Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,154 members, 7,864,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:18 AM

Nairaland Democratic Party - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Democratic Party (3395 Views)

Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party declared Oyo South / For The People’s Democratic Party Dr Bukola Saraki Is The Best Route To Aso Rock / Breaking... Adamawa State People Democratic Party (PDP) Mega Rally!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by budaatum: 11:32am On Jul 10, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
The truth is that you are living in a fantasy world.

Ethnicity is important because we live in a multicultural society.

It pleases me to know that ethnicity is important to you because you live in a multicultural society.

I myself who also lives in a multicultural society can not say ethnicity is more important to me especially where competency is of significance as it ought to be when electing rulers, and I can not possibly be the only one for whom competency is more important than ethnicity and who can overcome the ignorance of ọmọ wa ni ẹ jẹ o se if ọmọ wa lacks the required competency. After all, if our ethnic ọmọ does it incompetently it is we their ethnic that will suffer most from a bad reputation of incompetence.

Thanks for letting me know I believed wrongly regarding your ethnic self. I have adjusted my belief but will continue to labour on making you place competency above ethnicity.
Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by budaatum: 11:36am On Jul 10, 2021
Abedfff14:

guy you are brilliant, you surely have something upstairs, keep it up bro.

Thank you Sir. May what is upstairs profit all regardless of ethnicity, tribe, religion, gender, sex, colour, etc and even political party, so that we elect competency over them all.
Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2021
budaatum:

It pleases me to know that ethnicity is important to you because you live in a multicultural society.

I myself who also lives in a multicultural society can not say ethnicity is more important to me especially where competency is of significance as it ought to be when electing rulers, and I can not possibly be the only one for whom competency is more important than ethnicity and who can overcome the ignorance of ọmọ wa ni ẹ jẹ o se if ọmọ wa lacks the required competency. After all, if our ethnic ọmọ does it incompetently it is we their ethnic that will suffer most from a bad reputation of incompetence.

Thanks for letting me know I believed wrongly regarding your ethnic self. I have adjusted my belief but will continue to labour on making you place competency above ethnicity.

With all your talk about competency over ethnicity...and i want to say that competency is also important in politics or any endeavor in life.

But Are you trying to say that there are no people of competency from your tribe?

Pls be honest.

I believe you are yoruba and in most yoruba towns, they have a monarchy system, will you support a northern with competency to be a king over your people. Also do you think, the people of your state will vote a gbagi man with competency to be their village head or even the state governor.

I think you need to go back and observe your town and village and ask yourself why in your villages and town, people select leaders from among themselves to rule not outsiders.

A history of colonialism should be a starter package for reference, it should be a case study of what happens when you allow people who don't understand your way of life, traditions and cultures to rule over you.
Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by budaatum: 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
With all your talk about competency over ethnicity...and i want to say that competency is also important in politics or any endeavor in life.

But Are you trying to say that there are no people of competency from your tribe?

Pls be honest.

In my tribe we say "ile ni a ti ko ẹsọ re ode". The Christian version would be "[url=https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Luke%206%3A45]of the abundance of his heart his mouth speaketh[/url]". I am saying what abounds in my own heart, and I pressume you are saying what abounds in your own heart too and not that which you believe abounds in the hearts of others, unless you are a mind reader.

Of course there are people to whom ethnicity is more important than competency. You are claiming to be such a person yourself so it would be ignorant to claim there aren't many who might reason like you seem to be reasoning, but are you suggesting that I too should reason brainlessly and place ethnicity above competency? There are ignorant people in my tribe and in my village and even in my family, but you would not ask me to become ignorant and make ignorant choices too, or would you?

The Olufon of the Orolu Kingdom died recently and we are seeking a new Olufon, and while I might personally wish we could elect someone instead of choosing from amongst one family in the Ile Ọba as is tradition, I can assure you that while many will be put forward from Ile Ọba, we will still insist on a competent person from amongst them because not doing so will cost us in our community.

Change starts with each of us as individuals. We can sit here claimimg everyone else will place ethnicity above competency, but if I don't place ethnicity above competency and instead place competency above ethnicity, and if you too place competency above ethnicity, and if a few others join us and place competency above ethnicity, competency just might end up winning on the day, but if we refuse to change how we think and reason and keep doing what we've been doing, we'd keep getting exactly the results that we deserve. Just note that we do not seem to like the status quo, and perhaps should consider changing that (ethnicity) which abounds in our own hearts so we may be able to change that which might abound in the hearts of others.

Please know that the sole purpose of this thread is to begin with oneself and change how oneself thinks and reasons and what one does as a result, but we are aware that not everyone would reason and change how they think. Such people can go on doing things as they have always done things and keep getting the results they've always gotten, or they can learn and change what they do so they can get different results. The choice is your's, thebosstrevor1, or rather, their's, as will be the consequences of what it is that you, or rather, they, do.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 10, 2021
budaatum:

In my tribe we say "ile ni a ti ko ẹsọ re ode". The Christian version would be "[url=https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Luke%206%3A45]of the abundance of his heart his mouth speaketh[/url]". I am saying what abounds in my own heart, and I pressume you are saying what abounds in your own heart too and not that which you believe abounds in the hearts of others, unless you are a mind reader.

Of course there are people to whom ethnicity is more important than competency. You are claiming to be such a person yourself so it would be ignorant to claim there aren't many who might reason like you seem to be reasoning, but are you suggesting that I too should reason brainlessly and place ethnicity above competency? There are ignorant people in my tribe and in my village and even in my family, but you would not ask me to become ignorant and make ignorant choices too, or would you?

The Olufon of the Orolu Kingdom died recently and we are seeking a new Olufon, and while I might personally wish we could elect someone instead of choosing from amongst one family in the Ile Ọba as is tradition, I can assure you that while many will be put forward from Ile Ọba, we will still insist on a competent person from amongst them because not doing so will cost us in our community.

Change starts with each of us as individuals. We can sit here claimimg everyone else will place ethnicity above competency, but if I don't place ethnicity above competency and instead place competency above ethnicity, and if you too place competency above ethnicity, and if a few others join us and place competency above ethnicity, competency just might end up winning on the day, but if we refuse to change how we think and reason and keep doing what we've been doing, we'd keep getting exactly the results that we deserve. Just note that we do not seem to like the status quo, and perhaps should consider changing that (ethnicity) which abounds in our own hearts so we may be able to change that which might abound in the hearts of others.

Please know that the sole purpose of this thread is to begin with oneself and change how oneself thinks and reasons and what one does as a result, but we are aware that not everyone would reason and change how they think. Such people can go on doing things as they have always done things and keep getting the results they've always gotten, or they can learn and change what they do so they can get different results. The choice is your's, thebosstrevor1, or rather, their's, as will be the consequences of what it is that you, or rather, they, do.

Just because i said ethnicity matters in politics, you have twisted my words to means i favour ethnicity over competence,
anyway, you didn't answer any of my questions but try to beat around the bushes.

I asked you a simple question, will your people select a northerner that is competent to be the ruler of your town or village? Please answer me

The funniest stuff is you never gave any answer but you went on a motivational speech on why change starts from each of us.

I believe that you are naive of real political matters, your liberal view on how society and politics is supposed to work on applies on paper in reality it is impossible.

Go back and learn history and you see the same pattern, politics is localised, people will put in power, those that look like them and act like them.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by budaatum: 5:35pm On Jul 10, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Just because i said ethnicity matters in politics, you have twisted my words to means i favour ethnicity over competence,
anyway, you didn't answer any of my questions but try to beat around the bushes.

I asked you a simple question, will your people select a northerner that is competent to be the ruler of your town or village? Please answer me

The funniest stuff is you never gave any answer but you went on a motivational speech on why change starts from each of us.

I believe that you are naive of real political matters, your liberal view on how society and politics is supposed to work on applies on paper in reality it is impossible.

Go back and learn history and you see the same pattern, politics is localised, people will put in power, those that look like them and act like them.
Your question is rather irrelevant since my people can not even choose a king from outside the Ile Ọba from which our kings are chosen.

You are free and entitled to whatever opinion you may have of me. As you can see for yourself, others have expressed various opinions of me too, some worse than your opinion and some rather flattering, so buda lives. Hopefully, some will be motivated to surmount ethnicity and choose competency instead.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 10, 2021
budaatum:

Your question is rather irrelevant since my people can not even choose a king from outside the Ile Ọba from which our kings are chosen.

You are free and entitled to whatever opinion you may have of me. As you can see for yourself, others have expressed various opinions of me too, some worse than your opinion and some rather flattering, so buda lives. Hopefully, some will be motivated to surmount ethnicity and choose competency instead.

Since your people won't choose their king from outside the ille oba, now why do you expect them to select a competent leader from outside their tribe or clan to represent them in political matters.

Or do you want to impose a leader on them, if your party is democratic then it will be power to the people to elect whoever they like to represent them.
Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by budaatum: 6:53pm On Jul 10, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Since your people won't choose their king from outside the ille oba, now why do you expect them to select a competent leader from outside their tribe or clan to represent them in political matters.

Or do you want to impose a leader on them, if your party is democratic then it will be power to the people to elect whoever they like to represent them.

My people in the Orolu Kingdom will vote for a governor for our state and that person will not be from amongst us in the Orolu Kingdom, nor will those we vote as president be from amongst us, so your point is rather mute as not everyone just goes for their tribe person.

Go check how many tribes peoples of Obasanjo did not vote for him, or see how many Igbos are not in support of Kanu, and you just might adjust your thinking. Even Buhari did not get the votes of all his ethnic people, so I really do not see the point you insist in making here except to claim your thinking is universal despite the fact that it very obviously isn't, at least not amongst those who can use their own brains.

In a democracy, which is not how we chose our Oba, mind, everyone gets to vote their hearts desires, and some may vote ethnicity and some may vote competency or whatever criteria they may decide to vote on, and whoever gets the most votes wins, and while we can ask, plead with you even, to vote on the criteria that we consider to be the superior criteria, we can not and are not imposing on you to choose as we wish.

Your vote. Your right. Do note.
Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 10, 2021
budaatum:

My people in the Orolu Kingdom will vote for a governor for our state and that person will not be from amongst us in the Orolu Kingdom, nor will those we vote as president be from amongst us, so your point is rather mute as not everyone just goes for their tribe person.

Go check how many tribes peoples of Obasanjo did not vote for him, or see how many Igbos are not in support of Kanu, and you just might adjust your thinking. Even Buhari did not get the votes of all his ethnic people, so I really do not see the point you insist in making here except to claim your thinking is universal despite the fact that it very obviously isn't, at least not amongst those who can use their own brains.

In a democracy, which is not how we chose our Oba, mind, everyone gets to vote their hearts desires, and some may vote ethnicity and some may vote competency or whatever criteria they may decide to vote on, and whoever gets the most votes wins, and while we can ask, plead with you even, to vote on the criteria that we consider to be the superior criteria, we can not and are not imposing on you to choose as we wish.

Your vote. Your right. Do note.

The people of Orolu kingdom might not vote for the state governor because he is not from their area or because the majority of voters in that area aren't supporters of his party.

Is the chairman of your local government from outside orolu?

If an orolu man was coming out for governorship, majority of orolu people will vote for him because he is for their interest.

Obasanjo didn't get vote from his people because his people were supporters of AD, olu falae another yoruba man got the support of all yorubas in that same election because the majority of his people were supporters of AD of which olu falae was the flag bearer.

Nnamdi kanu has the support of majority of igbos, if not they won't obey his stay at home command from London.

If you claim your party is democratic in nature, then you will give the people the power to choose who ever they want no matter if they decide to bring a man of the same tribe as them to rule.

Trying to persuade people to choose your "superior" candidate is already undemocratic
Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by Abedfff14: 7:47pm On Jul 10, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You need to wake up to political reality in a multi cultural society.

People will vote people who looks, speak the same language and thinks like them.

Politics is localised, the idea that we live in a globalised world is a dead game for politics. People will only vote for you if they know you in the local level and forget the idea of internet, real voters are in the towns and villages with no access to the internet.

Anyway i wish you goodluck in taking an ijaw man with competence to an igbo village to campaign for votes, i wonder how he is going to convince them to vote for him.
that is for the uneducated and unlearned ones.
Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by budaatum: 12:10am On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
If you claim your party is democratic in nature, then you will give the people the power to choose who ever they want no matter if they decide to bring a man of the same tribe as them to rule.
You keep saying "your party" as if this thread is titled buda's democratic party! If you bothered to read the thread itself, you'd see the plan is for members to join the party of their choice and influence it so the candidate of their choice wins.

The hope is that we learn from our past errors of electing the wrong people and vote much more wisely next time, since it is us who suffer from our choice of bad leaders.

budaatum:

The Nairaland Democratic Party is not affiliated to either PDP or APC but if it chooses to affiliate, it shall be democratically decided by all members and be determined by the local conditions on ground such that in some places affiliation may be with PDP and in others with APC.

We must not mind which party we hijack so long as we win.

References:
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factions_in_the_Republican_Party_%28United_States%29?wprov=sfla1]Factions in the Republican Party (United States)[/url]
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factions_in_the_Democratic_Party_%28United_States%29?wprov=sfla1]Factions in the Democratic Party (United States)[/url]
History of the Conservative Party (UK)
History of the Labour Party (UK)

thebosstrevor1:
Trying to persuade people to choose your "superior" candidate is already undemocratic
Do you seriously think buda has some superpower to make anyone bow down and obey buda?

Not my superior candidate trevor, because I can not possibly be the only person with a brain or the knowledge to use a brain, and everyone else can not possibly just do as buda commands that they must!

The candidate that each individual considers superior to all other candidates is what is proposed. Just that hopefully you use an intelligent criteria to determine superiority and not just the ignorance of ethnicity nor religion nor gender nor sex nor tribe, as those are not really requirements for good governance.

It's however not by force that you use an intelligent criteria to vote for whoever you want to vote for, and you most definitely do not require buda's permission or approval.
Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 11, 2021
budaatum:

You keep saying "your party" as if this thread is titled buda's democratic party! If you bothered to read the thread itself, you'd see the plan is for members to join the party of their choice and influence it so the candidate of their choice wins.

The hope is that we learn from our past errors of electing the wrong people and vote much more wisely next time, since it is us who suffer from our choice of bad leaders.

Do you seriously think buda has some superpower to make anyone bow down and obey buda?

Not my superior candidate trevor, because I can not possibly be the only person with a brain or the knowledge to use a brain, and everyone else can not possibly just do as buda commands that they must!

The candidate that each individual considers superior to all other candidates is what is proposed. Just that hopefully you use an intelligent criteria to determine superiority and not just the ignorance of ethnicity nor religion nor gender nor sex nor tribe, as those are not really requirements for good governance.

It's however not by force that you use an intelligent criteria to vote for whoever you want to vote for, and you most definitely do not require buda's permission or approval.

Isnt your party? It is your idea, you are the founder which makes it your party.

You choose to only answer questions you think you can handle while dismissing others.

To point out, what you are trying to do, any member can join and influence it to make their own candidates win, this is already the beginning of choas in the party.

How do people influence a choose, if they don't have the means to do it, that means only people of means can have influence in the party while people of no means are being relegated to the side. I am just pointing out the flaws in your fantasy product.

As a party founder, you are going to have great influence indirectly making you a kinda of authoritarian leader insude your democratic party, the reality is if you dont want choas, you have to be a dictatorial or authoritarian leader and hold much influence so that your party wont die.

Anyway, i have already given you ethnicity problem in leadership which you dismissed, now, another reality i have raised is the reality that some members will have more influence than the other, even you will be influential, i know you will also dismiss this, but in real life, a kind of hierarchy need to be put in place to prevent choas.

Now, for every political movement, you need fund, how do you plan to raise money to maje your dream a reality, considering the fact, that he who sponsors a party can also put his own agenda on the table to influence the party.
Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by budaatum: 4:40pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Isnt your party? It is your idea, you are the founder which makes it your party.

You choose to only answer questions you think you can handle while dismissing others.

To point out, what you are trying to do, any member can join and influence it to make their own candidates win, this is already the beginning of choas in the party.

How do people influence a choose, if they don't have the means to do it, that means only people of means can have influence in the party while people of no means are being relegated to the side. I am just pointing out the flaws in your fantasy product.

As a party founder, you are going to have great influence indirectly making you a kinda of authoritarian leader insude your democratic party, the reality is if you dont want choas, you have to be a dictatorial or authoritarian leader and hold much influence so that your party wont die.

Anyway, i have already given you ethnicity problem in leadership which you dismissed, now, another reality i have raised is the reality that some members will have more influence than the other, even you will be influential, i know you will also dismiss this, but in real life, a kind of hierarchy need to be put in place to prevent choas.

Now, for every political movement, you need fund, how do you plan to raise money to maje your dream a reality, considering the fact, that he who sponsors a party can also put his own agenda on the table to influence the party.

A person being a founder of a party does not mean that person can dictate to others, and influencing is not the same as dictating. I am after all here trying to influence you to place competency above ethnicity, and failing woefully. Would I succeed if I dictate that you must place competency above ethnicity? I am beginning to wonder!

Democracy, and voting, are both antidotes to chaos. One may come up with ideas, like 'place competency above ethnicity', but the majority may insist to do otherwise and place ethnicity before competency, and no amount of dictating by buda might possibly change their minds, though I would of course continue to influence by educating. I can assure you that many are currently reading our exchange and are considering both our positions and may be influenced by you or by me, so please don't underestimate yourself. I assure you that I don't underestimate your ability to influence, and I sure don't underestimate my own persuasive influential powers even if they seem to be failing to influence you.

The only power we have and the means to do whatever we decide to do, is our minds and our voices and our votes. No one is buying anyone so I don't know why you think money is required. When election time comes, we shall be encouraging people to register to vote, and to scrutinise what those touting for their votes are promising to do, and assessing their past to see if and how they stuck to their word, and the only money required is that you have enough to buy your data and the mind to read and the ability to post your findings and hope to influence others to at least consider your opinion or views. And as you can clearly see, you are not bowing to the pressumed authority you claim I have, and I don't expect you to be the only one who tells me I'm dreaming, but that does not mean all the others reading our conversation might not be influenced one way or the other.

Now, a final note on your ethnicity claim. We Nigerians have majorly voted along ethnic and religious lines. Not all of us have, but enough of us have, and we can see for ourselves the mess that we have created for ourselves. We can continue doing what we have been doing and keep getting the same results, or we can change what we do and do instead that which will give us the results we desire. There's currently 2,704,025 of us registered on Nairaland, and after compensating for multiple monickers and dead members, half that number would make our population greater than about two states and the Federal Capital Territory, so I would suggest we learn to know how powerful we can be and do our best to influence our next election instead of sitting back and having leaders imposed on us, because it is us who will be hear wailing after 2023 if the same old incompetent politicians we elect because of ethnicity or religion get to rule us again.

This is aspirational, "a dream", you've called it, and is one I have had since before registering on here. My dream may not become reality by the next election, or the one after that, or the one after that, or after ten elections or twenty or in 2121 even, but I have immense faith in us that one day we will do that which is right and that will get us the result that will bring us progress even if its long after I am dead and have become worm food.

The below is not sung anymore, but there are some on here who have it tattooed on their minds.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by Nobody: 12:19am On Jul 12, 2021
budaatum:

A person being a founder of a party does not mean that person can dictate to others, and influencing is not the same as dictating. I am after all here trying to influence you to place competency above ethnicity, and failing woefully. Would I succeed if I dictate that you must place competency above ethnicity, I am beginning to wonder!

Democracy, and voting, are both antidotes to chaos. One may come up with ideas, like 'place competency above ethnicity', but the majority may insist to do otherwise and place ethnicity before competency, and no amount of dictating by buda might possibly change their minds, though I would of course continue to influence by educating. I can assure you that many are currently reading our exchange and are considering both our positions and may be influenced by you or by me, so please don't underestimate yourself. I assure you that I don't underestimate your ability to influence, and I sure don't underestimate my own persuasive influential powers even if they seem to be failing to influence you

The only power we have and the means to do whatever we decide to do, is our minds and our voices and our votes. No one is buying anyone so I don't know why you think money is required. When election time comes, we shall be encouraging people to register to vote, and to scrutinise what those touting for their votes are promising to do, and assessing their past to see if and how they stuck to their word, and the only money required is that you have enough to buy your data and the mind to read, and the ability to post your findings and hope to influence others to at least consider your opinion or views. And as you can clearly see, you are not bowing to the pressumed authority you claim I have, and I don't expect you to be the only one who tells me I'm dreaming, but that does not mean all the ithers reading our conversation might not be influenced one way or the other.

Now, a final note on your ethnicity claim. We Nigerians have majorly voted along ethnic and religious lines. Not all of us have, but enough of us have, and we can see for ourselves the mess that we have created for ourselves. We can continue doing what we have been doing and keep getting the same results, or we can change what we do and do instead that which will give us the results we desire. There's currently 2,704,025 of us registered on Nairaland, and after compensating for multiple monickers and dead members, half that number would make our population greater than about two states and the Federal Capital Territory, so I would suggest we learn to know how powerful we can be and do our best to influence our next election instead of sitting back and having leaders imposed on us, because it is us who will be hear wailing after 2023 if the same old incompetent politicians we elect because of ethnicity or religion get to rule us again.

Do note that all this is aspirational, "a dream", you've called it, and is one I have had since before registering on here. My dream may not become reality by the next election, or the one after that, or the one after that, or after ten elections or twenty or in 2121 even, but I have immense faith in us that one day we will do that which is right and that will get us the result that will bring us progress even if its long after I am dead and have become worm food.

The below is not sung anymore, but there are some on here who have it tattooed on their minds.

I will to write that you haven't waken up to the realities of politics in Nigeria, you are still dreaming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by budaatum: 1:03am On Jul 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I will to write that you haven't waken up to the realities of politics in Nigeria, you are still dreaming.

Well, it's not as if all my dreams ever come true. Still, I will go on hoping you place competency over ethnicity, but if you don't the next person to read our conversation just might or the one after that person might or the one after that person might, because everyone can't be like you.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by budaatum: 10:16am On Aug 14, 2021
You showed me that if my thinking does not conform to the reality I see with my eyes, I should change my thinking or pluck out my eyes.

You were a muse to me Collinsanele, so I borrowed for here. With the most sincerest gratitude.

Thank you.

Collinsanele:

With all the taxation in Nigeria, can you see any improvement.
Even with all the borrowings/loans, are things really getting better.
I initially thought the govt was sincerely fighting insecurity, but why make a former Coas an ambassador even with his lack lustre performance.
Why is the govt turning a deaf ear to some killer fulani herdsmen that are kidnapping, killing and maiming people.
What about the obvious violation of human rights in Nigeria.
I understand your point, but let's be factual and tell ourselves the truth without attaching any sentiment whatsoever.
Nevertheless, Nigeria would be great again.

budaatum:

Me, buda, is the government! Those ruling today were elected from amongst myself by myself either directly by my voting for myself, or by me sitting on my ass doing absolutely nothing so those who now rule were elected. All those horrible nasty things you mentioned - "some killer fulani herdsmen that are kidnapping, killing and maiming people", "obvious violation of human rights", etc, are also all being done by my very Nigerian self!

If I were not been stupid and very ignorant I would not be doing those nasty things to myself, and if I had opened my eyes and very carefully scrutinised those who put themselves forward from amongst myself to be elected to rule me I might have chosen different rulers who would ensure I do not stupidly do myself. But useless me sat on my ass expecting government to be my messiah and save me from myself and now me myself is wailing from burning in the hell I stupidly ignorantly created for myself!

Thankfully, na democracy we de now, where I get to have 4 years to learn the stupidity and errors of my choice and correct them.

Lord please open my eyes so that I do not stupidly do myself again at the next election so that I can make Nigeria great and have nothing to wail about instead of ignorantly sitting on my ass wailing for all I desire to fall from heaven like manna. Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim Aleluya Jesus Christ Amen!

I hope the above is "factual and tell ourselves the truth without attaching any sentiment whatsoever" enough for you.

Join the Nairaland Democratic Party and be the difference you want to see!
Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by budaatum: 1:06pm On Sep 08, 2021
Fourwinds:
What do you have to say about this:

buckeyemedia
nlpolicewoman
krismas
alimohammedibn
falseprophet
pricemajestic
pantami
modsfucker
ibkhaleel
Biodun556
Lastcall
Aboks
Gawu1
theFilmtric
Asidy
MalcoImX
Ibrahimmrfish
AdolfAboki
Queseda,
tsagir
Niceman12
QuotaSystem
abduljabbar4
Northurmate
Fariq
DanArrewa
Susu888
SWORD419
spendoon
Bakinwuta
Bazamfare
Almaigaa
Arewawife
NorthRules9ja
Simplyleo
Ngeneukwenu
Vedaxcool

Budaatum
Monogamy
donbenie
Candidlady
supportnija
Safyqueen
Danjikanbauchi
SlyDev
oloyedewaris
Haakeem
Caseless
Lovenorth
Patrioticman007
Cilicmarin
Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by budaatum: 6:34pm On Sep 15, 2021
Thanks for going to so much effort in compiling this list of influential individuals who's input makes a difference.

vibratingpenis:
Eeeeh! I just wanted to make sure you guys are around to see how our darling daddy android bot is signing away your destinies to loot the money. Congrats to destinyless children of hate.

Na updated list be this ooo

(i) 1)    Kestolove

(ii) 2)    Juliusmalema

(iii) 3)    Buckeyemedia

(iv) 4)    Nlpolicewoman

(v) 5)    Krismas

(vi) 6)    Alimohammedibn

(vii) 7)    Falseprophet

(viii) cool    Pricemajestic

(ix) 9)    Pantami

(x) 10)                     Modsfucker

(xi) 11)                     Ibkhaleel

(xii) 12)                     Biodun556

(xiii) 13)                     Lastcall

(xiv) 14)                     Aboks

(xv) 15)                     Gawu1

(xvi) 16)                     Thefilmtric

(xvii) 17)                     Asidy

(xviii) 18)                     Malcoimx

(xix) 19)                     Ibrahimmrfish

(xx) 20)                     Adolfaboki

(xxi) 21)                     Queseda,

(xxii) 22)                     Tsagir

(xxiii) 23)                     Niceman12

(xxiv) 24)                     Quotasystem

(xxv) 25)                     Abduljabbar4

(xxvi) 26)                     Northurmate

(xxvii) 27)                     Fariq

(xxviii) 28)                     Danarrewa

(xxix) 29)                     Susu888

(Bleep) 30)                     Sword419

(xxxi) 31)                     Spendoon

(xxxii) 32)                     Bakinwuta

(xxxiii) 33)                     Bazamfare

(xxxiv) 34)                     Almaigaa

(xxxv) 35)                     Arewawife

(xxxvi) 36)                     Northrules9ja

(xxxvii) 37)                     Simplyleo

(xxxviii) 38)                     Ngeneukwenu

(xxxix) 39)                     Vedaxcool

(xl) 40)                    

(xli) 41)                     Budaatum

(xlii) 42)                     Monogamy

(xliii) 43)                     Donbenie

(xliv) 44)                     Candidlady

(xlv) 45)                     Supportnija

(xlvi) 46)                     Safyqueen

(xlvii) 47)                     Danjikanbauchi

(xlviii) 48)                     Slydev

(xlix) 49)                     Oloyedewaris

(l) 50)                     Haakeem

(li) 51)                     Caseless

(lii) 52)                     Lovenorth

(liii) 53)                     Patrioticman007

(liv) 54)                     Cilicmarin

(lv) 55)                     Sarakibukola

(lvi) 56)                     Iliya1520

(lvii) 57)                     Johnsin97

(lviii) 58)                     Getmeright

(lix) 59)                     Ipigsrdotards

(lx) 60)                     Greenarrow1

(lxi) 61)                     Blackman7

(lxii) 62)                     Ngpatriot

(lxiii) 63)                     Deji17

(lxiv) 64)                     Nonpartisan1

(lxv) 65)                     Angelfrost

(lxvi) 66)                     Emilo2bad

(lxvii) 67)                     Antiwailer

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by budaatum: 6:36am On Feb 11, 2022
Step one, or shall I call it our first duty, is to register to vote. It ought to be our second duty, with joining a party so you are involved in choosing the nominees for post being duty number one, but I do not suppose everyone wants to join a party. I know I don't. Still, join a party is step one. Register to vote is 2.

And please see how we treat those who try to empower us.

https://www.nairaland.com/6981317/campos-ogundare-accused-using-thugs#110131615

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by budaatum: 9:44pm On Feb 17, 2022
Military0001:
Make I laugh sha!! 2023 on the beat… make all man with him team strategize but I hope the youths are also strategizing towards electing a credible and visionary leader come 2023? If not na pro max inflation and suffer go be the outcome.

Youths think and leave religion, ethnicity and cash bribe to avoid further hardship… make NIGERIA great again with your votes towards a better NIGERIA & don’t vote towards regional line but competence…Thanks

I borrowed the above. Hope the author does not mind.

Strategize, he says. As in, "think of a detailed plan for achieving success in situations such as war, politics, business, industry, or sport".

The post is from a thread where transporters are organising themselves to strategise, which is our next and probably most daunting step considering we are all "youths".

We will grow.
Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by budaatum: 6:42pm On Jul 08, 2022
Cometh the hour cometh the man.

Can Obi be the man?
Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by lilvicky68(m): 7:23pm On Jul 08, 2022
budaatum:
Cometh the hour cometh the man.

Can Obi be the man?
Out of them he seems to be.. I'm all in for him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by budaatum: 7:26pm On Jul 08, 2022
lilvicky68:

Out of them he seems to be.. I'm all in for him

I'm being cautious of saying so here as I've previously said this thread is not about any particular party or individual. But.......

So, I'm asking you all for permission.
Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by lilvicky68(m): 7:32pm On Jul 08, 2022
budaatum:

I'm being cautious of saying so here as I've previously said this thread is not about any particular party or individual. But.......

So, I'm asking you all for permission.

I think we should talk about particular individual because the party do not matter actually

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by budaatum: 8:05pm On Sep 17, 2022
I can't help feel this thread has become redundant.

Never did I think a single person could be the rally pont for what is seeming like large swathes of Nigerians from every tribe and state and religion and gender and ethnicity, and now I can't help feel like John crying out that “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’” Except that in all honesty, I never spoke about any one in particular though I am most definitely surpassed.

The labour is only just beginning however, and there's much more work to be done. So let me say, you are all strengthened. And Nigeria go better in our lifetime because we shall indeed make it better.
Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by Freeze007(m): 8:55am On Nov 03, 2022
First, let me admit that I am not well versed in the area of knowledge but I can choose to use wisdom to react to ethnicity and competency, Sir, if A who is not from your ethnic stock but capable of delivering the dividence of democracy would you not campaign for such a one? Because we are living in a global world it possible to reach out to the most remote areas if there is a WILL to support competency, for example, you schooled with one who is competent back in your school days, because you originate from an ethnic group he has never visited, you who is globally or socially inclined can give your quota by reaching out to those who are remote if you very much crave for the desired progress same is applicable with others from other ethnic divide who must have come across the competent fellow one way or the other... However, if you choose to decide a leader based on ethnicity rather than competency then we all must be ready to carry our cross that is live with our mistakes, thing now is, can competency take the centre stage? I want to learn from you Sir!

quote author=thebosstrevor1 post=103556628]

You need to wake up to political reality in a multi cultural society.

People will vote people who looks, speak the same language and thinks like them.

Politics is localised, the idea that we live in a globalised world is a dead game for politics. People will only vote for you if they know you in the local level and forget the idea of internet, real voters are in the towns and villages with no access to the internet.

Anyway i wish you goodluck in taking an ijaw man with competence to an igbo village to campaign for votes, i wonder how he is going to convince them to vote for him.[/quote]
Re: Nairaland Democratic Party by budaatum: 4:43pm On Feb 23, 2023
Nairaland has shown that most can surmount their individual tribe and work for a better Nigeria.

Here's me wishing us all success come Saturday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I Am Partly Fulani" - Femi Fani-kayode / Why Does The North Want Igbos To Leave With Just 5 States. / Peter Obi's Achievements. Anambra State Teaching Hospital. Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.