Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? (45831 Views)

Nairalanders What Is your Best Food? / A List Of Some Of Nigeria's Best Food Blogs / Hausa, Ibo Or Yoruba: Which Tribe Has The Best Delicacies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by lovemajek(f): 9:36pm On Aug 06, 2007
everybody likes Amala from mamaput, so I think the yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by Chiori(m): 12:13am On Aug 07, 2007
point of correction. not everybody. my girl won't even want to smell it.
lovemajek:

everybody likes Amala from mamaput, so I think the yorubas.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by lovemajek(f): 10:13pm On Aug 07, 2007
which tribe is your girl, or you mean your kid girl
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by Chiori(m): 12:30am On Aug 08, 2007
i am making a point of correction. you can't say 'everybody' just like that. even God, no be everybody like am, talkless of amala
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by snazzydawn(f): 12:41am On Aug 08, 2007
so you are online? isiokpukpa
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by gee2(m): 2:39am On Aug 08, 2007
[color=#006600][/color] common every1, if u dey find bètà food, go visit IYA BASHIRA, in case u need her address, go ask SHIFI, TUNDE or MEKOY (stylplus). let me knw if u go ò, i want gist. safe journey wink
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by Chiori(m): 2:42am On Aug 08, 2007
gee na so you like nairalanders reach, make long throat kill us
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by terry89(m): 6:15pm On Aug 08, 2007
You are right Zoraro, if people don't have good topic, they should just forget about everthing.! lipsrsealed
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by lovemajek(f): 12:44am On Aug 10, 2007
Chiori:

i am making a point of correction. you can't say 'everybody' just like that. even God, no be everybody like am, talkless of amala

Yes, you are right, but GOD loves everybody,so amala is for everybody even oyinbo dey chop am.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by Chiori(m): 2:07am On Aug 10, 2007
if you talk again, i no go chop am again cheesy
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by lovemajek(f): 3:17am On Aug 10, 2007
atleast you chop am before, you are counted already
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by Macgreat(m): 8:16am On Aug 10, 2007
Na wa ooo
Dis na civil war?
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by Chiori(m): 7:49pm On Aug 10, 2007
I wonder. These people want to force me to eat "their" food. I, too, have taken my decision. On Aburi we stand.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by lovemajek(f): 9:47pm On Aug 10, 2007
what is Aburi.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by Chiori(m): 1:48am On Aug 13, 2007
What part of Nigeria are you from?
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by Adebamise(f): 1:46pm On Aug 13, 2007
really the calabars has the best soup when it comes to vegetables which is very good for the body, but i don't like is there eba (garri) course is too hard when you eat such you might not go to toliet for three days.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by lovemajek(f): 8:34pm On Aug 13, 2007
Chiori:

What part of Nigeria are you from?

I be original amala with gbegiri person.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by Chiori(m): 10:56am On Aug 14, 2007
if you chop garri you no fit toilet for days, make you sabi say na capenter make am with wood.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by yongbabe(f): 8:08pm On Sep 01, 2007
no offence 2 anyone but,
yorubas stink at cookin.
u eat their stew n it feels like ur being slaped. plus the way d eniroment is where they cook lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.
1 have being frends more than 20 yoruba families, n i can say that only like 5 of those familes keep their kitchen cleen.
and from those 5 ony 3 r good cooks.
mabe this does not aply 2 all of them but i would say most of them.

As for food i would say Igbos. we have the best cooks, n the best traditional foods.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by pilas: 6:06pm On Sep 10, 2007
Niger-Delta.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by Bblak(f): 6:13pm On Sep 14, 2007
It's Yoruba all d way. lipsrsealed The Yoruba's in d house se e feel me sha.i op i'm speaking your mind.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by augustluv(f): 5:41pm On Oct 14, 2007
igbo
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:18am On Oct 15, 2007
Whoever says everyone likes amala is hell wrong, i dislike amala and dnt even like the smell.

I would say igbo and calabar. grin
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by Hotone(m): 5:45pm On Nov 09, 2007
The simple answer to your astronomical question is but the answer to this simple question: Which tribe can claim the sole rights to "Pounded YAM"?
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by cecegorz(m): 2:01pm On Nov 27, 2007
hey dudes,
We must appreciate that this is not about being tribalistic, let's not deny we all came from somewhere even before Nigeria came to be.
Even God appreciates different tribes and tongues.

Sorry though, if u're not proud of ur pples's dish and u're just trying to hide under 'de-tribalized Nigerian'
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by uchetobi(f): 11:56am On Nov 28, 2007
Igbos the maybe calarbar next
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by Flowers212: 1:25pm On Mar 20, 2008
uchetobi:

Igbos the maybe calarbar next

Very far fom it Uhrobos have the best food. Eat an Uhrobo woman different types of yam porriage you will know it belongs to them. Try their different types of pepper soup dishes you will speak in tonuges. In fact eat their Okro soup you will know they can cook and i haven't even started with their Egu (ripe plantain with Isu or Eba). After them is the followed by Igbos. Calaba people are only famous for 2 dishes ask someone to name 10 solid dish (beside an Calaba person) they will be confused. The tribe that has the worst dish in fact don't have any dish is the yourbas. The only thing that taste nice is their Jolof rice and thats not even theirs
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by covie(f): 7:35pm On Mar 20, 2008
u cld all say but have u not heard dat a calabar woman cooks 4 a married man,dont xpect him home cos d woman is takin care of his tommy.have u tasted their afang soup or edikanukong or the popular ekpangkukwo?bone by d time u r thru,u'll ask 4 more.then i cld give it 2 the igbos then all others fall third place
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by 4Him(m): 7:37pm On Mar 20, 2008
Bblak:

It's Yoruba all d way. lipsrsealed The Yoruba's in d house se e feel me sha.i op i'm speaking your mind.

sorry o, i'm not feeling you at all. grin You people can only cook ewedu and egusi finito.
I have to hand it to the calabar and igbos . . . those people cook soups that just keep taking you back for more.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by Uche2nna(m): 7:41pm On Mar 20, 2008
I thot we Igbos had it all in terms of food until I jam one calabar girl for undergrad. Ol boy leave matter grin The kain menu menu wey I enjoy for skool no be small thin
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by Flowers212: 12:35pm On Mar 21, 2008
Pls i keep on hearing that Calaba people have the best food, If thats the case name 15 dishes and then i will agree. Not Afang Or Ediki, Just name 15 dishes, and i will rest my case, A set of people that cook Perwinkle in the shell and suck it with dust out i don't think sooooo
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by Scopium: 4:57pm On Mar 22, 2008
undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Simple Cheap But Very Rich And Delicious White Rice With Vegetable Stew Pics. / 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know / How Do You React When You See This Kind Of Bush Allowance?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.