Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC (20942 Views)

Soludo Hails Buhari As 2nd Niger Bridge Renames To Muhammadu Buhari Bridge / Soludo Hails Peter Obi, Shares Friendly Hug In Anambra Church (Video) / Ngige Congratulates Soludo, Hails Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by ANSMEDIA: 6:24pm On Nov 11, 2021
Anambra Election: UK Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC

The United Kingdom has congratulated Professor Charles Soludo on his emergence as winner of the November 6 gubernatorial election in Anambra State.

This felicitation was contained in a British High Commission statement titled, “‘UK Statement On Anambra Governorship Election”.

In its official reaction to the poll, the UK also hailed the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), noting that the election results released early on Wednesday are consistent with the results obtained through the civil society Parallel Vote Tabulation process carried out by YIAGA Africa.

READ ALSO: Soludo Celebrates Victory, Says It Reflects The People’s Will

Speaking after the election, the British High Commissioner, Catriona Laing, said, “Credible and inclusive elections are fundamental to Nigeria’s democratic growth”.

The UK further encouraged INEC and all stakeholders to continue improving the electoral system and to ensure meaningful participation of young people, women and citizens generally in the democratic process.

Below is the full statement as put out by the British High Commission in Abuja.

“We offer our congratulations to Prof. Charles Soludo who has been declared winner of the Anambra State governorship election. We note that the results released by the Independent National Electoral Commission are consistent with the results obtained through the civil society Parallel Vote Tabulation process carried out by YIAGA Africa.

“Our mission, which observed the preparations for the poll, acknowledges the collective effort of stakeholders in the conduct of the election. The people of Anambra have demonstrated resilience and a commitment to democracy.

“We recognise that independent Nigerian voices have expressed concerns about the conduct of the electoral process, in particular around logistics, accreditation of voters, deployment of polling officials, and low voter turnout. The UK is encouraged by the use and transparency of INEC’s result viewing portal in the electoral process.

“We encourage any party or individual who is dissatisfied with the process to seek redress in a peaceful manner and through the appropriate legal channels.

“As a long-standing partner of the Nigerian people, the UK will continue to support Nigeria and its civil society in drawing lessons from these elections and the deepening of its democracy, including the integrity of its elections.

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/11/11/anambra-election-uk-congratulates-soludo-hails-inec/

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by Ezehillary(m): 6:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
More sorrows to apc

76 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by Ezewuzie01: 6:51pm On Nov 11, 2021
So much love for Soludo.

107 Likes 2 Shares

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2021
Yet one man who emerge APC gubernatorial candidate despite claiming he won the primaries with 200k+ vote yet could not accept defeat and congratulate the winner. Shame dey sieze his head

79 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by WibusJaga: 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2021

These are the sort of people you Nigerians should be voting into power; experienced technocrats with proven track records, & not this type of lifeless individual to my right...

90 Likes 9 Shares

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by 007lss: 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
Ezehillary:
More sorrows to apc
lol
Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by Begov49: 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
dirtydiva:
Yet one man who emerge APC gubernatorial candidate despite claiming he won the primaries with 200k+ vote yet could not accept defeat and congratulate the winner. Shame dey sieze his head

3 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by Unclebee009(m): 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
I love soludo.

6 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by Blacknote: 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
All this upandan hailing, i just dey watch him cuz na like this wey Dem dey hail Buhari when he won 2015 and look at the result today.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by anbel(m): 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
Great Mantle Great Assest as again been released to Anambra state.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by Unibener: 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
Me wey congratulate am cor.
Why my name no dey news

2 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by JosephXavier: 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2021
Soludo is really a big name

US have congratulated Soludo

Now United Kingdom

The people of Anambra has gotten this right

Long live Anambra

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by Kanipromotions: 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2021
Cry no more , if you got a disabled Instagram account send a DM , I can help you recover it

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by chii8(f): 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2021
I pray that this man will deliver by God's grace.....

8 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by Unibener: 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2021
Thunder Fire all these space bookers
Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by robinso01(m): 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2021
The pain of Andy ubah was kindly sponsored by soludo

20 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by abobote: 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2021
In sane clan Soludo is a presidential material, the man is good and very confident

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by Woge14: 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2021
grin
Unibener:
Me wey congratulate am cor.
Why my name no dey news
Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by flyca: 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2021
I want is this opportunity to specially hail Gov. Obiano!
He is not a chicken coward like Unku Jona!

Dear Gov. Obiano, thank you for securing Anambra for us, I really appreciate you. kiss

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 11, 2021
Honestly, Soludo is the right man for the job. Even all the contestants know they cannot stand him. Everyone is happy. I am too.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by chuksrandal(m): 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2021
Ezewuzie01:
So much love for Soludo.

To whom much is given, much is expected...

I wish him well, But, them no dey learn governance for school oo..

2 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2021
He is a blessed man..

3 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by Nnemuka(f): 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2021
I pray Soludo will fix Anambra like Peter Obi ....
Best of lucks

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by PrinceOfLagos: 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2021
This love is too much

Congrats the prof

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by visijo(m): 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2021
It takes an average of 17 months and 26 days to get over an ex..

#now you know �
Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by Charmingrascal(m): 7:18pm On Nov 11, 2021
Even though I am not a fan of the Aso Rock mannequin I commend him for choosing to remain neutral and not interfere in the election.
At the same time I have to say when the margins are too wide there is no way interference and rigging could really work.
It is also important to say that some leaders wouldn't mind the margin, they would still rig and interfere in the election to pave way for their political party candidate without minding the consequences of such actions.
The era of OBJ and PDP was full of election rigging and malpractices.

I salute the mannequin and INEC for a job well done.
Perhaps they are scared of international sanctions if they had rigged the election.

6 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by Dhury: 7:18pm On Nov 11, 2021
So, UK have idea on anything that is happening in Nigeria especially in South East but turned blinds eyes on ipob and their citizen who is having brain reset in DSS cell !! Ipob you see your life.

2 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by Mintyguy(m): 7:19pm On Nov 11, 2021
Congratulations bros Soludo

2 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC by Onyi90(m): 7:19pm On Nov 11, 2021
As an Anambrarian, i celebrate him too.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Why Afenifere Won’t Support Tinubu, Atiku – Adebanjo / Ghana Has The Best English Accent In Africa - / "Buhari And Osinbajo Are Like Codeine And Tramadol" - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.