Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims (23670 Views)

Social Register: FG Unveils Plans For Families Of Injured, Fallen Soldiers / Kaduna Train Attack: Tinubu Donates ₦50 Million To Injured Victims / Bombed Abuja-kaduna Train: See Full List Of Injured Passengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by afroniger: 8:29pm On Feb 21, 2021
By admin - February 21, 2021

Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has directed the state’s Ministry of Health to take over the medical bills of some persons who sustained injuries during a shooting incident at Alafara community in Ologuneru/Apata axis of Ibadan on Saturday.

Reports had indicated that some suspected gunmen in the early hours of Saturday invaded the area and killed a number of cows, while leaving some others injured.

The state’s Police Command through the Eleyele Divisional Police Officer had immediately mobilised to the scene and announced that its operatives were on the trail of the perpetrators, as investigations continued.

A statement by the Oyo State Police Command on Saturday had equally indicated that the incident at Alafara Community had nothing to do with Yoruba/Hausa-Fulani clash, adding that relative peace has been restored to the area.

A government delegation led by the Executive Assistant to the Governor on Security, CP Sunday Odukoya (rtd), visited the area, where it discovered that the suspected gunmen invaded the area in the early hours of Saturday and fired shots at the animals.

Odukoya said on Sunday that when the incident was reported to Governor Makinde, he immediately directed the Ministry of Health to take over the treatment of the victims, while the government will compensate the owners for the killed cows.

“His Excellency, Governor Seyi Makinde, on receiving the report of the incident, immediately deployed a team that worked with me to look at the situation.

“We have since briefed His Excellency and he has also directed that the medical bills of the injured persons be fully picked by the government,” Odukoya said.

The statement also indicated that the state government has offered to compensate the owners of the cattle, while the traditional ruler and chiefs in the area are collaborating with security agencies to unravel the situation.

https://oyoinsight.com/makinde-compensates-owners-of-shot-cows-foots-medical-of-injured-victims/

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by EngrMcDon(m): 8:31pm On Feb 21, 2021
Suspected gunmen in the early hours of Saturday invaded the area and killed a number of cows, while leaving some others injured.

Makinde, immediately directed the
Ministry of Health to take over the
treatment of the victims, while the government will compensate the owners for the killed cows.

Shots were fired at the animals,, so who are the victims here,, Cows?

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by AkalaJ: 8:33pm On Feb 21, 2021
Why are these governors always quick to compensate the herdsmen but leave the farmers to their fate when the herders' cows destroy their cops? If it was a farmer that complained about his farm being vandalized by the herders cattle, I am sure Makinde and the police won't have acted on it. God dey.

246 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by butterfly777(m): 8:33pm On Feb 21, 2021
The message is clear: we say no to open grazing.

19 Likes

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by Danzakidakura(m): 8:34pm On Feb 21, 2021
Them too done they pay herdsmen ?

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by Lanretoye(m): 8:35pm On Feb 21, 2021
they shot at cows,so the MOH will treat the injured cows.

2 Likes

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by Bola146(f): 8:36pm On Feb 21, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I hope this man is okay lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by Cantonese: 8:37pm On Feb 21, 2021
I have never heard that Makinde compensated farmers. Am I right or wrong?

Jagbajantis intete!

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 21, 2021
Shey Abiodun also said the fulanis are better Yoruba than him (the chief representative of Ogun State Yorubas)

South west has serious issues

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by duro4chang(m): 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2021
Bola146:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I hope this man is okay lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
For where? He no dey ok at all. Cow life is more important to him.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by Perfectsouth(m): 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2021
SO many farmers have been displaced and many others killed but Makinde decided to take care of cow and it's owners..
IT IS WELL.

Btw, my Barber na idiot coward... So na alafara/apata this thing for happen and you wey dey agbofieti run close shop leaving me unkempt without Barbing my hair!!!

because of this thing wey him do, I no go barb for one month so he go Sabi say I dey vex for am..

17 Likes

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by bigfish3k: 9:43pm On Feb 21, 2021
Useful idiot governor

11 Likes

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by specialmati(m): 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2021
grin the first citizens of the federal republic of Nigeria the rest na second class citizens thats what someone told me cows are in this country in this era of buhari.tinubu na confirm bad person to present buhari to us.in the time we are searching for solution on how to move our country forward he gave us backwardness

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by Elixirsblog: 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2021
Yeah right cause that's the most important thing right now to "compensate owners of shot cows"
bloody govt!! undecided

13 Likes

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by Virus99: 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2021
angry
Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by paulolee(m): 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2021
seems cows and herdsmen now have more value than the people of Oyo state bcoz i barley hear this same government compensating farmers attacked by herdsmen...

10 Likes

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by Dozie32(m): 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2021
Chai what a shame!! These idiots now values cow more than human lives. I weep for this so called Nigeria. God why did you bring me here? Why? embarassed

1 Like

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by sofeo(m): 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2021
Seriously
Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2021
Cantonese:
I have never heard that Makinde compensated farmers. Am I right or wrong?

Such news wouldn't go viral or make front page. That would be a bad news to the enemies of the state. The fight is politically & regionally doctored.

If you know, you know.

1 Like

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by JoeEeL(m): 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2021
We suppose don cook for all these sellout governors o. cool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by Sultty(m): 9:45pm On Feb 21, 2021
Buhari is a terrorist and a ethnic bigot

4 Likes

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by NORSYK(m): 9:46pm On Feb 21, 2021
Our Southern leaders our fools, from Makinde to Ikpeazu to Uzodimgba.

The way I'm seeing it Makinde might not be reelected by the people of Oyo state

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 21, 2021
AkalaJ:
Why are these governors always quick to compensate the herdsmen but leave the farmers to their fate when the herders' cows destroy their cops? If it was a farmer that complained about his farm being vandalized by the herders cattle, I am sure Makinde and the police won't have acted on it. God dey.
the violence taketh it by force.
this country only reward violence

3 Likes

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by merits(m): 9:46pm On Feb 21, 2021

1 Like

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 21, 2021
Good

All those who killed our cows, who looted our loorries and burn down our houses will pay back with their own tax money.

Is Allah not great grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by Slimanyd2: 9:47pm On Feb 21, 2021
Where are the wailers o . Ur food don done . The gullible won't bother to ask if the cows belong to Yorubas or hausa ,but will come here to spew there trash as usual to show that they are more learned .Awon ode . Cows are been reared as private business by both Yoruba and hausa and igbo but the dimmented fools only believe that Fulani only rear cows without forgetting that those rearing the cows are not even the owners of the cows.

1 Like

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by oloyedewaris(m): 9:47pm On Feb 21, 2021
All pdp governors are useless, from zamfara to bauchi to this makinde

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by Lamasta(m): 9:47pm On Feb 21, 2021
A government delegation led by the Executive Assistant to the Governor on Security, CP Sunday Odukoya (rtd), visited the area, where it discovered that the suspected gunmen invaded the area in the early hours of Saturday and fired shots at the animals.

Some persons are committing crime hiding under the guise of Fulani herdsmen
Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by holluwizzy: 9:47pm On Feb 21, 2021
Hmmmm wetin adamu no go see for gate. undecided undecided
Re: Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims by Upworkwriter007(f): 9:47pm On Feb 21, 2021
LOL. The problem started when those cows ate the crops of farmers in that area, did the government compensate the farmers?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Visit: Buhari Directs Rail Linkage To Lekki Port, Commends Pace Of Work / Buhari Confers GCON On Tanko Muhammad / Photos Of Nigerian Soldier Killed In Boko Haram Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.