Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,464 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" (20948 Views)

Ganduje/Sanusi Feud: Kano Lawmakers ‘Fight’ Over Mace, Disrupt Sitting / Casualties Of Ganduje, Sanusi Quarrel / Ganduje/Sanusi Reconciliation In Jeopardy As Governor Jets Out To Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by fergie001: 9:59pm On Feb 12, 2021
Muhammadu Sanusi, former Emir of Kano, was deposed because he did not understand the responsibilities of a traditional ruler, says Abdullahi Ganduje, Governor of the state.

Sanusi was dethroned in March 2020 by the Kano Government, citing “total disrespect to lawful instructions from the office of the Governor”.

Speaking on ‘Politics Today’, a Channels Television programme, Ganduje said the former Emir was unable to evolve from a social critic to a traditional ruler.

He said Sanusi forgot “to watch his tongue” and was destroying the institution.

“Well, the real story was that the deposed Emir of Kano did not understand the responsibilities of a traditional ruler especially for a strong institution like that of Kano,” Ganduje said on Friday.

“The Emir of Kano was a social critic, a celebrated social critic and there was nothing wrong with that because he is an educated person, there is freedom of speech.

“When I was the deputy to Governor Kwankwaso, Sanusi was an Executive Director in a bank and he made a statement that instead of providing water in the state we were building a house in Abuja– the Governor’s lodge in Asokoro.

“I remember my Governor said either the bank sacks him or we should withdraw our accounts from the bank and the bank did not sack him, so we withdrew N969million from that bank. That was the work of a social critic.

“But when he became the Emir of Kano, he refused to change from that stature to the stature of a traditional ruler. He is an economist but he failed to understand [that] in economics you have to inherit assets and liabilities. But he only inherited the assets of a traditional institution by giving orders, staying in a mansion, dressing gorgeously, being addressed as a king but the liability of that institution, you have to watch your words, you have to watch your tongue and he didn’t do that.

“That was the problem. That was the biggest problem; that he could not change his mode of life from social critic to an institution.

“As of now, that institution does not afford a social critic of his style. With the problem in the society, he was destroying the institution. That was why I had a problem with him; he was destroying the institution.”

On the debate about where the next All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate should come from, Ganduje said the slot should be given to the southern region.

“I think zoning should be respected as a strategy to win the election. Well, the southern part of the country but there should be a consensus from the members,” he said.

SOURCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAJNJQoHQW0

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:02pm On Feb 12, 2021
Understanding his responsibilities like seeing the truth and not saying it right?

This babaringa bank manager sef

104 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by Racoon(m): 10:03pm On Feb 12, 2021
Gandollar is just yarning dust.The koko of the matter between him and SLS is that the latter disagreed with his second term ambition because of his babanriga bullion van dollar bribe stuffing scandal.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by festacman(m): 10:04pm On Feb 12, 2021
Gov. Ganduje's analysis of Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is logically sound. You may not agree with him but that's a sound argument he put up there.

I must also commend him for being rational and frank by saying that APC zoning principle should be followed, which makes it the turn of South to have a go at the presidency in 2023.

Yes, the memory of Ganduje stuffing dollars and smiling like a child who got a new toy continues to haunt our judgement of him but it should not be forgotten that he is a University of Ibadan PhD holder, that is earned with research work and not honorary.

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 12, 2021
Ok...

“I think zoning should be respected as a strategy to win the election. Well, the southern part of the country but there should be a consensus from the members,” he said.

I agree with Ganduje on this... The South East should have the ticket or we bring back PDP...

God bless Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 12, 2021
The Deposed Emir could have criticized the government in a different mode or Change strategy

You’re dining with the devil, you complain say devil spoon too long haba!! You should expect to be sent packing from the dinning table.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by doggedfighter(f): 11:41pm On Feb 12, 2021
You have deposed him.

Why are you still singing like a Canary?

Who asked you?

Saint Ganduje !

19 Likes

Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by Asgard13: 11:52pm On Feb 12, 2021
This people know themselves... Ganduje on point.

Walahi that Emir enter sanusi head no be small

He come dey form god grin

Ganduje sef grin

7 Likes

Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by Ajanlekoko4: 5:24am On Feb 13, 2021
True.
Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by helinues: 5:25am On Feb 13, 2021
Ganduje should enjoy his relevancy while it lasts...

Karma is patiently waiting for him too

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by Tulsaguy: 7:35am On Feb 13, 2021
Gandollar grin grin

Sanusi isn't those traditional rulers that will dance to the drums of incompetent idiots in government houses for a pot of porridge.

Sanusi is a fanatic but more sensible than all the northern governors combined.

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by Obingo: 7:58am On Feb 13, 2021
I want to use this forum to plead with his Excellency, the executive governor of Kogi State and all those who have his ears on this platform to prevail on Mustapha Akaaba- the executive chairman of Ajaokuta LGA to pay the salaries of workers he has refused to pay in the last three months particularly those on the clemency list of his Excellency - All. Yahaya Bello.

We know the Governor is not aware of this unruly behavior of Mustapha Akaaba, however, the larger populace of the workers are made to believe that this is the instruction from the Governor.

Ajaokuta LGA workers have suffered for too long that they can't bear the pang of inconvenience this unilateral action of the Chairman is inflicting on them.

Your Excellency Sir, as a Presidential material and candidate, you should not allow any action of any of your appointees or subordinates to give a bad image of you to the masses either at the local, state or national level.

I will be expecting a swift response of the governor and I will be back to confirm to the world as soon as the Chairman does the needful.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:09am On Feb 13, 2021
It is well.
Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by ambu2: 9:20am On Feb 13, 2021
Dollar man.
Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by dheilaw1(m): 9:54am On Feb 13, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Ok...

I agree with Ganduje on this... The South East should have the ticket or we bring back PDP...

God bless Nigeria.
keep deceiving yourself.. igbos won't get to that seat

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by Sebastine1994(m): 9:58am On Feb 13, 2021
today is Saturday,

nairaland dey full

abeg I need some likes

today na my birthday

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 13, 2021
Gandollar just dey kap nonsense.
They're all thieves joor

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by FalseProphet1(m): 9:58am On Feb 13, 2021
I see the north breaking into several pieces because their leaders choose to turn a blind eye on their issues, I see armed bandits turn against their sponsors, I see the north becoming a deadly war zone, I see different countries coming out from there. This I have seen.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by Habeyy(m): 9:59am On Feb 13, 2021
Nigeria especially the northern part is a joke
See moralist ooo grin
Shameless fifu

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by Coldie(m): 10:00am On Feb 13, 2021
Northerner's have lots of sound leaders.

His words are wise.

5 Likes

Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by dahmie2013: 10:00am On Feb 13, 2021
Hmmm, you don't say...
Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by yusfatedeeprof(m): 10:00am On Feb 13, 2021
festacman:
Gov. Ganduje's analysis of Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is logically sound. You may not agree with him but that's a sound argument he put up there.

I must also commend him for being rational and frank by saying that APC zoning principle should be followed, which makes it the turn of South to have a go at the presidency in 2023.

Yes, the sight of Ganduje stuffing dollars and smiling like a child who got a new toy continues to haunt our judgement of him but it should not be forgotten that he is a University of Ibadan PhD holder, that is earned with research work and not honorary.

Pele e, Mushinman... You are one of the problem we have in Nigeria. So if you have PhD from UI you can do as you wish, right or wrong.

Him being a PhD holder even makes him more culpable. Because ethics demands him to know what's right and what's wrong and he chose to do the wrong thing. PhD my foot

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by DamnNiggar: 10:00am On Feb 13, 2021
grin
Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by onoms4luv(m): 10:01am On Feb 13, 2021
Just because he refused to watch his � � tongue, you disposed him of his office, how can an educated man who is so much elighten in different knowledge will see a spade and refused to called it a spade. Is that person educated

5 Likes

Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by slivertongue: 10:02am On Feb 13, 2021
ok
Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by Exumal: 10:02am On Feb 13, 2021
festacman:

Yes, the sight of Ganduje stuffing dollars and smiling like a child who got a new toy continues to haunt our judgement of him but it should not be forgotten that he is a University of Ibadan PhD holder, that is earned with research work and not honorary.

what has cognitive assonance and intelligence got to do with integrity? Public positions like the one the Governor is mounting requires both cognitive competence and integrity. if one of the aforementiined is missing, such candidate is not fit at all.

7 Likes

Re: Ganduje: "Sanusi Couldn’t Change From Social Critic To Traditional Ruler" by kollinz1234(m): 10:03am On Feb 13, 2021
Is this guy seeing Sanusi in his dreams? Everytime Sanusi Sanusi. Haba

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC / Underage Voters Uncovered In Abia State INEC Register / Buhari Seeks Senate Approval For $800M World Bank Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.