Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police (60570 Views)

Senator Okorocha Arrested For Unsealing Seized Hotel (video) / Governor Wike Welcomes Senator Okorocha To Brick House In Rivers State / Police: We Arrested Shina Peller For Mobilizing 50 Thugs To Attack Maroko Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by Cutehector(m): 5:51am On Feb 22, 2021
Why am i from imo state sef, it has always been useless governors ruling that state right from Achike Udenwa to Hope Uzodimma.

Imo governors are useless, all of them.
Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by franchasng: 7:22am On Feb 22, 2021
DEROX:
Yes because we see those against him as outsiders who want to take lagos by force as if its their fathers land and we will surely support and back him aginst that rubbish
Lagos belongs to the Yorubas, even a mad man knows that. Nobody can take Lagos away from Yorubas even if there is war, it is forever a Yoruba land by geographical location. Highest others can do is to invest hugely in Lagos which is what Igbos talk about not that they will carry Lagos and cross Ijebu-Ode, cross Ore, cross Benin, cross Agbor, cross Umunede, cross Asaba and go and drop Lagos at Onitsha.

So you guys need to apply your own human sense and wisdom too and not take every nonsense talk serious. That Lagos is no man's land does not mean that the world doesn't know that it belongs to the Yoruba tribe of Nigeria. Stop being cowardly.

You guys problem is your culture and way of life which support dobaale.

Your monarch system which has been imbibed in every Yoruba person makes you guys remain loyal to one stool!

A Yoruba man may hate someone but to satisfy the Yoruba dobaale tradition, he will lie on the floor to greet that elderly person whereas in his heart he is plotting his death. Igbos are different. An Igbo man will tell you that I don't like you to your face.....that he will fight you tomorrow and tomorrow he will definitely come to fight you. He doesn't need to pretend to please some cultural and traditional nonsense when in his heart he is not happy.
Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by NairaMaster1(m): 7:23am On Feb 22, 2021
Divinenwa:
No body is abve arrest

Abi?
Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by Regex: 7:25am On Feb 22, 2021
franchasng:
Lagos belongs to the Yorubas, even a mad man knows that. Nobody can take Lagos away from Yorubas even if there is war, it is forever a Yoruba land by geographical location. Highest others can do is to invest hugely in Lagos which is what Igbos talk about not that they will carry Lagos and cross Ijebu-Ode, cross Ore, cross Benin, cross Agbor, cross Umunede, cross Asaba and go and drop Lagos at Onitsha.

So you guys need to apply your own human sense and wisdom too and not take every nonsense talk serious. That Lagos is no man's land does not mean that the world doesn't know that it belongs to the Yoruba tribe of Nigeria. Stop being cowardly.

You guys problem is your culture and way of life which support dobaale.

Your monarch system which has been imbibed in every Yoruba person makes you guys remain loyal to one stool!

A Yoruba man may hate someone but to satisfy the Yoruba dobaale tradition, he will lie on the floor to greet that elderly person whereas in his heart he is plotting his death. Igbos are different. An Igbo man will tell you that I don't like you to your face.....that he will fight you tomorrow and tomorrow he will definitely come to fight you. He doesn't need to pretend to please some cultural and traditional nonsense when in his heart he is not happy.

Words, broken down and nicely said!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by Cobham10: 7:34am On Feb 22, 2021
How youths still stupidly follow these devilish politicians still baffles me...Okoroawusa's children are probably out of this dammed country and enjoying the best of his loots, yet some ignoramus are fighting for him in the name of thuggery...let all of them die
The status builder deserves all the humiliation
Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by Divinehenrich(m): 8:15am On Feb 22, 2021
Rochas is a very greedy man. So because you were privileged to became a governor, that gives you the temerity to use the state fund to build university, estate, hotels
Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by FBIBOT(m): 8:33am On Feb 22, 2021
Why do our police dress up like robbers/terrorists....? Police shouldn't appear scary but friendly...
Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by nurusystem(m): 8:44am On Feb 22, 2021
Igbo don't respect each other
Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by festacman(m): 9:42am On Feb 22, 2021
Agadinaagwuofe:

I don't know if anyone has answered you as I didn't bother to read through.. I am answering as an independent and apolitical observer.

Rochas is "claiming" he had money before he came into govt and being into govt hasn't stopped him and his family from investing more, Uzodimma is "claiming " Rochas used his position as a former governor to acquire most of these properties. To be sincere when Rochas was on seat his family members acquired some properties but given the antecedents of him he was a rich man before coming into politics.. The Palm spring in question was built during Rochas regime as well as Eastern palm university. However the issue now is the case to forfeit those properties should have been documented and filed as a petition to EFCC, though Rochas has a pending case with EFCC and most assets were seized but released, This particular asset was in court as at the last time it was mentioned but Uzodimma went above court without issuing the "owner" court document authorizing him to shut it down and that's why Rochas decided to act on his own brazen "craze" to apply the same junglistic method..

My opinion Uzodimma and Rochas has been at logger heads since Uzodimma ditched the agreement and employed only APC people that struggled with him during his political fight with Rochas prior to IMO state gubernatorial and since then have been waging war with "IMO political warriors" e.g Ararume etc. However I feel he is fighting a 3-pronged war which will finally consume him. He is not in good book of workers and pensioners as he has been paying staggered salaries since he entered..He is not in good books of populace for his recent "unwise" talk about sending military to his zone, now he is building an everlasting enmity between some other political big wigs..How does he expect to come out unhurt. Well politicians must be politicians. This is the current situation void of sentiments.

Thank you.. angry

Loads of sincere thanks for this enlightenment. It reveals a lot.
Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by POTUT(m): 10:38am On Feb 22, 2021
festacman:
What I don't understand is why a public servant would OPENLY (I.e not using a front) build a hotel complex and a university with Imo State money and wants to convert them to his own personal real assets.

If there are clear pieces of evidence tha Rochas Okorocha used public money to build these two heavily-funded complexes and perhaps more, why is he still fighting shamelessly?

Is Hope Uzodimma just witchhunting Rochas as part of political rivalry? Did any court of competent jurisdiction order the seizure of this properties?

Please anybody who knows the true situation should help me.

Yes, there's a Judicial Commission of Inquiry, whose report is the basis of authority for sealing the property. How dare you unseal what is sealed by a government! go to court and challenge it, instead of walking around with a superficial air of importance.

If you are from Imo, or lived in Owerri, you will not need to look for evidence though. Rochas converted every prime real estate that belonged to the State to his own. He appointed his son-in-law as Commissioner for Lands and just took any land he set his eyes on.

Imo Broadcasting Corporation property at Orji, Owerri, a vast land I have known from the time I was a child growing up in Owerri is just one of the real estate he stole.

Rochas was broke before he became governor, only to re-emerge a billionaire after 8 years. His wife has no business venture, neither had she worked before. Just because you are the governor's wife, you suddenly become owner of that huge property?

This is similar to Dame Patience Jonathan's ownership of luxury real estate.

I commend the governor for having the balls to move for recovery. This is no witch hunt. I am not a supporter of Hope Uzodinma, I believe he will do only 1 term because Ndi Imo are livid with the Supreme Court for a nonsensical judgment that will haunt all of them justices till death.
Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by festacman(m): 10:43am On Feb 22, 2021
POTUT:

Yes, there's a Judicial Commission of Inquiry, whose report is the basis of authority for sealing the property. How dare you unseal what is sealed by a government! go to court and challenge it, instead of walking around with a superficial air of importance.

If you are from Imo, or lived in Owerri, you will not need to look for evidence though. Rochas converted every prime real estate that belonged to the State to his own. He appointed his son-in-law as Commissioner for Lands and just took any land he set his eyes on.

Imo Broadcasting Corporation property at Orji, Owerri, a vast land I have known from the time I was a child growing up in Owerri is just one of the real estate he stole.

Rochas was broke before he became governor, only to re-emerge a billionaire after 8 years. His wife has no business venture, neither had she worked before. Just because you are the governor's wife, you suddenly become owner of that huge property?

This is similar to Dame Patience Jonathan's ownership of luxury real estate.

I commend the governor for having the balls to move for recovery. This is no witch hunt. I am not a supporter of Hope Uzodinma, I believe he will do only 1 term because Ndi Imo are livid with the Supreme Court for a nonsensical judgment that will haunt all of them justices till death.

Your explanation made things clearer. Hope other people would read it and be informed also. Thanks a lot.
Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by mosesaigbe(m): 1:16pm On Feb 22, 2021
It's well.
Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by BaddieKay(f): 2:23pm On Feb 22, 2021
Galaxydon1:
stupid
kee yourself grin cheesy
Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by Deepthoughts: 3:27pm On Feb 22, 2021
Doraty1:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/02/21/updated-why-we-arrested-former-imo-governor-okorocha-police
If Rochas felt sealing the properties was illegal why didn't he approach the courts,he is in APC n it's Apc that has been asking people to go to court if they are not satisfied,now one can see their hypocrisy,but they will tell you it's only PDP members that are corrupt,truth is Apc is worse because they are so shameless.
Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by Cromagnon: 4:14pm On Feb 24, 2021
LikeAking:

Rochas dey always from a good man, giver, saint, etc.

is it not better than those that are forming bad guy
Re: Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police by Mozino007(m): 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin
If a whole ex governor can be arrested,na Cor me wey be ordinary manager for bakery

This life, nothing last forever...I mean no position last forever.....Na only God know how many people the same okorocha oppress during him time...But you see that babe wey Dem dey KARMA, that babe na bitch It doesn't leave any stone unturned...
Bros I be baker n I dey look for work...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Artillery Weapons Bought By Jonathan, Used By Late Col. Abu-led Troops (Video) / Who Amongst These APC Candidates Should Replace Audu In The Dec 5 Supp Polls? / Evicted 85-year-old Retired Soldier Gets New Apartment (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.