Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,550 members, 7,812,757 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm (48642 Views)

Police Speaks On Reviving Disbanded SARS / Hakeem Odumosu Debriefs Disbanded SARS Personnel, Orders Medical Evaluation / Lagos CP Debriefs Disbanded SARS And Tactical Teams In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by ijustdey: 7:09pm On Mar 03, 2021
...We'll investigate, Odumosu assures

A Lagos resident, Korede Abiodun, has raised alarm over the reappearance of disbanded Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (FSARS) operatives on the road.

Abiodun on Wednesday morning alleged that he saw at least four armed policemen wearing the F-SARS uniform and operating along Lagos-Ibadan expressway between Alapere Estate and 7up.

The Nation reports that the Federal Government in October outlawed the unit following widespread complaints of human rights abuses, extortion and gross unprofessionalism that sparked mass protests across the country.

Four months after, Abiodun, who took to his Twitter page to warn about the resurgence of the rogue squad, said: “I didn’t believe SARS was really back till I saw them this morning.”

According to him, the operatives were at a spot where there’s speed breaker, adding that he thought they were policemen until he noticed they were SARS.

He said two cars were parked at the spot, a Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) and an unregistered saloon car which he suspected was the operation vehicle of the team.

Reacting to the alleged return of SARS, Police Commissioner (CP) Hakeem Odumosu said it was possible the resident saw policemen on duty and mistook them for the disbanded SARS.

“There is no SARS anywhere in Lagos. SARS is not in existence anymore. But the claim will be investigated. I have directed the DPO in charge of the area as well as the X-Squad to look into it,” said Odumosu.

https://thenationonlineng.net/resident-raises-alarm-as-disbanded-sars-returns-to-lagos-roads/

SARS is currently operating on Lagos -Ibadan express way in between Alapere estate and 7up stay alert people.

I didn’t believe SARS was really back till I saw them this morning

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmeboGuru/status/1366987752886140928

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by RainOnMe: 7:15pm On Mar 03, 2021
cool
Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by LokoH(m): 7:34pm On Mar 03, 2021
These roads are not like before, beware of unknown gunmen

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by RRodwave(m): 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2021
Two things is involved here
It's either SARS has returned or They are Robbers wearing Sars Uniform

For nigeria anything can happen

Am if truly Sars has returned Na Gunmen go complete the task smiley
If you know you know

Please I don't support Terrorism neither do i support extra judicial killings

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by lordm(m): 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2021
Not cool, taking the masses for granted

7 Likes

Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by optimusprime2(m): 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2021
grin
People sef... like don't they understand the dynamics of Nigeria?

grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by Tetrahedron: 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2021
Chai
Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by Elock1: 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2021
angry angry omo these country is no longer safe oh
Gun men here and there, some people still living in denial

I WEEP FOR NAIJA cry

7 Likes

Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by 9jayoungwealth(m): 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2021
grin This is Nigeria, if buhari can lead again, what is SARS?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by Umunze1stSon(m): 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2021
So you believe this government when they said SARS was disbanded?
According to them, Boko Haram was technically defeated - were they really defeated? No
They said they have remove subsidy? But did they really did? No
Second Niger Bridge, according to them is almost 70% completed, is that true? No

This government is inter-woven with lies, it was build on lies.

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by puyol005(m): 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2021
They need funds to go on with their luxurious lifestyle. 50k salary, 1m side hustle.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2021
The Bad ones among the police officers is what we protested against.

The crazy ones stopping people on the road , checking their phones, arresting youths for having tattoos and dreadlocks are the ones we protested against.

Not that some fraudsters and criminals raping , robbing and killing innocent souls should now use that as an excuse to be killing policemen, burning police stations all across the country and stealing people's goods form their businesses.

A lawless society without the police that some criminals with evil intent pray to have is what all sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians will never allow to be.
Not all Policemen you see on the road are part of the evil SARS like the most evil Policeman in the history of Africa, JAMES Nwafor that killed over 100 youths in Anambra. throwing their corpse to the fishes to feed on!!
He is the number animal y'all should be protesting to see tied to the drum at Barbeach and shot multiple times.
(We keep wondering why the enemies of the country are not talking about this animal wondering around with so much confidence, they all kept mute all because of Politics!)
Not some of the Policemen going about their job with the security polity going on in the country now.
Wail with sense for krisaake!

Later it will be you don't want to see ANY policeman on the road and end up killing them and burning all the police stations as some swines are doing already.
(This is where we miss OBJ!)
A TOTALLY lawless society is what we won't allow.
Most citizens are still counting their losses from their business looted during the last protest.
Most are still looking up to the government before they can get back on their feet again.
SAY NO TO LAWLESSNESS.

10 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by Kayberg: 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2021
Welcome to Nigeria…
Many people definitely won't like this, especially those who protested against their brutality.
But let's still hope the men OP saw just had nothing to wear and so put on the abandoned mufti.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by fitzmayowa: 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2021
They've been back for a while now, the current IGP is a toothless dog, I wonder what happened to the SWAT that they said they were training....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by Stomoney(m): 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2021
This is Nigeria nothing can surprise me any longer undecided
Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by vizkiz: 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2021
Lmao....wahala for who believed in this government

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by Tranquillity360: 8:44pm On Mar 03, 2021
Nothing works in the ZOO.

3 Likes

Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by lightuplightup: 8:44pm On Mar 03, 2021
J
Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by Mykelhendriz: 8:44pm On Mar 03, 2021
To be frank I think this is a lie, am not an apc fan or member, but honestly this is a lie

I say it with my full chest

2 Likes

Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by ken6488(m): 8:44pm On Mar 03, 2021
X
Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by sofeo(m): 8:44pm On Mar 03, 2021
Ok
Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by NaijaMutant(f): 8:44pm On Mar 03, 2021
This government is insincere, wicked and insensitive to the plight of the masses.
Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 03, 2021
There's more to it.

Good citizens of Nigeria,you can only but sit back,relax and see how it all unfolds.

I'll just type ""Following""
Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by straighttalk(m): 8:45pm On Mar 03, 2021
Gradually & Definitely The Chicken Will Be Home. To Roast or Not To Roast is Immaterial.
Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by aminusodiq(m): 8:45pm On Mar 03, 2021
Let them return... The return leg will.be madder

3 Likes

Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by Ginikammere: 8:45pm On Mar 03, 2021
Naija, maybe thier pocket don run dry
Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by fasho01(m): 8:45pm On Mar 03, 2021
Very irresponsible government and irresponsible government parastatals

No law and enforcement in thus country

1 Like

Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by teebaxy(m): 8:45pm On Mar 03, 2021
9JA...THE LESS YOU LOOK THE MORE YOU SEE...TERIBLE AND CONFUSED LEADERS

1 Like

Re: Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm by ednut1(m): 8:45pm On Mar 03, 2021
Beyond redemption

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ / Port Harcourt Residents Fishing On Flooded Government House Road (Photo) / Tinubu's Supporters "Hail" Him As He Walks Through The Airport (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.