Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 - Politics (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 (99576 Views)

IBB Shuns Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections In Niger / Presidential, National Assembly Elections Vicious – Soyinka / Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by muami(m): 11:58am On Apr 11, 2011
jmaine:

Source please  shocked shocked  grin grin  . . .Impressive collection but this na word of mouth oo!  tongue . .Back to the topic bro . .

He was Just looking for a hiding spot . so let us pretend to give him one by ignoring this angle that not carrying first does not matter in a game of athletics, even athletics sef, Fourth no get mouth for where the big boys dey yarn  grin

Meanwhile in a game where only the first contestant carries the day, you took a distant fourth,after showing off to your classmates by actively doing over night jacking and training says a lot about your capacity to be taken seriously in whatever you do. And permit me to add simply embarassing and also disgraceful . .

Well said. On the lighter side, dont worry after I graduate this time, I would back up my mouth.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Eziachi: 12:11pm On Apr 11, 2011
aletheia:

^Are you being a hypocrite? And the former PDP and ANPP criminals hovering around your "messianic" General Buhari who is clueless are what? The "saints" that will deliver Nigeria? How pitifully naive you are. Oh and BTW the less than average guy has accomplished more than you will ever accomplish. At least he's the president of a nation of 150 million people and you are the president of what. . .?
And I hate you telling me that Buhari will repair this country; when he was the one that set in train the series of events that wrecked Nigeria's second Republic.
It very idiotic to associate me with any Nigeria political PLCs masquerading as parties. I don't have a candidate, only trying to state things as I saw them, just as I had seen them in the past but watch as people make the same mistake over and over again.
I try as much as I can to observe things as human with some conscience and a mind of my own, not following the crowd. Jonathan being the leader of 150 million Nigeria is not based on his intelligent of his brilliance and I do not think in anyway that he than me/you as a person if left on a man to man basis.
In a couple of weeks now, probably one of the worse and inept person in Igboland to hold a public office (T.A Orji of Abia State) will be rewarded again by people of your like mind and you will bring out th drums as you said to salivate it.

If Nigerian leadership is based on merit, I AM SURE the likes of Jonathan or OBJ will never come near it when Soyinka or Achebes of this world will even win a councillor election in Nigeria.
Read my latest post about APGA and alliance, its not based on my affiliation with any body or person but based on unbiased observation.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by victoire1: 12:54pm On Apr 11, 2011
Forgive my ignorance on this but I've looked at the policies of the main parties involved and apart from PDP, it just appears the rest are 'niche' parties with 'niche' agenda. That can't really be good for the country & it just means up to now, there's still no credible national alternative to PDP at federal/national level.

We don't seem to see the classic/natural right-left divide but rather, all seem to be functioning within the natural 'left' of politics. Is it to be assumed that we do not have any conservatives in such a country or are we all simply seeking a softer side to our conservative nature? Whilst I can see why there are some good vibes about the latest election process, one can't help but think, if this is the best candidates we can present, we're really in pickle!

It is the primary reason why Buhari should never be forgiven for his coup de-tat in 1983. We had genuine national parties then with the classic right (NPN) vs leftist (UPN). That was replicated with NRC vs SDP in 1992/3 but since then, it's all been about regional jostling with only one national party.

Good on Bankole to concede, I also note that Agagu & thankfully, Obasanjo-Bello have both lost without much fuss thus far, I hope the contest between Ngige & Akunyili turns out to be bloodless, it'll show some further progress
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by adros84(m): 1:04pm On Apr 11, 2011
Please can someone update me on the National Assembly results?
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by ThatBoy: 1:14pm On Apr 11, 2011
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by ndu1988: 1:32pm On Apr 11, 2011
National assembly that was conducted last saturday was recorded free and fair and further justifies Goodluck Jonathan commitments and sincerity towards free and fair elections.Vote GeJ for sincerity of purpose,reliability,stewardship,transparency,
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by honeric01(m): 1:42pm On Apr 11, 2011
@Recoome and Paddy_lo

Both of you should be ashamed of yourselves, because i mistakenly said our reserves, does that mean i was lying or didn't know what i was saying?

Our reserve had $42.5Billion when Yaradua was the president, not it's about $39Billion even at oil price at $111 per barrel, our budgeted price is $65, now we have it at $111, instead of the reserves to grow, its reducing.

As for the ECA, we had $30Billion when Yaradua was there, now we have less than $320 million, why do we have $300 million in it instead of the account growing? what happened to all the amount that was redrawn from these two accounts?

Where did $29.7billion from the ECA go to? where did $3 billion from the Reserve go to?
what is happening to the extras we have been making since price of oil soared high?

we make about 2 million barrel of oil per day, we budgeted $65, now price is at $111, that's an extra of $46

$46 x 2 million should be how much? that's a whopping $92,000, 000 daily.

If you think i am wrong, please correct with facts, where is our daily $92,000,000 going to? who's in charge of this extra pay we are making that's not in the budget?
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by luluosas(m): 1:43pm On Apr 11, 2011
@muami, Unfortunately, I cant answer your question because from my primary school to secondary school, I always took the first position. Because of that I was given scholarship to go to the univerisity.Again, I had a first class. I was then given another scholarship to go to the UK for my Masters and yet again, I made a Distinction before I was awarded yet another scholarship to study for my PhD. So as you can see, I dont understand what it feels like to just pass or to be an 'also ran'.

If what you are parading are unverifiable, you better keep quiet. Have you forgotten that, we have lots of certificates forgery cases in Nigeria today? Hope yours were not forged or paid for. Na today we dey hear those kine grama? Abegi, live matter for matias jare!
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by opalu: 2:48pm On Apr 11, 2011
muami:

Unfortunately, I cant answer your question because from my primary school to secondary school, I always took the first position. Because of that I was given scholarship to go to the univerisity.Again, I had a first class. I was then given another scholarship to go to the UK for my Masters and yet again, I made a Distinction before I was awarded yet another scholarship to study for my PhD. So as you can see, I dont understand what it feels like to just pass or to be an 'also ran'.

I DON'T DOUBT YOU ON THIS ONE,
BUT YOU SHOULD RELOCATE TO NIGERIA AFTER YOUR PHD SINCE BY THEN, BUHARI WOULD HAVE CRUSHED CORRUPTION TO A STANDSTILL AND COMING FROM A MILITARY BACKGROUND, HE WILL PROPERLY TAKE CARE OF SECURITY UNLIKE THE IGNORAMUS WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WHEN NIGERIANS ARE KIDNAPPED OR BOMBED. THIS IS WHY WE IN NIGERIA WHO HAVE REFUSED TO BE INDUCED STILL SUPPORT BUHARI.

'MAY THEIR SOULS REST IN PEACE, THE PERPETUTORS WILL SURELY BE BROUGHT TO BOOK'- ONE OF GEJ'S FAVORITE QUOTES
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by drpojuski: 3:02pm On Apr 11, 2011
My take on this election is very simple, Jonathan in any other party except PDP may get my vote at least to prove that a so-called minority can and will indeed rule this nation one day. However, under the present circumstances, GEJ is like the proverbial Sheep that has Dogs as its closest parleys, the sheep will definitely be made to eat faeces no matter what, thus it would be better if we can give a proven politician of Intergrity the chance to perform.
Moreover, I havent read any report or heard of any so far of GEJ's stellar perfomance as governor of Bayelsa. WHat I believe is all NIgerians should remove all emotions and ask themselves who and which party can give life back to our moribund nation? Answer the question to yourself and vote accordingly, in 4 years you will know if you were right or wrong.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by dazangel11(f): 3:14pm On Apr 11, 2011
Goodluck Jonathan
We must have an alternative to road transport which is why we are reviving our railways. You can now travel between Lagos and Abeokuta by rail. I made that journey by train myself a month ago. We just awarded a contract for the revival of the Port Harcourt-Makurdi, Makurdi-Kuru and the Kuru-Maiduguri line. This administration is only going to build on and never halt infrastructure. GEJ
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by EPOMA(m): 3:29pm On Apr 11, 2011
Goodluck Jonathan
We must have an alternative to road transport which is why we are reviving our railways. You can now travel between Lagos and Abeokuta by rail. I made that journey by train myself a month ago. We just awarded a contract for the revival of the Port Harcourt-Makurdi, Makurdi-Kuru and the Kuru-Maiduguri line. This administration is only going to build on and never halt infrastructure. GEJ

My friend, i went to nigeria website and saw that rubbish locomotive that they brought in, we need people that will built a new modern railway line not the one they are taking big money and bringing in old locomotive. Not enough to vote someone in please.Goodluck has got no ideas
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by efisher(m): 3:42pm On Apr 11, 2011
^ However, we do not need those that will scrap rail projects.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by ThatBoy: 3:44pm On Apr 11, 2011
If you vote for GEJ, you will regret. Mark my word. I know you will say i told you.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Seun(m): 3:47pm On Apr 11, 2011
ThatBoy:

If you vote for GEJ, you will regret. Mark my word. I know you will say i told you.

I think we are more likely to regret someone like Buhari whom we know little about. We already know Jonathan's strengths and weaknesses from his time as the president. I don't see why we should regret or be surprised about anything later on.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Odunnu: 4:04pm On Apr 11, 2011
@thatboy, i'l vote GEJ and i'l mark your words. I'l remind you if you stil retain this username in the next 2years.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by 9ijaMan: 4:14pm On Apr 11, 2011
Seun:

I think we are more likely to regret someone like Buhari whom we know little about. We already know Jonathan's strengths and weaknesses from his time as the president. I don't see why we should regret or be surprised about anything later on.
Why not speak for yourself instead of blindly generalizing?
If you know little or nothing about someone, the history books are there. What we knoe of GEJ is enough to throw the Otuoke cowboy behind bars and let him rot there for the rest of his life if the nation were to have functional organs in the Judiciary. Only in Nigeria would one witness the celebration of mediocrity. BTW, from your comments it's obvious you know next to nothing about GEJ hence your blind support. I've known the inept man for more than a decade and can probably write a book on GEJ's malfeasance while holding any position of power.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by BabaTony: 4:19pm On Apr 11, 2011
I have to say this, Nigerians just like ranting when things go bad, at the end of the day  throw away the baby with the bath water, when jega posponed the elections, most ppl called for his head, CRUCIFY HIM , CRUCIFY HIM, but now the election have come and the same ppl are commending him. Na waoo. this i am saying because ppl think the problem of nigeria is the PDP, but soory to say no, it is NOT, if tmrw another party controls the centre, we would all be saying the same thing about them. there are some good eggs in PDP, Nigeria dont throw away the baby with the bath water, vote in good PDP candidates. i will to keep this my small write up for prosterity purpose, when that time comes. and please i am in NO WAY campaigning for PDP, I am campaigning for ppl to CHOOSE WISELY their leaders
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2011
These elections were rigged angry

Aisha2, why don't you put up an exit poll for the Nass elections to determine how people voted, just put the party names without mentioning the respective presidential aspirant e.g. CPC , ANPP , ACN, PDP etc.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by efisher(m): 5:08pm On Apr 11, 2011
It is clear that the elections were very credible. CPC does not have the grassroot structures to rake in the harvest. I also noticed that CPC won seats in areas like Katsina and Bauchi where voters had earlier protested the emergence of GEJ as the PDP presidential candidate. They were angered by the zoning issue. See the news:

Anti-Jonathan Protests in Katsina, Bauchi (18 Jan 2011)
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/anti-jonathan-protests-in-katsina-bauchi/85019/

See the effect of this on the results:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/pdp-survives-acn-gains-but-cpc-underperforms/89433/
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by EvilBrain1(m): 5:13pm On Apr 11, 2011
BabaTony:

I have to say this, Nigerians just like ranting when things go bad, at the end of the day  throw away the baby with the bath water, when jega posponed the elections, most ppl called for his head, CRUCIFY HIM , CRUCIFY HIM, but now the election have come and the same ppl are commending him. Na waoo. this i am saying because ppl think the problem of nigeria is the PDP, but soory to say no, it is NOT, if tmrw another party controls the centre, we would all be saying the same thing about them. there are some good eggs in PDP, Nigeria dont throw away the baby with the bath water, vote in good PDP candidates. i will to keep this my small write up for prosterity purpose, when that time comes. and please i am in NO WAY campaigning for PDP, I am campaigning for ppl to CHOOSE WISELY their leaders

And which good PDP candidates are you talking about? I hope you don't mean GEJ, the former loyal deputy to Alamco. GEJ the former vice president who couldn't assert himself even when his oga was on life-support. GEJ, the rubbish president who has nearly bankrupted the country running his campaign and patronising his corrupt PDP friends. Jonathan who bribes and settles bombers while ignoring the suffering of his Niger Delta people. Goodluck who parties with criminals, GEJ the friend of IBB, Anineh and Obasanjo.

No amount of lies can panelbeat his record. Nigeria deserves a better president. Either Ribadu or Buhari, any one will do. But PDP must go.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Sarahluv(f): 5:15pm On Apr 11, 2011
After weighing the strengths, weaknesses and antecedents of the candidates for the presidency, the National Assembly election held on Saturday has helped me make up my mind on who to vote for.

President Goodluck Jonathan, You have my vote sir.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 5:17pm On Apr 11, 2011
efisher:

^ However, we do not need those that will scrap rail projects.

And who do you know or have on record that will scrap rail projects?

Why that point?

Odunnu:

@thatboy, i'l vote GEJ and i'l mark your words. I'l remind you if you stil retain this username in the next 2years.

Sweetie, get a good safety buffer. You will need it.

Say 4 years, not 2.  grin

Seun:

I think we are more likely to regret someone like Buhari whom we know little about.  We already know Jonathan's strengths and weaknesses from his time as the president.  I don't see why we should regret or be surprised about anything later on.

We know less about GEJ than we know of the other 2 candidates because of his lack of pro-activeness.

We know well that Ribadu and Buhari are more competent, more intelligent, have more guts and have a strong history of having the best of Nigeria at heart based on their hate of corruption and corrupt people and their refusal to participate in it.

Only GEJ will be so unpresidential and be mixing with a convicted criminal, Bode George, in FRONT of the nation.

Absolutely shameless. His weaknesses are too significant to even warrant having him as a leader.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 5:19pm On Apr 11, 2011
General Nutlover, go and sit down grin. You never complained when ACN was winning PDP territory. Is it possible that ACN rigged also? Remi tinubu scored over about 500K votes alone.

PDP lost many seats in the North.

PDP has structure in every local govt in Nigeria. It will take a serious collaboration to destroy PDP in one swoop. I hate most of the politicians in PDP platform but their grip on Nigeria is very strong.

That is why I said you needed diplomatic soldiering from within to get us on the track.

That is exactly what GEJ stands for and that is what he is doing.

Everybody said he was OBJ's stooge but see OBJ daughter lost out. You now can see who is in charge.

Again, the choice of GEJ has also affected the party machinery such that many of the bad eggs has spread to other parties. I just hope they do not come back together if GEJ wins. Let them remain scattered so that they can lose their corruption potency.

GEJ for fresh air Goodluck/Sambo 2011.

Goodluck has delivered a free and fair election acceptable to most people in Nigeria including international observers smiley
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by jmaine: 5:19pm On Apr 11, 2011
GenBuhari:

These elections were rigged angry

Aisha2, why don't you put up an exit poll for the Nass elections to determine how people voted, just put the party names  without mentioning the respective presidential aspirant e.g. CPC , ANPP , ACN, PDP etc.

Una no dey tire for this una sham nairaland poll . .abi all those fish sellers, meat sellers , clothsellers. food vendors, mechanic abi na my mama, papa and even my grandma ( Still waxing tight) where vote last week go come nairaland poll where no dey even reach 1000 to justify your loss

It's simple, a vote on nairaland.com minus voting in reality results in utter and absolute embarrassment and pain . such as what the BB crew are currently treating  grin .

Aisha2, abeg give him his exit nairaland poll while we do our own talking on the field :- Voting GEJ into Asorock . . .people go quench next week . . .
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 5:21pm On Apr 11, 2011
Sagamite:

And who do you know or have on record that will scrap rail projects?

Why that point?

Sweetie, get a good safety buffer. You will need it.

Say 4 years, not 2. grin
That thread is missing you. I delivered your affectionate message to all the Orobos grin
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by EPOMA(m): 5:23pm On Apr 11, 2011
@ Seun
I think we are more likely to regret someone like Buhari whom we know little about.  We already know Jonathan's strengths and weaknesses from his time as the president.  I don't see why we should regret or be surprised about anything later on

Can't believe you said this Seun. With all your experience on Nairaland forum.Maybe you were not born when Buhari ruled, for you  not to know much about this man or probably you are like most Nigerians who pushes history aside so soon.

For Buhari, I know that he paid up  Nigerian debt in 1 year, made sure that all the essential commodities in the warehouses were brought out and sold to the public. Brought discipline and work ethics to government ministries, fought corruption by trying to bring back Umaru dikko, I can continue.

For Goodluck, stole money through the wife, Try to get Ibori freed in the UK and Dubai. Obasanjo Houseboy, had to report to Oga on election day at Ota farm. Allows his PDP governors to (Godswill Akpabio )behave as they like. He does not have a mind of his own.

I will not say much. I dont want my country to continue having the worst first lady ever as we do now. Buhari has said that he will scrap the office of the first lady, lots of good stuff coming from Buhari
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Seun(m): 5:26pm On Apr 11, 2011
9ijaMan:
Why not speak for yourself instead of blindly generalizing?
If you know little or nothing about someone, the history books are there. What we knoe of GEJ is enough to throw the Otuoke cowboy behind bars and let him rot there for the rest of his life if the nation were to have functional organs in the Judiciary. Only in Nigeria would one witness the celebration of mediocrity. BTW, from your comments it's obvious you know next to nothing about GEJ hence your blind support. I've known the inept man for more than a decade and can probably write a book on GEJ's malfeasance while holding any position of power.

What we know about Buhari suggests that he's a repressive dictator who hates human rights, the press and knows little about the economy beyond imposing hardship on people.  His supporters claim he has changed, but we don't know anything about this "new Buhari" they are promoting.

Please feel free to educate us about GEJ, using facts that can be verified, etc, and we'll be listening.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by aletheia(m): 5:31pm On Apr 11, 2011
EPOMA:

For Buhari, I know that he paid up  Nigerian debt in 1 year,
^Stop peddling rumors and trying to rewrite history. Buhari did not pay off any Nigerian debt. He defaulted and worsened our debt profile. Do some research.

EPOMA:

made sure that all the essential commodities in the warehouses were brought out and sold to the public.
^And bankrupted many Nigerian business men in the process; further worsening the economic situation.

EPOMA:

I can continue.
^Please don't continue. . .Not until you research the history of those terrible days some more.

EPOMA:

I dont want my country to continue having the worst first lady ever as we do now.
^Both you and Buhari are playing to the gallery. The is no office of First Lady to scrap because it is not in the constitution or Law anywhere. If this is the reason you are against the president, you really had nothing to say.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by jmaine: 5:33pm On Apr 11, 2011
EPOMA:

@ Seun.

For Buhari, I know that he paid up  Nigerian debt in 1 year, made sure that all the essential commodities in the warehouses were brought out and sold to the public. Brought discipline and work ethics to government ministries, fought corruption by trying to bring back Umaru dikko, I can continue.

So if Buhari is voted in  . .it is expedient for him to raid the computer village and force the struggling traders to sell their computers, softwares, printers, G.S.M phones e.t.c way below their cost price as a way of increasing the buying capacity of the masses and increasing economic boom . .

Oga clap for yourself, you try no be small  angry angry

[size=16pt]TAAAA ! Buhari for which president [/size]
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 5:45pm On Apr 11, 2011
agabaI23:

That thread is missing you. I delivered your affectionate message to all the Orobos grin

I dey come meet them soon. grin

efisher:

See the effect of this on the results:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/pdp-survives-acn-gains-but-cpc-underperforms/89433/

I have to say this journalist is quite good.

Lovely flow to his write-up. Good structure to overall report (including table).
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by 9ijaMan: 5:50pm On Apr 11, 2011
Seun:

What we know about Buhari suggests that he's a repressive dictator who hates human rights, the press and knows little about the economy beyond imposing hardship on people.  His supporters claim he has changed, but we don't know anything about this "new Buhari" they are promoting.

Please feel free to educate us about GEJ, using facts that can be verified, etc, and we'll be listening.

For someone asking for facts, it's appalling that you resorted to rumors to buttress you lack of knowledge about Buhari. Buhari has not changed, and I find it hard to figure out what you are referring to as a new Buhari. Buhari remains the very same man he was when he birthed 3 out of the 4 Nigerian refineries, which unfortunately the PDP government has ran down in the last 12 years. Buhari is the same man who was a Governor, NNPC chairman, Head of state, and PTF Chairman all political offices he held with distinction. The only noticeable changes in Buhari are the fact that he's grown older and wiser and obviously he is no longer in a military uniform.

I'll take GEJ's records one at a time in my next posts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Mobbed By Nigerians At London Resturant / Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) / Female Billionaires That Own Private Jets In Nigeria(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.