Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,000 members, 7,828,526 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (81995 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Liposure: 3:36pm On Feb 11, 2021
Abasman007:
Nawa o mmè òwo èse nie esit o.... Nsuto mkpo??
Pls it's not general in akwaibom o!!!
This is wickedness not to the man but to their daughter... Plus is their daughter a virgin?.. personally I'm not paying bride price for a girl that's not a virgin... The person that disvirgined you is the one meant to pay your bride price...
will the elders listen?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by psucc(m): 3:39pm On Feb 11, 2021
emonis88:

guy forget o! many wan marry but if d list is outrageous many go run o! some dat even bring all dat is in d list go hate d wife later on if things turn south for d man. Go n do a survey , anywhere list for traditional marriage rites is much na so evening newspapers Dey full ground, some even run away with men just Dey born for d man. it all boils down to outrageous list.
I still do not agree with you on this. People are marrying list or no list
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by pasol4real(m): 3:40pm On Feb 11, 2021
Mode4:

Are u mentally deranged??
You are the one who is mentally deranged if you don’t know akwaibom girls could be referred to as common.....
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:43pm On Feb 11, 2021
gozzlin:
Hrhqueenphil my sweet Ekaette, so na so your people dey prepare to hand long list to me?

I jump and pass.
Thank you jumping and running away, I am only for a capable man who loves me and can pay anything to take me away as his wife like Jacob that worked for 7 years for this heartrob grin
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by CzarChris(m): 3:48pm On Feb 11, 2021
Ctorch:
A Nigerian man who was getting set to marry his Akwa Ibom girlfriend, has reportedly abandoned the wedding plans prematurely, owing to the outrageous engagement list given to him by his girl’s family.

On the list were a variety of consumables and non consumables expected to be provided by the groom before their engagement which is meant to hold in the lady’s hometown in Akwa Ibom state.

A Twitter user who shared the story alongside photos of the list, said the man in question allegedly fled at the sight of the list.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLazyCheff/status/1358763378953584640
A friend of mine married from Akwa Ibom in 2010, he actually bought a complete sofa set of 150k because it was in the list.
After they'll say igbos na our list plenty pass. Mthcewww! Go Kalabari and see list that can build you a duplex.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Gerrard59(m): 3:51pm On Feb 11, 2021
These so-called elders better change if not their daughters will be unmarried considering the wanton unemployment in the state.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Brainardc(m): 3:52pm On Feb 11, 2021
Jeeeeesus is Lord
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Ayo2004: 4:03pm On Feb 11, 2021
Mannylex:

Lol. If the lady is pregnant, the list also increases grin grin. There is another list called MKPO USONG EYIN or so which translates to stubborn or disrespect list. Among that list you have to also buy a goat amongst other stuffs. grin
For where?if I give her belle and refuse to pay,the family would still give her hand in marriage to avoid shame grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Abasman007: 4:04pm On Feb 11, 2021
EmekaA125:

That means you no go marry na. Where you wan see virgin for Naija
then no bride price..
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by gassbee: 4:21pm On Feb 11, 2021
This is serious.

3 bedroom flat available for rent along ikot ekpene road, send a dm if interested
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by bizhop01: 4:25pm On Feb 11, 2021
GamalNasser:
Everything there never reach 1m yet na cheesy
Because 1million na minimum wage

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by ElijahIme1992(m): 4:32pm On Feb 11, 2021
izubext007:
is only a novice that will diary on any akwa ibom girl.

what u have to do is to inform her brothers that you are with thier sister period......and keep fucking her untill u are tired of her.......them plenty for Abuja here.
from an Akwa ibomite I say u are stupid.... We respect and value our women here....although d list is outrageous dat does not give u the right to insult our ladies..... Na which state ladies dem no dey f*ck?

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by GamalNasser: 4:36pm On Feb 11, 2021
bizhop01:

Because 1million na minimum wage

I get your point but na inflation dey cause all these problems
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Infoay: 4:37pm On Feb 11, 2021
It is well!
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by purpleicious(f): 4:46pm On Feb 11, 2021
Hmmmm
My own list wasn't long like this biko; I guess it's the girl's uncle's who wrote this.Maybe her parent(s) are late.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by 6ixT8: 4:53pm On Feb 11, 2021
slowice:

These things aren't always known from the onset... What sort of talk is this?

it's a set up bruh. until your are deeply in love before the family drop the bombshell. at that point you won't be able to backout.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Flyingngel(m): 5:00pm On Feb 11, 2021
MejiLoyon post:

Marriage is for men not boys
That being said E no mean say make them butcher the guy na. A certain person I know was given a list longer than that. The guyman just called the father of the lady and they started adding and subtracting. Last last the list slim down. Even the parents of the girl sef go slim am. Unless them wan keep the lady for house till she turn Spider woman...because her punna go don get cobweb.

That aside na so their list be and dem still dey promiscuous? One for my estate here na for general consumption. The husband dey China na so boys start to shine her China.

Is promiscuity a tribe thing? Why do we generalize everything in this country?
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 11, 2021
Flyingngel:
MejiLoyon post:

Marriage is for men not boys
That being said E no mean say make them butcher the guy na. A certain person I know was given a list longer than that. The guyman just called the father of the lady and they started adding and subtracting. Last last the list slim down. Even the parents of the girl sef go slim am. Unless them wan keep the lady for house till she turn Spider woman...because her punna go don get cobweb.

That aside na so their list be and dem still dey promiscuous? One for my estate here na for general consumption. The husband dey China na so boys start to shine her China.

Is promiscuity a tribe thing? Why do we generalize everything in this country?
Did I quote the tribe of the promiscuous woman? Fault finder
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by mzTarsh(f): 5:11pm On Feb 11, 2021
During my marriage my parents didn't collect anything from my husband... Except bride price and I'm from Akwa Ibom... So this is not applicable to all Akwa ibomites

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by RayRay06677(m): 5:13pm On Feb 11, 2021
sparko1:

Your stupid point makes no sense, if that is not the real list, or if its is negotiable then, put the real thing and stop complicating the guys life, he should bring his family and argue a list until he can pay. How does it sound to you, the lady is a person, not a product you price and negotiate to obtain, bunch of idiots.

WHERE ARE YOUR PARENTS FROM?
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Owologbo(m): 5:14pm On Feb 11, 2021
thorpido:
He will still 'owe' them and he will be required to pay it one way or the other.Sometimes,even the children will be required to pay it later.
When your marriage recognize by the government, there's nothing they can do. you can only do it at your own will.
it only lacks some traditional backing that 1 can over look if wife is faithful.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by victorazy(m): 5:24pm On Feb 11, 2021
thorpido:
Abasi mbok!
You're dating a girl and you plan to marry her and yet you have no idea what the marriage requirements are in the place you want to marry?You had to wait till you see list mbok?How naive!
Wasted your time and the girl's time.

The list is outrageous though.

MKPO NDO ETE
I dozen of underwear,half dozen of Bender pant So the papa no dey wear pants before? undecided

grin grin grin
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by ThugBoy(m): 5:24pm On Feb 11, 2021
Sharp guy with Usen bolt leg
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Ikennamurphy: 5:26pm On Feb 11, 2021
Reex12:
200k? wow north or south
He's right.i know of North like abatete, abacha
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Ikennamurphy: 5:28pm On Feb 11, 2021
majamajic:

Yes but within the range , total can't go down from 5M to 1M , it will be around 4.5M
Oil dey ur head,the negotiable thing is a scam, just like buying a goods from market and u budget 2k but going they tell u 100k,even if u negotiate it will still be high

2 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Ikennamurphy: 5:30pm On Feb 11, 2021
na2016:
This man is not ready for marriage and posting this list here can cause serious problems for him.
If he was not ready to marry, he should have calmed down and stopped making it look like this is common in Akwa Ibom state.

The OP has refused to tell people that they usually reduce this list when elders from both families meet.
The OP has also refused to tell people that this list is family dependent. That some families can give you their daughter just by paying the bride price alone and won't collect all those.
Stop misinforming the public!!!
If they can do all u listed why make a ridiculous list in the first place

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Ikennamurphy: 5:36pm On Feb 11, 2021
Joydan95:

My dear, I am from Akwa Ibom and I can say it’s quite unfortunate that even the parent of the bride has no business with writing the marriage list. The marriage list is written my members of the extended family, even the bride’s parents has no right to omit anything from that list else they may end up dying for nothing. I got married last year October and the total number of goats and sheep my husband gave as listed on the marriage list was 7 (As in 6 goats and one special breed of goat ).
My parents couldn’t even collect any material thing from their side of the list, they only collected dowry cos close family friends said it must be collected due to tradition.
And I'm sure you were not even a virgin ,7 goats for their hotel business, mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Elsueno: 5:45pm On Feb 11, 2021
I will pay for that, if she's a VIRGIN!!
Not gonna pay a single Kobo if na second hand she be
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Ikennamurphy: 5:45pm On Feb 11, 2021
sparko1:

Your stupid point makes no sense, if that is not the real list, or if its is negotiable then, put the real thing and stop complicating the guys life, he should bring his family and argue a list until he can pay. How does it sound to you, the lady is a person, not a product you price and negotiate to obtain, bunch of idiots.
I'm telling u,people put up lame excuse its not compulsory to bring all then why put them there
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by RayRay06677(m): 5:53pm On Feb 11, 2021
Ikennamurphy:

I'm telling u,people put up lame excuse its not compulsory to bring all then why put them there

MAYBE THEIR GALS ARE NOT FOR BROKE BOYS, UPGRADE, YOU MIGHT OWN ONE
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by emonis88: 5:54pm On Feb 11, 2021
psucc:
I still do not agree with you on this. People are marrying list or no list
my guy if u like agree if u like no agree, it doesn't change anything for me o! na suggestion I Dey give from my observations. after all my sisters don marry finish so I no get any evening newspaper for house.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

How The West Corrodes Our Morality / Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / The Truth About Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.