Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,429 members, 7,836,727 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds (13646 Views)

Nembe Aiteo Oil Spill Continues Two Weeks After It Blew / Three Bodies Recovered As Flood Ravages Abuja’s Trademoore Estate / Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by olaolaking: 6:19am On Mar 03, 2021
salford1:
What is it with oil companies in Nigeria and oil spillage. You rarely hear of spillage when they operate in developed countries, but when they are in Nigeria, anything goes.
The are standards of operation and the oil Companies try to follow it for minimum spillage. The spillage are caused mostly by illegal refineries and bunkers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by Iatrogen: 6:31am On Mar 03, 2021
englishmart:
And those who don't have oil think they are useless. If I tell you what I went through in Bayelsa when I visited in 2017, you'll learn to be happy with what you have.

Abeg nack us tory grin
Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by Goldeno(m): 6:35am On Mar 03, 2021
the people of that community are all very stupid, when their children where puncturing the pipe lines to steal the oil did they complain or report to the authorities? NO

they felt they are just taking this share of national cake.

those guys puncture these pipelines after which the can't control the oil coming out, the guys responsible have probably moved to another spot.

and all of them in that community know about it but they'll keep quiet, now the aftermath is hitting them they are complaining.

if and when it is fixed, they'll still be another spillage again until they all start being reasonable themselves.

there are pipelines heading to other regions but you really hear about pipeline damage , WHY?

all these guys up there making noise, I know deep within your mind you know it's a lot there own fault.

the reason white people easily develop anywhere they are is because they always see things plane without bias nor emotions.

we must do the same if we want to grow.

enough of shifting blames, OWN UP.
Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by Anaerobi(m): 6:50am On Mar 03, 2021
these are the people that owns the economy of the country, yet they suffer more....

maybe the little they gets from farming, herdsmen will still come and eat it up.

God please intervene
Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by Shenky(m): 7:04am On Mar 03, 2021
salford1:
What is it with oil companies in Nigeria and oil spillage. You rarely hear of spillage when they operate in developed countries, but when they are in Nigeria, anything goes.
That’s because they have a functioning regulatory agency, in our case the regulatory agency for oil spills is Nosdra. I think they should be empowered to carry out their mandate to sanction all these deterrent oil companies

1 Like

Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by Resurrection212: 7:06am On Mar 03, 2021
The issue of oil spillage happen everywhere and those company always reluctant to compensate the affected community unless they instigate law against them.

I watched a documentary news on CNN where a community in Texas took an oil company to the court because of oil spillage.
salford1:
Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by JustforMen: 7:16am On Mar 03, 2021
When Nigerian begin to say the truth then our problems will be solved.
Everybody is pretending as if over 70% of the youth in the Niger Delta are not into illegal oil bunkering.
Is it the oil companies using professionals to work that will spill oil like this?
or are we going to say the truth that it is our people that are perforating oil pipelines to siphon crude without capacity to mend the busted pipes that have been damaging the environment for selfish reasons?
Has anybody not been to any water side in the Niger delta and seen how the boys carry out this bunkering activities freely?
Is port Harcourt not now a death trap as a result of the black soot from illegal bunkering activities?
If you buy kerosine and diesel in the ND, there's over 98% chance that you are buying bunkered products. so who is asking questions about the process of getting these adulterated products?

Oil companies do pollute the environment sometimes but it is less than 1% of the problem and it is due to operational errors which they quickly rectify to save money and avoid DPR sanctions but you need to enter the creeks to see how boys have literally perforated every crude bearing pipeline and have destroyed the surrounding environment without a single care in the world. it is scary what they are doing, honestly.

I am all for holding IOCs responsible for their pollution but in-house, I want Nigerians to tell the truth about our own contributions to the spillage and environmental damage. The scale is scary if you go there to see.
Those days I had a cause to do a project in the ND, I literally wept at the scale of destruction by our boys.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by Patrioticbreed9(m): 7:32am On Mar 03, 2021
According to my mum her ancestral home wasnt emohua! It was ahoada but due to this oil spill isue her granddad left ahoada and moved to emohua we she met my dad! We are loosing our ancestrial land in rivers, it is not fair this is inhuman! What is our crime ? How dare! you turn our blessing to curse!! Wetin we commit you drill oil as you are drilling it in the deseart with no regards for inhabitant! 2017 a pipe was vibrating and we followed it up and discorved a tiny leak in the pipe and the oil was gushing with somuch pressure that it was as light as water! We quickly alearted them! And behold a worker came to place after stareing at the pipe for some minutes he brought leather(nylon) and wrapped it,we argued with him and he assured us he is an expert,it was the cry of old women that woke us up! Woyo! Woyo! Neyo! Ala! Ala! My dad understood the cry and shooked his head! And aru emeh!.. how can they be careless abouth their facilities! it time we start sueing this compainies sad sad

1 Like

Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by mechanics(m): 7:38am On Mar 03, 2021
The government should urgent come to the aid of the people, before they go on hunger strike.
Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by lexy2014: 7:40am On Mar 03, 2021
salford1:

It's d environment in which they operate. In Nigeria, d authorities look d other way or collect bribes& let d oil companies go free. Not so in other countries. Same scenario playing out in d telecoms sector. Analogue services but d govts priority is NIN. There's a lot of misplaced priority in govt circles. Instead improving livelihoods, govts engage in chasing shadows.
Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by Akaegwu(m): 7:42am On Mar 03, 2021
post=99557782:

A region that is supposed to be the most beautiful and blessed in our nation.
Dem ogas at the top @NDDC have all turned blind eyes to the indigenes.
What a sad story.
The same way your darling daddy @buhari the inactive dumb, blind and powerless.
Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by lexy2014: 7:45am On Mar 03, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:
According to my mum her ancestral home wasnt emohua! It was ahoada but due to this oil spill isue her granddad left ahoada and moved to emohua we she met my dad! We are loosing our ancestrial land in rivers, it is not fair this is inhuman! What is our crime ? How dare! you turn our blessing to curse!! Wetin we commit you drill oil as you are drilling it in the deseart with no regards for inhabitant! 2017 a pipe was vibrating and we followed it up and discorved a tiny leak in the pipe and the oil was gushing with somuch pressure that it was as light as water! We quickly alearted them! And behold a worker came to place after stareing at the pipe for some minutes he brought leather(nylon) and wrapped it,we argued with him and he assured us he is an expert,it was the cry of old women that woke us up! Woyo! Woyo! Neyo! Ala! Ala! My dad understood the cry and shooked his head! And aru emeh!.. how can they be careless abouth their facilities! it time we start sueing this compainies sad sad

Oil companies aren't careless. It's d nigerian govt that has refused to do d needful by punishing oil companies. If u notice, it's only in nigeria u hear of these things.

Also, Niger Delta militants missed a great opportunity to bring change & put d govt/oil companies in check. But both they& d traditional rulers saw d problems of d Niger Delta as an opportunity to enrich themselves. They have enriched themselves, but d problems of d region still persist. D truth is that d suffering in d region is going to continue
Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by otokx(m): 7:50am On Mar 03, 2021
lexy2014:

Oil companies aren't careless. It's d nigerian govt that has refused to do d needful by punishing oil companies. If u notice, it's only in nigeria u hear of these things.

Also, Niger Delta militants missed a great opportunity to bring change & put d govt/oil companies in check. But both they& d traditional rulers saw d problems of d Niger Delta as an opportunity to enrich themselves. They have enriched themselves, but d problems of d region still persist. D truth is that d suffering in d region is going to continue

It may actually get worse due to the environmental problem of soot in the air.
Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by wink2015(m): 7:56am On Mar 03, 2021
NORTHERNERS are not seeing the devastation of crude oil business to Niger delta community.

They keep using the money to develop other regions at the detriment of the suffering oil producing communities.
Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by kunkelhanspeter(m): 8:02am On Mar 03, 2021
People with oil suffering more than people in the North
Tomorrow they will said igbo is they problem that why dey don’t sale land to Igbos in that useless community
Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by Patrioticbreed9(m): 8:19am On Mar 03, 2021
lexy2014:

the company are careless bro! my dad and some villagers usualy use high fidelity lamps at night to check pipes! any pipe that burst remain burst! acording to date on em some are more than 22years old, ahoda-E line 22-6-1999, why on earth will a pipe stay that long! in a moist surface! if na north now no problem their lands are dry,but ours aint dry! 10years don doo to change pipe na! this guys are careless! periot!! sad sad sad
Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by brandsoncharlie: 8:22am On Mar 03, 2021
post=99557782:

A region that is supposed to be the most beautiful and blessed in our nation.
Dem ogas at the top @NDDC have all turned blind eyes to the indigenes, stealing and eating away their future,
Including their so call militant leaders, with one even building a private university abroad!!
What a sad story.
What of diezani madueke at FG one of the biggest scam, why has the so called buhari not prosecute her.
Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by Patrioticbreed9(m): 8:26am On Mar 03, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:
People with oil suffering more than people in the North
Tomorrow they will said igbo is they problem that why dey don’t sale land to Igbos in that useless community

oga keep quite if dont have anything to say! buy land from your state na! who is stoping u, must you buy from south-south,obu na e were ihe di mkpa, e ge kwu! mechi te! onu gi! oge obuna chor chor!! okure ku! buy land in ur state and live our states for us biko!
Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by nograv: 8:28am On Mar 03, 2021
longetivity:

https://punchng.com/victims-lament-as-oil-spill-ravages-rivers-farmlands-fish-ponds/

In the meantime greedy parasitic politicians will flex houses and cars with looted oil money across the nation...

So unjust... Ken Sarowiwa fought for nothing...
Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by erico2k2(m): 8:35am On Mar 03, 2021
Goldeno:
the people of that community are all very stupid, when their children where puncturing the pipe lines to steal the oil did they complain or report to the authorities? NO

those guys puncture these pipelines after which the can't control the oil coming out, the guys responsible have probably moved to another spot.

and all of them in that community know about it but they'll keep quiet, now the aftermath is hitting them they are complaining.

if and when it is fixed, they'll still be another spillage again until they all start being reasonable themselves.

there are pipelines heading to other regions but you really hear about pipeline damage , WHY?

all these guys up there making noise, I know deep within your mind you know it's a lot there own fault.

the reason white people easily develop anywhere they are is because they always see things plane without bias nor emotions.

what other religion do these Oil pipelines go to?
you lot just sit under your Nokia phones and type dust with no idea of what you are talking about.
Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by DedeNkem: 8:35am On Mar 03, 2021
Imagine what would happen if this spill happen in an oil rich North, actions would be taken immediately!
Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by erico2k2(m): 8:39am On Mar 03, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

the company are careless bro! my dad and some villagers usualy use high fidelity lamps at night to check pipes! any pipe that burst remain burst! acording to date on em some are more than 22years old, ahoda-E line 22-6-1999, why on earth will a pipe stay that long! in a moist surface! if na north now no problem their lands are dry,but ours aint dry! 10years don doo to change pipe na! this guys are careless! periot!! sad sad sad
Its pure wickedness of the people responsible for the fix, right down to those who are saddled with the responsibilities to maintain these lines. Not to worry a court in London has passed a judgement, Nigerians living in a locality like these can now take the companies to court if they have any office in the UK.SO cash out go soon come!
Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by lexy2014: 8:39am On Mar 03, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

U obviously didn't read d comment I made. Pls read again:

Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by brandsoncharlie: 8:40am On Mar 03, 2021
Goldeno:

What measures has the government put in place to curb such. You do know those people are armed men so called militants, so you want residents to risks their lives to so called armed men.
The kidnappers, bandits, fulani herdsmen that has been doing all such of things what have their people done I guess blame themselves grin grin
Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by Patrioticbreed9(m): 8:52am On Mar 03, 2021
brandsoncharlie:

What measures has the government put in place to curb such. You do know those people are armed men so called militants, so you want residents to risks their lives to so called armed men.
The kidnappers, bandits, fulani herdsmen that has been doing all such of things what have their people done I guess blame themselves grin grin

No mind them! Everybody wan talk for wetin dey know nothing about grin grin grin
Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by HonLord: 9:37am On Mar 03, 2021
salford1:

When the villager will start carrying guns, Bombs, Dynamites and insurgency - THE WHOLE WORLD SHOULD NOT BLAME THEM.

At that point - the Useless president and the Nigeria Army, should blame them. Nobody will read this piece now, no Yoruba pastor will hear this complaint from the villagers. APC Internet warriors should inform their Looters now before ESN will get their to stop the oil exploration.

Where is Dictator Ezenwo Nyeson Wike - he will not act now abi? I want Nigerians to start understanding what leads to villages, people or tribes to start carrying guns. If they have no other ways or means to survive - they will carry arms to chase you out and protect what is given to them by God. Nigeria is evil and all sane humans must know this. All APD and PDP governors are witches and wizards in office trying ALL MEANS TO KILL THE CITIZENS, but God pass them! Shalom!
Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by harmargedon: 10:00am On Mar 03, 2021
why don't we hear of beer spillage.

Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 03, 2021
According to their Igbo cousins they can eat oil. They won’t shout to get she’ll to clean up their environment to live well its Fulani that is disturbing their minds. So how will these ones farm now?

1 Like

Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:40pm On Mar 03, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

oga keep quite if dont have anything to say! buy land from your state na! who is stoping u, must you buy from south-south,obu na e were ihe di mkpa, e ge kwu! mechi te! onu gi! oge obuna chor chor!! okure ku! buy land in ur state and live our states for us biko!
Make Una come develop make I see Una nah
Without the Igbo Nigeria will be undeveloped
Re: Victims Laments As Oil Spill Ravages Rivers Farmlands, Fish Ponds by Patrioticbreed9(m): 1:27pm On Mar 03, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:
Make Una come develop make I see Una nah Without the Igbo Nigeria will be undeveloped
so says a fura da' nono drinker! go and get a life your times duri ubanka

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari Critics Are Impatient, Selfish – Govr Bello Masari / Fayemi's Mentee Visits Ward Leaders, Get Royal Blessings / Amotekun: South West Governors To Sign Bill For Legal Backing On February 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.