Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,037 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders (16156 Views)

APC Represents Renewed Hope - Seyi Tinubi Tells Miyetti Allah / Jide Awe: South West Will Produce Next President - APC Chief Tells Miyetti Allah / We Will Resist Fulani Vigilantes In Igboland - Ohanaeze Tells Miyetti Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by bolaayenimo: 7:22am On Feb 16, 2021
South-West governors on Monday said a lasting solution cannot be and kidnapping in the region as long as Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nifound to the issues of banditry geria (MACBAN) continues to support killer herdsmen who are not its members but because they share the same language. ­

The Chairman of the South-West Governors’ Fo­rum, Governor Rotimi Ak­eredolu of Ondo State, who disclosed this while speak­ing on Channels Television programme, ‘Politics Today’, monitored by Daily Indepen­dent said rather than taking sides with the criminal ele­ments, Miyetti Allah should join hands with them in flush­ing them out.

According to Akeredolu, most of the kidnap victims who have been debriefed after their rescue said their kidnappers speak a common language which is Fulfulde.

The governor also blame security agencies for allowing foreign criminals easy access into the country, saying secu­rity agencies must do their utmost in fishing them out.
He said, “My duty does not include profiling those who come into the country. But all I know very clearly is that those who are perpetrat­ing these crimes speak the same language. They have a common language with some of our people who are here in this country.

“So, that is where our prob­lem lies. Whether they are for­eigners or they are from here, it is a matter for our security to go into fully and be able to identify them.

“But what we have when we debriefed those who have been kidnapped is that the language they hear is what matters to them, not whether they have come from Mali or Niger. Most of these criminal elements were speaking Ful­fulde, there is no need to run away from it.

“Whether we like it or not, let us agree with ourselves that this is a common lan­guage that is spoken across the length and breadth, par­ticularly in West Africa and parts of North Africa. So, if they come, how did they come here?

“But one of our major problem is that when we have an issue of this nature and a group, the Miyetti Allah, do not have to owe themselves out to defend these people. If they are not your members and you do not agree with

what they are doing, there is no need to defend them. Let us treat them strictly as what they are –criminals and get them out. And you yourselves should support us in getting them out. That is where we are”.

Speaking further, Ak­eredolu also came hard on his counterpart, Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State for justifying the usage of arms by Fulani herdsmen.

Mohammed had last week said herdsmen bearing AK-47 are forced to do so because the government has failed to se­cure their lives and livelihood.

Akeredolu, who said Bala Mohammed did not act as a statesman, added that his statement is capable of fur­ther igniting the crisis as others too may want to carry arms as a means of self-de­fence.

“Certainly, Bala Moham­med has not spoken as a statesman. He probably lost out as to what his reaction should be. How will a gov­ernor in this country today come out and say people should be allowed to carry arms when it is illegal?

“And not just mere arms, he said they should go about with AK-47 when even carry­ing some double-barreled gun is illegal. So, people are not li­censed to carry guns but Bala Mohammed is suggesting to us that they should be able to carry it. For what purpose?

“Bala Mohammed has even poured more petrol into the fire because his speech is unexpected of him. Any statesman or governor should not speak that way. You ask herdsmen to carry guns to protect themselves, so I should also ask my peo­ple to carry guns to protect themselves.

“If that happens, it is go­ing to be very serious and nobody will be spared. So, statements like that should be condemned and I condemn it,” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/s-west-govs-to-miyetti-allah-stop-defending-killer-herders/

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by IamWonderful: 7:22am On Feb 16, 2021
ok
Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by Monogamy: 7:23am On Feb 16, 2021
SW governors are just waking up

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by Tap0lane: 7:40am On Feb 16, 2021
Fair enough

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by niyisky: 7:40am On Feb 16, 2021
Day don break

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:49am On Feb 16, 2021
The Amalgamation of the Southern and Northern Protectorates was not our consensual choice

It was that of the British dictators for their corrupt and selfish gain

They put the Northerners in key positions because they know they can't hurt their corrupt agenda

They want those who are not capable of critical reasoning in power so they can control Nigeria

The Yorubas are nothing like the Igbos or Hausas/Fulanis, we don't share look or language

We don't share ideology or culture so no reason to class us as one people in a country

When two Yorubas are fighting, we call it a quarrel

When a Yoruba and Hausa are fighting, we call it tribalism

This is a sign Nigeria in the real sense doesn't exist

For mankind, there is nothing wrong in cohabiting with fellow human beings

But when cohabiting results in hate, treachery, rivalry, envy and loss of lives

It is better everyone goes their way

Yoruba Nation and Oduduwa Republic is what we want

The Igbos and Hausa/Fulanis should leave and may go and form their countries peacefully too

But for those who want to stay, they should be registered with permit and monitored effectively

This is for peace to reign and last

Shalom

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by nthony10: 7:55am On Feb 16, 2021
Good way to go, I wonder if the south east and south south governors will ever wake up

9 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by Samunique(m): 7:57am On Feb 16, 2021
In all these things, I blame Buhari.
Buhari contest election 3 times, before he eventually won in 2015 being the fourth time.

We never new he was doing that solely to champion an ethnic domination and conquest of other tribes in Nigeria.

Buhari is a definition of anything evil about leadership, he deceived the people into voting him to power and betray the trust so many placed on him. He will never go score free, God willing !

He and his tribesmen will fully pay for the evil, wickedness, bloodshed, and the pains they are causing people.

26 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by Samunique(m): 8:05am On Feb 16, 2021
“So, that is where our prob­lem lies. Whether they are for­eigners or they are from here, it is a matter for our security to go into fully and be able to identify them.

I think this governor is yet to accept the reality on ground, that presently Nigeria does not have any security. What we have now are security forces whose primary, secondary and ultimate duty is to protect and defend fulani criminal herdsmen.

Imagine a group of solders leading herders to a community in Ogun forcing the villagers to allow the herders graze their land with cows. Or the Oyo DPO who shot his brother, an amotekun Corp bcs they arrested some herdsmen. Is this the security you're waiting for to act ?

Oga governor, you go wait tire o !

You better look for all means to defend your land against Buhari and his brothers !!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by eherbal(m): 8:55am On Feb 16, 2021
The south west governors should stand together with one voice and one mission;the total eradication of killer Fulani herdsmen from the region. We know tinubu has signed a pact with the devil to enable his evil presidential ambition which we all know will never see light of day,but innocent lives should not be the collateral damage for his selfish ambition.
Till now the satanic man has refused to make a statement or a stand, on the mass killings and subtle ethnic cleansing by his slave masters. A support for tinubu is a support for evil and all that is wrong. Whoever thinks tinubu will save this country must be suffering from acute malaria and bad hallucinations.
We all know he's the longest serving governor by proxy,and some Nigerians want to trust their future with such a leprechaun of a man? See how badly he has run Lagos aground. Giving unfettered powered to miscreants and hoodlums.cultist are now lords unto themselves,unleashing terror at free will, rise in robbery cases,roads are in horrendous state. Nearly#50billion monthly IGR with nothing to show for it.
2023 is around the corner.lets not fall for their free hand-outs and guile anymore.lets not forget the murders and maiming at the lekki toll gate,the loss of innocent lives in the hands of the military and police, the miscarriage of justice, insensitive and selfishness of this callous and evil government.
#letsnotforget

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by Funlag: 8:55am On Feb 16, 2021
cheesy
Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by bigdammyj: 8:55am On Feb 16, 2021
Noted
Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by sofeo(m): 8:56am On Feb 16, 2021
Ok
Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by adesegun121(m): 8:56am On Feb 16, 2021
Ok
Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by sammyj: 8:56am On Feb 16, 2021
shocked shocked shocked This just the bitter truth. Herds are business men and not government officials to be given special preference shocked shocked

8 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by Grace001: 8:56am On Feb 16, 2021
Northern groups like (arewa,miyetti Allah)etc has never openly condemned the atrocities caused by this Herdsmen.

Now that they are seeing the hand writing on the wall that they are not the only one that poses monopoly to kill, they are forming victims and foaming in the mouth.

Southern Nigeria isn’t middle belt like Benue,Jos etc

If you do nonsense in South you see nonsense, even Buhari can’t save you guys. No time for rubbish

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by Kizyte(m): 8:56am On Feb 16, 2021
After romancing with the devil, be ready to bear the consequences... lipsrsealed I didn't mention names.

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by Kingrefreshed: 8:56am On Feb 16, 2021
bolaayenimo:

https://www.independent.ng/s-west-govs-to-miyetti-allah-stop-defending-killer-herders/

Na Miyatti Allah be the Cover Face of the Kidnappers,Fulani Terrorists and Bandits and All Northern Rapist's.

If not that Nigeria is a failed state they all would have face a firing squad.

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by Emu4life(m): 8:57am On Feb 16, 2021
EXACTLY, that's the major problem with these animals.Well, I'm not surprised, an association that values a cow's life more than 10 human life,RETARDS.

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by DJ10rounds(m): 8:57am On Feb 16, 2021
Good healthy morning nairalanders.Remember to have an healthy breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Nothing beats pap/custard with soybean and bread for breakfast it keeps you full and still supplies nutrients to your body. I deliver soyabean powder anywhere in Nigeria. Plus check my signature for my number
Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by LandMann: 8:58am On Feb 16, 2021
smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by Deathisfree: 8:58am On Feb 16, 2021
Affordable

2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by Lincoln275(m): 8:58am On Feb 16, 2021
This thing is getting out of hands ooo
Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by mayormick(m): 8:58am On Feb 16, 2021
Those people the way dey even dey look sef, na like "boys are not smiling". Honestly, Fulanis have this weird look
Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by cosmatika(m): 8:58am On Feb 16, 2021
I've not been seeing the comments of the dead vulture meat griller, I'll like to see how he'll praise his darling daddy on the events happening in Ibadan since Thursday.
Meanwhile the other self-servicer called Simplyleo should come and lend his rotten view on wat Akeredolu is saying

6 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by Heiting: 8:58am On Feb 16, 2021
I wonder o
Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by 005t0: 8:59am On Feb 16, 2021
To hell.with miyrtti allah

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by Sdr45: 8:59am On Feb 16, 2021
The name Miyetti Allah is suppose to mean God is something...

But anytime I hear such name, all I think about is bloodshed, evil, maiming, kidnapping, bombing

6 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by Bennysam: 8:59am On Feb 16, 2021
nthony10:
Good way to go, I wonder if the south east and south south governors will ever wake up
Because nothing is happening there and you alone is what they kill
Re: Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders by TooMuchStuff: 8:59am On Feb 16, 2021
N

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ / "I Don’t Accept Gifts From People" - Aisha Buhari / Maina’s Recall Was Grand Conspiracy Against Buhari – Human Rights Lawyer,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.