Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,535 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Science Confirms The Bible - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Science Confirms The Bible (37817 Views)

Science Confirms Eucharistic Miracles / Science Confirms Life After Death! / Science Confirms The Bible - False (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:27pm On Apr 15, 2013
Concerning Bible Science :
the sun orbits the earth, the earth has 4 corners, has a foundation and does not move, thinking with your heart.

Concerning Bible science, see the following verses:

•The sun also rises, and the sun goes down, and haste to his place where he arose. Eccl. 1:5

•And when the sun was going down. Genesis 15:12

•And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down. Genesis 15:17

•The sun was risen upon the earth. Genesis 19:23

•his hands were steady until the going down of the sun. Exodus 17:11-12 1:5

•The foundations of the earth are the LORD’s; upon them he has set the world.1 Sam 2:8

•He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved. Psalm 104:5

•…. dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth. Isaiah 11:12

•Here we see the Son of God {Jesus} failing basic biology: He doesn’t know what the heart is for.
MT 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
MT 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies

• The bible is trying to tell us that insects have four legs: {all insects have 6 legs}

There are, however, some winged creatures that WALK ON ALL FOURS that you may eat: those that have jointed legs for hopping on the ground. Of these you may eat any kind of locust, katydid, cricket or grasshopper. But all other winged creatures that have FOUR LEGS you are to detest. Leviticus 11:21-23

• The bible tells us that bats are not mammals but are instead birds :
These are the birds you are to detest and not eat because they are detestable: the eagle, the vulture, the black vulture, the red kite, any kind of black kite, any kind of raven, the horned owl, the screech owl, the gull, any kind of hawk, the little owl, the cormorant, the great owl, the white owl, the desert owl, the osprey, the stork, any kind of heron, the hoopoe and the bat,” Leviticus 11:13-19

•The bible tries to convince us that the moist trail that we see behind a snail/slug is because it is melting away as it travels along:
Like a slug melting away as it moves along, like a still born child,may they not see the sun. Psalm 58:8

•God inspired the men who wrote the bible to tell us that rabbits chew their cuds
The rabbit, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; itis unclean for you. Leviticus 11:6

This is the simple science failure in the bible I can get for ya
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:03pm On Apr 16, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Concerning Bible Science :
the sun orbits the earth, the earth has 4 corners, has a foundation and does not move, thinking with your heart.

Concerning Bible science, see the following verses:

•The sun also rises, and the sun goes down, and haste to his place where he arose. Eccl. 1:5

•And when the sun was going down. Genesis 15:12

•And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down. Genesis 15:17

•The sun was risen upon the earth. Genesis 19:23

•his hands were steady until the going down of the sun. Exodus 17:11-12 1:5

•The foundations of the earth are the LORD’s; upon them he has set the world.1 Sam 2:8

•He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved. Psalm 104:5

•…. dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth. Isaiah 11:12

•Here we see the Son of God {Jesus} failing basic biology: He doesn’t know what the heart is for.
MT 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
MT 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies

• The bible is trying to tell us that insects have four legs: {all insects have 6 legs}

There are, however, some winged creatures that WALK ON ALL FOURS that you may eat: those that have jointed legs for hopping on the ground. Of these you may eat any kind of locust, katydid, cricket or grasshopper. But all other winged creatures that have FOUR LEGS you are to detest. Leviticus 11:21-23

• The bible tells us that bats are not mammals but are instead birds :
These are the birds you are to detest and not eat because they are detestable: the eagle, the vulture, the black vulture, the red kite, any kind of black kite, any kind of raven, the horned owl, the screech owl, the gull, any kind of hawk, the little owl, the cormorant, the great owl, the white owl, the desert owl, the osprey, the stork, any kind of heron, the hoopoe and the bat,” Leviticus 11:13-19

•The bible tries to convince us that the moist trail that we see behind a snail/slug is because it is melting away as it travels along:
Like a slug melting away as it moves along, like a still born child,may they not see the sun. Psalm 58:8

•God inspired the men who wrote the bible to tell us that rabbits chew their cuds
The rabbit, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; itis unclean for you. Leviticus 11:6

This is the simple science failure in the bible I can get for ya

If you took time to peruse past pages on this thread you would have found out that most if not all of your objections have been answered. For clues check pages 1-7.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:06pm On Apr 16, 2013
ooman:

how well do you do with 6 days creation.?

how well do you do with the story of resurrection?

If you had read the earlie pages of this thread you wouldn't be asking those old and tired questions.

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47pm On Apr 16, 2013
Eben 2: @OLAADEGBU,

I've gone thru your post from the begining and I must thank God for His grace upon you. I pray He gives you more insight into His word that it may profit you and your listeners/readers. Indeed, faith cometh by hearing and hearing by God's word.

Notwithstanding brother, we can only pray for these people after we must have tried to show the light. I Cor 1:18 - 21 says: "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish, foolishness; but unto us which are saved. it sis the power of God. 19. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20. Where is the wise? where is the scribe? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21. For After that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of the preaching to save them that believe"

Remember, the carnal mind cannot understand the things of the Spirit. Let's just put them in our prayers. Perhaps, the Lord will save them the way He saved us.

You are quite right brother, it's only prayer that can break the yoke that is blinding their eyes.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:55am On Apr 17, 2013
toba:

U see. Hardly will any of the atheist on nairaland reply on a thread without insulting or getting aggressive in a bid to sell their belief to others. getting frustrated and agitated wouldn't help u sell your case any better

Good point. That is the MO that they use when they are losing the plot.

toba:

Smdh. Becos people refused to buy into your 'logic' hence u describe them as 'closed-minded and impervious to reason and rationality'? Na wa ooo.

It is obvious that most atheists especially the "evangelical" ones are the most illogical, irrational, unreasonable and unscientific to folks to argue with.

toba:

So what is the reason and rationality u are trying to make us believe in?

They have none except to make their viewers to commit intellectual harakiri.

toba:

Have u read about evangelical atheism? If u ve not, try doing so. The exact way u responded to this thread is same as how evangelical atheists react in a bid to sell their 'belief' to others.

Their apostle is Richard Dawkins, they follow him like a zombie.

toba:

Smdh at your very irrational logic

The moment they become rational is the time they will admit their folly.

toba:

Not to be confused with normal atheists/agnostics, who for the most part just don't talk about religion and accept the beliefs of those around them as their prerogative

If their is anything like atheists they are fast becoming extinct.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:00am On Apr 17, 2013
frosbel: ^

"Look! He comes with the clouds of heaven. And everyone will see him--even those who pierced him. And all the nations of the world will mourn for him. Yes! Amen!" - Revelations 1:7

I hope you do not want to be among those so called wise men who will wail for the time of their punishment has arrived !!

These were the days before atheists converted frosbel from believing in the existence of the punishment in hell.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:22am On Apr 17, 2013
frosbel:

What a nicely written rubbish.

Prayer is the key for deaf people like you, not deaf physically , though that may indeed be true, but spiritually out of tune with the reality of a Great and Mighty GOD.

And actually just to set the record straight , since it is already slightly bent, we Christians serve GOD out of LOVE and Choice not FEAR like many of you tend to believe.

If God were indeed to repay your gross neglect of his blessings upon your life and act like you would, vindictively, by talking away your breath , your handsome self ( I may be wrong here  grin ) will quickly become inanimate while your spirit goes to its prison , reserved for rebels, yes, I mean it, rebels following after their LORD SATAN.

But I know GOD , he will let you carry on in your folly , until such a time , that your rebellion becomes complete.

May this never be so , for I feel in your heart the 'beat' of a potential evangelist , yes a brilliant one at that.

LOVE,

FROSBEL.

To think that frosbel used to believe this is mind boggling. We all know what he believes now. Thanks to the evangelical atheists.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Emusan(m): 11:47am On Apr 17, 2013
@ OLAADEGBU, well done. I believe atheists know the truth but decided streched it just because devil has blindfolded their mind.
II Cor 4:4 says "In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them". Even Bible prayed for them so that they can see the light.
I would like to quote Stephen Hawking here in one of his book.

Stephen Hawking: "Existence [prior to the Big b.ang] can be ignored because it would have no observational consequences. One may say that time had a beginning at the big b.ang, in the sense that earlier times simply would not be defined...One could still imagine that God created the universe at the instant of the big b.ang, or even afterwards in just such a way as to make it look as though there had been a big b.ang, but it would be meaningless to suppose that it was created before the big b.ang. An expanding universe does not preclude a creator...".
So what does it mean if the modern origin myth, unlike almost every other in the past, is not based upon the action of a Divine being? Has modern man lost all ability and desire to have faith? Must he believe things based solely upon reason, that is, what can be proved with rational thought and scientific proof? At first, it may appear so. Many people like to imagine that science and reason are incompatible with faith. In fact, many people simply like to imagine that modern man has deteriorated in his capability for irrationality and imagination. However, these modern theories, like the big b.ang/cosmos theory, are incredible works of imagination! Surely, they find their value in their correspondence to experential fact, by what science can prove, by what it can predict, but it came from one man's mind! These theories do not explain everything! In fact, some of them open up more mysteries than they can't solve. [b]It is upon faith which theories like the big b.ang/cosmos rest. We have faith in the matthemtical systems which derived it; we have faith in the observations which confirmed it; we have faith in the laws of science which supported it. In the end, we have faith in ourselves, in our own capabilites of reasoning and imagining. We have faith in the human being. The big b.ang/cosmos theory, while it differs in the fact that it is a stated theory (that is, open to debate and change) rather than a myth (like ancient lores, which were accepted as truth), is very similar to ancient cosmologies of the origin of the universe. Indeed,they all appear fantastical when we reflect upon them.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:45pm On Apr 17, 2013
Emusan:

@ OLAADEGBU, well done. I believe atheists know the truth but decided streched it just because devil has blindfolded their mind.
II Cor 4:4 says "In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them". Even Bible prayed for them so that they can see the light.
I would like to quote Stephen Hawking here in one of his book.

Stretching the truth will come back to bite them as they have no alternative. Let's continue to pray that the Lord will shine the light of the glorious gospel into the heart until the daystar appears.

We might start to you use their evolutionary terms for something else since it has now become untenable.

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by ooman(m): 2:08pm On Apr 17, 2013
^^^two dumb iddiots deluding each other
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:23pm On Apr 17, 2013
ooman:

^^^two dumb iddiots deluding each other

I trust you to be left with the use of ad hominems when you cannot come up with any reasonable, rational, logical or scientific argument.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:41pm On Apr 17, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

For one, I do not need science to prove the bible , though exhaustive materials have been written by christian scientists and former atheists to affirm that it does.

Keep on with your copy and paste science.

Many of us here are scientists by way of tertiary education and personal hobby, but not foolish enough to try to disprove God's word or book out of sheer ignorance or should we say arrogance.

I have studied evolutionary principles, genetic science , geography with some aspect of geology, archaeology etc , and I see absolutely nothing to make me change my belief that the bible is 1000% accurate.

If you do , it is rather unfortunate.

Gone are the days when frosbel was still with it when he dare not try to "disprove God's words out of sheer ignorance". Which is the exact thing he now occupies his time with. This should teach believers to watch and pray lest we be led into captivity by the devil who is going about looking for those careless believers to devour.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by ooman(m): 3:06pm On Apr 17, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

I trust you to be left with the use of ad hominems when you cannot come up with any reasonable, rational, logical or scientific argument.

another dumb reply
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:07pm On Apr 17, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Gone are the days when frosbel was still with it when he dare not try to "disprove God's words out of sheer ignorance". Which is the exact thing he now occupies his time with. This should teach believers to watch and pray lest we be led into captivity by the devil who is going about looking for those careless believers to devour.

This is a lesson for all true believers. He that thinks he stands should take heed lest what has befallen frosbel befalls you. As he is today singing another song.

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:26pm On Apr 17, 2013
ooman:

another dumb reply

Guess who is dumb here.cheesy

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:46pm On Apr 17, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

A young woman teacher with obvious liberal tendencies explains to her class of small children that she is an atheist.  She asks her class if they are atheists too.  Not really knowing what atheism is but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands shoot into the air.  There is, however, one exception.  A beautiful girl named Lucy has not gone along with the crowd.  The teacher asks why she has decided to be different.

"Because I'm not an atheist."

"So,"

asks the teacher,

"what are you?"

"A Christian", replied the little girl.

The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red.  She asks Lucy why she thinks she is a Christian.

"Well, I was brought up knowing and loving Jesus.  My mum is a Christian and, my dad is a Christian, I also accepted Christ as my personal Lord and Saviour and I know I'm a Christian."

The teacher is visibly angry now.

"That's no reason,"

she says loudly,

"What if your mum had been a mo-ron and, your dad had been a mo-ron.  What would that make you?"

After a pause, and a smile.

"Then,"

says Lucy,

"that would make me an atheist."  shocked

Classic! cheesy
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:39am On Apr 18, 2013
This is why many students that go to higher institutions turn out to be blind, deaf and dumb.

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Emusan(m): 11:04am On Apr 18, 2013
FOLYKAZE:
Here we see the Son of God {Jesus} failing basic biology: He doesn’t know what the heart is for.
MT 15:18 But those things which proceedout of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
MT 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evilthoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.

ROM=Heart component of a computer.
PROCESSOR=Brain component of a computer.

An assignment for you, which one control each other?

To understand Bible is not by carnal mind but by spiritual mind which some scientist failed to implore in their research.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52am On Apr 19, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

@ OLAADEGBU >>> the converse of your topic is also true >>> The Bible confirms Science >>> it is thru both that we make progress >>> I must say that since that old conversation we had upon the tripartite nature of God expressed through Natire : I have never been the same again >>> Few, if any, religionists (including Christians) tasks their minds as to who God is ?

"Oblivion and Eternity are 2 forms of the same thing: Infinity"
- Uyi Iredia

Hi Iredia, can we resume this conversation?
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:52am On Apr 26, 2013
Creation and the Sciences
April 26, 2013

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them" (Genesis 1:27)

The first chapter of Genesis is the foundational chapter of the Bible and, therefore, of all true science. It is the great creation chapter, outlining the events of that first week of time when "the heavens and the earth were finished, and. . . . God ended his work which he had made" (Genesis 2:1-2). Despite the evolutionists, God is not creating or making anything in the world today (except for special miracles as recorded in Scripture) because all His work was finished in that primeval week. He is now engaged in the work of conserving, or saving, what He first created.

There are only three acts of special creation--that is, creation out of nothing except God's omnipotent word--recorded in this chapter. His other works were those of "making" or "forming" the created entities into complex, functioning systems.

His first creative act was to call into existence the space/mass/time cosmos. "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" (Genesis 1:1). This is the domain which we now study in the physical sciences. The second is the domain of the life sciences. "God created . . . every living creature that moveth" (Genesis 1:21). It is significant that the "life" principle required a second act of direct creation. It will thus never be possible to describe living systems solely in terms of physics and chemistry.

The third act of creation was that of the image of God in man and woman. The study of human beings is the realm of the human sciences. Our bodies can be analyzed chemically and our living processes biologically, but human behaviour can only really be understood in terms of our relation to God, whose image we share. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:50pm On Apr 29, 2013
The Tree of Science
April 29, 2013

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die" (Genesis 2:17)

In this age of science, it is well to remember that the basic meaning of "science" (Latin, scientia) is "knowledge." Thus, it is instructive to substitute "science" whenever the word "knowledge" is used in Scripture. For example: "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of science" (Proverbs 1:7).

It is significant that the first mention of knowledge in the Bible is in connection with the "tree of knowledge of good and evil" (Genesis 2:9). God warned Adam not to partake of that which would become in him "the science of good and evil" (Genesis 2:17). Adam already was familiar with good science, because everything God had made was "very good" (Genesis 1:31). But Satan tempted Eve with the humanistic lie that "ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil" (Genesis 3:5), and ever since, "science" has been both good and evil. Real science, properly applied, is good and beneficial to mankind, but "science falsely so called" (1 Timothy 6:20)--that is, pseudo-sciences, such as evolution and the humanistic social sciences--is both useless and harmful.

There are many references to knowledge in the Bible, and it is good to remember that in Christ "are hid all the treasures of wisdom and science" (Colossians 2:3). And it is very significant that the last mention of knowledge, or science, in the Bible is in the last verse written by the apostle Peter before his martyrdom: "But grow in grace, and in the science of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:18).

One can be ever so learned in all the sciences and the various intellectual disciplines of mankind, but if he does not know the Lord Jesus Christ, he has failed in the one science that yields everlasting life. He has eaten of the tree of science but has ignored the tree of life. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:21pm On May 03, 2013
Instantaneous Creation
May 3, 2013

"Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they were created" (Psalm 148:5)

The concept of "fiat creation" is opposed by evolutionists and all who believe in the so-called geologic ages. Nevertheless, this is clearly the teaching of the word of God, and God was there! Psalm 148 exhorts all the stars to praise the Lord, and then notes that, as soon as God spoke, they "were created." Similarly, "By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. . . . For He spake, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast" (Psalm 33:6, 9).

It is worth noting that whenever the verbs "create" or "make" are used in reference to God's work of creation, they are never in the present tense. God is not now creating or making stars or animals or people as theistic evolution requires; at the end of the six-day creation period, in fact, God "rested from all his work which God created and made" (Genesis 2:3).

This is the teaching of the New Testament also. "The worlds |that is, the space/time cosmos, the 'aeons'| were framed |not 'are being framed'| by the word of God |not 'by processes of stellar evolution'|, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear |not 'out of pre-existing materials,' as required by theories of chemical and cosmic evolution|" (Hebrews 11:3).

The Lord Jesus Christ Himself confirmed the doctrine of recent creation. "From the beginning of the creation |not, that is, four billion years after the solar system evolved| God made them |Adam and Eve| male and female" (Mark 10:6). Thus, those who believe in the geological ages are rejecting both the biblical record and the authority of Jesus Christ in order to attain ephemeral acceptance by the ungodly. This is a poor exchange! HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by gbrookes02: 3:36am On May 08, 2013
Science can't confirm or prove any thing, sience is illogical.

"However, the fact that science often contradicts itself is a reason to maintain that it is
irrational and unreliable, and not a reason to permit contradictions in other fields of study.
Science is an irrational discipline of speculation about reality. Sometimes its theories
happen to correlate with effects that we desire, but it cannot discover any truth about
reality. Knowledge about reality comes from valid deductions from biblical revelation,
and never from scientific or empirical methods.7 McGrath gives no argument for us to
ignore or tolerate the contradictions in science; rather, he assumes the reliability of
science despite the contradictions. There is no justification for this.

What makes science the standard by which we must judge all other disciplines? What
gives science the right to make the rules for all other fields of study?"

Systematic Theology (2012), by Vincent Cheung, Page 21. Pdf.

http://www.vincentcheung.com/books/theology2010.pdf

"Most people feel compelled to respect science because of the practical success that it
appears to achieve; however, we have noted that affirming the consequent may yield
results but not truths. Remember what Popper said about Einstein: "He would not, even if
all predictions came out right, regard it as a true theory." The typical college student
would disagree, but the typical college student is not Einstein. Accordingly, although
science sometimes achieve practical ends, it has no authority to make pronouncements
concerning the nature of reality. If the scientist does not know his place, an informed
believer should not hesitate to put him back in his place. Theology is the ruling
intellectual discipline, not science."

Presuppositional Confrontations (2010), by , Vincent Cheung, Page 11. Pdf.

http://www.vincentcheung.com/books/presupp2010.pdf
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:35am On May 08, 2013
Things Not Seen
May 8, 2013

"By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith" (Hebrews 11:7)

The little phrase "things not seen" is used three times in the New Testament, and interestingly enough, these refer to the past, present, and future works of God with respect to the things that are seen.

At the beginning of the "faith chapter" of Hebrews occur these remarkable words: "Now faith is . . . the evidence of things not seen. . . . Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear" (Hebrews 11:1, 3). That is, the material things of this present world were not made of pre-existing materials; they were supernaturally created by the word of the Creator! These things which are now seen provide evidence (or better, the "conviction" ) of the things not seen--that is, of God's creative work completed in the past.

The "processes" that are now seen (as distinct from the "materials" ) date especially from the time of the great Flood. The "things not seen as yet" by Noah--that is, the present atmospheric circulation, the present hydrological cycle, the present seasonal changes, and many other key phenomena of the present order--all were instituted in the days of Noah when "the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished" (2 Peter 3:6).

Finally, "we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for . . . the things which are not seen are eternal" (2 Corinthians 4:18). Just as surely as the materials and processes of the present world once were unseen, but now are easily seen, so the future eternal world will soon be clearly seen when Christ returns. HMM

For more . . . .

1 Like

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by debosky(m): 10:56am On May 08, 2013
We don't know whether the 'things not seen as yet' referred to by Hebrews refers to current hydrological cycles and atmopsheric circulation. To infer that such a claim is 'scientific' is utter nonsense. There is no scientific evidence to claim that there was a different atmospheric circulation/hydrological cycle before the flood and after the flood.

You can claim whatever you want to, but don't say science supports it when it doesn't.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:16am On May 08, 2013
debosky:

We don't know whether the 'things not seen as yet' referred to by Hebrews refers to current hydrological cycles and atmopsheric circulation. To infer that such a claim is 'scientific' is utter nonsense. There is no scientific evidence to claim that there was a different atmospheric circulation/hydrological cycle before the flood and after the flood.

You can claim whatever you want to, but don't say science supports it when it doesn't.

The fact that you are entitled to your own opinion doesn't detract from the the fact that Noah was moved by the evidence of things not seen. It is your choice to remain in the "I don't know" philosophy when real science has already confirmed the saying in Hebrews 11:7 as I posted some pages ago.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by debosky(m): 11:22am On May 08, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

The fact that you are entitled to your own opinion doesn't detract from the the fact that Noah was moved by the evidence of things not seen.

Let me spell it out in case you're confused - the thing 'not seen' by Noah was the coming flood. It wasn't a different 'hydrological cycle' or 'atmospheric circulation'. God told Noah there was a coming flood, and he was moved by this evidence to build the ark. Simple.

As for Hebrews, last I checked, there was no reference to hydrological or atmospheric cycles therein. Those are purely your inventions.

1 Like

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:46am On May 08, 2013
debosky:

Let me spell it out in case you're confused - the thing 'not seen' by Noah was the coming flood. It wasn't a different 'hydrological cycle' or 'atmospheric circulation'. God told Noah there was a coming flood, and he was moved by this evidence to build the ark. Simple.

As for Hebrews, last I checked, there was no reference to hydrological or atmospheric cycles therein. Those are purely your inventions.

Don't be nescient. Those processes that started in the days of Noah's Flood were not visible when Noah received His commission. If Noah had doubted God what do you think would have been his fate by now?

"the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished" (2 Peter 3:6).

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by debosky(m): 12:55pm On May 08, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Don't be a nescient. Those processes that started in the days of Noah's Flood were not visible when Noah received His commission. If Noah had doubted God what do you think would have been his fate by now?

So hydrological processes and atmospheric circulation started in the days of Noah's Flood? cheesy

You need to stop regurgitating this nonsense.

The bible doesn't talk about any processes 'starting' - it simply says Noah believed what God said - i.e. that there would be a flood - without seeing any evidence (not seen as yet), thus exercising faith.

If you go beyond what is stated in the bible with your speculation, that's your prerogative, but keep any such speculation as that - speculation.

1 Like

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Emusan(m): 4:49pm On May 08, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Don't be a nescient. Those processes that started in the days of Noah's Flood were not visible when Noah received His commission. If Noah had doubted God what do you think would have been his fate by now?

"the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished" (2 Peter 3:6).

Hi OLAADEGBU,

How are your days being and hope you receive my PM?
Take care!

Emusan
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:29am On May 09, 2013
debosky:

So hydrological processes and atmospheric circulation started in the days of Noah's Flood? cheesy

You need to stop regurgitating this nonsense.

You are not claiming to be prescient, are you? Read the text in context so as not to arrive in a pretext as you are now doing.

"By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith" (Hebrews 11:7)

Do you believe in the historicity of Noah, the Ark and the Global Flood at all, or do you just take them as allegories?

debosky:

The bible doesn't talk about any processes 'starting' - it simply says Noah believed what God said - i.e. that there would be a flood - without seeing any evidence (not seen as yet), thus exercising faith.

Do not be a make bate. Are you now saying that Noah and the antediluvian age had ever seen rainfall, or a flood river, not to talk of a worldwide Flood before, from which the processes emanated from?

debosky:

If you go beyond what is stated in the bible with your speculation, that's your prerogative, but keep any such speculation as that - speculation.

If my assumptions are based on the solid foundation of the word of God as quoted above then my assumptions can only be educated assumptions. Speculations without any foundations such as the evolution theory, gap theory and the like have no leg to stand on. This is why scientist who are Christians will always arrive at the right conclusions as opposed to what atheist or theist evolutionists would get, and that is just speculations that hold no water.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:31am On May 09, 2013
Emusan:

Hi OLAADEGBU,

How are your days being and hope you receive my PM?
Take care!

Emusan

Hi Emusan, I replied your PM but for some reasons it didn't go through. Keep up the good work and fight the good fight of faith. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Ejiogbe (ogbe Meji) Children Powerful Charm To Have Prosperous Long Life / ‘LOL’ Really Mean ‘lucifer Our Lord’? / When To Be Silent In 20 Situations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.