Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf (1156 Views)

Inuwa Yahaya: We Won't Make Mistake Like Niger Delta People / Shekh Gumi: Bandits Deserve Respect, Empathy, They Have Children, Families / Buhari Sacks Usman Yusuf As NHIS Boss, Appoints Sambo Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by nairalandankrah: 1:48am On Feb 13, 2021
Usman is former Executive Secretary of National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS).

In this interview with VINCENT KALU, he said that for the country to have peace, the federal government should give amnesty to the Fulani bandits the same way it was granted to Niger Delta militants.

The professor of Haematology-Oncology carpeted Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai for not supporting amnesty for the bandits. He scolded both Taraba and Benue governors for proposing citizens to be armed with AK- 47 rifles.

You were in the company of Sheikh Ahmed Gumi when he met with the bandits. The cleric is proposing an amnesty to be granted to them. In what ways has the government offended them that they picked arms against the state?

These children are growing up without any religion with the mixture of drugs, with the mixture of poverty and disenfranchisement. Why are we surprised at seeing what we are seeing?

I know them personally and We know and we are not denying that these people you call bandits are Fulani like myself; they are not from foreign Fulani as some people are saying. No, they are Fulani here.

we cannot and must not disown them because it is just like if you have a child, he has gone astray, you need to pull him close to you and try and preach to him in the hope that you reach his heart in order for him to change his way.

Gumi is asking for amnesty for them, what happens if it is given to them?

What is amnesty? If you catch me and kill me, then why should I hand over my gun? If they are given amnesty, they will give them their guns. They will be provided with what you and your children have been provided with. Over the years, you have been provided with schools, you have been provided with clinics, and you have been provided security that makes you to go out and to come back and other basic amenities.
They will never hand over their guns if you don’t give them amnesty. That is how they did in Niger Delta. Niger Delta militants would never have handed over their guns if they were never given amnesty. Who gave them amnesty? It was a president from Katsina, while previous presidents were killing them, polluting their environments, but he saw the injustice and gave them amnesty. Tompolo and the other guys were not killed; they handed over their guns. NDDC was created; they were given contracts to protect the pipelines.

I state categorically that El-Rufai is wrong.There are people I know from his state that have been kidnapped and are still in the kidnappers’ den.
It is not the government that is paying for their freedom; it is families that are negotiating

You mentioned the amnesty given to the Niger Delta militants, these people picked up arms because of the environmental degradation that they have suffered over the years, what have these bandits suffered that made them to pick up arms?

You know the Fulani, what has any government done for them for the sixty years of this country, anything? Is it hospital, school, electricity, borehole? Nothing. They have never received their fair share in this country. Nobody is giving any excuse for these people. There is no reason for what they do. If you have disenfranchisement, people go into criminality; they are on drugs. All these drugs that come from the South – you remember cannabis intercepted in Edo State worth about N1.2 billion was headed North; the Codeine, the Tramadol are poisoning our kids. So, these Fulani kids are on drugs; they are out of control; about 99.9 percent of Fulani are grazing peacefully. Climate change has dried down the pastures, the cattle are dying and the kids are on drugs.

You said there is no government that has done anything for the Fulani, but sixty years after independence, the North has ruled for about 39 years, who then is to be blamed?

It is not a question of blame game. It was Yar’Adua that sat down and listened to the legitimate concern of the people. He sat down and negotiated with them; why didn’t they kill Tompolo and those people that were carrying machine guns and kidnapping people and bursting pipelines.
we are leaders in our communities and that is why we are doing this; we need peace in our land and they are our children.

All Igbo leaders must sit down with IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu to bring peace in the Southeast, and all leaders in the Southwest must sit down and talk to clowns and idiots like Igboho
to bring peace in their area.

As the insecurity escalates, Taraba State governor, Ishaku and his Benue counterpart, Ortom, last week, proposed that every Nigerian should be allowed to carry AK-47 riffle like the herdsmen to defend themselves. What is your view on this?

They are irresponsible governors.

When we went to the RUGA where you have these people fully armed in their military uniforms, it is scary. What we saw was a battalion. You see children about 13 years old carrying all-purpose machine guns, Rocket Propelled Grenades, AK- 47; the average age is 17. A thousand of them surrounding us in the forest, we didn’t know where we were. The leader is young, in his late 20s. How are you going to fight them? They listened when Gumi admonished them against what they are doing. They surrounded us and were smoking marijuana but the moment they started reciting the Quran, I was watching them, they started dropping the marijuana. By the time we were leaving, it was 10 pm and they gave us 30 motorcycles; each of the motorcycles with two passengers armed with AK-47 to show us the way.

Who arranged the meeting between the Gumi team and the bandits?

I don’t know; there are Fulani all over. Their leaders are from Bauchi, Nasarawa.

In an interview with BBC, Prof Wole Soyinka accused the president of being complicit in all insecurity and herdsmen issues. According to him, the president has never called for the arrest of these herdsmen wielding AK-47 and other assault rifles, what do you say to this?

I want Wole Soyinka and all Southwest leaders to know that this government is as much led by Fulani as Yoruba. The number two man is a Yoruba and the number four in the country is also a Yoruba man.

During EndSARS crisis, were illegality and criminality not committed at that time; were policemen not lynched, were government properties burnt, was the palace of Oba not ransacked; were hospitals not burnt; were people not killed, did I hear the voice of any Southwest leader, did I hear the voice of Prof Wole Soyinka asking for the arrest of these insurrectionists as we see in the United States? I haven’t heard anybody from the Southeast asking for the proscription of IPOB, only Governor Wike.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/why-bandits-deserve-amnesty-like-niger-delta-militants-usman-yusuf-f-ulani-leader/

Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by nairalandankrah: 1:59am On Feb 13, 2021
nairalandankrah:

In this

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/why-bandits-deserve-amnesty-like-niger-delta-militants-usman-yusuf-f-ulani-leader/
Efulefu Wike, congratulations oo..your loyalty to the caliphate has been acknowledged by your Fulani pay masters..
According to Yusuf, "All Igbo leaders must sit down with IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu to bring peace in the Southeast,"

"and all leaders in the Southwest must sit down and talk to clowns and idiots like Igboho"..

Lols this man just separated the chaff from the wheat.. See the way he called igboho a clown and an idiot.

4 Likes

Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by Nobody: 2:08am On Feb 13, 2021
embarassed embarassed But the dullard promised to end insurgency and insecurities in the country.
Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by Flakosixfive(m): 2:08am On Feb 13, 2021
In a sane country, this man should never have made it as a doctor nay a government official. You can sense the anger and disgust he has for people not of his gene stock. Thing is this, there never should have been amnesty of any sorts for any group of people in Nigeria. Now any group of disgruntled persons can come together, cause mayhem and hold the government to ransom. When they've wrecked sufficient havoc, they can always hope that some fellow like the looney professor in this interview, would speak up for them and say "grant them amnesty as you have doe for so-so-and-so". Its a pitiable state of affairs.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by Rootprof(m): 2:08am On Feb 13, 2021
Walahi to comment on this thread dey vex me.

One thing is certain this guys have a mission and are going extra miles to push the mission on Nigeria by all means. It's now left for other Nigerians to fight back for their freedom and development of sit back and suffer ( coming future inclusive ).

Ire oooo

2 Likes

Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by Blankstare(m): 2:17am On Feb 13, 2021
Smh... So much for been a professor.

3 Likes

Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by chrisxxx(m): 3:03am On Feb 13, 2021
Oil was sold to give Niger Delta agitators amnesty.
Cow should be sold to give Fulanis amnesty.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by CodeTemplar: 3:34am On Feb 13, 2021
What are they contributing to the country that's polluting their land? Is it cows or goats or chickens? The waste of these animals are all valuable byproducts. This is just a proposal for a criminal national extortion. Me I support amnesty in a general sense but it should come from what they bring to the table. If they can agree to pay taxes for their cow businesses, a cut of it can be used to do amnesty for them. Same too for Yoruba's and and Igbo criminal elements. Cocoa tax and trade taxes can be used for them.
Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by Newsblenda(m): 3:54am On Feb 13, 2021
The man is a useless man... Niger Delta amnesty was justified..what is Fulani Herdsmen fighting for?
Flakosixfive:
In a sane country, this man should never have made it as a doctor nay a government official. You can sense the anger and disgust he has for people not of his gene stock. Thing is this, there never should have been amnesty of any sorts for any group of people in Nigeria. Now any group of disgruntled persons can come together, cause mayhem and hold the government to ransom. When they've wrecked sufficient havoc, they can always hope that some fellow like the looney professor in this interview, would speak up for them and say "grant them amnesty as you have doe for so-so-and-so". Its a pitiable state of affairs.
Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by MEGA4BILLION(m): 3:56am On Feb 13, 2021
Niger Delta militants were fighting against injustice meted on them in their own region after exploiting and messing up their environment. What the herdsmen fighting for?

Oga, be careful. You see that RUGA, the south especially Soth-East and South-South will never ascent to it.

1 Like

Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by CodeTemplar: 3:57am On Feb 13, 2021
Flakosixfive:
ND were killed by OBJ, remember that?
Who can do that to even a Fulani owned cow?

Many issues abound:
Who is a Nigerian Fulani?
What is the cause they fighting for?
How can an Hausa Speaking Fulani from Niger be prevented from joining in seeing that they speak same language and?
What are they contributing to the centre that's affecting them negatively like ND?
Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by juvewalex(m): 4:02am On Feb 13, 2021
It's like most the leaders in that North are brain dead ,they just make useless utterances with irritating arrogance.

1 Like

Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by authehighness: 4:15am On Feb 13, 2021
giving amnesty to the bandits is not a good idea,the leadership of the north should come up with better solution,the Aboriginal of the communities should admonish for change of leadership,from Emirates to political office holders,fulanis has been in charge for centuries yet no progress,peace,joy, development and positive changes, they are not born to lead human rather cow
Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by Nobody: 4:26am On Feb 13, 2021
Wasn't this the same retãrd who compared ruga to sabongari

Imagine how much havoc he wrecked during his scandal & theft-ridden stint at the NHIS

1 Like

Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by 444croopy(m): 4:29am On Feb 13, 2021
Doesnt he have a twitter handle....the insults here he wont directly get em.... fools in human flesh
Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by 9japride(m): 4:35am On Feb 13, 2021
All northerners have same mindset whether educated or non educated, they all the same in their actions. Same as the new cbn policies which to me is targeted at the southern Nigeria to limit their progress. But the most painful aspect is that majority of the southerners are just sleeping, partying, etc and not being observant of what is happening. Rather they will be arguing aimlessly on afonja/flat head topics while.things are happening. Smh

2 Likes

Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by luvmijeje(f): 5:07am On Feb 13, 2021
I see!!! So the key to National Cake is to cause chaos.

Niger Delta did it...... It works. Boko Haram did it..... It works. IPOB are still doing it..... It has not yet work. Bandit are still doing it...... It has not yet work. Herdsmen are still doing it....... It has not yet work.

We are directly and indirectly telling youths that criminality works. That's the only thing that works in this country. Criminality. It's the only language this country understand. And it's the language the Yorubas must learn if it wants to survive.

1 Like

Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by Racoon(m): 5:09am On Feb 13, 2021
Just imagine the mentality of these people.Education does not affect their reasoning @ all.So committing crime is now legitimate way of holding the nation to ransome?

Bauchi governor said Fulanis are entitled to carry AK-47 rifle & other dangerous weapons because of their self protection while other Nigerians continued to be killed.
Now hear the shitcrap this crook is saying.

Blame south for the drug menace? This is so incredible.It is time to go our separate ways as these people cant continue to drag others with their backwardness.What rubbish! angry

1 Like

Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by Racoon(m): 5:13am On Feb 13, 2021
Belzoni:
Wasn't this the same retãrd who compared ruga to sabongari. Imagine how much havoc he wrecked during his scandal & theft-ridden stint at the NHIS
The man is Buhari's kinsman hence his NHIS corruption scandal was simply swept under the carpet while he proceeded on an undeserved "administrative leave".It is just a pity with these lots.
Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by gratiaeo(m): 5:14am On Feb 13, 2021
nairalandankrah:

Efulefu Wike, congratulations oo..your loyalty to the caliphate has been acknowledged by your Fulani pay masters..
According to Yusuf, "All Igbo leaders must sit down with IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu to bring peace in the Southeast,"

"and all leaders in the Southwest must sit down and talk to clowns and idiots like Igboho"..

Lols this man just separated the chaff from the wheat.. See the way he called igboho a clown and an idiot..chai MNK the Fulanis truly respect you..fire on
Must you people compare

1 Like

Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by Asgard13: 5:22am On Feb 13, 2021
I said they want to give them amnesty.... and we will all watch as they receive amnesty and nothing will happen

SOUTHWEST WILL SUPPORT THIS AMNESTY JUST FOR PRESIDENT
NOT MINDING ALL THE ABUSES AND KILLING

FULANI NO THE ACT WITHOUT PLANS...

Na naija we Dey .. e no far again una go confirm am
Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by sammyj: 5:27am On Feb 13, 2021
I think this man need a brain check or surgery if this report is true. Amnesty for criminals and killers for what
Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by sweetonugbu: 5:28am On Feb 13, 2021
Amnesty for criminality
Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by luvmijeje(f): 5:28am On Feb 13, 2021
I have been following the news for the past few days and I came across a comment that said it is different if the Southwest is surrounded by people who understand the fundamental purpose of laws. Who understand that you can't shield your own people from criminal prosecution irrespective of whether they are from your tribe or not.

Every tribes are protecting their own criminals from prosecution and the Yorubas have began by shielding theirs too but they are still playing it wrong.

In other words, I don't want to read news of people killing you. The only news I want to read is there is clash between the Yorubas and so so. That's the only language this country understands. After a year of that, we will now fight for amnesty for you all.
Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by weyreypey: 5:29am On Feb 13, 2021
If we had working laws....this man should have been in jail for embezzling nhis money as exposed under Prof Adewole the former health minister....

They should do amnesty with their own resources..... from cow resources
Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by haffaze777(m): 5:30am On Feb 13, 2021
chrisxxx:
Oil was sold to give Niger Delta agitators amnesty.
Cow should be sold to give Fulanis amnesty.

Oil dey your head,May God continue to bless you for this quick,short and sensible reply.

1 Like

Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by degamonn: 6:29am On Feb 13, 2021
I can clearly see that the insecurity in the north is to a certain extent politically motivated.
Some people are using the issue to be politically relevant.
God help Nigeria.!
Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by Obingo: 8:00am On Feb 13, 2021
I want to use this forum to plead with his Excellency, the executive governor of Kogi State and all those who have his ears on this platform to prevail on Mustapha Akaaba- the executive chairman of Ajaokuta LGA to pay the salaries of workers he has refused to pay in the last three months particularly those on the clemency list of his Excellency - All. Yahaya Bello.

We know the Governor is not aware of this unruly behavior of Mustapha Akaaba, however, the larger populace of the workers are made to believe that this is the instruction from the Governor.

Ajaokuta LGA workers have suffered for too long that they can't bear the pang of inconvenience this unilateral action of the Chairman is inflicting on them.

Your Excellency Sir, as a Presidential material and candidate, you should not allow any action of any of your appointees or subordinates to give a bad image of you to the masses either at the local, state or national level.

I will be expecting a swift response of the governor and I will be back to confirm to the world as soon as the Chairman does the needful.
Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by Whoube99(f): 8:29am On Feb 13, 2021
I think this prof. title ship should be abolish. The title has been so bastardized so much so that, any stupid fellow with cow brain with arrangee prof title will be spewing gibberish.
Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by jimi4us: 8:38am On Feb 13, 2021
98% of Northerners are in support of Boko Haram

Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:44am On Feb 13, 2021
Fulanis are like why can't you just accept your slavery quietly
Re: bandits deserve amnesty like Niger Delta militants –Usman Yusuf by Whoube99(f): 8:50am On Feb 13, 2021
nairalandankrah:

In this interview with VINCENT KALU, he said that for the country to have peace, the federal government should give amnesty to the Fulani bandits the same way it was granted to Niger Delta militants.

The professor of Haematology-Oncology carpeted Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai for not supporting amnesty for the bandits. He scolded both Taraba and Benue governors for proposing citizens to be armed with AK- 47 rifles.

You were in the company of Sheikh Ahmed Gumi when he met with the bandits. The cleric is proposing an amnesty to be granted to them. In what ways has the government offended them that they picked arms against the state?

These children are growing up without any religion with the mixture of drugs, with the mixture of poverty and disenfranchisement. Why are we surprised at seeing what we are seeing?

I know them personally and We know and we are not denying that these people you call bandits are Fulani like myself; they are not from foreign Fulani as some people are saying. No, they are Fulani here.

we cannot and must not disown them because it is just like if you have a child, he has gone astray, you need to pull him close to you and try and preach to him in the hope that you reach his heart in order for him to change his way.

Gumi is asking for amnesty for them, what happens if it is given to them?

What is amnesty? If you catch me and kill me, then why should I hand over my gun? If they are given amnesty, they will give them their guns. They will be provided with what you and your children have been provided with. Over the years, you have been provided with schools, you have been provided with clinics, and you have been provided security that makes you to go out and to come back and other basic amenities.
They will never hand over their guns if you don’t give them amnesty. That is how they did in Niger Delta. Niger Delta militants would never have handed over their guns if they were never given amnesty. Who gave them amnesty? It was a president from Katsina, while previous presidents were killing them, polluting their environments, but he saw the injustice and gave them amnesty. Tompolo and the other guys were not killed; they handed over their guns. NDDC was created; they were given contracts to protect the pipelines.

I state categorically that El-Rufai is wrong.There are people I know from his state that have been kidnapped and are still in the kidnappers’ den.
It is not the government that is paying for their freedom; it is families that are negotiating

You mentioned the amnesty given to the Niger Delta militants, these people picked up arms because of the environmental degradation that they have suffered over the years, what have these bandits suffered that made them to pick up arms?

You know the Fulani, what has any government done for them for the sixty years of this country, anything? Is it hospital, school, electricity, borehole? Nothing. They have never received their fair share in this country. Nobody is giving any excuse for these people. There is no reason for what they do. If you have disenfranchisement, people go into criminality; they are on drugs. All these drugs that come from the South – you remember cannabis intercepted in Edo State worth about N1.2 billion was headed North; the Codeine, the Tramadol are poisoning our kids. So, these Fulani kids are on drugs; they are out of control; about 99.9 percent of Fulani are grazing peacefully. Climate change has dried down the pastures, the cattle are dying and the kids are on drugs.

You said there is no government that has done anything for the Fulani, but sixty years after independence, the North has ruled for about 39 years, who then is to be blamed?

It is not a question of blame game. It was Yar’Adua that sat down and listened to the legitimate concern of the people. He sat down and negotiated with them; why didn’t they kill Tompolo and those people that were carrying machine guns and kidnapping people and bursting pipelines.
we are leaders in our communities and that is why we are doing this; we need peace in our land and they are our children.

All Igbo leaders must sit down with IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu to bring peace in the Southeast, and all leaders in the Southwest must sit down and talk to clowns and idiots like Igboho
to bring peace in their area.

As the insecurity escalates, Taraba State governor, Ishaku and his Benue counterpart, Ortom, last week, proposed that every Nigerian should be allowed to carry AK-47 riffle like the herdsmen to defend themselves. What is your view on this?

They are irresponsible governors.

When we went to the RUGA where you have these people fully armed in their military uniforms, it is scary. What we saw was a battalion. You see children about 13 years old carrying all-purpose machine guns, Rocket Propelled Grenades, AK- 47; the average age is 17. A thousand of them surrounding us in the forest, we didn’t know where we were. The leader is young, in his late 20s. How are you going to fight them? They listened when Gumi admonished them against what they are doing. They surrounded us and were smoking marijuana but the moment they started reciting the Quran, I was watching them, they started dropping the marijuana. By the time we were leaving, it was 10 pm and they gave us 30 motorcycles; each of the motorcycles with two passengers armed with AK-47 to show us the way.

Who arranged the meeting between the Gumi team and the bandits?

I don’t know; there are Fulani all over. Their leaders are from Bauchi, Nasarawa.

In an interview with BBC, Prof Wole Soyinka accused the president of being complicit in all insecurity and herdsmen issues. According to him, the president has never called for the arrest of these herdsmen wielding AK-47 and other assault rifles, what do you say to this?

I want Wole Soyinka and all Southwest leaders to know that this government is as much led by Fulani as Yoruba. The number two man is a Yoruba and the number four in the country is also a Yoruba man.

During EndSARS crisis, were illegality and criminality not committed at that time; were policemen not lynched, were government properties burnt, was the palace of Oba not ransacked; were hospitals not burnt; were people not killed, did I hear the voice of any Southwest leader, did I hear the voice of Prof Wole Soyinka asking for the arrest of these insurrectionists as we see in the United States? I haven’t heard anybody from the Southeast asking for the proscription of IPOB, only Governor Wike.

This is of course all you can ever get from a Fulani quoter system prof.
Always very daft & legendary empty

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov Ikpeazu Hands Off From Okigwe Road Aba / Olusope Samuel Drugged And Raped His Fellow Male Student.(video) / Hijab: CAN Blames Kwara Violence, Bloodletting On Gov Abdulrazaq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.