Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (82022 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Isobug: 9:52am On Feb 11, 2021
NKPOR NDO ETE

A brief case of Laces and Hollands
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 11, 2021
thorpido:
Abasi mbok!
You're dating a girl and you plan to marry her and yet you have no idea what the marriage requirements are in the place you want to marry?You had to wait till you see list mbok?How naive!
Wasted your time and the girl's time.

The list is outrageous though.

MKPO NDO ETE
I dozen of underwear,half dozen of Bender pant So the papa no dey wear pants before? undecided
get sense, only kids talk d way u chat

2 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 11, 2021
And they will type it o! My brother got married to a lady from Akwa Ibom and I know wetin our eyes see grin grin

After settling everything, you'll be buying crates of drinks for every age group in the community. Youth, elders, fathers, father's friends, mother's, young women.

It's like a trap, when you get there there's no turning back again

10 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by GamalNasser: 9:53am On Feb 11, 2021
DreegSolutions:

Did you read the entire list?

Didn't you see 250k in one of the sections?

Ohh I didn't see that
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by pfadom: 9:53am On Feb 11, 2021
Could the father afford to pay such humongous bride price today? Without supports from parents and relatives, how many years do you want young men of today to work to prepare for wedding demands let alone the home building.

We are still deceiving ourselves. The society is shamelessly promoting babydaddy/babymama unions. Otherwise, these ladies would reach menopause while still waiting for comfortable man or would get married to criminals ( ritualists, fraudsters, kidnappers, robbers) who will entice and enslave them and later become widows.

Shockingly, the girl might not even have any intellectual, social, financial marital value.

The man talked to his feet before they turn him to the biblical Jacob who laboured for 7 years to get tricked into a wrong union.

13 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by midehi2(f): 9:54am On Feb 11, 2021
Beremx:
Nnam ikot akpan gban nyang!!

Is the girl’s family planning to open a supermarket? I am not understanding

Abi beer parlor cheesy cheesy
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by MrHighSea: 9:54am On Feb 11, 2021
2mil no solve this matter.o

They expect you to negotiate it to one-third of what is there.

The negotiations is part of the culture.

You can always quit too.

3 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by SatantheDestroy: 9:55am On Feb 11, 2021
all for one mma ino o
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Patented: 9:55am On Feb 11, 2021
A significant number of the items on the list are of Western Origins and yet we dey talk say na for traditional marriage...........................!
Ctorch:
A Nigerian man who was getting set to marry his Akwa Ibom girlfriend, has reportedly abandoned the wedding plans prematurely, owing to the outrageous engagement list given to him by his girl’s family.

On the list were a variety of consumables and non consumables expected to be provided by the groom before their engagement which is meant to hold in the lady’s hometown in Akwa Ibom state.

A Twitter user who shared the story alongside photos of the list, said the man in question allegedly fled at the sight of the list.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLazyCheff/status/1358763378953584640

4 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Samchik: 9:55am On Feb 11, 2021
If they really want their daughter to get married, they wouldn't be giving these exorbitant lists. It is obvious they don't love their daughter and even the man won't be happy with this kind of family if he manages to provide all these things...so outrageous and selfish.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Ykc2(m): 9:55am On Feb 11, 2021
I thought marriage is expensive in nigeria not untill I started working with Afghanistan and somalian guys here in Austria, the somalian guy told me his family gave his bride family 75 cows,then the Afghanistan guy is still saving to get €30000 his bride family demanded,then in Iran is the worst they calculate with gold, when i told them that in my state anambra ,then idemili LGA with 200k you are through with marrying a girl they laughed at me, na only imo state dey disgrace us not all imo ooh mbaise owerri

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Dearlord(m): 9:55am On Feb 11, 2021
Bag of weeds, Liter, Condoms and Coffin are what is missing in the List shocked

2 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 11, 2021
Nigerian girls are useless and worthless piece of shíiit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by izubext007: 9:57am On Feb 11, 2021
is only a novice that will diary on any akwa ibom girl.

what u have to do is to inform her brothers that you are with thier sister period......and keep fucking her untill u are tired of her.......them plenty for Abuja here.

2 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by kabanayol9(m): 9:57am On Feb 11, 2021
grin grin baba japa for this kind situation of things in the country, they should be more considerate.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Durchmann(m): 9:57am On Feb 11, 2021
pickatyouu:
And they said it's only igbos.

Their lists are usually outrageous.
The Igbos dey learn work where them dey.
Trust me.

2 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Champneys: 9:57am On Feb 11, 2021
Madness! grin
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by thorpido(m): 9:58am On Feb 11, 2021
musicproducer:
get sense, only kids talk d way u chat
No,kids like you who are not matured enough can't reason!When you are old enough you will understand.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by PussyKing(m): 9:59am On Feb 11, 2021
He is a coward

I married from Akwaibom Nset Ibom

They gave me list as long as this even more expensive.

But on the main day I didn't even spend more than I had budgeted. I even saved money.

The thing is just have an understanding with the mum and dad or a close person to the family and tell your woman and her mum your budget.

Once they understand its done smoothly, that list will be negotiated till its comes in line with your budget.

If there is anything that left tell them you will come later and clear say marriage them no dey marry finish grin

As you move na final

11 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by FxExpo(m): 9:59am On Feb 11, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Marriage is for men not boys
That being said E no mean say make them butcher the guy na. A certain person I know was given a list longer than that. The guyman just called the father of the lady and they started adding and subtracting. Last last the list slim down. Even the parents of the girl sef go slim am. Unless them wan keep the lady for house till she turn Spider woman...because her punna go don get cobwebs.

That aside na so their list be and dem still dey promiscuous? One for my estate here na for general consumption. The husband dey China na so boys start to shine her China.
I'm Glade some people like you knows how things goes, after you have been given a long list like this, you and some of your elders and father need to go for list argument, that is where and when everything will be cut down to the size of your pocket or else you can then say goodbye to that family.men should learn to behave mature in this aspect,I'm saying from experience.

2 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by handsomeyitayo(m): 10:00am On Feb 11, 2021
izubext007:
is only a novice that will diary on any akwa ibom girl.

what u have to do is to inform her brothers that you are with thier sister period......and keep fucking her untill u are tired of her.......them plenty for Abuja here.
really.. looking for rich man to marry, because most of them will be after politicians pikin.. how you take they catch them
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by NoToPile: 10:00am On Feb 11, 2021
Lool, my cousin married from there we bought bra and pant oo.

The list na ogbonge.

The one that pained me pass was there's nothing on the list that was for the bride. angry
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by P1PrinceKT(m): 10:00am On Feb 11, 2021
that's why it's easier for them to became Prostitutes.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Komu1048(m): 10:00am On Feb 11, 2021
GamalNasser:
Everything there no reach 500k na

You addition so? Add up the cash gift first
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Mannylex(m): 10:00am On Feb 11, 2021
Ayo2004:
Make the guy just give her belle grin

Lol. If the lady is pregnant, the list also increases grin grin. There is another list called MKPO USONG EYIN or so which translates to stubborn or disrespect list. Among that list you have to also buy a goat amongst other stuffs. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:01am On Feb 11, 2021
The government should be involved in this matter. Every State must have a fixed indicated bride price according to the situation of the economy. If you go shoprite you see price tags of product you want to buy. The same must apply to every state. Abuse of bride price is too much

2 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by sirjamesjnr(m): 10:01am On Feb 11, 2021
Cantonese:
This may just be forged or faked to give the community or the people a bad name.

This list is not as it is sometimes made to look. The cash demanded is already 490k. Other items make the list almost one million.

I think something is not right somewhere with the paper.
That list is real. He can slim down a bit. Just has to know how to convince the parents of the girl.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Ceeogbaru2: 10:02am On Feb 11, 2021
Collins4u1:
Marry the baby, just let the family know you've settled them for life. They shouldn't expect any thing if they come visiting

Nothing else to say... Thank you so much for saving my energy.... And
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by sylve11: 10:02am On Feb 11, 2021
Abasman007:
Nawa o mmè òwo èse nie esit o.... Nsuto mkpo??
Pls it's not general in akwaibom o!!!
This is wickedness... Plus is their daughter a virgin?.. personally I'm not paying bride for a girl that's not a virgin..

grin cool
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by sylve11: 10:03am On Feb 11, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Are there really virgins in Akwa-Ibom?

grin grin grin cool
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by stanisbaratheon: 10:03am On Feb 11, 2021
After paying for all these she still straff another AkwaIbom dude she calls brother. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / The Truth About Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives / Bricklayer Wife Organizes A Birthday Party For Her Husband In Appreciation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.