Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 - Politics (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 (99623 Views)

IBB Shuns Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections In Niger / Presidential, National Assembly Elections Vicious – Soyinka / Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by soloqy: 9:21am On Apr 12, 2011
luluosas:

Abuja Election Shocker: 12 Persons Arrested With 1 million Presidential Election Ballot Papers!
April 11, 2011 - 23:21 — siteadmin
By SaharaReporters, New York

The Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) has alerted Nigerians of massive efforts to print election ballots for the purpose of rigging next Saturday’s presidential elections, for which 12 people are now under arrest.

This follows the discovery by the police that over one million ballots had been printed at Tulip Press, an Abuja printer. The men are in police custody at Utako Police Station, Abuja, and the DPO, Mallam Usman Umar, has confirmed that the case has been transferred to the Force Headquarters.

In a statement issued this evening, signed by Rotimi Fashakin, the National Publicity Secretary of the CPC, the Congress said two men, Akinlolu Akinto and Habila Stephen, were first caught with 100,000 ballot papers loaded into a van. In the ensuing police investigation, the other one million ballots were discovered.

The CPC noted the allegation that TULIP Press was responsible for the fake ballot papers that have been found in Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara and other parts of North West.

“In another potential ‘show stopper’ for the presidential elections, our impeccable sources pointed that a lorry load of ballot papers had been removed from INEC stores to the Aso rock villa, ostensibly as samples for the view of Candidate Goodluck Jonathan,” the Congress said. “When INEC was confronted with this allegation, the veracity of which was confirmed we were told the matter is still under investigation!”

It said it recognizes that Saturday’s presidential election “is a ‘do or die’ for some because they have a lot to explain to the Nigerian people, should they lose,” for which no effort is being spared to ensure victory.
The CPC then appealed to its supporters to be even more determined to be prepared to give the final push for the espousal of a new Nation.

Source: http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/abuja-election-shocker-12-persons-arrested-1-million-presidential-election-ballot-papers-0

I am very sure that, GEJ fans will no how defend their sponsor Jonathan. One thing I want to let them know is that, if they are not satisfied because Sahara Reporters has exposed their secrets, they should carry out private investigations themselves, to ascertain the true position of this magnitude allegation. Time shall definitely tell.
BB all the way.

As long as you are quoting Sahara Reporters, you are on a looong thing.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by dazangel11(f): 9:25am On Apr 12, 2011
Goodluck Jonathan
Some say I rely on luck, but was it luck that got rid of fuel queues, revived our textile industries, rescued our banking sector, ensured total radar coverage for Nigeria, is reviving our rail infrastructure or expanded the economy by over 8% making Nigeria the 4th fastest growing economy in the world? Those are the result of hard work. Only hard work can make Nigeria work. GEJ
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by zeeleso(f): 10:02am On Apr 12, 2011
jmaine:

[b]The emboldened is synonymous with incitement to violence if things go against them and will also encourage the resolve of the crude bombers who would want to go all out and enforce the Northern " I must rule syndrome" by throwing more bombs . .May their Bomb Shred their body and soul with that of their cohorts . .How sophisticated can the northerners be if a Jumat service by a bigoted imam tells them to do otherwise and vote along religious line, to me that is more of a zombie like control that lacks sophistication in all ramifications . .

I have Good news for You . .  We have the The North and The South while the votes of the North will be divided between The 3 Northerners with Buhari taking the majority and also GEJ sharing a percentage also, The South (SW = 70%  undecided ) stands United in our resolve to unleash our power where it counts . .Voting GEJ . . .and i Hope your Jumat service will largely influence places like Kaduna South, Abuja, Plateau, Niger , Adamawa, Kogi, cos if they be found lacking in those areas  . .then all i have to say to you is sorry in advance . . .

No Bomb throwing will stop the Goodluck Tsunami and i will be more than glad to hear famliar moans of Rigging [/b]

Which Goodluck tsunami? mtschewwww, Buhari has lost two elections and even when it was clear that he was cheated out of votes there was no violence. Its no longer Dokpesi and IBB responsilbe for bombs abi, its now buhari.  The best man doesnt always win because . . . well many are gullible, they buy into the whole no shoes humble man facade and secondly Rigging.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by fuke(m): 10:42am On Apr 12, 2011
jmaine:

[b]The emboldened is synonymous with incitement to violence if things go against them and will also encourage the resolve of the crude bombers who would want to go all out and enforce the Northern " I must rule syndrome" by throwing more bombs . .May their Bomb Shred their body and soul with that of their cohorts . .How sophisticated can the northerners be if a Jumat service by a bigoted imam tells them to do otherwise and vote along religious line, to me that is more of a zombie like control that lacks sophistication in all ramifications . .

I have Good news for You . .  We have the The North and The South while the votes of the North will be divided between The 3 Northerners with Buhari taking the majority and also GEJ sharing a percentage also, The South (SW = 70%  undecided ) stands United in our resolve to unleash our power where it counts . .Voting GEJ . . .and i Hope your Jumat service will largely influence places like Kaduna South, Abuja, Plateau, Niger , Adamawa, Kogi, cos if they be found lacking in those areas  . .then all i have to say to you is sorry in advance . . .

No Bomb throwing will stop the Goodluck Tsunami and i will be more than glad to hear famliar moans of Rigging [/b]

No there will be no bombs.  As my friend said in an earlier post, we  do not throw bombs

At the Jumat we will simply tell then vote Buhari.

On Saturday the north will vote en-block, Buhari.

Sai BB
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Bensonite: 10:47am On Apr 12, 2011
agabaI23:

And my advice is please, read the whole write up carefully. It is an interesting read so that you will stop using the name of this man inappropriately.

SANUSI does not support Buhari for presidency for many reasons amongst which are

1. He cannot operate in a democratic environment
2. he should be a statesman
3. he should be training other Buhari's
4. he does not believe in recycling
5. he will be frustrated

Agbara123, I am surpirised you choose to engage sagamite in an intellectual discourse when others have been avoiding him. You have made him a little significant because some people wasted time reading his usual use of moooron. Please avoid him. This are the kind of people that support Buhari without anything upstairs- zombie.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by fuke(m): 10:49am On Apr 12, 2011
dazangel11:

Goodluck Jonathan
Some say I rely on luck, but was it luck that got rid of fuel queues, revived our textile industries, rescued our banking sector, ensured total radar coverage for Nigeria[b], is reviving our rail infrastructure or [/b]expanded the economy by over 8% making Nigeria the 4th fastest growing economy in the world? Those are the result of hard work. Only hard work can make Nigeria work. GEJ

Reviving rail infrastructure?

Wao. When other countries are using electric trains that move at about 100mph.
You are now praising GEJ for bringing 1943 used coaches from China or wherever.

If anything, what you call the rail revival  is a big minus.

For that GEJ scores a miserable E
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 12, 2011
There is a already evidence of widespread rigging .

I believe that CPC were cheated.

I think if there is an exit polls of which party people voted for in House of senate and in house of Reps elections it should reveal the extent of the rigging that has taken place.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by paddylo1(m): 4:47pm On Apr 12, 2011
@Recoome and Paddy_lo

Both of you should be ashamed of yourselves, because i mistakenly said our reserves, does that mean i was lying or didn't know what i was saying?

Our reserve had $42.5Billion when Yaradua was the president, not it's about $39Billion even at oil price at $111 per barrel, our budgeted price is $65, now we have it at $111, instead of the reserves to grow, its reducing.

As for the ECA, we had $30Billion when Yaradua was there, now we have less than $320 million, why do we have $300 million in it instead of the account growing? what happened to all the amount that was redrawn from these two accounts?

Where did $29.7billion from the ECA go to? where did $3 billion from the Reserve go to?
what is happening to the extras we have been making since price of oil soared high?

we make about 2 million barrel of oil per day, we budgeted $65, now price is at $111, that's an extra of $46

$46 x 2 million should be how much? that's a whopping $92,000, 000 daily.

If you think i am wrong, please correct with facts, where is our daily $92,000,000 going to? who's in charge of this extra pay we are making that's not in the budget?

I will reply u in due course. . my earlier post was deleted
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by paddylo1(m): 4:58pm On Apr 12, 2011
^^
[b]EXTERNAL RESERVES
I will be brief. . .The CBN manages the External reserves. . and it has told u that there is elevated demand for dollars due to the political risk inherent in these elections. . .The CBN offers dollars for sale on the WDAS twice weekly. . last week it offered $1 Billion( thats $600million and $400million)

The CBN has to try and meet this elevated demand so as to maintain the level of the naira and not depreciate it
depreciating the naira will lead to imported inflation and more poverty for our people

The CBN has also introduced Foreign exchange forwards and derivatives last month to try and smooth out demand for dollars. . right now it offers 1 month,2 months and 3months forward contracts. .

Sanusi has said that at the rate the reserves are building it should be significantly higher than it is now by yr end. . .

EXCESS CRUDE ACCOUNT

The ECA was set up to save excess oil earnings. . .however in times of economic crises like during the world financial meltdown it is expected to be used as a counter cyclical measure to prevent the country going into recession and augment government finances

Thats exactly what happened and why the money was spent. . .However the Government is trying to set up a SWF to replace the ECA. . .The bill has just been sent to the National assembly and if passed this year it will help make our excess oil earnings better and professionally managed

note that Nigeria and Iraq are the only OPEC nations without a Sovereign wealth fund. . .Pls go and ask Buhari why he didnt set one up for the country back in 1983 when he ruled?. . . .it is now left for Jonathan 30yrs late to set up. . .

Finally The Excess crude account has grown to $7Billion dollars(as at yesterday) from about $2 Billion in January 2011. . .pls give jonathan credit for that
The man is lucky and good for Nigeria. . immediately he comes in oil prices rise. . lol

pls see link below from todays businessday. . .
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/excess-crude-account-rebounds-hits-6-9bn/89484/

DIFFERENCE BTW OIL REVENUES AND OIL EARNINGS

As for your misguided mathematics about our oil earnings. . what u did above by multiplying 2million barrels by the price of oil is plain wrong

If u do that u get our oil revenues or sales. . but every financial guru( i guess u are not one). . knows that sales is not equal to earnings. . .
what i am trying to say is that oil companies make the sales and pay taxes, royalties plus NNPCs share of the PSC/ Joint ventures

For instance the deep offshore where most of our oil production is taking place we only get 35% of the total sales plus taxes. . because we gave the companies generous concessions so as to develop those fields

as for the difference between the budgeted $65 dollar/ barrel and the current $120 dollar per barrel?. . .well that goes to the ECA for now. . and it has ballooned to $7Billion dollars in just 3months. . .showing that Jonathan is doing the right thing for Nigeria. . .

cheers
[/b]
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by 2muchlogic(m): 6:43pm On Apr 12, 2011
;d ;d ;d
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 12, 2011
[flash=850,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acd4f_miAvA?version=3[/flash]
His government achieved a great deal in just 1.5 years
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 7:13pm On Apr 12, 2011
General how far? You are owing me oo grin
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by damoche07(m): 7:45pm On Apr 12, 2011
@paddy jo,I can imagine d pain,bandwith,time and energy it costed u in defendind d indefensible.U can't fool evryone at d same time remember.The Excess Crude Account was created albeit unconstituionally by Gej's mentor-OBJ and was meant AS A BUFFER during RECESSION.av we been in an unusual recession since Nov,2010 or so when GEJ came in? The first week after the doctrine of neccesity was invoked he caved in to the guvnors demands and signed off part of d ECA.Since then aving discovered aw much leverage he could gain politically signing off d ECA,he has not stopped.Even GEJ during his struggle for the third term didn't liquidate the account.Gej has mismanaged the ECA,FACT! For ur claim that the ECA is going into thje sovereign wealth fund(SWF) am sure u are aware that d seed money proposed for the SWF is a miserly $1Billion. Just a billion my friend.Aw can u now relate a $1Billion fund with the over $30Billion ECA that Gej has mismanaged.Tell him to be ready to explain when the handover process begins in a weeks time. Thank u.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by HonProf2(m): 9:48pm On Apr 12, 2011
@ Aishat, source of news pls, Omowaiye Oluremi must be safe.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 13, 2011
@agabaI23
I am fine thanks  grin

And u?

what u mean I owing ?

PDP are busy rigging the elections , you guys are owing us  angry grin

Looks like there is going to be an alliance formed  against GEJ which has lifted us BB supporters  grin
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by honeric01(m): 4:59am On Apr 13, 2011
@Paddy_lo

You didn't answer most of my questions, what happened to the money GEJ met after Yaradua's demise, and why should we have $7b in the ECA when he met $30b there? yes i am not a financial guru, but knows numbers. and why is the reserve also going down from 42.5b to 39.5 and even about 39b now? if we truly want to follow it, what we have earned so far as excess should be more than what gej said we currently have in the ECA no matter how you try to paint it.

when it comes to handling money, GEJ is worse at it and corruption is growing under his nose.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by dazangel11(f): 9:02am On Apr 13, 2011
Together, we sent last Saturday and we will again by the grace of God next Saturday send a loud message to the World that Nigeria is on an unstoppable forward movement to free, fair and credible elections and a post election period of peace, progress and stability. God bless Nigeria. GEJ

Goodluck Jonathan
Thank you Nollywood for your endorsement. I believe in your talents and have shown my belief by dedicating $200 Million as low interest credit to support your industry. I have the firm belief that Nigeria's wealth is not under the ground but between her citizens ears. GEJ

Goodluck Jonathan
Before my sojourn in politics, I had no house, account or property outside Nigeria and all my kids schooled in Nigeria. When I became President by the grace of God and the wish of Nigerians my story did not change. Everything remains the same. My political offices never altered my taste for things Nigerian. Till the day I die, Nigeria will be the centre of my world. GEJ
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 12:27pm On Apr 13, 2011
GenBuhari:

@agabaI23
I am fine thanks  grin

And u?

what u mean I owing ?

PDP are busy rigging the elections , you guys are owing us  angry grin

Looks like there is going to be an alliance formed  against GEJ which has lifted us BB supporters  grin
You are owing me some nuts grin

Alliance is dead and you know it tongue
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by danteweb: 10:37am On Apr 14, 2011
Guys, there's this online service that lets you campaign to your Friends specially to those who may not have access to the Internet. Let's win this election men. Its obvious that Ribadu is the right guy.
http://thetimeisnownigeria.com/campaigns/sms_message/new

Read what really happened at the alliance talk here:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/why-acn-cpc-talks-collapsed/
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by luluosas(m): 12:27pm On Apr 14, 2011
THINK! NIGERIA THINK!
Fellow Nigerians, the time has come again to elect our president for the forth coming presidential election on April 16, 2011. Here lies the opportunity for you to either make this democracy work or not to work.

Before you cast your VOTE for your preferred presidential candidate this Saturday, I want you to first reflect on the past 12 years of our democratic journey as nation.
When this Fourth Republic was birth on Saturday 29th May, 1999, we were all excited and full of high expectations from the new democratic government, under General Olusegun Obasanjo as the new president. The international community celebrated our Military men for keeping to their promise of running the government for just 9 months. General Abdusalam Abubakar will forever be remembered, for the wonderful role he played in ensuring that, the Military did not hold on to power, after the sudden death of General Sanni Abacha, on Monday June 8, 1998.
Let us think and reflect on this. If the Military could conduct a democratic elections from nothing within 9 months, what excuse do the elected democratic personel have, not to conduct a true FREE, FAIR and TRANSPARENT elections 12 years after? Think! Nigeria Think!

The current dispensation has witness the emergence of 3 Presidents since May 1999, led by Olusegun Obasanjo, May 1999 to May 2007, on the platform of PDP. He was succeeded by Umar Musa Yar'Dua between May 2007 to May 5th, 2010, on the platform of PDP. The death in Office of President Yar'Dua on May 5th, 2010, ushered in the emergence of Goodluk Jonathan, on the platform of PDP, as the substantive President on Thursday, 6th May, 2010 till date.
It has always be the affairs of PDP since 1999, based on their perceived national spread , in producing the presidents. But, it is no longer news that, the reason they have succeeded so far is the keeping quietness of the few enlightened citizens of Nigeria. The elections has always been rigged, manipulated and outright buy over with the public funds and yet, we feel comfortable. Think! Nigeria Think!

Now, the present state of affairs in Nigeria, calls for a revolutionary change through the ballot box. We can no longer sit on the fence and mortgaged the future of the unborn Generation. If will fail to get it right this time, posterity will judge us forever. Think! Nigeria Think!

The present Government has established 9 new Universities in order to deceive the people that, this government is a national one. My question to the graduates from the Universities is this. How many of you is today employed by the government both at State level and Federal level? The thinking of this government in establishing these schools, is to accommodate the ever increasing crave for educational advancement, which is a welcome development. But, where is the job that is created for the these youth by the time they graduate? No wonder we have increase in crime rate today. Kidnapping, armed robbery, boko haranism, Jos violence, political assassinations and more recently, bombings has taken a dangerous shape with government watching helplessly. Who will rescue from this day light disaster in the midst of plenty? God, will call on you to intervene. Think! Nigeria Think!

This government of today is wasting tax payer money for the salaries of legislatures that has absented from sitting over a year ago. It is on record that, PDP members in Edo State House of Assembly, has since February 2010 refused to attend house meetings and yet, their salaries and allowance is continuing. Nigerians, what do you call this? Think! Nigeria Think!

Today, Mutala Nyanko, the Governor of Adamawa State, on the platform of PDP, is wasting the State's resources on political associates, through what he termed "Special Assistant (SA)". The beneficiaries do not work, only to wait till the end of the month to collect their special packages. What you you normally hear towards month ending is, dem don pay? Nigerians, what do you call this? Think! Nigeria Think!

The PDP Government does not mean well for Nigeria. All the praise singers of Jonathan today have failed to realize one thing. A snake will always give birth to a snake. Secondly, a Leopard can never changed its spotted body. If you can analyzed this, you will quickly discover that, no matter how good and promising Jonathan may appear, the environment that surrounds him will never let him do what is right. How can he stand against Obasanjo, the man who single handedly pushed him forward for the race? Think! Nigeria Think!

I usually ask myself, if the people supporting Jonathan today knows what they are doing at all. Ethno-religious issues has crept into the campaign. A friend of mine asked me, why are you voting for unbeliever Buhari? I laughed why telling him that, Nigeria is a multi religious State that, both the Christians and Muslims has equal right to govern it. Think! Nigeria Think!
So, as you prepare to elect your President this Saturday, please, vote your conscience. Never you sell your conscience for peanuts thereby mortgaging the future of your children. Vote wisely and guide your vote jealously, so that it will really count.

Lugard Ekhator,
Yola,
Adamawa State,
Nigeria.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by dazangel11(f): 2:33pm On Apr 14, 2011
I am optimistic that the issue of North/South dichotomy will gradually fade away; in the new Nigeria, we shall be talking about Nigeria, not ethnicity, or religion, we shall focus on the economy, infra-structural development, employment and security. This is my covenant with Nigerians; With God's help I promise I will not disappoint you. GEJ
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by dazangel11(f): 4:57pm On Apr 14, 2011
There is a shared desire of every Nigerian and that is a desire for progress. Now consider this-how can Nigeria make progress if we are all pulling in opposing directions? This is what we do when we operate from a sectional perspective. We can only make progress when we pull together. Take my hand and let us pull towards progress together as one indivisible nation under God. GEJ.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 14, 2011
Buhari's character reference :
[flash=900,600]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCZp8DrkSvA?version=3[/flash]
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 6:03pm On Apr 14, 2011
Johns83:

This was just forwarded to my phone: Today in Kaduna PDP disbursed N1.9billion in their bid to win saturday presidential election as follows: 1. LGA returning officers N5mil each 2. LGA Admin Sec. N3mil each 3. INEC directors N3mil each 4. All DPOs N500,000 each 5. All SSS LGA N500,000 each 6. Other INEC officials N2mil The monies were disbursed at Malali and U/rimi btw 10am to 1pm by 1. Alh Hussaini Jallo 2. Alh Hamisu Mairago 3. Alh Lawal ismail 4. Alh Mukhtar Yero (Deputy Gov.) PDP have a budget of N3bil per state against saturday election. Kindly inform INEC, EFCC, PRESS and Observers. Pls use your phone to snap and record all dealings. Protect your vote. Vote Wisely

Reetard, and we are suppose to believe this based on you saying so?

Mooron, stop chatting shyt without evidence!

Why didn't you just say they distributed N1bn each to LGA officers.

Fooooooooooool!
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by luluosas(m): 7:28pm On Apr 14, 2011
Desperate: Arising from or marked by despair or loss of hope.

The above is the definition of desperate. I usually wonder, when people are saying that, Buhari is desperate, in regards to his Presidential aspirations. When Atiku was running against Jonathan, people said he was desperate but, since he lost to Jonathan in that Kangaroo primaries, we now understand who actually was desperate. It was never Atiku, but, Jonthan, that was desperate.

Coming to the matter at hand, Buhari for all I care can never be said to be desperate. Reasons be that, he is comfortable with his Military Pension. If so, why is he contesting then? Simple. The level of decay and rut in the system is his primary reason for coming to contest. Remember the adage that says: Evil strive when good men keep quiet. The situation of things in Nigeria today calls for a radical change. We cannot keep pretending that all is well. All is not well at all. So, don't let anyone deceive you with their FAKE smile that, it is well.
Again, Buhari cannot be said to be desperate because, he has never shown any trait of desperation in his entire life. If you doubt me, how do you explain of a former Head of State, without a single plot of land in Abuja, no oil block nor being a thriving government contractor? His seeking the presidential office is simply service to his father land. Please, never you mistake this for desperation, as he is not in government nor wanting to retain it by all means possible.

As for Jonathan, he is bound to be desperate because, the man up need to fear of falling. Having said that, his desperation is traceable to 2010, when he bluntly refused the advice of his Presidential Advisory Council PAC, not to seek for the presidential position in the 2011 presidential election. This is the committee he set up to advised him on National issues and yet, he never heed their advice. What can you say of this? Again, Jonathan is bound to be desperate because, should he lose this election, he has many things to lose. As a man whose occupation now is politics, how can he align himself with the ordinary people, maybe to seek for professorial appointment from the Universities, after serving as Commander in Chief Of The Arm Forces? He can never do it hence, his desperate move to buy all the buyable with Nigeria's tax payers money. Jonathan has course to be desperate because, he does not want to be seen as a weakling during this presidential elections. This is the more reasons you see the manoeuvrings here and there.

For you people saying that, Jonathan has conducted a free and fair election, in regards to last Saturday NASS elections, may I tell you that, the President State of Bayelsa, recorded the highest number of stolen boxes. Do you still call it free and fair? No. In fact, from Bayelsa to Sokoto, Jonathan waste Nigeria's money to bribe the Police, SSS, Returning Officers, Media Editors, opposition political parties and the common voters. Don't let me hear you ever say that, the elections were free and fair.
Even the primary election that produced him was a buy over. If not, how do you explain the reason behind the locking up of delegates from the reach of Atiku in Abuja, before the primary elections? Nigerians, open your eyes and shine it well. Do not allow the pretentious humble looking of Jonathan to deceive and mislead you into oblivion. The future of your children should be of great concern to you. Before you cast your vote on Saturday, think deeply, if this is the Nigeria of your dream. PDP is a CANCER that must not be allow to grow further, into our National life. God bless Nigeria.

Lugard Ekhator,
Yola,
Adamawa State.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by dazangel11(f): 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2011
I urge Nigerians to shun violence during the elections tomorrow and at all times. You cannot gain any lasting advantage via violence. Look at my life, I have NEVER been involved in violence in my life, yet God and the good people of Nigeria have been kind to me. Love of God and your fellow man will get you much farther than violence will get you. GEJ
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by tlops(m): 8:16pm On Apr 15, 2011
IT is well with 9JA! vote your conscience tomorrow knowing that your decision will affect the next 4 years +vely!
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Eltonluigi(m): 7:19am On Apr 16, 2011
@luluosas,buhari might not be desperate and he's clearly a good man but the fear of Nigeria is that it might not understand the principal of fundamental human right and i don't any difference in Jonathan,Buhari,Ribadu or Shekarau.it is a pity this election wouldn't bring much change as its been speculated, most Nigerians lacks awareness and people would still vote ignorantly;the last polls(parliamentary) can testify to that and we can all see where the votes are going!
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by otokx(m): 8:12am On Apr 16, 2011
we should have a dedicated thread for todays event. where is aisha?
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 8:52am On Apr 16, 2011
otokx:

we should have a dedicated thread for todays event. where is aisha?

There is one here

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-647931.0.html#msg8139231

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Mobbed By Nigerians At London Resturant / Female Billionaires That Own Private Jets In Nigeria(photos) / Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.