Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal (21742 Views)

President Buhari Signs Petroleum Industry Bill Into Law / 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB / House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by nograv: 12:24pm On Mar 04, 2021
This is Nigeria's problem in a nutshell..

Thieves masquerading as captains of industry. I remember when a wealthy uncle of mine said few wealthy individuals in Nigeria could be classified as true businessmen or woman in the global understanding of the word.

Dangote is a two bit hustler who relies on government patrons to help him succeed. Very little of what he does can be classified as true business.

He isnt alone in this, there are other Billionaires who operate like this. Carlos Slim of Mexico is another, where Mexico has the highest internet/telco and power prices in the world due his activities.

The average street tout or agbero would also be a billionaire, if they had Dangote's advantages.. Its not a lie..

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by nams77: 12:24pm On Mar 04, 2021
Queenlovely:
If Russia can CHANGE, Nigeria can change. Corrupt Oligarchs almost destroyed Russia, they had more money than the state.

Inshort private jet was nothing to them, they had 4 to 10 jets, and luxury flats in UK and America. They used state owned asset as their own and sell it at wish.

Until Putin came onboard and flushed these evil minority who was holding Russia's blockos.

Ask any Russian who Oleg derepasky is, he was the don of Dons. Today Putin has humbled them all.

If Putin a young KGB agent had sat down and complained, then Russia would have remained the same. he took his chances, ran for president and won.

Let us learn from Putin
Yes he may have flushed some but he brought in his own set. Go to quora and find out

Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by Emeka71(m): 12:25pm On Mar 04, 2021
Nice information.
Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by adesegun121(m): 12:26pm On Mar 04, 2021
Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by Sonn(m): 12:26pm On Mar 04, 2021
This is why i personally don't believe this country will get any better without RESTRUCTURING, so many errors that can be too difficult to correct, a country where one man is allowed to manipulate a system thereby suffocating others with i don't care attitude, over and over again, and some of us would say' NIGERIA WILL GET BETTER" Na lieh! unless we restructure, that's the only way

Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by somebody02: 12:26pm On Mar 04, 2021
Dangote has never been an upright business, most ones leaning on government to take advantage of policies.
That's why it will be hard for any Nigerian, Or African Billionaire to talk about how he/she rose to fame.

Massive concession to build, now you want monopoly over importation, na greed, that thing self never start to dey work o.

Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by Queenlovely(f): 12:29pm On Mar 04, 2021
nams77:

Yes he may have flushed some but he brought in his own set. Go to quora and find out

I speak Russian, I live in Omsk and Vladivostok. why do I need quora to tell me stuff I see already.

Even the quora you advertise, my friends are shareholders. please.

Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by 12inchess: 12:31pm On Mar 04, 2021
Na so Dangote they do ooo. Last last na still Atlanta and Florida babes go dey chop him money. It's crazy that you will monopolize oil Refinery to a monopoly.
Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 04, 2021
Queenlovely:
If Russia can CHANGE, Nigeria can change. Corrupt Oligarchs almost destroyed Russia, they had more money than the state.

Inshort private jet was nothing to them, they had 4 to 10 jets, and luxury flats in UK and America. They used state owned asset as their own and sell it at wish.

Until Putin came onboard and flushed these evil minority who was holding Russia's blockos.

Ask any Russian who Oleg derepasky is, he was the don of Dons. Today Putin has humbled them all. They are living in exile and cannot say a word, they are now broke.

Putin can go after them with spies and nerve poison if they say a word.

If Putin a young KGB agent had sat down and complained, then Russia would have remained the same. he took his chances, ran for president and won.

Let us learn from Putin

Forget all these pity party. Think outside the box.

We would Chase these evil men holding nigeria down. chase these evil politicians. j.j Rawlings of Ghana did it, He took action instead of complaining

Putin was endorsed by and later coopted the same system to his aims tho. Has his own oligarchs and strongmen running the show now. Tho, he is more concerned with Russia's int'l standing than Yeltsin's gang.

Guess we shld direct our ginger at the players, not the game. As u said. But perhaps better than Putin. Cos he isn't quite a solution.

Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 12:34pm On Mar 04, 2021
tommy589:
Let them kuku handover Nigeria to Dangote.And we will know we are practicing modern day serfdom in Nigeria.
They gave him,BUA and the still nameless 3rd one official pass to move their products unhindered across the land borders while other Nigerian manufacturers closed shop. Border closure was lifted days after the preferential policy became public knowledge

That one has happened already. Where were you?
Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by kalu61(m): 12:39pm On Mar 04, 2021
Queenlovely:

Ask any Russian who Oleg derepasky is, he was the don of Dons. Today Putin has humbled them all. They are living in exile and cannot say a word, they are now broke.

Let us learn from Putin

We would Chase these evil men holding nigeria down. chase these evil politicians. j.j Rawlings of Ghana did it, He took action instead of complaining
Putin is a real niggar, one day, just one day even if it takes 2000 years, someone will emerge and humble these oligarchs

Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by Fcwilly: 12:40pm On Mar 04, 2021
Piart4:
Some how the bill is ok.but dangote na you get Nigeria....
Meanwhile let me introduce you to pi network
Pi is a new form.of cryptocurrency ,just like bitcoin in its early stage it's being mined for free now.and the process of mining it is stress free.all you need to do is download the app sign up and click a button once every 24hrs.
Though the cryptocurrency has no value now till it's listed in stock market/exchange by the need of 2021.
But untill then people are mining it for free and accumulating pi coin and it has over 13million plus users and counting.
Mining might stop at anytime because the coreteam are developing pi wallet and market places when they are done,it will stop.
So download the app and start mining,it will not take you more than 5sec of your time everyday to do so for a brighter future when it actually becomes reality.And don't forget to verify your number or Facebook by going to your profile in the app.by doing this ,you will not loose your earning when pi goes to exchnange,
If you are interested Use the link in my signature and my invite code (aragon4realz) on sign-up

Go to (crypto data flow or binance site) and see that pi network is already gaining strength. Last week it reached $2.1. news have it that it's been sold almost $10 in black market. Good luck my person you're doing well. Pi is going to be the next Bitcoin.
Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by Cousin9999: 12:43pm On Mar 04, 2021
smh
Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by surgical: 12:43pm On Mar 04, 2021
ProfAmaben:
How the South with all it's resources, intelligence and religious tolerance can continue being second fiddle to the unintelligent, religious extremism infested, zero resources and a parasitic ideology baffles me till this day.
swallow your pride those guys are way smarter than you Southerners,it takes somebody more intelligent to dominate you.it is erroneous to think you guys are smarter as what's on ground doesn't show that.

Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by inereunwa1(m): 12:46pm On Mar 04, 2021
B
Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by Femeto: 12:50pm On Mar 04, 2021
DANGOTE is all about himself.

Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by oluade11: 12:51pm On Mar 04, 2021
God will trouble and remove everyone troubling Nigeria in Jesus name.

Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by nams77: 12:57pm On Mar 04, 2021
Queenlovely:

I speak Russian, I live in Omsk and Vladivostok. why do I need quora to tell me stuff I see already.

Even the quora you advertise, my friends are shareholders. please.

Oh. Yes you might be there but you may not be privy to what goes on in the upper most echelon of government.
I have course mates who came from there.
Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by Fixey: 1:04pm On Mar 04, 2021
Queenlovely:

Ask any Russian who Oleg derepasky,Mikhail Khodorkovsky are? They were the don of Dons. Today Putin has humbled them all. They are living in exile and cannot say a word, they are now broke.

Let us learn from Putin

Are you a woman please. How did you know all of these? grin

Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by Tap0lane: 1:06pm On Mar 04, 2021
Foolish Igbos like you will blame Tinubu for this as he is the one holding Nigeria done all the while.

NwaNimo1:
[img]https://media./images/eaded1e027943854c55d46eb9fc1acad/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 04, 2021
Queenlovely:

Ask any Russian who Oleg derepasky,Mikhail Khodorkovsky are? They were the don of Dons. Today Putin has humbled them all. They are living in exile and cannot say a word, they are now broke.

Let us learn from Putin

Oleg derepasky and Mikhail Khodorkovsky were never bosses of boss.

Semion Mogilevich is the boss of bosses.

Derepasky and khadorkovsky were just men that had opportunity to make money from the sales of government enterprises during the breakup of the Soviet union.

As fir Khodorkovsky he got himself in trouble trying to topple putin from power and also sabotaging russian influence through his ngo called open society of Russia.

Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 04, 2021
First off Dangote is not running a monopoly in cement or refineries; there are 4 other refineries under construction and 20 private refineries on the drawing board with valid licences

The reason why they are not working is because for donkey years government has kept fuel prices low in the name of subsidy so any refinery operating under subsidy would run at a loss

Even Dangote is able to build his refinery because he got loans easily. If the refinery fails because of the subsidy that government does not want to remove, the banks will get their money back by taking over Dangote other industries

So this article is just an attack on Dangote and a means of obsfucating on the real issue ie oil subsidy removal

If you want more refineries remove oil subsidy. Let the marketers not government control the price. That way the investors will cone and build more refineries and the 20 refineries licences would start work on them.

Because refining oil to petrol would become profitable

Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by Burruchaga71(m): 1:14pm On Mar 04, 2021
Dangote BEHAVE!!!
Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by seguno2: 1:16pm On Mar 04, 2021
hammerDK:
ORDINARY FOOD, THE WICKED NORTH USE FOR OPPRESSION.

YET STILL FIGHTING TO CARRY BIAFRA OIL, FOR THEIR COCONUT HEAD.

Who told you that he is fighting for something that he already has
Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 04, 2021
EkelediliBuhari:
He did it with cement... only companies with local production capacity had license to import cement

Killed eagle cement, bua and larfarge (killing all competition)
Then cement was 700k per truck load (600bags of cement)

Today we see the ripple effects of the policy

Never again please
Rubber stamp NASS please be useful for once

Bua and lafarge are still operating. Bua even owns 4 cement facilities in this country when i last checked

Bua even also built a refinery in Imo where he refines everything except petrol because government controls the price of petrol and thus refining oil to petrol won't be profitable for him

Dangote is not running a monopoly in cement or oil.

Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by EkelediliBuhari: 1:21pm On Mar 04, 2021
Godarz:

Bua and lafarge are still operating. Bua even owns 4 cement facilities in this country when i last checked

Bua even also built a refinery in Imo where he refines everything except petrol because government controls the price of petrol and thus refining oil to petrol won't be profitable for him

Dangote is not running a monopoly in cement or oil.

If you’re in the cememt business you will understand better

If Dangote increases cement price today others follow through

If he crashes it others have no choice

He had the head start because of favorable policies...Others are just doing catchup... no way they can compete

Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 04, 2021
EkelediliBuhari:

If you’re in the cememt business you will understand better

If Dan gore increases cement price today others follow through

If he crashes it others have no choice

He had the head start because of favorable policies...Others are just doing catchup... no way they can compete

And if he increases they can also keep prices low and attract more consumers to them than expensive Dangote

Plus Lafarge at least got the same concessions form the Obj government as did Dangote

Addthe fact that thw cost of doing business in Nigeria eg road transport costs and things like the declining value of the naira

Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by Bayaar02(m): 1:31pm On Mar 04, 2021
Greediness will break the dangote group. Jof fins down.
Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 04, 2021
If not for government patronage I wonder what would have been
Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by Tani91: 1:44pm On Mar 04, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
The yoruba media will make us think that only Dangote participate in the oil business

If the oil was monopolised by Tunde Folawiyo Petroleum Company Limited, it won't make news

We can all see that dangote monopoly is helping in creating jobs and helping in countering United states interest in Nigeria...i like that.
You are a fool sir

APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October / Fire Razes Governor Dickson’s House In Yenagoa / Obiano Tours Anambra Riverine Communities To Ascertain Water Level (Pictures)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56