Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Situation Report About Foods From The North. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Situation Report About Foods From The North. (2348 Views)

See Channels TV Report About Buhari's WAEC Result / PDP Presidential Primary Election: Live Updates, Results And Situation Report / Lagos APC Primary: Live Updates, Results And Situation Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Situation Report About Foods From The North. by Lloydfather(m): 9:41am On Feb 28, 2021
Tomatoes is scarce, the price of yam, beans and onions has inflated. Don't know about your area, but here at iyana iba it's getting interesting.

1 Like

Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by cocolacec(m): 10:09am On Feb 28, 2021
Lloydfather:
Tomatoes is scarce, the price of yam, beans and onions has inflated. Don't know about your area, but here at iyana iba it's getting interesting.

Tell us the new prices of these food items.
Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 28, 2021
Let them continue, they thought Niger and Cameroun can consume all their agricultural produce, they won't recoup halve of the capital. They can't continue like that for one month.
Once we start growing our tomatoes and onion, we won't depend on them again.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by chinjo(m): 11:25am On Feb 28, 2021
There is a price to pay for freedom. This is such price. Its better to die of hunger Than to be killed by Fulani herdsmen. If saying no to killer Fulani herdsmen is why they will not supply food to the south, so be it.

15 Likes

Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 28, 2021
Make una keep crying

Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 28, 2021
Lloydfather:

Silly liar.

Keep hyping urselves. By Monday no fuel to even power ur trucks going to Niger to drop those agriculturalproduce
Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by November1857(m): 11:31am On Feb 28, 2021
chinjo:
There is a price to pay for freedom. This is such price. Its better to die of hunger Than to be killed by Fulani herdsmen. If saying no to killer Fulani herdsmen is why they will not supply food to the south, so be it.
It even better to drink only garri than to be kill by Marauding fulani herdsmen !

8 Likes

Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by Lloydfather(m): 12:47pm On Feb 28, 2021
OOzz:

Silly liar.

Keep hyping urselves. By Monday no fuel to even power ur trucks going to Niger to drop those agriculturalproduce
What's my concern with ABOKI. I'm just letting you know what's happening in my area. abum onye IGBO. so ti gbo
Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by Monogamy: 12:51pm On Feb 28, 2021
If buying what Northerners normally supply to Southern Nigeria at the high price is the cost to pay to stop the unnecessary killing and destruction of farm, so be it.

Southerners can also get their items from neighbouring country.

Btw, when other neighboring countries are pushing their products into Nigeria market because of our purchasing power, northerners are planning to put theirs out to where the purchasing power is low.

What's the economy stand of their new clients? Would the people who are already in the food items in those country allow foreign product overtake theirs ?

Northerners are only doing initial gra gra which is good for southern region.. We have fertile soil to produce food.. Opportunity to start mechanized farming in a big scale

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by adeolakemi: 1:13pm On Feb 28, 2021
by now the boys in the creeks are warming up
Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by Beremx(f): 1:19pm On Feb 28, 2021
Most of the tomatoes sellers in Lagos are northerners. The one selling in my street has packed up and traveled this morning to his state. The tomatoes I bought this morning, I had to add tomato purée to make my stew bigger.

I dunno how long this would last but something has to be done about it.

3 Likes

Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by delpee(f): 1:33pm On Feb 28, 2021
Nothing lasts forever. Southerners should go back to mechanized farming. There were functional Farm settlements and cattle ranches in the past. All were abandoned only to become reliant on goods from the North.

The major challenge is the recent invasion of farms and kidnapping/rape by some criminal herders. If this can be stopped, enough food can be provided by our farmers. Villagers will be lifted out of poverty too. We need to have basic amenities in our local spaces to make the farmers efforts worthwhile and their living conditions more decent.

1 Like

Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by BastardWike: 1:48pm On Feb 28, 2021
Lloydfather:

Well, I don't know if you're posting this as propaganda or it's the true situation. However, all I'm seeing here is a master trying to bully someone he sees as slave. Maybe, guys in the SW can start doing round tripping by buying the ones they brought down to the East grin grin

"All is fair in war and you don't feed your enemy to get stronger and continue fighting~~ Awolowo 1967"

This is deja Vu moment, they first locked your border and then placed an embargo on you stopping food supplies from getting to you shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by BastardWike: 1:54pm On Feb 28, 2021
Beremx:
Most of the tomatoes sellers in Lagos are northerners. The one selling in my street has packed up and traveled this morning to his state. The tomatoes I bought this morning, I had to add tomato purée to make my stew bigger.

I think it's a local problem affecting only SW, I say this because my wife went to market yesterday and bought everything at normal prices.

2 Likes

Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by Kingofgods: 2:02pm On Feb 28, 2021
Dis has been their scheme all along. Kill the farmers in de south and supply dem food from de north. And if any problem arises, threaten dem wit shortage of food.
Fools.
Leave us let us feed ourselves. We must cut de middle belt dat United us

2 Likes

Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by adadike(f): 4:21pm On Feb 28, 2021
My fellow Southerners, let's go back to our farms. Southern governor's, we need adequate security

1 Like

Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by tungamaje: 4:33pm On Feb 28, 2021
BastardWike:

I think it's a local problem affecting only SW, I say this because my wife went to market yesterday and bought everything at normal prices.

I understand Benue and Plateau farmers did't agree with the core north and are supplying to the south. I think that's why prices are till stable over there. As you suggested. guys from the SW may come to the East and buy in the interim

1 Like

Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:01pm On Feb 28, 2021
Beremx:

It should last long enough to end the unity of Nigeria. You will have to chose between being raped and your family murdered and cooing with fresh tomatoes. You must not eat stew.
If they want to even break down Bridges connecting the north and the south, so be it. Let everyone one eat what they have

3 Likes

Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by HOVER206: 6:09pm On Feb 28, 2021
MISSCONGENIALITY:
It should last long enough to end the unity of Nigeria. You will have to chose between being raped and your family murdered and cooing with fresh tomatoes. You must not eat stew.
If they want to even break down Bridges connecting the north and the south, so be it. Let everyone one eat what they have
Yes I agree with you. Enough of this Northern madness

1 Like

Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:12pm On Feb 28, 2021
HOVER206:

Yes I agree with you. Enough of this Northern madness
This is long overdue. What food do we need that we can't get from our fertile land down south.
They forget that government push all the money to them to do farming. All the UN aids that come to Nigeria are sent up North. They made farming easy for them and yet they brag about feeding the nation.
Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by HOVER206: 6:20pm On Feb 28, 2021
MISSCONGENIALITY:
This is long overdue. What food do we need that we can't get from our fertile land down south.
They forget that government push all the money to them to do farming. All the UN aids that come to Nigeria are sent up North. They made farming easy for them and yet they brag about feeding the nation.
Exactly what my colleague and I were discussing, if not for USAID and UN money that the government is diverting to them, they cannot survive farming
Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:42pm On Feb 28, 2021
HOVER206:

Exactly what my colleague and I were discussing, if not for USAID and UN money that the government is diverting to them, they cannot survive farming
And yet they ci.e out to tell us how they feed the country as if we get the goods for free.
Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by GOVERNMENT2: 7:08pm On Feb 28, 2021
Lloydfather:
YOU MEAN FOOD AND NORTHRITION
Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by providencia(m): 8:00pm On Feb 28, 2021
Beremx:

Madam if you dont eat tomatoes, onions, yam and beef you wont die. If these foods going off our menu means no more herdmen killings and fulani invasion, so be it!
Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by 9gerian: 8:24pm On Feb 28, 2021
adadike:
My fellow Southerners, let's go back to our farms. Southern governor's, we need adequate security
Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by Hangulsaram: 12:56am On Mar 01, 2021
adadike:
If we can go together
Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by efighter: 1:48am On Mar 01, 2021
Lloydfather:

If your life is safe, then your life is better than tomatoes and onions. Tomatoes, pepper and onions can grow in the South, if the useless Almajaris like, let them take their farm products full of blood, sorrow and tears to America and Europe, we don’t care. If the come to the South to make trouble, we will give them double
Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by adadike(f): 9:08am On Mar 01, 2021
Hangulsaram:

If we can go together
cheesy where u go since
Re: Situation Report About Foods From The North. by Hangulsaram: 5:08pm On Mar 01, 2021
adadike:
cheesy where u go since
I no go anywhere, I Dey where u left me cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Sit-At-Home: UNN Shuttle Minibus Burnt In Nsukka / Peter Obi Caused Commotion At Abuja Airport: Video & Pictures / Obasanjo, Zambian Ex-President, Others Grace Kumuyi Global Crusade Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.