Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? (24916 Views)

Fayose Better Than Other Nigerian Politician - Photos Speak / Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra / Igbo Women Visit Iara Oshiomole In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
In light of recent comments by Femi this article has furthered my suspicion about the psyche of Non-Igbo Nigerian men towards Igbo women.

In Nairaland, I have seen threads open by the most rabid anti-Igbo tribalists - threads which proclaim a love for Igbo girls.

I can name several non-Igbo leaders (many of these men can be called bigots) who have Igbo wives.

Shoot - even Adekunle, "black scorpion" himself is rumored to have an Igbo wife.

Is this a weird psycho case of "war booty" for these men?

Or are they so beside themselves over igbo ladies that they are torn? See them writing love soliloqies (Like Femi in this thread) and then lashing out "bitter truths."

Hmmm...

I wish Dr. Osuji could make sense out of this in one of his psycho-analytical diatribes.

1 Like

Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by YesBosss(m): 8:20pm On Aug 13, 2013
EzeUche: Mr. Fani-Kayode is truly a man that I respect. My respect continues to grow for this man who comes from such a well respected lineage. He speaks the truth and is not afraid to go against the norm. Excellent write-up from the man. He doesn't look through "tribal" lens when assessing a situation.

The secret to the success of Igbo women is based on Igbo culture. Igbo women will continue to excel, and I am so proud of them. As they continue with their educational achievement, all I can do is smile. Just look at the recent BBC report that say 90% of Igbo women are literate.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by JingoOAU(m): 9:35pm On Aug 13, 2013
Abike dabiri representing ikorodu constituency in the house of representative was and still the best house of representative member since 1999. She has outperformed even more than the men.

Mrs shola alakija, the only african billionaire, ranked the richest black woman in africa.

Mrs. Shagaya, industrialist and a billionaire.

Mrs. Seriki, the founder and owner of Omatek computers.

All the people the Igbos have were only given the leverage by OBJ.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by delpee(f): 11:01pm On Aug 13, 2013
Funke Opeke of Main One Cable Company
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by delpee(f): 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2013
Late Josephine Kuteji Bacita Sugar Company
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 3:30am On Sep 14, 2013
Fani really needs to lay off the weed. 24/7 Igbo/yoruba talk, gosh it is even doing my headin.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 14, 2013
nnenna.1:
In light of recent comments by Femi this article has furthered my suspicion about the psyche of Non-Igbo Nigerian men towards Igbo women.

In Nairaland, I have seen threads open by the most rabid anti-Igbo tribalists - threads which proclaim a love for Igbo girls.

I can name several non-Igbo leaders (many of these men can be called bigots) who have Igbo wives.

Shoot - even Adekunle, "black scorpion" himself is rumored to have an Igbo wife.

Or are they so beside themselves over igbo ladies that they are torn? See them writing love soliloqies (Like Femi in this thread) and then lashing out "bitter truths."

Hmmm...

I wish Dr. Osuji could make sense out of this in one of his psycho-analytical diatribes.

How about name names, you pretentious sycophantic pseud?

Better go seek help before you end up with acute depression because your bitterness is slowly but surely eating deep into what you have left in your brain matter.

Sectioning won't be a bad idea, to be honest.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by tawa89(f): 10:04am On Sep 14, 2013
shymexx:

Better go seek help before you end up with acute depression because your bitterness is slowly but surely eating deep into what you have left in your brain matter.

quit following her around this forum like a stupid dog on heat.

3 Likes

Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 14, 2013
^^^^Lmao...Or you should quit following me around, you flaming butt-pirate! How many times am I going to tell you to stop quoting me? However, due to innate lust for men and homoerotic tendencies, you can't leave me the phuck alone, freaking butt-warrior.

Sod off!
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Desola(f): 12:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
shymexx:

Shymexx, you are guilty of those observations she listed. You exhalt ibo women over your own!

Yoruba men are guilty ojare!

You love ibo girls more than your own.

Fact!
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Desola(f): 12:24pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ibo girls prefer Yoruba men -fact!

Yoruba men lust after ibo girls - facter!

Ibo men and Yoruba girls are toast! - factest!!!
grin
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Kingspin(m): 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2013
Alj Uche:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

please no kill me for here smiley

what igbo spirit cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin igbo spirit grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The spirit that ibo women beat una men hands down.. If you like faint with the truth.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
Desola:
Shymexx, you are guilty of those observations she listed. You exhalt ibo women over your own!

Yoruba men are guilty ojare!

You love ibo girls more than your own.

Fact!

Err...which of the accusations, or should I say rants am I guilty of? Is it the "rabid anti-Igbo tribalist" one - or "proclaiming love for Igbo girls?" grin

Firstly, I'm not anti-Igbo, I'm just sick and tired of Igbo peasants and gits on this forum who spend all day trying to undermine Yoruba's - and their sense of entitlements to everything Lagos, since they have got their own ancestral homes somewhere in the same country. Personally, my pet peeve is when people force a sense of entitlement on other people's properties - especially when they have got their own. That's just greediness and unacceptable. And it becomes sickening when I've got a stake in the "property" they're trying to lay claim to. I don't need to remind anyone that I'm from Lagos and whenever I think about naija, I think about Lagos - that's home right there. My family helped build that city, believe that.

Secondly, I don't think I've ever proclaimed love for Igbo girls - I just stated that they're are among the groups (in terms of ethnicity/nationality) of girls I naturally connect better with, due to my temperament and personality. However, I don't go out there looking for just Igbo girls, I just noticed that they're mostly attracted to the kind of person that I'm and they don't give me problems like their Yoruba counterparts. At the end of the day, I don't choose them, they just prefer me. All I do is just try my luck and more time, I always win with them. But I've never alluded to loving Igbo girls more than Yoruba girls.

Anyway, I don't discriminate - I just get with the flow and do what works best for me.

1 Like

Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by waternogetenemy: 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2013
Desola: Ibo girls prefer Yoruba men -fact!

Yoruba men lust after ibo girls - facter!

Ibo men and Yoruba girls are toast! - factest!!!
grin

Coming from a Yoruba girl. riiiiiigggghhhhhhtttttt...

I can tell u igbo girls have a preference for a better life, regardless of tribe even oyibo is more prefered than yoruba. In Nigeria Yoruba are the least desired by Igbo girls, right after Edo.

Ijaw, Isoko and Ibibio are tops. go figure

Fact.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by waternogetenemy: 2:01pm On Sep 14, 2013
shymexx:

haba! you don't need to get that familiar with her just becos u hear she is igbo. U don't know her. Maybe you all suffer from hallucination and delusion like FFK.

2morrow now, u will claim to know her
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 14, 2013
nnenna.1:

Hmmm...

Buhahaha. Shymmexxxxxxxxx has been busted! Another Femi in the making. tongue tongue

Our next plan is to catch dayokanu and give him wrapper to tie, rotflmao! grin grin Shymmex and Femi have already been wrapperized, e remain Dayo!

1 Like

Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Expensive72(m): 3:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
This thread have outlived it's importance
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by agog: 3:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
Why don't they come and build their country home?
Igwe-1:

Brother, go to the ivy league schools in the US and UK and tell me the names of black students in most of their power professions like Medicine, Engineering, law, , even in state schools, this is the same story. Most IGBOS i have met in the US and Europe, (80%) are in the upper middle class to upper class in those places. That is the success i am talking about. I don't know where you live, but this has been my personal experience and i have travelled around the world.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2013
stillwater:
Buhahaha. Shymmexxxxxxxxx has been busted! Another Femi in the making. tongue tongue

Our next plan is to catch dayokanu and give him wrapper to tie, rotflmao! grin grin Shymmex and Femi have already been wrapperized, e remain Dayo!

Busted?!?! - nah... The only thing I can make out of the post is the symptom of someone haunted by delusions of grandeur and the fear of the unknown. Shymexx is from the streets and we don't snitch where I'm from. And I'm a guy of too many chics and I don't remember people and their names. Whenever I'm done and I dust the dirt off my shoulder, I never look back. So talking about has-been(s) is definitely not in my dictionary.

Anyway, you need to hook-up with a naija guy (I can see your siggy) for some good loving.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 25, 2014
JingoOAU:
Abike dabiri representing ikorodu constituency in the house of representative was and still the best house of representative member since 1999. She has outperformed even more than the men.

Mrs shola alakija read thiere only african billionaire, ranked the richest black woman in africa.

Mrs. Shagaya, industrialist and a billionaire.

Mrs. Seriki, the founder and owner of Omatek computers.

All the people the Igbos have were only given the leverage by OBJ.

Very asinine comment devoid of reason. Given leverage by Obasanjo? What an insult! All Nigerians know that these igbo women were all accomplished and working in their respective fields at senior/executive position prior to being called to serve. Read their resumes...most of them graduated with first class honor(brain): Okonjo Iweala, Aruna Oteh, Ezekwesili, late Akunyili, etc .

Ironically Yoruba women you listed were the ones that got leverage; truth be told. Mrs. Shagaya whom her husband leveraged. Likewise Alakija; leveraged by the oil elites. These should be paired with Ms. Oduah whom I admire for her great feat as Aviation Minister but will not hide she was also leveraged; was already a billionaire prior to becoming a minister; a lot of people don't know this. She is one of the richest women in Nigeria; she owns oil blocks just like Ms. Alakija and very well entrenched in the oil business. Had you listed Yoruba women like Ms. Omobola Johnson and other technocrats; then you might be making a comparative and sensible argument.

Everything should not be looked with tribal mindset. Fani Kayode is known to have written a few articles about the Igbos; this is one I would say most Nigerians irrespective of tribe will agree with him 100% on. Go and look at WEAC, NECO, JAMB registration and performance stats...one common denominator and trend is South East zone has had more women registered for these exams and excelled either on par or above their men when compared with other geopolitical zones; where the men always excelled far above their women. My last statement is very critical and can be verified. That alone validates Mr. Kayode's point.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Real Reasons Odigie Oyegun Withdrew From APC Chairmanship - Daily Trust / 2023 Presidency: Goodluck Jonathan Weighs Options Between APC, PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.