Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share (11003 Views)

Legacy Pension Declares 88k Dividend Per Share / Zenith Bank Will Increase Dividend By 30% To N1.50 Per Share / Fidelity Bank Public Offer Open -n8 Per Share (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by Panadol(m): 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2007
Proshare Articles
Dangote Flour to float shares at N15 per share
Posted Thursday, July 5, 2007

Prospective investors wishing to participate in the forthcoming Initial Public Offering of Dangote Flour Mills Plc may have to pay between N14 and N15 per share. Encouraged by its positive experience in the Benue Cement Company Plc and the Dangote Sugar Refinery Plc, the Dangote Group decided to list more of its subsidiaries on the stock exchange.

The Chairman of the Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, had given the hint that Dangote Flour Mills, Obajana Cement and Dangote Cement would be listed in the market.

Although the volume of the IPO is yet to be known, competent capital market sources said that plans were being concluded for the floatation of the shares of Dangote Flour Mills.

The company was said to have appointed parties to the IPO, while it was further gathered that the directors of the company and financial advisers would soon arrive at a final offer price.

Sources said that the directors had suggested N16 but some of the advisers wanted something lower.

“Although the final price has not been fixed, from every indication, investors will buy the shares between N14 and N15 per share,” a source said.

Findings by our correspondent showed that investors are warming up for the IPO with the anticipation of another boom similar to what they experienced in DSR.

Investors who bought the shares of DSR during the IPO last year at N18 per share realised a historic capital appreciation of 211 per cent after the listing of the shares March 17, 2007. Besides, shareholders received a dividend of N1.15 per share in the company’s first year in operations. DSR became the first company that promised a quarterly dividend to shareholders.

The company had already paid the first interim dividend for the quarter ended March 31, 2007.

“These antecedents are making any company from the stable of Dangote to be attractive to investors. Do not forget what happened when the company took over BCC, its share price soared to record high last year. The same thing has happened to National Salt Company of Nigeria Plc,” Mr. Ayo Oguntayo of Mission Securities Limited said.

Dangote acquired a majority stake in NASCON at 69kobo but the shares were re-listed at N5 per share.

The re-listing was followed by an unprecedented price appreciation. By the time Dangote sold 400m units of the company at N22 per share, it had realised over N8bn from the investment.

Desperate stockbrokers who wanted to acquire some of the shares and made bids above their initial orders, were penalized by the Nigerian Stock Exchange. NASCON share price traded for N25.70 per share on Wednesday.

When contacted, the spokesman for Dangote Group, Mr. Joseph Okonmah, requested to be given till Thursday to provide details. - Punch

http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_articles.php?id=1158
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by damoche07(m): 4:21pm On Jul 05, 2007
Hey friend,saw it the punch.Only hope its true and cheaper.so,we can start fasting.
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by TerraCotta(m): 4:38pm On Jul 05, 2007
Panadol:

“Although the final price has not been fixed, from every indication, investors will buy the shares between N14 and N15 per share,” a source said.

Still doesn't sound final but it's good news overall--some people had said it would be as high as N22.
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by kingzy(m): 10:22pm On Jul 06, 2007
can someone plz explain what is happening t0 DSR and GTB recently
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by gonyix: 2:23am On Jul 07, 2007
Lets hope that dangote flour mills is half as successful as that of dsr.
I think everyone should try to invest in this one even if u have to borrow
I missed the ipo for the dsr, im sure not to going to miss this one.
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by abocana: 5:15am On Jul 07, 2007
when is it coming out?can someone in the hse let me know please. i need to prepare for it cuz.,

i'm not in nigeria. i heard 9th of july, how far is true?

Thanks guys.
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by gonyix: 6:53am On Jul 07, 2007
Hi ABOCANA like you i am also not in NIgeria but you can start preparing by signing up with any of the brokerage co. at the nse website or better yet check out AAfrican select.com I have used them before, they are good. Feel free to contact me at ihipr@sbcglobal.net
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by Panadol(m): 4:20am On Jul 12, 2007
Dangote Flour Mills goes Public
Posted Wednesday, July 11, 2007

In an exclusive interview with the Group Executive Director, Corporate Finance of Dangote Group, Mr. Uzo Nwankwo, Proshare Invest-Africa gathered that Dangote Flour Mills will be coming to the Capital Market very soon with an Initial Public Offering which will last for ten (10) business days.

Dangote Flour Mills Plc started operation in 1999 with 500 MT per day capacity at Apapa and within a short space of time the factory rolled out high quality bread flour bread, Pasta Semolina, Danvita and wheat offal and is presently expanding and evaluating cereals, extruded snacks and feeds as natural extension of their current product range.

Current total installed capacity of Dangote flour mills is 4,000MT per day. All productions are readily absorbed by the market.

The public offering therefore, according to Mr. Nwankwo confirmed will be the Dangote Groups attempt to allow members of the general public to partake in the growth prospects open to the company.

The total number of shares for the company when listed should be about 5 billion shares with about 750 million shares being the number available for the public offering.

Dangote Flour is coming to the market at N15 which is yet to be confirmed as this is waiting approval from SEC.

Dangote Flour has achieved spectacular growth since its inception in 1999 when it started with its first 500 Mt/day milling unit in Lagos (Apapa). Dangote Flour, he said controls more than 25% of the flour market share with surplus installed milling capacity.

Dangote Flour is continuously researching possible new product developments using their current superior milling facilities and raw material to expand into other markets.

It is expected that once this offer is concluded, next operation to go public will be Dangote Cement, a division modestly valued at about $15billion with factories at Benue owning about 50% shareholding of Benue Cement Plc (BCC), Obajana in Kogi, Ibese in Ogun State and Odukpani near Calabar.

http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=2601
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by eagleroland(m): 7:43am On Jul 12, 2007
That's cool!
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by viee(f): 9:31am On Jul 12, 2007
olijo:

That's cool!

sure!

i must say, despite my grievances against this Dangote man,
he is really a great business man!
the only man that can bring nothing to the stock market and still arouse intrest!
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by mekoyo(m): 10:11am On Jul 12, 2007
I just hope its real. I'm sure it is cause the dangote sugar sold well and the price was very ok.

I can't wait for it cause i'm buying big time.
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by mmb(m): 11:11am On Jul 12, 2007
Dangote to realise N18.75bn from sale of flour mill
By Goddy Egene
Published: Thursday, 12 Jul 2007
INDUSTRIAL conglomerate, Dangote Industries Limited, is to realise about N18.75bn from the sale of 25 per cent stake in Dangote Flour Mills Plc.

Skip to next paragraph

Photo File
Aliko Dangote

Dangote Flour Mills is one of the companies in the Dangote Group.

Prior to 2006, all the companies under the Dangote Group were privately-owned by the leading industrialist, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, who is its chairman and president.

However, having promised to allow many Nigerians to benefit from his wealth, he took Dangote Sugar Refinery Plc to the capital market and was eventually listed in March 2007.

He sold 30 per cent of that company to investors through an Initial Public Offering. Dangote realised over N50bn from the DSR IPO last year.

The PUNCH had reported exclusively on Thursday that the proposed IPO of DFM would be made at N15 per share.

DFM has a paid-up share capital of five billion shares of 50 kobo each. It was gathered that Dangote is to sell 1.25bn shares at N15 per share, representing 25 per cent.

Our correspondent gathered that the company’ directors and financial advisers have concluded that the IPO be made by a way of offer for sale, which means that proceeds will go to Aliko Dangote and not the company.

The Senior Manager, Corporate Affairs, Nigerian Stock Exchange, Mr. Sola Oni, confirmed to our correspondent on Wednesday that DFM had already applied to the NSE for the eventual listing of the shares after the offer. He said the application was undergoing necessary approval process.

Our correspondent however, found that the company had appointed 11 issuing houses and many stockbrokers to package to IPO. Some of the issuing houses are IBTC, FCMB Capital Markets, Zenith Bank Plc, Afribank Nigeria Plc, Diamond Bank Plc GTBank Plc, Fidelity Bank Plc, and Intercontinental Capital Markets Limited.

Meanwhile, some investors have hailed Dangote’s decision to bring DFM to the stock market.

Mr. Adebayo Adeleke, of the Independent Shareholders Association, said, “It will help to deepen the market and provide another window of investments other than the banks. Expectation of capital gains is high.”

In the same vein, the President, Progressive Shareholders Association, Mr. Boniface Okezie, said the IPO would be an advantage to investors who had been patronising the products of the company to benefit as shareholders.

“It is a good development. Dangote should be commended. Although the N15 offer price is still good but I would have preferred an offer price of N10 so that more Nigerians will be able to buy the stock and enjoy the benefits,” he said.

Printer Friendly Version
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by mimiko(f): 11:30am On Jul 12, 2007
@ mmb pls wat does this really mean?
Our correspondent gathered that the company’ directors and financial advisers have concluded that the IPO be made by a way of offer for sale, which means that proceeds will go to Aliko Dangote and not the company.

proceeds ll go to Aliku not the company that sounds negative
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by mimiko(f): 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2007
they re still awaiting approval by the NSE but very soon trust me
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by oshkosh(m): 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2007
Don't borrow too much. @ 750M shares on offer, you can expect over-subscription by over a factor of 4. However be assured that Aliko will refund excess money promptly.
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by VictoriaO(f): 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2007
hi all. i am new to this site but i am really happy that i got hinted about it. please who knows how long the IPO for dangote would last because not everyone especially me have funds now.
i also want to alert all that MTN is recruiting now! they have some vacancies that does not require much in terms of experience etc.
you can check their site for more information on vacant positions and other stuffs

Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by frankiriri(m): 7:30am On Jul 13, 2007
mimiko:

@ mmb please what does this really mean?

proceeds ll go to Aliku not the company that sounds negative
Aliko Dangote is simply selling part of his interest in the company. So it is Aliko that will get the money. You get to become a share holder in the company.
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by mashaun(m): 7:39am On Jul 13, 2007
smileyi have no excuse to miss out form this another oppurtunity, i misssed DSF offer ,this one no mistake.Let the Biz Icon do fast o, we are waiting to participate embarassed
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by afolayangs(m): 8:13am On Jul 13, 2007
Anyone in the house with the idea of the issuing houses to these offer
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by mimiko(f): 9:54am On Jul 13, 2007
@ Afolayangs
the issuing houses re Zenith sec, intercontinental, first bank and loads of Sock broking firms

@ Victoria 0
the offer is said to only last for ten working days and i dont think they ll extend it cos the number of unit going out isnt too much and alot of people lll try to but, but since it isnt out yet there is time for u to start preparing. i wish u luck

@ frenkiriri
thnx for the info i was just getting skeptical i think that guy is up to something he is trying to get money for himself u can imagine he sold 400m unit of naschon na wa oo hope wont buy Nigeria
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by ninjahfz: 12:07pm On Jul 13, 2007
i missed out on Dangote sugar and i am regretting it till now. i will not miss out on this one. Dangote is a true naija man. ;
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by laposta: 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2007
hello people,
Nairaland Naira people. dis dangote guy is making bucks from nigeria economy. he bought NASCON @ 69k and sold @ N22 sold 400million shares which he bought @ 276million for 8billion now tell me that is not business. this man will sell 25% of his stake in dangote flour to meet requirements for listing(a more than 75% stake will make this not possible for him) at N15. the share price will rise to N30+ hen he will sell more claiming it is not liquid enough as he did to NASCON. anyway wetin be my own business, as long as i make the money too. the offer is a must buy but sure brokers will run head and shoulders for the available unit. my advise to anyone who wants to invest, if you cannot get your forms from the issuing houses directly or from brokers. don't try looking for them in banks because you will not find them, peace out!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by spencermba: 3:32pm On Jul 13, 2007
Hello people,
lets stop talking about others and think of ourself.The man Dankote has made it and it's high time we start thinking of how to make it like or even better than him.

There are alot of share offers in town now.No matter how small you can buy,buy something.You will never know what tommorrow holds,its could appreciate all of a sudden.

REALLY ESTATE,this is another way we can invest that will yield a whole,hell of cash now and even in the nearest future.

So nairalander's,lets go make some money for our self,family and our children.Talking about reall estate,i could give you a clue on where you can get/make the best HOUSE DESIGNS Nigeria has ever produced.Take a look at the addy below and call now,or email to this Company:

The chief Architect (Mr John)
SPIRAL CONSULT
GSM: +234(0)803 698 8596
email: johnjacob_02@yahoo.com

I tell you the truth,i have have tried them and they actually gave me the best that is why i can boldly say this to every member.

TAKE BOLD STEP AND BE ON TOP.
peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by MT: 6:09pm On Jul 13, 2007
Please hear me out, This is my analysis of Dangote Flour

Opinion : I don't think Dangote flour will be as successful as Dangote Sugar

Reason :

When people bought Dangote Sugar Share, people were actually buying into the Company, i.e the money was being used for the expansion of the company, thereby making the company to have competitive advantage in the market. They performed better than their competitors due to the large capital base

BUT

The case of Dangote flour is different. Aliko Dangote is actually selling his shares in Dangote Flour. So, the money is not for the expansion of Dangote Flour.Our shares money in Dangote flour is for Aliko Dangote NOT for Dangote flour Dangote Flour would  maintain the same capital base after ending the sale of the shares as it had before the sale. The competitive advantage wont be there, and therefore , the rise in the value of shares wont be as anticipated.

This is just my layman analysis and I stand to be corrected plssssss wink
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by debosky(m): 6:19pm On Jul 13, 2007
your analysis is useful, but I think the conclusion is debatable

first of all, its not only 'competitive advantage' that causes a share price to appreciate - other market fundamentals matter such as, iwhether company growing more profitable (note expansion is not the only way to increase profitability), the size of dividend payouts and so on can drive up the share price of a company.

I personally believe it will appreciate quite significantly, but i foresee a some degree of market saturation occurring in the near term due to the large offerings recently completed.
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by Crownvilla(m): 7:06pm On Jul 13, 2007
Mr Frank, please see the post by MT above.

What difference does it make that the proceeds from this IPO will go to Dangote personally and not the company?

How does it impact on investors that buy into this offer? In other words; would you recommend this stock?

Sorry if these questions sound naive, but I'd like to be sure of the options.

Thanks.
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by Crownvilla(m): 7:06pm On Jul 13, 2007
Mr Frank, please see the post by MT above.

What difference does it make that the proceeds from this IPO will go to Dangote personally and not the company?

How does it impact on investors that buy into this offer? In other words; would you recommend this stock?

Sorry if these questions sound naive, but I'd like to be sure of the options.

Thanks.
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by easimoni(m): 7:07pm On Jul 13, 2007
@ MT,
Competitive advantage? Dang Sugar is a monopoly, they have no competition! And the money you paid into Dangote Sugar could not have resulted in an expansion already; those things take time.

Here is my hypothesis on why Dangote Sugar did really well. In December (when it came to the market), this bull run had not started and companies were trading at PEs ~15 and Dangote offered Sugar at a PE of 10. Following the bull run, PEs of 20-30 are now commonplace and going from an offer PE of 10 to a current PE of 20 is what caused Dangote to double. There is no Dangote magic touch, no competitive advantage, no expansion. There has been a bull run that caused almost all the companies to double over that period.

If Dangote had known he could sell Dang Sugar at a PE of 20 a few months later, I'm sure he would have waited and sold at ~N30.

Now to Dang Flour, read the prospectus and calculate the forward PE based on the earnings forecast and see if it's much lower than other companies. That (and not the Dangote name) should influence your buy/no-buy decision.
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by dearstan(m): 8:34pm On Jul 13, 2007
from what you guys are saying, would it be wise to invest in dangote flours? i need specific replies with reason as to why
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by Panadol(m): 9:29pm On Jul 13, 2007
Latest information on upcoming Dangote Flour Offer for Sale
Posted Friday, July 13, 2007

* Company valued at N75bn or $590m.

* Price per share is N15.

* Number of shares to be sold: 1.25bn of 5bn i.e. 25% of the company will be sold.

* Offer date likely to be end of July i.e. within the next 2 weeks.

* Offer duration will only be 10 days.

* Firm underwriting by 11 issuing house (each house will underwrite N6.82 bn of the offer) – FCMB is the lead issuing house.

* No preferential allotment – though the issuer has requested a proviso for business associates.

* NSE quotation committee meeting will hold on the 17th of July and issuing houses are currently responding to some observations by SEC, these are the last regulatory hurdle that must be cleared prior to the offer.

* Prospectus will be available as soon as the offer opens.
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by easimoni(m): 10:11pm On Jul 13, 2007
dearstan:

from what you guys are saying, would it be wise to invest in dangote flours? i need specific replies with reason as to why

Again, wait for the prospectus. See how much earnings (and earnings growth) is promised and compared the PE ratios to companies already in the market. Factor in the time to receive the certficate and then decide.

When the offer comes out, post the prospectus right here and I'll share my opinion.
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by frankiriri(m): 7:17pm On Jul 14, 2007
MT:

Please hear me out, This is my analysis of Dangote Flour

Opinion : I don't think Dangote flour will be as successful as Dangote Sugar

Reason :

When people bought Dangote Sugar Share, people were actually buying into the Company, i.e the money was being used for the expansion of the company, thereby making the company to have competitive advantage in the market. They performed better than their competitors due to the large capital base

BUT

The case of Dangote flour is different. Aliko Dangote is actually selling his shares in Dangote Flour. So, the money is not for the expansion of Dangote Flour.Our shares money in Dangote flour is for Aliko Dangote NOT for Dangote flour Dangote Flour would maintain the same capital base after ending the sale of the shares as it had before the sale. The competitive advantage wont be there, and therefore , the rise in the value of shares wont be as anticipated.

This is just my layman analysis and I stand to be corrected plssssss wink
Point of correction. you are mistaken about the nature of the DSR offer. Check your prospetus again. You will realise that it was also an offer for sale. Dangote was selling 30 percent of his stake in the company. So the money went to him and not the company.
The fact that the money is going to Dangote should not affect your investment decision if you think the company is good and is worth the asking price. So I suggest that we all wait for the prospectus.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shares Fraud At The Nigerian Stock Exchange (CSCS) / What Business Can He Do With 10million Naira? / Still On MMM Matter, Please I Need Urgent Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.