Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,140 members, 7,829,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (82008 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by malcom1X: 11:23am On Feb 11, 2021
Angelacruz:
the family are wicked....abi dem wan open supermarket?

It's not the family, it's the village.

Things for the father's house? Means the father's side of the family.

The mother side means the mother side of the family.

You understand now. Things for the women are there, the youths own are there, this is a total celebration that you can never cheat after this marriage. Everyone has drank from your wedding and they know you very well.

The whole village is coming for that wedding.

But you don't have to meet up with everything in the list, you can cut the alcohol down etc.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by thorpido(m): 11:26am On Feb 11, 2021
musicproducer:
lol see pickin wen u start dating a girl tell her to bring her list from ger dad cause that d first thing on mind, u never grow at all
If this is how you interpret my statement,then you just confirmed to me you're the slowpoke I thought you were.
We're discussing marriage here,not Jamb.
You obviously isn't matured enough for this discuss.
I wish you well in your post-UME.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by offset67(m): 11:30am On Feb 11, 2021
it's well

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by YorubaPrince: 11:31am On Feb 11, 2021
Avoid anything from that side of the country... They all sell their daughters to the highest bidders! undecided
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by malcom1X: 11:31am On Feb 11, 2021
Atlas9:

But they included football (FIFA). For wetin na? Na groom suppose buy the ball for end of year village tournament?

That's for the young people in the community, everybody knows you are married now, it will be hard to cheat.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Fox12(m): 11:32am On Feb 11, 2021
See where Star beer Dey make sales
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Yankee101: 11:37am On Feb 11, 2021
See as beer full everywhere
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by psucc(m): 11:37am On Feb 11, 2021
orisunmibare01:

Your in-law is a bandit
No! He is not! That I can vouch for him
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Blackdisciple(m): 11:38am On Feb 11, 2021
Abasi N'mi keyung!

My late Elder sister's own ehhh, was a booklet oo after reading u will have to turnover and start reading from the other page again and again, when I saw it even me I was like "DAMN NIGGARR"
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by ijeawele23635: 11:39am On Feb 11, 2021
See as beer full everywhere
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by malcom1X: 11:39am On Feb 11, 2021
imagrg:
My friend, give their daughter belle and dem go soft-pedal and beg you to come carry almost for free....I swear!

No be Yoruba land be that...o
Them no dey carry Belle any how if you no pay bride price or do introduction.

Them go dey disturb you everyday. My friend had a woman who died in his house, when he wanted to go and bury her they said he must marry her first before burial. That he can't just use their woman like that. Omo the corpse dey hospital for 5 months.

The guy need to borrow money to marry her and money for burial and money for mortuary dey run too. Since then my guy fear those people.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by psucc(m): 11:41am On Feb 11, 2021
emonis88:

guy just tell ur kinsmen to reduce d list , make it reasonable so dat when prospective suitors see it them no go pick race. At d end of d day na make d lady see husband marry.
Sir, it it a tradition though some families make it outrageous.

In fact, the guy who ran away was just looking for an opportunity to excuse the girl. He wasn't sincere.

It is a tradition. If he was sincere, he would have gone for the second phase. In fact, it is there you will understand that the list is a fanfare.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 11, 2021
thorpido:
If this is how you interpret my statement,then you just confirmed to me you're the slowpoke I thought you were.
We're discussing marriage here,not Jamb.
You obviously isn't matured enough for this discuss.
I wish you well in your post-UME.
see this slowpoke obviously u ve not been in relationship b4.
let me lecture u, wen u are actually dating a girl, marriage might b on ur mind that doesnt mean u will have d list already. not until u are ready den u REQUEST FOR LIST stop acting like a monkey

5 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Twelfthman: 11:45am On Feb 11, 2021
This is ridiculous!
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:46am On Feb 11, 2021
Are they planning for a king coronation?

What tha fvck!
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by emonis88: 11:46am On Feb 11, 2021
psucc:
Sir, it it a tradition though some families make it outrageous.

In fact, the guy who ran away was just looking for an opportunity to excuse the girl. He wasn't sincere.

It is a tradition. If he was sincere, he would have gone for the second phase. In fact, it is there you will understand that the list is a fanfare.
it is also part of tradition dat d kinsmen who sat together n agreed on a list of items to collect from a suitor, can also sit n change d list to suit d times. both important part n unimportant parts of d list.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Redxy(m): 11:46am On Feb 11, 2021
I no go shock if she get puna wey dey like well
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by onos1979(f): 11:46am On Feb 11, 2021
thorpido:
Abasi mbok!
You're dating a girl and you plan to marry her and yet you have no idea what the marriage requirements are in the place you want to marry?You had to wait till you see list mbok?How naive!
Wasted your time and the girl's time.

The list is outrageous though.

MKPO NDO ETE
I dozen of underwear,half dozen of Bender pant So the papa no dey wear pants before? undecided
abeg my ribs dey pain mi, i no fit laugh again.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by thorpido(m): 11:49am On Feb 11, 2021
musicproducer:
see this slowpoke obviously u ve not been in relationship b4.
let me lecture u, wen u are actually dating a girl, marriage might b on ur mind that doesnt mean u will have d list already. not until u are ready den u REQUEST FOR LIST stop acting like a monkey
So you had some common sense and you were talking like a dimwit initially?Did someone just reveal the bolded to you?
Didn't you read that I said in the course of the relationship initially?

Why were you talking like a reetard initially?
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by emonis88: 11:50am On Feb 11, 2021
malcom1X:

No be Yoruba land be that...o
Them no dey carry Belle any how if you no pay bride price or do introduction.

Them go dey disturb you everyday. My friend had a woman who died in his house, when he wanted to go and bury her they said he must marry her first before burial. That he can't just use their woman like that. Omo the corpse dey hospital for 5 months.

The guy need to borrow money to marry her and money for burial and money for mortuary dey run too. Since then my guy fear those people.
it is really bad n dangerous to live with a woman who u ve not done any traditional thing on her head . here is not Europe or US where u ve live in lovers. for here na ticking time bomb.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Jacksparrow7(m): 11:54am On Feb 11, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Marriage is for men not boys
That being said E no mean say make them butcher the guy na. A certain person I know was given a list longer than that. The guyman just called the father of the lady and they started adding and subtracting. Last last the list slim down. Even the parents of the girl sef go slim am. Unless them wan keep the lady for house till she turn Spider woman...because her punna go don get cobwebs.

That aside na so their list be and dem still dey promiscuous? One for my estate here na for general consumption. The husband dey China na so boys start to shine her China.
I support this comment
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by psucc(m): 11:56am On Feb 11, 2021
emonis88:

it is also part of tradition dat d kinsmen who sat together n agreed on a list of items to collect from a suitor, can also sit n change d list to suit d times. both important part n unimportant parts of d list.
Even when cement was N4K people the buy. Who go marry go marry. List not withstanding.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Joydan95: 11:57am On Feb 11, 2021
helinues:
Correct nigga.

I think some parents are just selfish with this ridiculous engagement list..

How are they going to survive after marriage? Does it mean they are selling their daughters?
My dear, I am from Akwa Ibom and I can say it’s quite unfortunate that even the parent of the bride has no business with writing the marriage list. The marriage list is written my members of the extended family, even the bride’s parents has no right to omit anything from that list else they may end up dying for nothing. I got married last year October and the total number of goats and sheep my husband gave as listed on the marriage list was 7 (As in 6 goats and one special breed of goat ).
My parents couldn’t even collect any material thing from their side of the list, they only collected dowry cos close family friends said it must be collected due to tradition.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by psucc(m): 11:59am On Feb 11, 2021
orisunmibare01:

Your in-law is a bandit
he is not Buhari's kinsmen
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by hopexter(m): 12:04pm On Feb 11, 2021
TooMuchStuff:
Can't read them all sef...!

Unto say wetin..?

TooMuchStuff to read. I doubt if the escapee even read the list finish before him run sef grin grin
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by hopexter(m): 12:06pm On Feb 11, 2021
thorpido:
Most of the things on that list are what you will find on marriage lists in Akwa Ibom.It will vary from families and local governments but it's usually a general list.
Truth is it's expensive marrying from there.

She must be a virgin and a PHD holder before I go even consider marrying her undecided
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by cicero(m): 12:14pm On Feb 11, 2021
Running is not necessary and I doubt he really loves the girl enough. These lists are now formality and the communities accept whatever the suitor is able to bring.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by ITDarrell(m): 12:17pm On Feb 11, 2021
It's not a general stuff in Akwa Ibom State!!
My parents had given my sister out for marriage and the list wasn't outrageous. Besides my family had to contribute towards towards it.
Las las the guy was so happy!!
Now where de guy don hammer, him de pay homage in a grand style.
Marriage it not opportunity for extortion.

When I get home, I will share the list!!

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by walkingshadow911: 12:19pm On Feb 11, 2021
Mikecold:
Someone wants to open drink shop on his head

Which one is 1 walking stick, why not wheelchair

Lol, all those for just to cage a pussy!!!
As if all those would stop her from cheating with exes of exes for free
set awon x-men. rubish

what really got me was the fifa football. grin
fifa ko europa ni
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Kyn4kyn: 12:20pm On Feb 11, 2021
GUY GO AND ARGUE THE LIST, IT IS DONE EVERYWHERE.

AFTER ARGUING THE NUMBER OF THINGS THERE WILL REDUCE BELIEVE ME.

THANK ME LATER.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by AuroraB(f): 12:22pm On Feb 11, 2021
thorpido:
Abasi mbok!
You're dating a girl and you plan to marry her and yet you have no idea what the marriage requirements are in the place you want to marry?You had to wait till you see list mbok?How naive!
Wasted your time and the girl's time.

The list is outrageous though.

MKPO NDO ETE
I dozen of underwear,half dozen of Bender pant So the papa no dey wear pants before? undecided
cheesy cheesy cheesy The last part off me ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 11, 2021
walkingshadow911:

Lol, all those for just to cage a pussy!!!
As if all those would stop her from cheating with exes of exes for free
set awon x-men. rubish

what really got me was the fifa football. grin
fifa ko europa ni
All the family members would just be requesting for their fantasy instead of working for it.

There is no way a man would fulfil all these and would not feel like he bought the lady as an accessory

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / The Truth About Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives / Bricklayer Wife Organizes A Birthday Party For Her Husband In Appreciation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.