Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Outcome Of Presidential Election: What Do You Expect? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Outcome Of Presidential Election: What Do You Expect? (1029 Views)

Poll: Will There Be A Run Off For The Presidential Election?

Yes: 29% (8 votes)
No: 62% (17 votes)
Maybe: 7% (2 votes)
Not Sure: 0% (0 votes)
Undesided: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Kogi State Election: What Nigerians Shld Start Getting Aware Off! / Buhari Should Take Outcome Of Election In Good Faith – Fayose / What If The North Wins The 2015 Election? What Will Happen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Outcome Of Presidential Election: What Do You Expect? by luluosas(m): 3:31pm On Apr 10, 2011
The results so far released from yesterday's National Assembly Elections has upturned some opinion pool's calculations and projections. Seeing the pattern the voters has adopted in the NASS elections, what do you think the outcome of the Presidential election will be like?
Will the vote follow the same pattern we have noticed in the just concluded NASS elections? What is your opinion?
Re: Outcome Of Presidential Election: What Do You Expect? by luluosas(m): 3:38pm On Apr 10, 2011
Seun, please, put this thread on home page. It does not support any particular party or candidate. Do this for me please.
Re: Outcome Of Presidential Election: What Do You Expect? by 9ijaMan: 3:50pm On Apr 10, 2011
Although I voted yes for the possibility of a run-off election. I need to clarify that the run-off will likely be between CPC and ACN. GEJ and his PDP will likely be at a distant 3rd position in the first round of the election. CPC will likely have the most votes but not enough spread. ACN will have higher votes than PDP but with inadequate spread too. PDP may manage to get close to the spread requirements but fall short in the total votes figure. My thoughts!
Re: Outcome Of Presidential Election: What Do You Expect? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 10, 2011
I doubt PDP will be a distant third, the power of iincumbency, the aroma of 'divine' Jonathan,

I've heard a lot of people say they'll be voting personality not parties, probably explains( or doesn't explain PDP's losses this weekend),

As far as personality goes, one can't deny GEJ is more 'sellable' to the undecided,

Whatever may come, this has to be the most unpredictable and interesting election in Nigeria, things could change between today and next week.

- Would there be more bombings?
- Would there be a merger bw AC and CPC?
- Would more voters turn out than did today?
Re: Outcome Of Presidential Election: What Do You Expect? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 10, 2011
Anything can happen as far as these elections are concerned cos presently no party is so sure of total victory, though it will be a close call. This is a very interesting and unpredictable election period ever witnessed in naija, there may also be underground mergers/alliances before saturdays presidential election. However the NASS election is good for our democracy 'cos when various parties are represented it will keep all arms of government/officials on its toes for a better nigeria. NIGERIA IS MOVING 'COS GONE ARE THE DAYS OF ONE PARTY STATE!
Re: Outcome Of Presidential Election: What Do You Expect? by 9ijaMan: 4:36pm On Apr 10, 2011
musKeeto:

I doubt PDP will be a distant third, the power of iincumbency, the aroma of 'divine' Jonathan,

I've heard a lot of people say they'll be voting personality not parties, probably explains( or doesn't explain PDP's losses this weekend),

As far as personality goes, one can't deny GEJ is more 'sellable' to the undecided,

Whatever may come, this has to be the most unpredictable and interesting election in Nigeria, things could change between today and next week.

- Would there be more bombings?
- Would there be a merger bw AC and CPC?
- Would more voters turn out than did today?

I see your point though. However, you should note that it's voting for personality as against party that still gave PDP some NASS wins in the core north. If the electorate in the north votes personality, then CPC will sweep the polls in the north. We cannot simply claim that the electorate will vote personality in one section of the country and the suddenly vote parties in another part.
Re: Outcome Of Presidential Election: What Do You Expect? by luluosas(m): 7:20pm On Apr 10, 2011
Although i am not anticipating any run off for the presidential election, but inec may pose dangerous to our collective decision. Reasons: Delayed announcement of results may open room for manipulations, just as news are going round now for the NASS election.
Re: Outcome Of Presidential Election: What Do You Expect? by luluosas(m): 7:41pm On Apr 10, 2011
Mr. Seun, please, allow this thread to hit home page asap.
Re: Outcome Of Presidential Election: What Do You Expect? by aletheia(m): 7:49pm On Apr 10, 2011
9ijaMan:

the run-off will likely be between CPC and ACN.
^^This will not happen. Wake up. There will be no runoff. Mark my words!
Re: Outcome Of Presidential Election: What Do You Expect? by luluosas(m): 9:12am On Apr 11, 2011
With current situation of things, I am beginning to doubt the Independence of INEC. Imagine the returning Officer for Anambra Central cried out yesterday that, he is under high inducement from some power people to over turn the will of the people. If care is not taken, JEGA may be worse than Iwu.
Re: Outcome Of Presidential Election: What Do You Expect? by luluosas(m): 7:39pm On Apr 14, 2011
Desperate: Arising from or marked by despair or loss of hope.

The above is the definition of desperate. I usually wonder, when people are saying that, Buhari is desperate, in regards to his Presidential aspirations. When Atiku was running against Jonathan, people said he was desperate but, since he lost to Jonathan in that Kangaroo primaries, we now understand who actually was desperate. It was never Atiku, but, Jonthan, that was desperate.

Coming to the matter at hand, Buhari for all I care can never be said to be desperate. Reasons be that, he is comfortable with his Military Pension. If so, why is he contesting then? Simple. The level of decay and rut in the system is his primary reason for coming to contest. Remember the adage that says: Evil strive when good men keep quiet. The situation of things in Nigeria today calls for a radical change. We cannot keep pretending that all is well. All is not well at all. So, don't let anyone deceive you with their FAKE smile that, it is well.
Again, Buhari cannot be said to be desperate because, he has never shown any trait of desperation in his entire life. If you doubt me, how do you explain of a former Head of State, without a single plot of land in Abuja, no oil block nor being a thriving government contractor? His seeking the presidential office is simply service to his father land. Please, never you mistake this for desperation, as he is not in government nor wanting to retain it by all means possible.

As for Jonathan, he is bound to be desperate because, the man up need to fear of falling. Having said that, his desperation is traceable to 2010, when he bluntly refused the advice of his Presidential Advisory Council PAC, not to seek for the presidential position in the 2011 presidential election. This is the committee he set up to advised him on National issues and yet, he never heed their advice. What can you say of this? Again, Jonathan is bound to be desperate because, should he lose this election, he has many things to lose. As a man whose occupation now is politics, how can he align himself with the ordinary people, maybe to seek for professorial appointment from the Universities, after serving as Commander in Chief Of The Arm Forces? He can never do it hence, his desperate move to buy all the buyable with Nigeria's tax payers money. Jonathan has course to be desperate because, he does not want to be seen as a weakling during this presidential elections. This is the more reasons you see the manoeuvrings here and there.

For you people saying that, Jonathan has conducted a free and fair election, in regards to last Saturday NASS elections, may I tell you that, the President State of Bayelsa, recorded the highest number of stolen boxes. Do you still call it free and fair? No. In fact, from Bayelsa to Sokoto, Jonathan waste Nigeria's money to bribe the Police, SSS, Returning Officers, Media Editors, opposition political parties and the common voters. Don't let me hear you ever say that, the elections were free and fair.
Even the primary election that produced him was a buy over. If not, how do you explain the reason behind the locking up of delegates from the reach of Atiku in Abuja, before the primary elections? Nigerians, open your eyes and shine it well. Do not allow the pretentious humble looking of Jonathan to deceive and mislead you into oblivion. The future of your children should be of great concern to you. Before you cast your vote on Saturday, think deeply, if this is the Nigeria of your dream. PDP is a CANCER that must not be allow to grow further, into our National life. God bless Nigeria.

Lugard Ekhator,
Yola,
Adamawa State.
Re: Outcome Of Presidential Election: What Do You Expect? by luluosas(m): 5:28pm On Apr 23, 2011
Thank you all that voted on this poll. As it was envisioned, so it came out without Run Off. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Ondo State Indegines Should Watchout 4 Mimiko Game Plan / Kwara Governor's Wife Always Christian, Why? / Political Poster - Focus On The Source - Whos Funding Boko Haram?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.