Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

At What Point Are You A Millionaire? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / At What Point Are You A Millionaire? (17483 Views)

Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming / Kolanut Business: You can be a Millionaire within 6 months / At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by Gettolove(m): 1:03pm On Aug 29, 2007
when you can donate a million to help others
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by iyes(m): 7:01pm On Aug 29, 2007
You are a "millionaire" at the point where and when you allow contentment, happiness and peace of GOD into whatever HE has blessed you with.

Money for money's sake does not satisfy. The more you acquire, the larger the hunger and desperation you have to crave for more. It's like being hooked on drugs. If you make money (just being a millionaire in whatever currency) your goal in life, you’ll be disappointed that having amassed so much, you feel lesser, and empty.

Abacha died a poor "rich guy" leaving behind poor "rich offsprings and dependants"

Have you asked yourself why there is so much misery amongst the superstars Hollywood and music? Do you know that incidences of suicide are more prevalent in affluent societies and rich countries? REASON: Mammon god of money. Once he grabs a person, he ensures he destroys the soul of that person, but before then and or in the process, he lures with promise of happiness (that never comes) with increased account balance.

Think back, there was a time you were dreaming of earning what you now have, and fantasized that if and when you had the kind of account balance, it will be paradise for you, and you shall live happily ever after. Now that you've attained the target, are you happier? Chances are - NO "More money, more trouble"

I tell you, you can be a millionaire in any position level or stage of life you are. It's not how much you've amassed that counts, but the way you react/respond to what you, and others have.

Ultimately, seek not to be a millionaire or a billionaire. Make every effort to be a happy and contented person, and see how wonderful your life will be to you and everyone that comes across you in this journey called LIFE.
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by paddylo1(m): 7:25pm On Aug 29, 2007
Hmmn. . .Funny topic,anyway can anybody guess how many millionaires there are in the u.s. . . .about 303,817. . .from 2005 tax payers data,thats about 1% of the population,i might guess the same is true for Nigerias dollar millionaires,(1% of the population)but if u are a dollar millionaire you are more happy in Nigeria than over here,because taxes constantly tax your patience over here,and if you are not careful,the IRS can send you to the poor house real quick. . .but that said i'd rather have 100m naira in naija,than 1m dollars in yankeee
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by Icon4s(m): 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2007
When you have assets worth N1m.
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by anusule(m): 11:59am On Aug 30, 2007
when u have assets worth millions.
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by choco4life(m): 1:54am On Sep 01, 2007
I think there should be a reference currency/criteria for measuring millionaires,
i suggest the dollar.
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by Oracle(m): 9:21am On Sep 03, 2007
When your earning is a number that has six or more zeros chasing it.
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by odujobi: 3:01pm On Sep 03, 2007
i think u are a milionaire the day u give out a million to a cause you believe strongly in; maybe the Gospel or Charity.
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by dejia(m): 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2007
A Millionaire is someone who has touched A million Lifes positively.
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by KnowAll(m): 3:16pm On Sep 03, 2007
when I have 1 trillion kobo , how much is dat sef in real terms ? embarassed
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by emekanza(m): 4:00pm On Sep 03, 2007
Hello Friends, I am introducing an opportunity for those wishing to have regular holidays abroad and wishing to make residual income. If you are log on to www.clubfreedom.biz/kanzanet2 or email me emekanza@yahoo.com or call me on 08036670623
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by emekanza(m): 4:06pm On Sep 03, 2007
Hello Friends, I am introducing an opportunity for those wishing to have regular holidays abroad and wishing to make residual income. If you are log on to www.clubfreedom.biz/kanzanet2 or email me emekanza@yahoo.com or call me on 08036670623
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2007
You become a millionaire when you can comfortably spend million(s) of naira without much ado. tongue
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by WarfyBoy(m): 2:01am On Sep 04, 2007
if your moni pass i miily for account u don b millionia b that now, shooooo, which kin post bb this self
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by foxyrichie(m): 2:29am On Sep 04, 2007
A millionnaire is one who has an Asset(s) worth above a Million of the currency in evaluation. It is a networth. If a man's assets is worth above a million after all liabilities hs been deducted, then he can be said to be a millionnaire. paper investments and physical assets are mostly used in the Evaluation. Idling millions in a bank account does not form networth and therefor cannot be used to weigh a man's millionnaire status like it is the case mostly in Nigeria with our socalled millionnaires.
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by Bblak(f): 4:02pm On Sep 04, 2007
I will say it is when u av at least a million naira and u can spend at will without stress.den u don be million guru b dat o.no be so.

dis kain post sef
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 05, 2007
@eBIZ
Hi I got ur reply on "At What Point Are You A Millionaire?"
I think we need to talk so that I can clearify somethings. My email address is slimsteveus@yahoo.com
U can send me an email with the topic eBIZ. I need to talk to u ASAP.Thanks anyway for ur contribution on the above topic, Cheers!
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by MP007(m): 9:52am On Sep 06, 2007
what a dumb question, we u got 7 figures idiot~!!!!
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 06, 2007
MP007:

oh ohh!!! I.D.I.O.T??

[b]I[/b]ntelligent
[b]D[/b]ecent
[b]I[/b]mpressive
[b]O[/b]ptimistic 
[b]T[/b]alented wink

Maybe it's not a dumb question afterall,   grin grin
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by seun001(m): 4:42pm On Sep 06, 2007
MP007:

who b dis?
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by happinesso(m): 7:57pm On Sep 07, 2007
I think that is when you have up to a million in
your bank account without your wife's knowledge.
If she does, she will remained you all your promisses.
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by bisii(f): 8:06pm On Sep 08, 2007
happinesso:

I think that is when you have up to a million in
your bank account without your wife's knowledge.
If she does, she will remained you all your promisses.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, do u really believe that??
cuz thats so , saaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddddddd

is that what ur wife would do? grin grin grin
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by spaceworld: 2:32am On Sep 09, 2007
When you look at your asset, Money in bank, share values, Properties, and all that you know that belongs to u even inclusive ur wife for the married and your Scot girl for the unmarried, you u have to send recharge card and gift,

Then u will know Ur worth as a millionaire
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by seun001(m): 7:42am On Sep 10, 2007
bisii:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, do u really believe that??
because thats so , saaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddddddd

is that what your wife would do? grin grin grin

funny u are a gal and u wouldnt know hmmm?
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by FemiD(m): 10:13am On Sep 10, 2007
Nigerians and their own way of defining things!!!

A millionaire in Japan, France, Great Britain, United States, Nigeria or any other place in the world is a person whose material wealth is valued at more than a million dollars. Millionaire is an English word and don't even try to 'pidginise' it. There is no exception to the rule. If your net asset cannot be valued to be $1million dollars then you are not a millionaire. Therefore in Naira terms, a millionare will be someone who is presently worth N127,000,000.00. shikena!!!!
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by benit(f): 1:55pm On Sep 11, 2007
I will consider myself a millionaire when I give out 1 million Naira
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by celebritee(m): 1:28am On Sep 12, 2007
Just wondering, If Soludo's redenomination had sailed thru, what would have become of the show "WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLONAIRE". Probably, "WHO WANTS TO BE RICH", or just "WHO WANTS MONEY". undecided

By the way, the point at which you are a millonaire is relative.
Kinda like when we were in school and you made an 'E' grade in a lecturer's course. At first, you are downcast, sad but when you learn 90% of your coursemates failed that course, You actually start buying beer for boys.  grin

But seriously, It could be a thing of the mind. I could feel like a millonaire with a thousand bucks to my name and vice versa.
By the way, If a few hundred Naira exchanges for over a million Zimbabwean Dollar,does anybody know what the British Pound exchanges for the Zimbabwean Dollar.
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by dantanee: 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2007
Being a millionaire depend on your geographical location. Let me give you account of an experience I had in 1998. In 1998 I went on a business trip to Cotonou, Benin Republic.Infact it was my first internatonal trip.After settling the Nigeria Security personnel at the border to allowed me cross to the other Republic. Finally I was able to cross onto the soil of Benin Republic, there drama stated from across the border. I was adviced to at least changed meagre sum of money from naira to Cefa for transportation purposes. As a first timer, I brought out whole sum of One Thousand Naira, Yes! whole sum of One Thousand Naira because, what i got in returned was far beyond my expectation. You know when you are expecting some thing like Two Thousand Cefa for One Thousand Naira and got Ten Thousand Cefa For Only One Thousand Naira it shocking and overwhelming. There I took a bike to Tokpa Market, On the bike I started some Calculation to see how much the total sum of One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira I had will amount to if Changed to Cefa.Unbelievable I was a Millionaire in another man's Land. Even though i was there for few hours business transaction, I bought more than I needed, I ate in the best Restaurant and above all I was a millionaire in Benin Republic.
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by FemiD(m): 9:25am On Sep 20, 2007
dantanee:

Being a millionaire depend on your geographical location. Let me give you account of an experience I had in 1998. In 1998 I went on a business trip to Cotonou, Benin Republic.Infact it was my first internatonal trip.After settling the Nigeria Security personnel at the border to allowed me cross to the other Republic. Finally I was able to cross onto the soil of Benin Republic, there drama stated from across the border. I was adviced to at least changed meagre sum of money from naira to Cefa for transportation purposes. As a first timer, I brought out whole sum of One Thousand Naira, Yes! whole sum of One Thousand Naira because, what i got in returned was far beyond my expectation. You know when you are expecting some thing like Two Thousand Cefa for One Thousand Naira and got Ten Thousand Cefa For Only One Thousand Naira it shocking and overwhelming. There I took a bike to Tokpa Market, On the bike I started some Calculation to see how much the total sum of One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira I had will amount to if Changed to Cefa.Unbelievable I was a Millionaire in another man's Land. Even though i was there for few hours business transaction, I bought more than I needed, I ate in the best Restaurant and above all I was a millionaire in Benin Republic.

You have only succeeded in becoming a millionaire in your dream. You will need to have your money (which is about $1,000.00) in 1,000 places to qualify to become a millionare irrespective of the location. A millionaire MUST be worth at least $1,000,000.00 not naira, not cefa, not rand, not yen not even euro or pounds.
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by PRINCESSAY(f): 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2007
FemiD:

You have only succeeded in becoming a millionaire in your dream. You will need to have your money (which is about $1,000.00) in 1,000 places to qualify to become a millionare irrespective of the location. A millionaire MUST be worth at least $1,000,000.00 not naira, not cefa, not rand, not yen not even euro or pounds.

To me oooooo! Geographical Location really Matter to determine the millionier status ship. America is for Americans with their own values. As far as I can count One Million Naira from a ligimate business for myself In my beloved Country Naija I am a millionaire joooo. Who make it a must to have at least $1,000.000.00 before you are amillionier?. Dantanee Carry go no mind this Americana Dreamer "Jare" .
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by dantanee: 11:15pm On Sep 22, 2007
FemiD:

This is totally misjudgement with attenuated knowledge. American as a Nation have her own values. Just like any other Nation, we live by our own standard. I have no confirmation at the time of this medium how much is the exchange rate from dollar to pounds but, I learned that United Kingdom Pound(GBP) is Greater than America Dollar. You may prove this claim wrong or make research on the claim and let me know which is greater. Let me argue base on the available information I have that Great Britain Pound is greater than America Dollar, a question & answer for you here is:- where will be your position if you travelled to London and Convert your $1,000,000.00 dollars to pound?, definitely the value of your $1,000,000.00 dollars will drop short of a million shattering your dream of being a million"dollarnier". Base on this fact I may not be wrong to say Geographical location really matters. My Pointer on Cotonou, Benin Republic experience as important point to support my claim for geographical location being important factor for ones millionaire statusship is neither a mockery nor a flop. "I chop Eba for Nigeria, you chop Burger for America all na food". Shikenan, Opari.
Re: At What Point Are You A Millionaire? by amannivere(m): 4:32am On Sep 23, 2007
, the day you believe you are,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naija Bet.com / The Nigerian Naira Failed To Respond To The Euphoria That Came With The Signing / Shops At Mokola-Oja Ibadan Razed By Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.