Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,236 members, 7,811,653 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) (48910 Views)

Abductor Of Kankara Schoolboys, Auwal Daudawa Shot Dead / Government Supplies Us The AK-47 With Which We Kill - Repentant Bandit (Video) / Interview With Auwal Daudawa, Kidnapper Of Kankara Schoolboys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by dre11(m): 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2021
The repentant kidnap kingpin, Auwal Daudawa, has revealed that getting a gun is as easy as buying bread.

Daudawa disclosed this in an exclusive interview with Daily Trust.

Asked how he got his arms, he said: “I got it around me. It is easy to get a gun. It’s just like you going to buy bread.”

Daudawu noted that the injustice he has experienced made him delve into banditry.

“It is because of injustice. Injustice in the sense that you had your own property and taking care of your family then government would now send officials to cart away everything while I have family to fend for.

“What would I do? Am I expected to survive on sand? I had a herd of cattle which I inherited from my parents but operatives were sent to take them from me and brought here (to Gusau). So I was challenged to sit up too.”

With the injustice experienced, Daudawu added that his herd of cows was confiscated by security agents in Zamfara. In return, he sold off his remaining assets to procure a gun.

“It was security agents who did it. I wouldn’t know who sent them but it was during the last administration (in Zamfara State). Security personnel and yan-sa-kai ¬(vigilantes) were the ones who took away the cattle.

“I told them that they should scrutinise the herd, if they find a single cattle belonging to another person they should not spare me. They did not find any stolen cow but they kept the entire herd. It was stolen. Tell me, what will I do with my life then?

“I was dependent on Allah and those cattle, but they took away everything. This was why I sold off my remaining assets and bought a gun to start this (banditry).”

His full interview with Daily Trust will be available on paper and our social media platforms during the weekend.

https://dailytrust.com/getting-a-gun-is-like-buying-bread-daudawa

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by LMS1(m): 4:19pm On Feb 18, 2021
More Like:
"Sshh Mallam
Give Me AK47, dat N500 Own!
Den Add Two Magazine Make E Be N1500.
Abeg Put Am Por Naylon O"!
Lol Nigeria Is More Like Disney World,
It Will Never Stop To Amuse Me grin

250 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by Racoon(m): 4:19pm On Feb 18, 2021
Looking @ his eyes shows how mean he must have been yet they have put him on a payroll.They wont waste him simply because he's now a so called "repentant" bandit/terrorist.They have neglect the fact that the only good bandits/terrorists is the dead one.

I shouder in horror when I saw these heartless atrocious element having no iota of pity for even the children kidnapped with their parents @ Rafi LGA from the NSTA bus.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by Maxymilliano(m): 4:28pm On Feb 18, 2021
Asked how he got his arms, he said: “I got it around me. It is easy to get a gun. It’s just like you going to buy bread.”

shocked

And here I am, always buying bread but can't get a gun.

Repentant bandits are the real MVPs jare

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by Fahdiga(m): 4:30pm On Feb 18, 2021
Buhari's administration has abused the word 'repentant' so much

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by mike8804: 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2021
who else saw the NPF logo

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by Henrydonland(m): 4:47pm On Feb 18, 2021
angry angry angrywhich Kain repentant ...after they will say they took him to a correctional institution and then send him abroad.

I don tire for dis country

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by emmanuel596(m): 6:02pm On Feb 18, 2021
shocked
Religion of piss

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by Jh0wsef(m): 6:02pm On Feb 18, 2021
mike8804:
who else saw the NPF logo

That is a police standing beside him and not his dress, don't form investigator Fashola

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by naijadrivablog: 6:02pm On Feb 18, 2021
"repentant indeed".
Troublesome peoplesad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by PAWG(m): 6:02pm On Feb 18, 2021
Na wa o. Is it the same Nigeria we're in?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by NwaNimo1(m): 6:02pm On Feb 18, 2021

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by anochuko01(m): 6:03pm On Feb 18, 2021
supplied by their northern elites

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by catice(m): 6:03pm On Feb 18, 2021
Coconut head. Which gun be like buying bread? They don't come cheap at all. An average Kalashi sells between N150 - N350k. If not for the politicians using people like you to destabilize the country, and making sure your lots have arms at your disposal.You wont say it comes easy. From your look, how you wan take raise money to buy those guns? Olodo!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by akilo1: 6:03pm On Feb 18, 2021
Depend on Allah?religion of peace?i am shock

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by nextBIGthing: 6:03pm On Feb 18, 2021
Buhari why ?
Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by mu2sa2: 6:04pm On Feb 18, 2021
Domestic terrorists aka Niger delta militants - forgiven and rewarded.

Fulani bandits - forgiven and rewarded.

Shikena!

Turning the other cheek, as commanded.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by Mikelarteta(m): 6:04pm On Feb 18, 2021
The Northern borders are the greatest security challenge we face in this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by bigDickson(m): 6:04pm On Feb 18, 2021
Considering the state of this Nation, Anybody in this forum that is tribalistic or still partakes in tribal wars is a useless f.o.o.l !!! .

Such people are a greater part of the problems we are facing.

Terrorism should carry the death penalty
Corruption should carry the death penalty
Murder and Rape should carry the death penalty
False accusations of rape should carry the death penalty

Only when the above is accomplished, can we start seeing a beam of hope.

Anybody that calls a TERRORIST a BANDIT is E.vil

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:04pm On Feb 18, 2021
Na wa ooo may God help this country ooo
Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by onoms4luv(m): 6:04pm On Feb 18, 2021
These people are not bandit, they are all terrorists, Declare them as terrorists and see as insurgency in the north will die down

1 Like

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 18, 2021
When we compare Naija with her age mates, we would know the level of injustice/corruption in this country.

Survival of the youths now depends on force. Only the violent get what belong to them.

Na name the few of us left dey protect angry
Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by Alexis11: 6:05pm On Feb 18, 2021
You kill, rape, maim, kidnap, collect Ransome and later turned celebrity called "repentant".... Tell me why I won't do the same.

Insecurity can never end in the North.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by xynerise: 6:05pm On Feb 18, 2021
No wonder all the young men there are into banditry

1 Like

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by maureensylvia(f): 6:05pm On Feb 18, 2021
Hmmm
There is nothing like repentant thief

He will still go back to it sooner or later

5 Likes

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by tayolove12(m): 6:05pm On Feb 18, 2021
How much is transport to Canada

1 Like

Re: Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic) by Stoglins12(m): 6:06pm On Feb 18, 2021
There was a country......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu And Osinbajo Exchange Pleasantries At The State Box During APC Primary / Prophet Odumeje Visits Abia Government House, Anthony Agbazuere Sprays Him Money / FG Takes 40 Ekweremadu’s Properties, Secures Interim Forfeiture Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.