. this means i dont need to get visa to any country in this world (hence why i have travelled extensively ) dont hate the player. hate the game grin
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by cap28: 12:05pm On Apr 10, 2011
Münchener:

@cap28

i mentioned the genocide of the herero because its a hidden part of german history that many africans dont know about, the fact that it happened over 100 years ago doesnt mean it shuld be swept under the carpet, arent we bombarded day in and day out with tv programmes, documentaries and discussions about the jewish holocaust?  how come the jews are not saying - oh that happened over 60 years ago lets forget about it?  No they learnt from it and today israel is one of the most powerful and militarily superior nations in the world, once bitten twice shy i guess.   but with us just because a white person shows his teeth to us we roll over gratefully and think he loves us.
im very aware that other europeans that you mentioned committed genocide of non white people, did you see me here making excuses on their behalf the way you are?

i am also very aware that the british killed hundreds if not thousands of africans - im not making excuses on their behalf, what im saying here is that all europeans have the same agenda towards africans - subjugation and exploitation -nothing has changed.

of course i know the british are the ringleaders but again im not defending them the way  you are defending germans who the whole world knows are a bunch of racists, had hitler won the second world war what do you think would have happened to non white people the world over, or did you not know that the nazis beleived in eugenics and the superiority of the aryan race (blue eyed blonde haired northern european) over every other race.

if the germans are as tolerant of blacks or non whites as you claim why did boris becker have to leave the country when he married his mixed race wife, correct me if im wrong but i heard he was getting loads of death threats from white germans. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/monaco/1377224/Becker-and-his-wife-split-after-seven-year-fight-against-racism.html

i thought  a few posts ago you said you were a black nigerian, now all of a sudden you've become half white and half black - despite the fact that i was born here in the UK i do not identify myself as british - to me having british citizenship just makes life a lot more easier in terms of moving around, other than that being a black person with british citizenship does not confer any special privileges or advantages as you are still treated like a foreigner therefore if you see yourself as being more british than me, thats up to you, the fact remains that if you look visibly black you will still be treated differently from whites.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 12:08pm On Apr 10, 2011
41 foreigners have been killed in racist attacks in the nineties in germany http://www.turkishweekly.net/news/66180/14-000-racist-attacks-occurred-in-a-year-in-germany.html

in britain this will trigger martial law. not in germany though. its business as usual.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 12:11pm On Apr 10, 2011
cap28:

i mentioned the genocide of the herero because its a hidden part of german history that many africans dont know about, the fact that it happened over 100 years ago doesnt mean it shuld be swept under the carpet, arent we bombarded day in and day out with tv programmes, documentaries and discussions about the jewish holocaust?  how come the jews are not saying - oh that happened over 60 years ago lets forget about it?  No they learnt from it and today israel is one of the most powerful and militarily superior nations in the world, once bitten twice shy i guess.   but with us just because a white person shows his teeth to us we roll over gratefully and think he loves us.
im very aware that other europeans that you mentioned committed genocide of non white people, did you see me here making excuses on their behalf the way you are?

i am also very aware that the british killed hundreds if not thousands of africans - im not making excuses on their behalf, what im saying here is that all europeans have the same agenda towards africans - subjugation and exploitation -nothing has changed.

of course i know the british are the ringleaders but again im not defending them the way  you are defending germans who the whole world knows are a bunch of racists, had hitler won the second world war what do you think would have happened to non white people the world over, or did you not know that the nazis beleived in eugenics and the superiority of the aryan race (blue eyed blonde haired northern european) over every other race.

if the germans are as tolerant of blacks or non whites as you claim why did boris becker have to leave the country when he married his mixed race wife, correct me if im wrong but i heard he was getting loads of death threats from white germans. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/monaco/1377224/Becker-and-his-wife-split-after-seven-year-fight-against-racism.html

i thought  a few posts ago you said you were a black nigerian, now all of a sudden you've become half white and half black - despite the fact that i was born here in the UK i do not identify myself as british - to me having british citizenship just makes life a lot more easier in terms of moving around, other than that being a black person with british citizenship does not confer any special privileges or advantages as you are still treated like a foreigner therefore if you see yourself as being more british than me, thats up to you, the fact remains that if you look visibly black you will still be treated differently from whites.

hehe even a star like boris becker cannot marry a woman of color without germans getting enraged shocked what a nice sweet non-racist country grin grin some of these fools because dem get a few euros for pocket think say germany na sweet haven
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by cap28: 12:38pm On Apr 10, 2011
i forgot to post this clip of a black man who tried running for a political seat in germany and had to withdraw because of all the death threats he kept getting, the head of a far right german organisation had this to say: "we dont mind non germans (blacks) living in our country we just dont want them to have any political power" grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avk6333V_Z4
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 12:48pm On Apr 10, 2011
cap28:

i forgot to post this clip of a black man who tried running for a political seat in germany and had to withdraw because of all the death threats he kept getting, the head of a far right german organisation had this to say: "we dont mind non germans (blacks) living in our country we just dont want them to have any political power" grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avk6333V_Z4
in britain tonnes of blacks hold political offices. and these guys say germany is more advanced than the UK ? i laugh in swahili cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 12:50pm On Apr 10, 2011
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 12:53pm On Apr 10, 2011
some of our black mps even wear agbada to the house of parliament. the late bernie grant http://www.voice-online.co.uk/content.php?show=17267
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by cap28: 12:57pm On Apr 10, 2011
buzugee:

in britain tonnes of blacks hold political offices. and these guys say germany is more advanced than the UK ? i laugh in swahili cheesy cheesy cheesy

hmm lets not get too carried away bro, i dont think there are "tonnes" of black politicans here in the UK- there are a few, they are powerless and never speak up on behalf of blacks but at least they're there and they dont have to walk around with 24 hour armed guards to protect them from potential racist attacks.  the truth of the matter is that britain's black population is much larger than the rest of europe, has been here longer and has fought to get a few crumbs from the table, with places like germany blacks are few in number and are more or less invisible and have no political representation.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 1:07pm On Apr 10, 2011
cap28:

hmm lets not get too carried away bro, i dont think there are "tonnes" of black politicans here in the UK- there are a few, they are powerless and never speak up on behalf of blacks but at least they're there and they dont have to walk around with 24 hour armed guards to protect them from potential racist attacks.  the truth of the matter is that britain's black population is much larger than the rest of europe, has been here longer and has fought to get a few crumbs from the table, with places like germany blacks are few in number and are more or less invisible and have no political representation.

i can respect that but i differ on them being powerless. bernie grant, dianne abbott and david lami (tottenham guy ) have done lots for their constituent. boateng is a power broker too. dont under-estimate what these people are doing. and yes the proportionality of the black population to the white population is fairly represented in the house. we are 1 percent of the british population. i believe we are fairly represented. for every 100 mp there should be 2 asians and 1 black and 1 other.minorities are only 5 percent of the uk. remember that
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by AkoEja: 1:14pm On Apr 10, 2011
@Redman44, thanks for spitting out the bitter truth here,  I wonder where people got their false stories about Continental Europe from. the UK is the worst country for immigrants in europe. some people come here and tell huge lies that will continue to deceive Nigerians at home. 90% of Nigerians that have settled in France, Germany or Holland are far better than the ones in the UK. I was deceived as well until I lived there for 4 good years, I left Germany with my wife and kids and we moved to the UK. I´ve 3 brothers and a sister in the UK, with family houses in London & Glasgow respectively so nobody can tell me anthing new about the UK.

First of all, the british are 10 times more racist than the french,germans or dutch. buzugee wasn´t served in a bar in Dusseldorf?? the tradefair capital of the world? "strange" France? who treats black people like poo in France? black people, (even african immigrants with resident permits) are in parliament, they are black mayors of big towns/cities, black entreprenuers etc. You get resident permits automatically when you marry a citizen,study or have a child, unlike the UK where they don´t give you jack! They´re the worst racists & it is the only country where I´ve been called the N word several times this is a country full of gangs,buglars & rapists!! a thug country, a broken society where you can´t even sleep with closed eyes anymore. I couldn´t even leave my wife alone at home when I went to Nigeria cos she was treatened a few times. Racism is extreme in the UK & they hate Nigerians to the bone! I think some people just always to claim they´re better in the UK meanwhile their lives would have been better here on the Continent. I run my own company, employ white people, I own my own home (better than the council flats in the UK) I drive benz cars and I go to powerful gatherings. I go to naija ANYTIME I want & I travel all over the world. This countries are not like Russia or the terrible Northern Ireland PLEASE!!

Bavarian is mostly right, but he has exagerated a lot.[/[/b]color] I have lived in the UK for 16 years, so I know what I am talking about. UK is not as dangerous as he has put it, but some parts are.

[color=#550000][b]If you are not the best in your chosen field and your area of expertice is not in demand, you will almost never get a proper job in the UK.

The average white person in the UK suffers from a form of colonial mentality which makes them want to seem to be good to Africans, though behind, they hate you. They can pretend to be nice a lot, though they may make racist comments or commit racist acts without realising it.
Subconsciuosly, they set a much higher standard when assesing a non-white person, so you have to be better than their best to get an average mark.

At University or college for example, an assignment that should get an A * might manage a D or C, so if you are normally worth a B or C, you will fail, unless you are lucky to meet a good person marking your assignment.

But legally, the law is much stronger against racism than most European countries, though the burden of proof will always be a problem for victims.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by cap28: 1:50pm On Apr 10, 2011
buzugee:

i can respect that but i differ on them being powerless. bernie grant, dianne abbott and david lami (tottenham guy ) have done lots for their constituent. boateng is a power broker too. dont under-estimate what these people are doing. and yes the proportionality of the black population to the white population is fairly represented in the house. we are 1 percent of the british population. i believe we are fairly represented. for every 100 mp there should be 2 asians and 1 black and 1 other.minorities are only 5 percent of the uk. remember that

I dont know, i really struggle to see what the abovementioned people did for blacks in britain, im not saying they were or are not well intentioned, i just think that you cant do much when you are just a tiny minority without much clout. blacks still suffer higher levels of unemployment and bad housing a lot of this is to do with the overall crippling effect of institutionalised racism.
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by buzugee(m): 2:03pm On Apr 10, 2011
cap28:

I dont know, i really struggle to see what the abovementioned people did for blacks in britain, im not saying they were or are not well intentioned, i just think that you cant do much when you are just a tiny minority without much clout. blacks still suffer higher levels of unemployment and bad housing a lot of this is to do with the overall crippling effect of institutionalised racism.
bad housing ? really ? dude you need to go all over northern england and see what bad housing is. all occupied by white people. my point being everybody collects the same benefits. you can live wherever you want if you can afford it. high levels of unemployment ? ill give you that. but i think naija guys in IT were making big bank ? or is that a past relic ?
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by Thirst4Lif: 2:31pm On Apr 10, 2011
MAKE UNA DEY GERMANY DEY COMFORTABLE THINK SAY NA NICE NON-RACIST TOWN. YOU HEAR GET VERY COMFORTABLE. or if you are smart, walk around with a hidden knife
smiley cheesy grin Amen!
Re: African Migrants Abandon The American Dream by cap28: 2:37pm On Apr 10, 2011
buzugee:

bad housing ? really ? dude you need to go all over northern england and see what bad housing is. all occupied by white people. my point being everybody collects the same benefits. you can live wherever you want if you can afford it. high levels of unemployment ? ill give you that. but i think naija guys in IT were making big bank ? or is that a past relic ?

well there isnt much investment up north, thatcher closed down the coal mines in the 80s which was a major employer of white workign class people and the big manufacturers who were also big employers of working class whites outsourced most of their jobs to the far east, i think thats the reason white people up north live like that, down in the south east of england however where there are more jobs, better housing and more investment blacks still find themselves struggling, mainly because blacks face discrimination in the employment market.  

yes you can live wherever youwant if you can afford it, but thats the problem, many blacks face discrimination in the job market and therefore cant live wherever they want for the simple reason that they dont earn enough.

i dont know much about the IT market, but i suspect that after the dot.com bubble burst many of these jobs disappered.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Experience On A Trip To Ghana!.... / Nigeria Is Sixth Most Dangerous Place To Live / Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.