Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Who's You Role Model(programmer) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Who's You Role Model(programmer) (1685 Views)

I’m Currently Looking For An Internship Role / A UI/UX Designer In Need Of A Role / Fresh Graduate Programmers Needed For A Permanent Role (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who's You Role Model(programmer) by DevOwen: 5:39pm On Mar 02, 2021
My role model in programming is Mark Zugerberg(CEO Of Facebook)......
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 02, 2021
Linus Torvalds and Edsger Dijkstra.

1 Like

Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by DevOwen: 9:06pm On Mar 02, 2021
Who are they...?
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by Sososo(f): 7:35am On Mar 03, 2021
mine is Mosh Hamedael
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by emetisuccess(m): 8:15am On Mar 04, 2021
Brad traversy all the way. U guys shld give a try to his videos u'll really appreciate it. Thanks
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by clockwisereport: 12:51pm On Mar 04, 2021

1 Like

Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by CenturyCoder: 4:44pm On Mar 06, 2021
Elon Musk Nd Mark Zuckerberg
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by vheckthor1: 9:34pm On Mar 06, 2021
Scott Handlseman
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by qtguru(m): 9:07am On Mar 07, 2021
SegFault:
Linus Torvalds and Edsger Dijkstra.

Same here and Bjarne Strousoup
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:18am On Mar 07, 2021
Marc bernioff.
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by dometome: 11:37am On Mar 07, 2021
BRAD TRAVERSY

1 Like

Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by Enceladus(m): 2:19pm On Mar 07, 2021
Hmm shocked Linus Torvalds and Terry A. Davis. Both are equally insane (RIP Terry).
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 07, 2021
qtguru:

Same here and Bjarne Strousoup
Forgot to add Dennis Ritchie too. I see you're a c++ guru, even your username says so. How good is qt for making desktop applications.
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2021
Enceladus:
Hmm shocked Linus Torvalds and Terry A. Davis. Both are equally insane (RIP Terry).
Is Terry Davis the guy that made a small OS that they said had a mental issue.
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by Enceladus(m): 4:31pm On Mar 07, 2021
SegFault:

Is Terry Davis the guy that made a small OS that they said had a mental issue.

Yes, Temple OS.
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 07, 2021
Enceladus:

Yes, Temple OS.
Okay. That guy Na boss oh, wrote an OS singlehandedly.
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 07, 2021
CenturyCoder:
Elon Musk Nd Mark Zuckerberg
Elon wetin?
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by Enceladus(m): 5:10pm On Mar 07, 2021
SegFault:

Okay. That guy Na boss oh, wrote an OS singlehandedly.

Yes oo. He also wrote a compiler for his own language with similar performance to C.... He was a rare genius but the world literally did nothing to help him until he died embarassed embarassed ..

1 Like

Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 07, 2021
Enceladus:

Yes oo. He also wrote a compiler for his own language with similar performance to C.... He was a rare genius but the world literally did nothing to help him until he died embarassed embarassed ..
shocked oboi and this kind of person went to waste,oboi he's now one of my programming role models,because I'm also writing a compiler gringrin man, where do geniuses like this go to.

2 Likes

Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by qtguru(m): 8:37pm On Mar 07, 2021
SegFault:

Forgot to add Dennis Ritchie too. I see you're a c++ guru, even your username says so. How good is qt for making desktop applications.

Nooo I am not a C++ guru o, but I use it, I used to use Qt for Desktop apps back then and also played with some OpenGL code in the past, I was always interested in Computer Emulation that was why I geared towards C++, Qt is good and have good documentation. But Desktop applications are dead, I wanted to do a native postman, but man must survive first. Qt Designer is nice too and the UI is fancy
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 07, 2021
qtguru:

Nooo I am not a C++ guru o, but I use it, I used to use Qt for Desktop apps back then and also played with some OpenGL code in the past, I was always interested in Computer Emulation that was why I geared towards C++, Qt is good and have good documentation. But Desktop applications are dead, I wanted to do a native postman, but man must survive first. Qt Designer is nice too and the UI is fancy
Why do you say desktop apps are dead?
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by Karleb(m): 8:43pm On Mar 07, 2021
qtguru:

I sent you a mail.
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by Enceladus(m): 9:06pm On Mar 07, 2021
SegFault:

shocked oboi and this kind of person went to waste,oboi he's now one of my programming role models,because I'm also writing a compiler gringrin man, where do geniuses like this go to.

Afterlife prolly grin grin . You also must be a boss with your attempt .
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by qtguru(m): 9:10pm On Mar 07, 2021
SegFault:

Why do you say desktop apps are dead?

Sorry I actually meant Native Desktop are dead not desktops, but desktop apps are in the decline
Unless you are working on a 3D Application, , what you will get is a packaged website in Electron created by lazy developers, Cloud solutions are the death of most desktop apps, they are easy to make more money from because they can own the software even while you pay for it. They can distribute new code easily
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by Sulele04(m): 9:26pm On Mar 07, 2021
qtguru:

Sorry I actually meant Native Desktop are dead not desktops, but desktop apps are in the decline
Unless you are working on a 3D Application, , what you will get is a packaged website in Electron created by lazy developers, Cloud solutions are the death of most desktop apps, they are easy to make more money from because they can own the software even while you pay for it. They can distribute new code easily
Bro lets face it traditional desktop apps built with Qt, Swing, Wpf are crackable and they ruining businesses especially SaaP and Saas.
It is simple economics, why would I pay for an app when I could get it free(cracked).
The Ide I use jebrains rider was built with swing has a cracked version, infact all jetbrains products have been cracked.

Cloud system prevents all these illegal cracking.

In my opinion Electron js apps have the best Ui, vscode and postman are examples.
Maybe that's the edge it has over others.

1 Like

Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by qtguru(m): 9:29pm On Mar 07, 2021
Sulele04:

Bro lets face it traditional desktop apps built with Qt, Swing, Wpf are crackable and they ruining businesses especially SaaP and Saas.
It is simple economics, why would I pay for an app when I could get it free(cracked).
The Ide I use jebrains rider was built with swing has a cracked version, infact all jetbrains products have been cracked.

Cloud system prevents all these illegal cracking.

In my opinion Electron js apps have the best Ui, vscode and postman are examples.
Maybe that's the edge it has over others.

The memory cost is a massive trade-off, and true native desktop apps are actually very crack-able, my only gripe with Electron is how slow it is and how much memory it consumes than it's native counterparts.
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by Sulele04(m): 9:42pm On Mar 07, 2021
qtguru:

The memory cost is a massive trade-off, and true native desktop apps are actually very crack-able, my only gripe with Electron is how slow it is and how much memory it consumes than it's native counterparts.
yeah that's the downside, but I don't think most users care shocked if not it won't be in-demand.
Electron apps ui are always beautiful and everyone loves beautiful things cheesy cool.

1 Like

Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by Bahat: 3:37am On Mar 08, 2021
As for me me mine is Eric. S. Raymond lol. Because he his the spokesman for open source
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 08, 2021
qtguru:

Us wey no come get easy internet access nko
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 08, 2021
qtguru:

You just reminded me of vscode, slow piece of shit. The bugs the last version came with were terrible, I prefer native.
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 08, 2021
Enceladus:

Afterlife prolly grin grin . You also must be a boss with your attempt .
Yes, oh it's bloody hard, but it's fun and it's actually opening my eyes to more critical thinking.
Re: Who's You Role Model(programmer) by qtguru(m): 9:22am On Mar 08, 2021
SegFault:

You just reminded me of vscode, slow piece of shit. The bugs the last version came with were terrible, I prefer native.

I run Linux and use 12gb of RAM, 12gb of ram because of Electron is now , 16gb is like 4gb now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Needed: Weight Calculation For PHP Website / / 10 Computer Pranks You Should Try At Work [Ways to get fired]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.