Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,995 members, 7,828,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name (43840 Views)

Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Celebrates Her 46th Birthday Today / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Shows Off Her Backside In New Photos / Is This Albino Guy Hot? Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Asks (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by LUGBE: 1:58pm On Feb 17, 2021
It can be trademarked as a public figure. That does not mean nobody can henceforth bear the name but it simply means it can not be registered again and cannot be popularly used by any other person.

Note,the registration can only be effective in the class it was registered for sure it is registered under entertainment class because in trademark they have 45 classes which means the nature of your business fall in any class and better still a company can also decide to protect their names in all the classes for total exclusive protection.

Kobicove:
Bloody liar...you can't trademark a name that was in existence even before you were born! undecided
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by LUGBE: 2:01pm On Feb 17, 2021
They can no longer register in the class she has registered it but they can still go ahead now to oppose her mark once her registration is published in journal.

wink2015:
But what of other individual who bear that name and they want to use it for trademark also?

How will Omotola action affect their use of the name.
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by baddosky1: 2:02pm On Feb 17, 2021
BreconHills:

If indeed she has trademarked "Omotola" the trademark is likely unenforceable. There are things in common usage that cannot be trademarked or copyrighted. I once overturned a trademark in the Federal High Court on behalf of a client. My clients competitors claimed to have registered " the shape of the shoe including the undersole and the designs therof" I had no problem knocking it off as you cannot trademark an expression, appearance that is already in common usage without exceptional features. She can register "omosexy" but not Omotola.

Lawyer wey sabi him work!

This reminded me of something i have always wanted to know...if for example, there is a special kind of device that is being used widely in some parts of US and the Europe and never used in Nigeria and i decide to fabricate it locally...is it possible to protect it via copyright by making sure nobody or group of persons copy the fabrication? Something like patent.
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by sojfarm: 2:03pm On Feb 17, 2021
So nobody else can name his child Omotola again

Every indivual is a legal entity.
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by lusid: 2:04pm On Feb 17, 2021
Asadujames202:
Leaked tape
Of You sucking Adama Oshomole big rooster
Should be trademarked also
do you have the vid

1 Like

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by Asadujames202(m): 2:05pm On Feb 17, 2021
lusid:
do you have the vid

How old are you?
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 17, 2021
Luckytechtv:

Exactly...You know wxup.
thanks bro
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by FirstCounsel(m): 2:12pm On Feb 17, 2021
cheesy
Capsule101:
If dis woman shows interest in me on my wedding day I ll call off d wedding
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by Mykaelz001(m): 2:12pm On Feb 17, 2021
Capsule101:
If dis woman shows interest in me on my wedding day I ll call off d wedding

Then you lack focus if that be the case.
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by daniel7328(m): 2:12pm On Feb 17, 2021
The Trademark is just for business purpose...

You can name your child or anything you wanna name Omotola as long as it not for a business purpose, you are good..����
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by lusid: 2:12pm On Feb 17, 2021
Asadujames202:

How old are you?
old enough to partake in an orgy
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by Asadujames202(m): 2:13pm On Feb 17, 2021
lusid:
old enough to partake in an orgy

Go read ya books

Kid
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by visatex: 2:14pm On Feb 17, 2021
LUGBE:

It can be trademarked as a public figure. That does not mean nobody can henceforth bear the name but it simply means it can not be registered again and cannot be popularly used by any other person.

Note,the registration can only be effective in the class it was registered for sure it is registered under entertainment class because in trademark they have 45 classes which means the nature of your business fall in any class and better still a company can also decide to protect their names in all the classes for total exclusive protection.

Guy cool down. I understand your point. But..to be honest na scam dem do her. grin
Lawyers dey laugh Omotola for here.
Dem just chop her money! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by ugodson(m): 2:21pm On Feb 17, 2021

But for me, my question is how does it help us as a nation with all the insecurities, hunger and unemployment ravaging our country?

Do you have the qualities for her to higher you. Some one is just minding here biz and u are here saying how does that help the nation. The question is what are you doing for the country igwe355?
U better face the people you elected that's if you voted?

2 Likes

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by Igwe355(f): 2:22pm On Feb 17, 2021
ugodson:

But for me, my question is how does it help us as a nation with all the insecurities, hunger and unemployment ravaging our country?

Do you have the qualities for her to higher you. Some one is just minding here biz and u are here saying how does that help the nation. The question is what are you doing for the country igwe355?
U better face the people you elected that's if you voted?

Ok o let me face them no problem

1 Like

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by BreconHills(m): 2:22pm On Feb 17, 2021
baddosky1:

This reminded me of something i have always wanted to know...if for example, there is a special kind of device that is being used widely in some parts of US and the Europe and never used in Nigeria and i decide to fabricate it locally...is it possible to protect it via copyright by making sure nobody or group of persons copy the fabrication? Something like patent.

I think it will depend on the creators registration. Is it global or country of orign only. Is it name copyright or design and process? Some inventors won't bother to enforce unless you are making a humongous amount of money. I have seen a "Hilton" in Nigeria, a school called "Arsenal" and no one has bothered them.

But you never know. Better to be safe than sorry.
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by BabaIbo: 2:23pm On Feb 17, 2021
sojfarm:
So nobody else can name his child Omotola again

Every indivual is a legal entity.

You can still name your kids Omotola, it's just like trademarking Ronaldo but that can't stop another from using that same name.

That is why most celeb go with their Alias, e.g CR7 etc...

This one has just given free money to the agency in charge because it's not realistic or maybe she is looking for attention/clout.

The name is not her sole idea, she didn't create it or made it popular.

Except she is riding on mass ignorance in Nigeria to get her way.

1 Like

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by Felabrity: 2:27pm On Feb 17, 2021
It's okay to trademark "Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde"

But you can't trademark "omotola"
People were named Omotola hundreds of years before you were born

2 Likes

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by captianfreeman(m): 2:27pm On Feb 17, 2021
Trade-marking a name as common as OMOTOLA is not just ridiculous, it is also nonsensical.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by ugodson(m): 2:29pm On Feb 17, 2021
Igwe355:

Ok o let me face them no problem

No hard feelings, I guess we should all use our vote in the next election to get rid of these IDIOTS.
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by Coolingeffect: 2:30pm On Feb 17, 2021
Not possible in law, except graphically designed in a particular way, shape, design, etc
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by LUGBE: 2:30pm On Feb 17, 2021
In Nigeria you can only trademark your device and register the design not copyright or patent as you stated.

baddosky1:

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by 99thEnemy(m): 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2021
lusid:
i luv milfs.
grin
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by Tats(m): 2:49pm On Feb 17, 2021
Kobicove:
Bloody liar...you can't trademark a name that was in existence even before you were born! undecided

Except of course the person approving the trademark disregarded the existence of the name. Anything can happen if it was patented in Nigeria sad
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by barragan: 2:50pm On Feb 17, 2021
People have had that name for generations and more will still bear that name, how did they allow her trademark the name like she came up with it?
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 17, 2021
She's trying to get at media houses and bloggers
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by NSK4U(m): 2:51pm On Feb 17, 2021
Omotala Jalade Ekeinde,

Ageless bold and beautiful, rock on ma'am!
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by g4gerald: 2:55pm On Feb 17, 2021
Igwe355:
Might be a major landmark for her.

Somethings should not just be news and Omotola of all people should know better! Misplaced priorities!
Oga go nd rest biko if u don't know wat to say. Must everything pple do to better their lives help the entire country. Someone trademarked a name for her bizness to help promote her bizness nd u are here asking how it will help fight insecurity in the country, are u Ok? U shud ask dat question to ur leaders. Did u elect Omotola in any position of authority in governance? And wen has it bcom her responsible to feed the hungry pple in the country. Learn to hold ur leaders accountable nd allow innocent pple to live their lives nd enjoy their success in peace biko.
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by kingsley989(m): 2:57pm On Feb 17, 2021
Igwe355:
Might be a major landmark for her.

Somethings should not just be news and Omotola of all people should know better! Misplaced priorities!
Oga that’s her personal achievement. So she should celebrate because our leaders have decided Nigeria won’t go forward. Please leave the woman alone.
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by Lovelyn451(f): 2:57pm On Feb 17, 2021
I don't even know any Yoruba bearing the name sef
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by sojfarm: 2:58pm On Feb 17, 2021
BabaIbo:

You can still name your kids Omotola, it's just like trademarking Ronaldo but that can't stop another from using that same name.

That is why most celeb go with their Alias, e.g CR7 etc...

This one has just given free money to the agency in charge because it's not realistic or maybe she is looking for attention/clout.

The name is not her sole idea, she didn't create it or made it popular.

Except she is riding on mass ignorance in Nigeria to get her way.

Thanks
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Trademarks Her Name by charleybam(m): 2:58pm On Feb 17, 2021
She no know say dem don scam am,the billing no be here grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nadia Buari Confirms Birth Of Her Twins At Last; See Her Instagram Post / Gifty Powers Teaches Daughter How To Twerk, Nigerians Blast Her / Uti Nwachukwu SLAMS Greedy Instagram Beggar Who Rejected N20,000 He Dashed Him!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.