Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout (5260 Views)

D'banj And Kanye West To Star In A Movie - Cruel Summer / Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 / The Movie Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by eldee(m): 1:02am On Apr 12, 2011
Aiite . . . it's not a real stake-out obviously, how cool would that be?? cheesy
But this is just a thread for us to gather evidence and opinions on what movies are going to kill this summer, what movies are you looking forward to and what ones do you think will be serious flops.
Can't remember seeing so many sequels in one year . . . it gets annoying, on sum Nollywood level swear down.

Looking forward to the embarrassing part where no one replies for two days and I have to try to push this thread up myself . . .  embarassed
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by vescucci(m): 10:00am On Apr 12, 2011
I got your back bro. But you owe me one. Hehe, not that I'd collect. But seriously, you owe me. Relax I'm just kidding. Or am I?
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by obinna5000(m): 10:23am On Apr 12, 2011
The films that rocked summer of 2010 at Nigerian cinemas were:
- IJE: THE JOURNEY
- INCEPTION
- SALT

The films that rocked summer of 2010 in Hollywood were:
- TOY STORY 3
- INCEPTION
- IRON MAN 2
- THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE  tongue

I hate making wild guesses, but here some films that I think will rock summer (May - August) 2011:

- Thor
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
- The Hangover: Part II
- Kung Fu Panda 2
- The Tree of Life
- X-Men: First Class
- Super 8
- Green Lantern
- Cars 2
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Captain America: The First Avenger
- Cowboys & Aliens
- CrazyStupidLove
- The Smurfs
- Rise of the Planet of the Apes  undecided
- Conan the Barbarian
- Fright Night
- Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World 3D

Lets see how it goes. Some might end up to be hits, while some might flop.
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by eldee(m): 10:37am On Apr 12, 2011
I seriously don't get the need for a Hangover II . . . it's unfair on the fans jare.
Interesting watch will be X-Men, I'll never get tired of em.

@vescucci

I'll have my people contact your people. cheesy cheesy
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by obinna5000(m): 10:46am On Apr 12, 2011
eldee:

I seriously don't get the need for a Hangover II . . . it's unfair on the fans jare.

@vescucci
"The Hangover: Part II" might be a either a hit or a flop.
Lets see what happens.

You still remember "The Last Airbender".  cheesy It also came out last summer and it received generally negative reviews from movie-goers and critics.

If there are any upcoming Nollywood or Bollywood films during the summer, I'll post here as well.
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by vescucci(m): 11:08am On Apr 12, 2011
Na wa o. 19 films! Wild guess?
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by obinna5000(m): 11:17am On Apr 12, 2011
vescucci:

Na wa o. 19 films! Wild guess?

@vescucci
I'm not God and I definitely can't see the future.
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by vescucci(m): 1:16pm On Apr 12, 2011
Ah, but you can see the future if you predict stuff like if you roll dice, you'll get a number from one to six or stuff like the sun will come up tomorrow or stuff like several of 19 films will be successful or flop depending on public reception. Sure, you can see the future.
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by obinna5000(m): 1:17pm On Apr 12, 2011
vescucci:

Ah, but you can see the future if you predict stuff like if you roll dice, you'll get a number from one to six or stuff like the sun will come up tomorrow or stuff like several of 19 films will be successful or flop depending on public reception. Sure, you can see the future.

@vescucci
Vescucci theory. cheesy
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by JeSoul(f): 3:47pm On Apr 12, 2011
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout
eldee:

Aiite . . . it's not a real stake-out obviously, how cool would that be?? cheesy

angry it was the word "Stakeout" that made me click on this thread  angry I demand a refund eldee.

See list from Hollywood inside man Obinna lol. Is it me or do most of those flicks sound like jello? . . .

- Thor: Seen the trailer . . . other than the dude is seriously ripped, I didn't take anything away

- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides . . . This I'm actually looking forward to

- The Hangover: Part II . . . what

- Kung Fu Panda 2 . . . who

- The Tree of Life . . . Huh

- X-Men: First Class . . . YAY!!! they better not screw it up like the last one

- Super 8 . . . sounds like 'Seven lucky kids'. OB what's this?

- Green Lantern . . . the trailer reminded me of a kid that tried too hard to be cool. We'll see

- Cars 2 . . . didn't see Pt 1 so . . .

- Transformers: Dark of the Moon . . . YEAH!!! On the top of my list

- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 . . . I stopped watching HP after the 3rd installment I think

- Captain America: The First Avenger . . . *yawns*

- Cowboys & Aliens . . . I think I saw the trailer for this, and I think I was impressed enough to want to see it

- CrazyStupidLove . . . what?

- The Smurfs . . . lol, I somehow don't see this as a 'blockbuster'

- Rise of the Planet of the Apes  undecided . . . ehen now, they have to milk the franchise to death

- Conan the Barbarian . . . lol, who's starring as Conan?

- Fright Night . . . another 'Scream'?

- Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World 3D . . . *insert Lol here*
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by obinna5000(m): 3:51pm On Apr 12, 2011
@JeSoul
Madam!! shocked Where have you been?
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by JeSoul(f): 4:47pm On Apr 12, 2011
^Ob sweerie, I've been around smiley. Wassup now?
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by obinna5000(m): 5:26pm On Apr 12, 2011
JeSoul:

^Ob sweerie, I've been around  smiley. Wassup now?

@JeSoul
I dey o!!  smiley

JeSoul:

- Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World 3D . . . *insert Lol here*

cheesy  grin  grin  grin

JeSoul:

- Fright Night . . . another 'Scream'?

It will be a remake of the 1985 horror film.  undecided I'm still doubtful this film will be commercially successful.
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by cmkserw: 4:08am On Apr 13, 2011
The more you fight something, the more anxious you become ---the more you're involved in a bad pattern, the more difficult it is to escape.
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by ayomide202(f): 4:55am On Apr 13, 2011
from Nollywood i just saw 'Blackberry babes' last week n im looking forward to 'the end of blackberry babes' then 'blackberry babes returns' then 'blackberry babes reloaded' typical nollywood sequence!
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by obinna5000(m): 7:53am On May 01, 2011
Movies to be on the lookout for in the month of May are:

- FAST FIVE (already showing in some countries)

- THOR (already showing in some countries) (May 6 2011 in the U.S.)

- BRIDESMAIDS (May 13 2011)

- PRIEST (May 13 2011)

- PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES (May 20 2011)

- THE BEAVER (May 20 2011)

- THE HANGOVER PART 2 (May 26 2011)

- KUNG - FU PANDA 2 (May 26 2011)

- THE TREE OF LIFE (May 27 2011)
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by iice(f): 6:43am On May 02, 2011
Wow. I have alot to watch this may.
Priest then PotC.
Didn't like the trailer of the smurfs
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by v3: 7:04pm On May 04, 2011
Summer movies I wanna see

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Fast Five

KungFu Panda 2

X-Men: First Class - Wolverine was a huge flop, they just had to make something to make new. Hopefully, it's not bad.

Captain America

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

The first Harry Potter bored me to death, i'll find time to watch the concluding part. undecided

#ThatIsAll
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by eldee(m): 7:36pm On May 04, 2011
So who's seen Thor yet??
Is it worth all the hype or is it just my mates' crap taste
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by v3: 7:38pm On May 04, 2011
I have. It's not worth the hype but it gets 5/10 from me.
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by iice(f): 3:43am On May 05, 2011
I've seen Thor but i'm biased since Thor has always been one of my favorite heroes.
I really enjoyed it. My only problem is the 'romance' part. As usual, most females roles are unnecessary.
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by obinna5000(m): 7:03am On May 05, 2011
v3:

I have. It's not worth the hype but it gets 5/10 from me.

@v3
shocked WOW!

@iice and eldee
THOR will be premiering in Nigeria by May 6. I'll watch and give my thoughts sha. undecided

PRIEST will be showing on May 6 in the U.K.
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by v3: 7:11am On May 05, 2011
obinna5000:

@v3
shocked WOW!
TS-type but good audio n video quality(watched it on my berry) tongue
The 'romance' thing wasn't necessary like iice said.

@eldee
Don't go to the cinema expecting some 'over the top' ish.
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by obinna5000(m): 7:52am On May 05, 2011
v3:

TS-type but good audio n video quality(watched it on my berry) tongue

cheesy cheesy cheesy

v3:

The 'romance' thing wasn't necessary like iice said.

grin grin

@v3
I've never had high expectations for THOR but I'll still go and see it. wink I also heard there's a surprise after the end credits.
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by JeSoul(f): 4:38pm On May 05, 2011
^ oohhh you people should stop spoiling my taste jor, I'm going to see Thor at the movies tomorrow angry cheesy . . . there's nothing better out there anyways.

iice:

I've seen Thor but i'm biased since Thor has always been one of my favorite heroes.
I really enjoyed it. My only problem is the 'romance' part. As usual, most females roles are unnecessary.

Ouch! grin grin
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by v3: 4:44pm On May 05, 2011
obinna5000:

- PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES (May 20 2011)
We waiting cool
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by iice(f): 2:10am On May 06, 2011
JeSoul, i think you will enjoy it.

@Obinna,
Thor has never had high expectations anyway. Not many people are into him and you'd wonder how they can make the nine worlds realistically especially in connection to earth (which has the other avengers). I think Kenneth Branagh did well jare.

I'm thinking twice about seeing Priest at the theatre. Read a few days ago that the director or whatever is the same one responsible for Legion. So i'm kinda bummed undecided
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by obinna5000(m): 10:43am On May 06, 2011
THOR is now showing in Nigerian cinemas. Watch it in 3-D at Genesis Deluxe cinemas.
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by freakout01: 11:36am On May 09, 2011
This summer there are lots of good movies are going to kill. like; Priest, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by obinna5000(m): 6:16pm On May 09, 2011
I just saw THOR today. It was pretty good but I won't say it was great. Loved the humor and some of the action sequences especially the ones with Thor (played by Chris Hemsworth) and his hammer (Mjolnir). Loki (played by Tom Hiddleston) is another character worth mentioning. I'll give it a 79% rating.

So, the next superhero movies to watch this summer are:

- X-Men: First Class (June 3 2011)

- Green Lantern (June 17 2011)

- Captain America: The First Avenger (July 22 2011)
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by ijawgirl: 12:44am On May 10, 2011
harry POTTER
SCREAM 5
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN
X MEN 4
Re: NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout by obinna5000(m): 12:50am On May 10, 2011
ijaw_girl:

harry POTTER
SCREAM 5
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN
X MEN 4

@ijaw_girl
Its not Scream 5. Its Scream 4. Maybe you're refering to Final Destination 5.

Its X-Men: First Class and not X-Men 4. Its a prequel to the first 3 X-Men movies and not a direct sequel.

In short, where have you been? shocked

**starts playing Mase - Welcome Back for ijaw _girl** cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Biggest Pool Party Ever In Nigeria Comes To Lekki This December! / What's The Best Movie You've Watched This 2015??? / Download Mtv Shuga 4 Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.