Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities (6390 Views)

Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections / PDP Hails INEC Over Elections Postponement, Urges Supporters To Remain Calm / Group Petitions Military Board, INEC Over Buhari's Certificate Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by Depointer1: 7:46pm On Apr 11, 2011
Breaking News:
The Independent National Electoral Commission has cancelled the result of the senatorial election in Anambra Central Senatorial District.
It said a rerun would be fixed for a date to be announced soon.

The decision was announced at a press conference in Awka by the newly appointed Returning Officer for Anambra Central, Prof. Charles Esinone. The Resident Electoral Commissioner, Prof. Chukwuemeka Onukaogu, also attended the briefing, where he told newsmen that Esinone had been replaced the former RO, Mr. Alex Anene.

The major candidates in the election are a former governor of the state, Dr. Chris Ngige (Action Congress of Nigeria); ex-Minister of Information and Communications, Prof. Dora Akunyili (All Progressives Grand Alliance); and the incumbent, Chief Annie Okonkwo (Accord Party).

The declaration of the result ran into a deadlock when Anene said on Sunday that he was being pressurised by officials of the state government and APGA to declare Akunyili as the winner of the poll.

He had told newsmen in Awka that the interests promised him a house, scholarship for his children and N10 million if he declared Akunyili as the winner of the election and accepted the ‘mutilated’ result from Njikoka Local Government Area.

He said he rejected the gifts and was quitting the assignment because his conscience would not allow him to announce a mutilated result.
Ngige swiftly petitioned INEC, asking it to cancel the result in Anaocha Local Government Area because 22,000 votes were allocated in it to Akunyili.
However, at a separate briefing at her campaign office in Awka, Akunyili said that before the election, Anene was arrested with fake poll monitors and later released on bail. She alleged that instead of going to report to the police, Anene called journalists and raised allegations against her party.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2011041112495042
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by Fogman(m): 7:54pm On Apr 11, 2011
Cheery development. Now all eyes must be on this.
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by victorazy(m): 8:02pm On Apr 11, 2011
Anambra - Anambra - Anambra. How many times did i called your name? cant you rest?
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by niggapop(m): 8:05pm On Apr 11, 2011
Anambara, which one una dey?
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by Tolexander: 8:09pm On Apr 11, 2011
Nigerian politics and integerity. Aunty dora used to be a woman of virtue and honour but now appears to be a devil incarnate. O MASE O!
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by 190: 8:10pm On Apr 11, 2011
the ibo's are smart, they need more money
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by chelseabmw(m): 8:11pm On Apr 11, 2011
lol
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by Agbalanze(m): 8:15pm On Apr 11, 2011
Wind don blow, i don c fowl yash! Mrs Rebranding nigeria , Wht a shame!
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by Bintus2much(m): 8:15pm On Apr 11, 2011
this is very healthy for a democracy, Kudos to INEC
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by pheesayor(m): 8:19pm On Apr 11, 2011
Just confirmed from Channels news, this also means Ngige must have won the Governorship polls but Peter Obi rigged with the help of incumbency.

His act is laudable though, his action is a rare one in todays's Nigeria.

Also heard Andy Uba was issued certificate of return when the PDP NWC presented someone else as the flag bearer, ONLY FOR NAIJA
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by nagoma(m): 8:24pm On Apr 11, 2011
Tolexander;

All that glittered was not gold.
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by Joe50(m): 8:26pm On Apr 11, 2011
Depointer1:

The declaration of the result ran into a deadlock when Anene said on Sunday that he was being pressurised by officials of the state government and APGA to declare Akunyili as the winner of the poll.

He had told newsmen in Awka that the interests promised him a house, scholarship for his children and N10 million if he declared Akunyili as the winner of the election and accepted the ‘mutilated’ result from Njikoka Local Government Area.

some politicians are still leaving in the past angry angry angry
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by Joe50(m): 8:32pm On Apr 11, 2011
Joe50:

Hmm, this means Akunyili had been receiving bribe during her NAFDAC DG cheesy cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by isquar3d3(m): 8:52pm On Apr 11, 2011
"some politicians r still living in d past" seems that is d motto of ds 2011 electns courtesy of JEGA.
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by werepeLeri: 8:58pm On Apr 11, 2011
so. is this PDP now?
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by Sopono(m): 9:01pm On Apr 11, 2011
Abeg make un a leave Dora alone!!! angry
Its too early for speculations and name calling.
Let's wait for more info on the matter before we start throwing stones.
This is however a healthy development for the Nigerian democracy.
Congratulations to all nigerians grin grin
It is indeed the dawn of a new era!
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by agabaI23(m): 9:03pm On Apr 11, 2011
That should me Esimone and not Esinone. He is a genuis! He is a deeper life guy!
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 11, 2011
werepeLeri:

so. is this PDP now?
Apga = pdp in disguise.
Dora decamped to Apga to become a senator under the party and later on,obi can handover the governorship to her using the same power of incumbency we are seeing now.
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by rhymz(m): 9:14pm On Apr 11, 2011
A lot of nigerians are so dumb and naive, how can anyone take to church such a frivolous accusation without any iota of evidence. Is it not clear to the descerning that Mr Anene is a bloody lier doing somebody's bid?
A man whom before the commencement of the elections was caught fake election materials and hounded by the police. I wonder why he was even giveb the chance again to preside over any aspect of the elections. I saw the man on TV and I could tell he was sb's labrador lapping up lies to the media to suit sb's purpose. The guy is a paid alarmist and the pauper I saw on TV couldn't have rejected such offer if realy he was given such an enticement. How come he did not report the case to the police before rushing to the press to get all sensational with his falsehood.
Let's face fact here and eschew stupid bi-partisan politics.
Anaocha which is both the governor's and Akunyili's LGA, there is no how Dora Akunyili and APGA would not have pulled most of the votes there, thesame way he, Ngige pulled most of the votes in idemili north and south his part of Anambra.
He is crying foul because he knows if the results from Anaocha was cancelled he will have a clear lead. If he faultd the votes' margine btw him and Akunyili in Anaocha( Dora's own constituency) then same argument should be applied to his wide margin victory in idemili north and south( Ngige's own constituencies).
Everybody is just playing politics of mudslinging, Ngige knows the only exit point for him was to divert attention by crying wolf and at least get a re-run as has transpired. He is a sour loser and a desperado, he is fast running out of the the goodwill that he had accrued from Governorship days.
Thank God the Anene guy has been removed, it is obvious ACN is using him to fight dirty, seriously, with the ACN tsunami in the Southwest, I see another PDP in the making in not too far a distance. Soon there will be cross-carpeting of aggrevied PDP members and other mushroom parties to ACN just like it happened in Imo state. Thank God ACN did not win any sit in imo state, anyone that has been following the Imo state politics knows that majority of the present ACN members and flagbearers are aggrieved PDP members. These are the people we are shouting change and stuff for? I have observed ACN closely and I have observed that the party has every tendency to turn out like the PDP or even worse.
From imposition of candidate to their desperation to nationalize and oust the PDP, hence allowing corrupt money bag politicians that has the fund in any state to use the party platform without any serious scrutiny. No wonder the likes of Ararume are the financier of the party in Imo state. Change in deed! If change means changing an umbrella to a broom when the odds are against a politician then let such change die a natural death and get a decent burial, we Igbos do not need such a placebo in the name of change, it is either the real thing or nothing.
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by JOOJO1: 9:15pm On Apr 11, 2011
I think we should be careful here, this is 9ja politics. It's also possible that Chris Ngige bribed the so called INEC official 2 declare that Akunyili bribed him to tarnish the former minister's image. I mean anything is possible.
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by emcaluv(m): 9:16pm On Apr 11, 2011
I don't believe the Crap the Returning officer is saying. He was not under a gun point mind you. If he is sincere as he is making us believe, he would have announced the result. This is bullshit. They have payed him to smear Dora's name. A woman that destroyed billions of naira worth of drugs in that same Anambra. A woman that fake drug merchants offered millions of naira but she refused. We saw what played out during Yar'adua's kitchen cabinet.

Who is the master of rigging in Anambra?

You don't have to jump to conclusion.

I have great respect for that woman. She had put her life on the line on many occassions which none of you can dare do.
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 11, 2011
oh boy.  well, let's not jump to conclusions just yet.  we need solid proof of these allegations.
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by kokogee: 9:19pm On Apr 11, 2011
Tolexander:

Nigerian politics and integerity. Aunty dora used to be a woman of virtue and honour but now appears to be a devil incarnate. O MASE O!  

Well, I'm not surprised bcs she was trained to be and certified as a crook by PDP. What a shame!
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by gentlem80(m): 9:24pm On Apr 11, 2011
very nice, very nice, Were ni awon polithiefians yi sha!!!
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by babaowo: 9:25pm On Apr 11, 2011
hmmmmm we shall see
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by sley4life(m): 9:30pm On Apr 11, 2011
Dora has join the corrupt politician. Haha ha. EFCC should check her dealing while DG of NAFDAC
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by debosky(m): 9:30pm On Apr 11, 2011
So madam rebranded too has joined the company of riggers?  cheesy
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by Guylan(m): 9:32pm On Apr 11, 2011
rhymz:

A lot of nigerians are so dumb and naive, how can anyone take to church such a frivolous accusation without any iota of evidence. Is it not clear to the descerning that Mr Anene is a bloody lier doing somebody's bid?
A man whom before the commencement of the elections was caught fake election materials and hounded by the police. I wonder why he was even giveb the chance again to preside over any aspect of the elections. I saw the man on TV and I could tell he was sb's labrador lapping up lies to the media to suit sb's purpose. The guy is a paid alarmist and the pauper I saw on TV couldn't have rejected such offer if realy he was given such an enticement. How come he did not report the case to the police before rushing to the press to get all sensational with his falsehood.
Let's face fact here and eschew silly bi-partisan politics.
Anaocha which is both the governor's and Akunyili's LGA, there is no how Dora Akunyili and APGA would not have pulled most of the votes there, thesame way he, Ngige pulled most of the votes in idemili north and south his part of Anambra.
He is crying foul because he knows if the results from Anaocha was cancelled he will have a clear lead. If he faultd the votes' margine btw him and Akunyili in Anaocha( Dora's own constituency) then same argument should be applied to his wide margin victory in idemili north and south( Ngige's own constituencies).
Everybody is just playing politics of mudslinging, Ngige knows the only exit point for him was to divert attention by crying wolf and at least get a re-run as has transpired. He is a sour loser and a desperado, he is fast running out of the the goodwill that he had accrued from Governorship days.
Thank God the Anene guy has been removed, it is obvious ACN is using him to fight dirty, seriously, with the ACN tsunami in the Southwest, I see another PDP in the making in not too far a distance. Soon there will be cross-carpeting of aggrevied PDP members and other mushroom parties to ACN just like it happened in Imo state. Thank God ACN did not win any sit in imo state, anyone that has been following the Imo state politics knows that majority of the present ACN members and flagbearers are aggrieved PDP members. These are the people we are shouting change and stuff for? I have observed ACN closely and I have observed that the party has every tendency to turn out like the PDP or even worse.
From imposition of candidate to their desperation to nationalize and oust the PDP, hence allowing corrupt money bag politicians that has the fund in any state to use the party platform without any serious scrutiny. No wonder the likes of Ararume are the financier of the party in Imo state. Change in deed! If change means changing an umbrella to a broom when the odds are against a politician then let such change die a natural death and get a decent burial, we Igbos do not need such a placebo in the name of change, it is either the real thing or nothing.

Good point!
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by tunde300us(m): 9:35pm On Apr 11, 2011
If you guys remember the role this woman played during the Madam AYOOKA -EKITI SAGA, then you will know she can do this and more.I know some ppl still believe she is the dora of NAFDAC  that the whole world was honouring,then you better think twice cos she don eat and drink with the PDP and that is all you need to make her this desperate.

shame on her !!!
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 11, 2011
Why was the officer released if he was found guilty with fake election materials?

Was he forgiven with the possibility for his help in rigging the election? Was the bribe supposed to persuade him more?

Who knows.
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by Remii(m): 9:38pm On Apr 11, 2011
debosky:

So madam rebranded too has joined the company of riggers?  cheesy

When she, Dora, was mentioned among those who "persuaded" Mrs Ayoka to come out of hiding to complete PDP rigging in Ekiti rerun that time, she denied any involvement, truth is coming out now little by little.
Re: Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 11, 2011
Dora would triumph over Ngige this time around.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

15-Year-Old Used Rail Coaches Are "Good Enough" - Fashola / Senate Recommends Arik Air As National Carrier / Ebonyi In Pursuit Of Oil Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.