Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Fg Lauds Ohakim Over 10,000 Jobs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Lauds Ohakim Over 10,000 Jobs (849 Views)

Photos From Adanma Ohakim's Wedding Today In Abuja / Zahra Buhari Receives Over 10,000 Marriage Proposal In Less Than 18 Hours(Photo) / Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Lauds Ohakim Over 10,000 Jobs by arinzeeze: 4:12pm On Apr 11, 2011
FG LAUDS OHAKIM OVER 10,000 JOBS

Federal Government has recommended Imo State Government, Chief Ikedi Ohakim for his benevolence, thoughtfulness and patriotic approach towards unemployment, by engaging 10,000 unemployed graduates with the state public service under the 10,000 scheme of the state.
The Minister of Labour and Productivity, Barr. Emeka Wogu in his address at a two day Multi-Cadre induction workshop for these new employees in the state public service, at the Aladimma Mall, Owerri, said that the gesture would contribute in transforming and building capacity within the public service of the state.
The minister who was represented by the co-ordinator of National Directors of Employment (NDE), Abia State, Lady Edna Ngozi Ofordile stated that the 10,000 jobs marked the actualization of the present administration’s determination to address the problem of unemployment.
Barr. Wogu said that the 10,000 jobs was in line with the vision 2020 of job creation for sustainable livelihood.
She described it as a beginning of a new lease of life, consequent upon the fact that the new person were leaving the unemployed market thereby giving them the opportunity to contribute to the development of the state.
In his speech earlier, the state government, Chief Ikedi Ohakim Urge the beneficiaries of the 10,000 jobs to reciprocate  by ensuring excellence in their job performance, good attitude to work, prompt service delivery, accountability and transparency to ensure higher productivity.
The Governor who was represented by his Special Adviser for Manpower Development, Lady Agatha Ndugbu stressed the need of the new staff to learn the rule and regulation of civil service to enable them to perform effectively in their professions.
In his address, the state head of service, Mr Evans Uzokwe said that the timing of the workshop was apt and in line of the new face Philosophy of the state to continually keep public servants abreast with the necessary techniques and tools for proper conduct of Government business.
“No newly recruited officer in any organisation can perform effectively without receiving the necessary orientation to guide them in the discharge if their official responsibilities”
Chief Uzokwe said that in an effort to build re-focus and restore the confidence in the public service, the state Government has committed huge resource into capacity of the workforce.
According to him the public servants of various grade levels had benefited immensely from several training courses, seminars, workshops and in service training programmes.
He describe capacity-building as an essential element in the various reforms in public service.
He stressed that civil service cannot be sustained if manpower development is negotiated and any and any organisation that is not continually injected with new ideas, skill, science and technology loses touch with the dynamism of modern times

1 Like

Re: Fg Lauds Ohakim Over 10,000 Jobs by gernded(m): 4:19pm On Apr 11, 2011
who dash monkey banana
Re: Fg Lauds Ohakim Over 10,000 Jobs by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 11, 2011
You mean 10,000 phantom jobs undecided
Re: Fg Lauds Ohakim Over 10,000 Jobs by arinzeeze: 5:26pm On Apr 11, 2011
guys come on this is for real. i was there come
Re: Fg Lauds Ohakim Over 10,000 Jobs by arinzeeze: 5:30pm On Apr 11, 2011
guys come on this is for real. i was there.
Re: Fg Lauds Ohakim Over 10,000 Jobs by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 11, 2011
arinzeeze:

It changes nothing
Re: Fg Lauds Ohakim Over 10,000 Jobs by arinzeeze: 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2011
It changes nothing

nobody needs to change you. you already know how corruption has eaten you deep like a maggot feeding on a dead flesh. you corrupt thing tongue
Re: Fg Lauds Ohakim Over 10,000 Jobs by Olumogun: 7:01pm On Apr 11, 2011
arinzeeze:

Its obvious that you are one of the few who had eaten their tomorrow today.

Can you furnish us with information of where the jobs were created, i.e the ministry and the number of youth employed there. Everybody knew when the sum of N2,000 - N3,500 was collected from the unemployed youth and jobless citizens of the state, but no one seems to know when the JOBS were created.
Re: Fg Lauds Ohakim Over 10,000 Jobs by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 12, 2011
Olumogun:

Can you furnish us with information of where the jobs were created, i.e the ministry and the number of youth employed there. Everybody knew when the sum of N2,000 - N3,500 was collected from the unemployed youth and jobless citizens of the state, but no one seems to know when the JOBS were created.
He's drunk on the blood of the masses
Re: Fg Lauds Ohakim Over 10,000 Jobs by arinzeeze: 1:20pm On Apr 12, 2011

you sound like someone that has his future eaten up ignorance. i think you are ignorant of the happening in your own state.

He's drunk on the blood of the masses
always wants to comment nonsense and say lots of rubbish from his gutters
Re: Fg Lauds Ohakim Over 10,000 Jobs by Olumogun: 1:59pm On Apr 12, 2011
@arinzeeze

i can see that you see the first part of my post (which u have responded to)

Olumogun:

If you are not one of Ohakim's campaign manager, can you now help us with the information on the later part knowing-fully well that you are well informed about the whole things happening in the state?
Re: Fg Lauds Ohakim Over 10,000 Jobs by GoldCircle: 2:23pm On Apr 12, 2011
Rabbish!

when you say 10,000 jobs were created, please tell us how? Is it that these so called 10,000 are now directly on the pay role of the Imo state government? if not how?? and are they all graduates of imo extraction?
Re: Fg Lauds Ohakim Over 10,000 Jobs by arinzeeze: 2:43pm On Apr 12, 2011
when you say 10,000 jobs were created, please tell us how? Is it that these so called 10,000 are now directly on the pay role of the Imo state government? if not how?? and are they all graduates of imo extraction?
ok! i don't work for anyone or the government but i get information about the state. now, it is clearly mentioned in the above write up and it was also stressed out in every paragraph that they were employed into the public service. i guess you know what the public service is made up of, it is so ambiguous to Begin to define. thank you Sir(s)
Re: Fg Lauds Ohakim Over 10,000 Jobs by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 15, 2011
arinzeeze:

ok! i don't work for anyone or the government but i get information about the state. now, it is clearly mentioned in the above write up and it was also stressed out in every paragraph that they were employed into the public service. i guess you know what the public service is made up of, it is so ambiguous to Begin to define. thank you Sir(s)
undecided undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Northern Gang-up Against Goodluck Jonathan / Guys,gals; What Can We Do About The Boko Haram Problem? / Trade And Investment Ministry To Create 3.1m Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.