Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) (10525 Views)

President Buhari Meets With Ministers Over ASUU Strike (Photos) / Sit-at-home: Adopt Another Approach. Delta Government Begs IPOB, Unknown Gunmen / The Big Stones Abia Government Is Using In The 'Operation Zero Portholes' (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2021
Abia state government has urged teachers in the state to resume classes, by March 1, 2020, saying that it had paid one million Naira between December 2020 and January 2021, to settle arrears of salaries, owed teachers in the state

Teachers in the state had gone on an indefinite strike to press home the demand for the payment of arrears of salaries owed them.

Commissioner for Information, Chief John Okiyi Kalu, who disclosed this in a statement, explained that the government is committed to the payment of the outstanding arrears of salaries and urged the teachers to reciprocate the gesture by resuming duties on March 1.

Okiyi Kalu further explained that the government is also set to pay the Teachers’ Salary Structure, TSS, before the end of the week.

In his words; “The Abia State Government wishes to appreciate teachers in the State for their understanding in the processes we have initiated to clear the outstanding emoluments being owed them.

“To demonstrate our commitment to this cause, the government has already paid a total of N1.1bn in salary arrears to the teachers between December 2020 and now, and is set to further pay their TSS within the week.

“Based on the foregoing, we call on the teachers to reciprocate government gestures, and show a further sense of patriotism by returning to classes on March 1, 2021.”

The Commissioner added that the government is determined to improve the welfare of teachers in the state as agreed with them.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/02/abia-govt-begs-teachers-to-call-off-strike/

1 Share

Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2021

11 Likes

Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by allen113: 2:51pm On Feb 23, 2021
so Abia state get fine place like this. never knew I thought everywhere was a slum
Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by slawormiir: 2:54pm On Feb 23, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Pussy ass government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by BruncleZuma: 2:54pm On Feb 23, 2021

11 Likes

Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by Ghozt(m): 2:54pm On Feb 23, 2021
When I saw this post I remembered the advice that my grandfather told me at my uncle's wedding while we were sitting next to each other next to the music band,the volume was loud I couldn't hear him

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by West1side: 2:54pm On Feb 23, 2021
Waiting on the multitude of foolish Igbos on NL that Lagos is there problem to say if Tinubu is to blame for the problem in Alaigbo again.

To the lunatics from either igbo or Yoruba that think he or she as an opinion on me concentrating on my state, please ask you fathers especially the foolish n opinated ones among you lot of that is how your tribesmen shut their mouth over Lagos Ogun Osun Kwara Ondo Kogi etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by Lamasta(m): 2:55pm On Feb 23, 2021
He has used money meant for teachers to drink champagne grin

9 Likes

Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by LoudLord(m): 2:55pm On Feb 23, 2021
cool

Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by Iruobean(m): 2:56pm On Feb 23, 2021
hh
Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by KahlDrogo(m): 2:56pm On Feb 23, 2021
They should not worry. Tinubu will soon pay them their salaries since he is the cause of all igbo problems.

Ndi ara.

3 Likes

Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by heendrix(m): 2:56pm On Feb 23, 2021
Failed States like Abia and its junior Brother Osun n Ibadan should be shared amongst Elder failed state like Somalia n Libya and the left over proceed be shared among their inhabitants sad

2 Likes

Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by LoudLord(m): 2:58pm On Feb 23, 2021
heendrix:
h

For Hen
Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by Bustincole(m): 3:00pm On Feb 23, 2021
failed govt undecided
Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by Georgry(m): 3:00pm On Feb 23, 2021
grin

He don use the money drink champagne

3 Likes

Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by dontro(m): 3:03pm On Feb 23, 2021
Unbelievable.

Instead of you to pay them their salaries you're begging them to continue working.

This country sef weak me.
Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by Ogbodavies(m): 3:04pm On Feb 23, 2021
abia n backwardness na 5 n 6

2 Likes

Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by Muhylonaire007: 3:05pm On Feb 23, 2021
The only underpaid profession in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by YorubaPrince: 3:07pm On Feb 23, 2021
Shey na begging go feed their families? Foolish ple. They steal and loot every penny allocated to them from the FG plus the revenue generated from their state yet, they're begging innocent teachers.

E no go better for them all... na thunder go strike them all! angry

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 23, 2021
allen113:
so Abia state get fine place like this. never knew I thought everywhere was a slum

You made me laugh
Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by Jimasun: 3:10pm On Feb 23, 2021
Tinubu has stolen all the money meant payment of Salaries in Abia state

2 Likes

Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by Antoeni(m): 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2021
Nigeria Most Unlucky State with the Most Useless Governor

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by caesymore(m): 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2021
grin and an apology was demanded. champagne governor .

2 Likes

Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by Perfectsouth(m): 3:12pm On Feb 23, 2021
Ok
Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by thoollz: 3:16pm On Feb 23, 2021
Isn't the state governed by drunkards?

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by tutudesz: 3:19pm On Feb 23, 2021
Champagne Popping Governor grin

2 Likes

Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by WiszyFraud: 3:30pm On Feb 23, 2021
allen113:

Lmao.
You no just well.
A whole state naa you think that kind thing for?? cry
Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by ProfDave123: 3:31pm On Feb 23, 2021
To imagine that this state is governed by a Lecturer and PhD holder is worrisome and shameful to say the least. A slowpoke indeed!

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Begs Teachers To Call Off Strike (Photos) by Monogamy: 3:32pm On Feb 23, 2021
Why not pay them their salaries instead of begging them.

They also have bills to pay now

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Umahi Condemns Killing Of Chike Akunyili By "Unknown Gunmen" / Disputed Abuja Land: Patience, Turai To Give Final Address / Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.